Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/15/2019 1:11:31 PM EDT

https://www.latimes.com/food/la-fo-french-fry-rankings-20190212-story.html

Keto masterrace here - I miss freedom fries so much.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
That took 2 years to amass? That’s a weekend of heavy drinking for me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Strong disagree. Hardee's fries are shit, and steak and shake's aren't great either.

Wendy's deserve to be higher since they changed them a few years ago.

And Burger King should be way at the bottom of all metrics... I dont think the fries at CFA are that great but they beat most of that list.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
ROFL....That graph is horeshit. Steak and Shakes fries better than Chick-fil-a’s? Same goes for Burger Kings or Wendy’s?

5 Guys is the only one I’d agree with as better.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I do keto here as well.  You can still have fries, just not a sack full of them.  I have found that I can have a medium MCDs french fries if that is all the carbs I have during the day.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Rally's fries are very good, the chart lost all credibility with that one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Del Taco is the best!
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Unreadable graphic is unreadable.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Whataburger. Everything else is garbage.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ROFL....That graph is horeshit. Steak and Shakes fries better than Chick-fil-a’s? Same goes for Burger Kings or Wendy’s?

View Quote
And McDonald's one of the very best for taste and texture?  Way below Arby's on taste?  Someone got paid.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#10]
That chart is dildos
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#11]
How much did McDonalds pay for this bullshit shilling?

Sonic fries are shitty though, always go with tater tots or onion rings.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Five guys is the best fries ever, by far.  Glad they got that right.

Greasy, yes.  But the best nonetheless.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I too miss fries...keto here too.

I will say, I love the waffle fries at CFA, when they are crispy but they aren't bad even when a little soggy!

Ok...I just love fries...
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Steak 'n Shake should be at the bottom, their fries suck ass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Fail, no Pal’s

Based on memory, McDonald’s had the best. Burger King and Hardee’s weren’t good. Don’t remember Wendy’s.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Lol, McDonald's fries the best and In n Outs the worst? Seriously?
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#17]
MD's fries are awesome when they are hot but have a very short half life...once cold might as well throw'em out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Lol brought to you by McDonald’s.

What a joke
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I too miss fries...keto here too.

I will say, I love the waffle fries at CFA, when they are crispy but they aren't bad even when a little soggy!

Ok...I just love fries...
View Quote
see my earlier post
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#20]
How can In n Out and Five Guys be opposite,they are almost exactly the same in every way
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Culvers, the best.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fail, no Pal's

Based on memory, McDonald's had the best. Burger King and Hardee's weren't good. Don't remember Wendy's.
View Quote
Pal's does have some good fries..... and burgers
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fail, no Pal's

Based on memory, McDonald's had the best. Burger King and Hardee's weren't good. Don't remember Wendy's.
I’ve never had anything bad from Pal’s. Never. I used to branch out, but anymore I just get the double Big Pal with fromage.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Burger King is the worst for everything
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I would kill someone for In-n-out fries.  Albeit, someone I didn't know well, but kill I would.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#26]
The only thing worse than eating an order of Burger King french fries is eating an order of Burger King french fries that are coated in actual human shit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Most are within 1 or 2 rankings of where they should be.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've never had anything bad from Pal's. Never. I used to branch out, but anymore I just get the double Big Pal with fromage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fail, no Pal's

I've never had anything bad from Pal's. Never. I used to branch out, but anymore I just get the double Big Pal with fromage.
The wife and I stop everytime we go and visit her folks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Rally's fries are very good, the chart lost all credibility with that one.
View Quote
Yeah seriously. Probably some of the best. They fry them in beef tallow thats why
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fail, no Pal’s

Based on memory, McDonald’s had the best. Burger King and Hardee’s weren’t good. Don’t remember Wendy’s.
View Quote
Must have been a while since you ate McDonald's fries.  

Many years ago they fried them with beef tallow.  Those are the delicious fries you remember.  They have replaced that with some kind of artificial beef flavoring years ago.  To me, they're fries but with some kind of weird taste to them.  Texture is a big hit or miss, sometimes good but I've given up on them quite some time ago.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#31]
No beef tallow, no care
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I put Steak-n-Shake on top with McD's number 2 but I'm not with that chart on the rest.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Many years ago they fried them with beef tallow.  Those are the delicious fries you remember.  They have replaced that with some kind of artificial beef flavoring years ago.  To me, they're fries but with some kind of weird taste to them.  Texture is a big hit or miss, sometimes good but I've given up on them quite some time ago.
View Quote
A long time ago I could have sworn I read McDonalds used some sort of pork in producing its fries (that they didnt advertise)and got sued by muzlims so they had to change the recipe.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#34]
The fact that Checkers fries are ranked bad proved that whoever made that is full of shit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How can In n Out and Five Guys be opposite,they are almost exactly the same in every way
View Quote
No they're not
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fail, no Pal’s

A couple of years.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
MD's fries are awesome when they are hot but have a very short half life...once cold might as well throw'em out.
View Quote
Same with Five Guys Fries.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#39]
At Sonic, always get the tots!
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Rally's, CFA, and Popeyes all deserve to be higher.

I don't think that I even classify what Steak and Shake sells as fries as such.

I do completely agree that In-n-Out's fries are horrible, they match up with the rest of the pitiful offering of that culturally overhyped restaurant.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fail, no Pal's

It’s a shame they don’t have a wider footprint.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#42]
IMO Five Guys and CFA can't be topped.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Was Freddy's on there?   Love those little fries.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No they're not
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No they're not
They are both cut fresh shoestring potatos,dropped in hot oil and served sometimes soggy.They both totally suck if not consumed within 2 minutes.

Where am I ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#45]
LA times? I almost guarantee this is a hit piece on in n out because they are a christian company.

People that like mcdonalds, arbys, etc are just sheep that have become accustomed to the food engineering by these companies. They literally have teams of food scientists working to make every thing taste a certain way and are engineered to tap into your internal biological reward system.

In n out is real food. and it tastes like real food.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Curly fries are disgusting.  I'll take Culver's or Wendy's fries.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
LA times? I almost guarantee this is a hit piece on in n out because they are a christian company.

People that like mcdonalds, arbys, etc are just sheep that have become accustomed to the food engineering by these companies. They literally have teams of food scientists working to make every thing taste a certain way and are engineered to tap into your internal biological reward system.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

In N Out fries are a fucking abomination to god

Everyone gets them Animal Style because that's the only way they're fucking edible.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#48]
It's so fucking sad when those overcooked matchsticks at McDonald's rank so high. That just tells me the millennials and the children (or are they the same?) don't know what a potato is supposed to taste like.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A couple of years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fail, no Pal’s

A couple of years.
And you thought they were good?  I'm sorry for your tastebuds.  

Last time I had them was about 3 months ago or so.  Texture was OK/good.  But the flavor - something was off about them.  I only go there very rarely, it will be a trip where kids are hungry and don't see better options.  It's always the same though, fries aren't very good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same thing i was thinking. That graph is shit.
Chick fil -a dipped is chick fila sauce yummmm.
Popeyes and Rallys fries are good too, they're sure as shit better than BK fries who med is everyone else small.
Wendy's are ok, McDonalds are good when you get them fresh. Arbys are good also
Steak and Shake smh,

Just LOL BK having better fries....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top