BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the Type R is OK, but I'm not paying that much for one.
They won't even let you test drive them.
Anyway, I'm kind of kicking myself in the ass for not buying a WRX STI a few years ago.
View Quote

Test drove mine before I signed off. I even test drove the one I didn’t want in red before I ordered it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was rediculus when I paid 33k for my Golf TDI.  But damn I like that car.  Only slight regret is they did not make the Audi version at the time.  They had a 3 year old Audi at the dealership when I got my TDI - and it cost almost as much.

Not sure of the years, but I thought they occasionally made a Golf with the Audi quatro drive train - awd Golf GTI.  That said, maybe I just read about the concept and it might not have ever been produced.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#3]
It's (primarily) for rich parents to buy for their driving age crouch fruit, and people who will pay $650/month for the next 7 years because living within ones own means is for faggots.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
$50k is the new $30k.
View Quote
$60k is the new $30k.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#5]
If no one bought overpriced crap...

...there would be no more overpriced crap!
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought it was rediculus when I paid 33k for my Golf TDI.  But damn I like that car.  Only slight regret is they did not make the Audi version at the time.  They had a 3 year old Audi at the dealership when I got my TDI - and it cost almost as much.

Not sure of the years, but I thought they occasionally made a Golf with the Audi quatro drive train - awd Golf GTI.  That said, maybe I just read about the concept and it might not have ever been produced.
View Quote

The Golf R has an AWD drivetrain that can also be found on some Audi models.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's (primarily) for rich parents to buy for their driving age crouch fruit, and people who will pay $650/month for the next 7 years because living within ones own means is for faggots.
View Quote

Not really, it’s a niche car for a small target audience. The people you are describing will be spending their money on Mustang GTs and the like.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We can all complain about the pricing of a Civic Type R, but name a car that's as fun to drive, in a similar price range, that holds its value as well.  I can't.  Paid $37k for mine new, could sell it today with 25,000 miles on it for the same amount.  Or more.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, paid $42k for a used Type R two years ago.  

We can all complain about the pricing of a Civic Type R, but name a car that's as fun to drive, in a similar price range, that holds its value as well.  I can't.  Paid $37k for mine new, could sell it today with 25,000 miles on it for the same amount.  Or more.

New BRZ, Supra, Miata ( ok don’t like that one )
The new Z car
Used Corvettes C5 or C6 base, ZO6 models Grand Sports. Used  C7
Boxster, 370Z
WRX etc

The Z cars don’t hold the best value but that list is pretty damn strong.  I’m not going to lie I do not like FWD cars
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Golf R is probably a better choice if you want a more refined car with leather, less outrageous looks.

Civic Type R is goofy looking, but will out handle a Golf R and only available in FWD.  306 HP and adjustable suspension, huge brakes.
View Quote
Where can you find a new Golf R right now?
Im kinda looking for one.

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A rational consumer's worst enemy is every other irrational consumer with money to spend.
View Quote
In a market economy, who exactly is the rational one if the 'irrational' outnumber the 'rational' by a large margin?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Where can you find a new Golf R right now?
Im kinda looking for one.

View Quote

I don’t think any of them have made it over yet.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Those 964s went nuts for pricing.  993, too.  Interestingly, the Civic Type R outperforms all of them minus a GT2, GT3 RS, or possibly the GT3.  Nurburging times for the Civic Type R were what got me thinking about (and eventually) buying one.  

Faster around the Nurburgring than an M3, 996 GT3, Aston Martin, R8, F430, 360 Challenge Stradale, etc. etc. etc.  Not 100% sure I believe it (supposedly, a stock car on street tires), but they have it on video.  Gotta be true, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clapped out air cooled 911.

Those 964s went nuts for pricing.  993, too.  Interestingly, the Civic Type R outperforms all of them minus a GT2, GT3 RS, or possibly the GT3.  Nurburging times for the Civic Type R were what got me thinking about (and eventually) buying one.  

Faster around the Nurburgring than an M3, 996 GT3, Aston Martin, R8, F430, 360 Challenge Stradale, etc. etc. etc.  Not 100% sure I believe it (supposedly, a stock car on street tires), but they have it on video.  Gotta be true, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N

Here is something to think about.
Nurburgring times don’t mean nearly as much off the track.  I’m not suggesting that it doesn’t relate, but even with the turbo that civic isn’t going to like climbing the steep mountain roads.

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Golf R isn’t tarted up like anime fap bait.

Civic R will sell all they have at $54k+ to kids of rich parents.

Pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Golf R is up there also

Golf R isn’t tarted up like anime fap bait.

Civic R will sell all they have at $54k+ to kids of rich parents.

Pass.

The new CTR looks a lot better than last year's, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lol that’s stupid.

I’d rather have that crazy GR Corolla.

At least it starts at mid 30k.
View Quote

More like $43k for the Circuit trim if you want to compare it to the CTR.

Hyundai's N cars will are more attractive at low $30ks if the CTR is going for $50k+, too bad they canned the Veloster N, now it's just the Elantra.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hyundai's N cars will are more attractive at low $30ks if the CTR is going for $50k+, too bad they canned the Veloster N, now it's just the Elantra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol that’s stupid.

I’d rather have that crazy GR Corolla.

At least it starts at mid 30k.

Lol, ADM on that Corolla is going to be YUUGE!

They’ll all be $50k+ for a long time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Not much less than a RS3
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm out at that price. I'm still running around in my turbo Shelby cars, so I don't know that I'll ever get to something like this before I die.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Eh, they'll sell everyone they make.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#19]
$44,000 for a Honda Civic and they will all sell out,
no wonder most Americans live from paycheck to paycheck and are poor.

Let me guess 10 yr financing too?

Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Hell I am here looking for something AWD and fairly quick.
So I don't know shit about these but I need something AWD and quick.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#21]
For $54000 u get a lot of options that can leave a civic type r in the dust
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#22]
A Camaro SS is $10k cheaper, gets the same gas mileage, and is faster in every single way.

The only performance guys who will buy this car are the ones who would still buy it no matter how fast it was or how much it costs.

Gone are the days of Type R’s being budget barn burners.
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A Camaro SS is $10k cheaper, gets the same gas mileage, and is faster in every single way.

The only performance guys who will buy this car are the ones who would still buy it no matter how fast it was or how much it costs.

Gone are the days of Type R’s being budget barn burners.
View Quote

Wow, SS with track package MSRP $43k. That is an easy choice over the CTR at $50-60k. A BMW M240i is also cheaper than the CTR.

When the Veloster N came out, all the car reviewers said the CTR was better in most ways, the question was whether it was worth $6-10k more than the Hyundai. Now the CTR is $20k more than the Elantra N.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top