Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Tier 1 SnapOn, it cost $87.  That was just for the rubber grommet, not the socket.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
upper #6 on a twin plug oil cooled 911 with power steering requires all the tricks in the book.
View Quote
Lol I bet. #6 is hard enough on my 3.0 with a/c, heater blower and everything else possible stripped out of the engine bay.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I always figured it was there to grip the plug so it's easy to pull out when disengaged from the threads.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All if the ones I've ever had, the grommet holds tighter than my extension. This leaves both down the hole after tightening. I loosen with the socket sans grommet and then pull the plug out with a magnet, if required.
View Quote
Duck tape that bitch together...I've been there. Or, as posted, buy locking extensions. But duck tape!
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the rubber grommet spark plug sockets for years. Lost the socket on the plug, lost the grommet on the plug, even started doing spark plug swaps with a long pair of pliers for when I'd need it. I eventually filed down the grommet so that it would hold but not too tightly.

Then someone let me borrow a magnetic spark plug socket...I now have two...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top