BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:47:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s the illusion or feeling of enlightenment, not real enlightenment. Higher level thought does not occur under the influence, regardless what the druggies may say. I guarantee none can articulate their insights to Critique of Pure Reason levels. Christianity even reaches this level of articulation in the Concluding Unscientific Postscript. Psychedelics only lead to nihilism and relativism, other than the objective reality of “elves” or demonic entities people experience.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s the illusion or feeling of enlightenment, not real enlightenment. Higher level thought does not occur under the influence, regardless what the druggies may say. I guarantee none can articulate their insights to Critique of Pure Reason levels. Christianity even reaches this level of articulation in the Concluding Unscientific Postscript. Psychedelics only lead to nihilism and relativism, other than the objective reality of “elves” or demonic entities people experience.
View Quote

What exactly does “Critique of Pure Reason” mean?
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#4]
How is this on page 2 with no dock ellis reference?
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Wow, what a resemblance
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critique_of_Pure_Reason

Quite a read if you can understand it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a cliff notes version?

Or maybe we can bypass it entirely. Why is the use of psychedelics unacceptable to you?
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Or maybe we can bypass it entirely. Why is the use of psychedelics unacceptable to you?
View Quote

I wouldn’t say unacceptable, people can do what they want, but it’s clear they don’t produce higher level, advanced thoughts or insights, but rather they give the appearance or feeling of intelligence and awareness. If they did they would be able to articulate it to the degree I mentioned (Kant), which was just an example of high level pure reasoning and theorization, some would consider the pinnacle of the enlightenment era.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
WTF is ayahuasca and why am I just now hearing about it?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I wouldn’t say unacceptable, people can do what they want, but it’s clear they don’t produce higher level, advanced thoughts or insights, but rather they give the appearance or feeling of intelligence and awareness. If they did they would be able to articulate it to the degree I mentioned (Kant), which was just an example of high level pure reasoning and theorization, some would consider the pinnacle of the enlightenment era.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The utility of psychedelics isn’t that they turn people into geniuses.  The utility of psychedelics is that they disrupt a person’s normal perception of reality and allow the person a different perspective of it.  Whatever you take into a trip is what you come out with.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The utility of psychedelics isn’t that they turn people into geniuses.  The utility of psychedelics is that they disrupt a person’s normal perception of reality and allow the person a different perspective of it.  Whatever you take into a trip is what you come out with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People see things differently when they shed inhibition
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#14]
For those that don't know, dock ellis pitched a no hitter on LSD. He partied so hard he forgot what day it was, so he inadvertently took LSD a little while before he realized he was suppose to pitch.

He said he couldn't feel the ball in his hand and he couldn't clearly see the batter and catcher. It's pretty obvious he just let muscle memory take over, and pitched the best game of his career, most likely because he wasn't overthinking everything.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For those that don't know, dock ellis pitched a no hitter on LSD. He partied so hard he forgot what day it was, so he inadvertently took LSD a little while before he realized he was suppose to pitch.

He said he couldn't feel the ball in his hand and he couldn't clearly see the batter and catcher. It's pretty obvious he just let muscle memory take over, and pitched the best game of his career, most likely because he wasn't overthinking everything.
View Quote

Thanks for the reminder of this old YouTube video I hadn’t watched in years…

No Mas Presents: Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No by James Blagden

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That he wiped out his conscious muscle control and still did that speaks to his level of training.  It’s like driving to work and forgetting how you got there because you were too busy thinking about what you had to do that day.  Except he did it for a whole baseball game in front of a crowd of fans.  Just another day at the office I guess.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does this different “perspective” actually produce an intelligible thought? I don’t think it does, it isn’t real. You can argue for performance enhancing effects, biomechanically, but not intellectually.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Does this different “perspective” actually produce an intelligible thought? I don’t think it does, it isn’t real. You can argue for performance enhancing effects, biomechanically, but not intellectually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The perspective caused by psychedelics is real.  It’s as real as any other perspective.  Here’s a list of famous scientists that experimented with all kinds of drugs.  This isn’t to say that the drugs made them brilliant.  It’s to say that these famous scientists used drugs, and some of them had insights while they did.  Like I said, what you take in is what you bring out.

https://www.famousscientists.org/14-famous-scientists-inventors-who-experimented-with-drugs/
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:33:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trying to explain trippin to someone who has never tripped is waste of time.  

Believe what you will
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Biological processes. I'm told that to have a pleasant trip on ahyuasca (I've never done it just for the record). You need to do some preparation, including a vegetarian diet for a month or so before being dosed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It makes you barf and poop a lot?

Sounds fun.

Biological processes. I'm told that to have a pleasant trip on ahyuasca (I've never done it just for the record). You need to do some preparation, including a vegetarian diet for a month or so before being dosed.

A month?  Fuck that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That’s how you get the monkey pox.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for him. More folks need to open their “third eye”.

That’s how you get the monkey pox.

Not the brown eye.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Lots of psychoactive threads this week.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Paging Hamilton Morris of Hamilton's Pharmacopia
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#24]
"Success"
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lots of psychoactive threads this week.
View Quote

Yes, it's quite fun.

A website full of active and retired cops seriously discussing the therapeutic potential of psychedelics...
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Holy shit, he needs to star in the remake that will eventually happen because Hollywood sucks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I dont think anything it does to you! Can help you physically win a ball game.

Might help your mental ability, but in no way affects you physically.
View Quote

I disagree.  My physicality improves dramatically when I am confident.
It still takes a team and luck to win a ball game.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top