Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Two words sum up all these nutty pet owner phrases: mental illness.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Removed
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys with animals in your houses are dumb

They are robots created by the government to spy on you. That's why the ATF takes them out when they raid your house, so they can't be tracked with it

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Some of us and our wives can't have children.  We fill those gaps the best we can.

Assholes.  Get over yourselves.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have a Komodo Dragon?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry my scale baby ate your fur baby.
You have a Komodo Dragon?

Retics
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The phrases of “pet parent” or “dog mom” are for the mentally ill. You didn’t give birth to a dog and you didn’t get a dog pregnant. You own a pet, that’s it. Pet owner.

Let me know when you drop $5,000 taking your dog to Disneyland.
View Quote

Buddy of mine has a service dog.  He’s spent way, way more than $5,000 taking his dog to Disney.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing can save a society whose members truly believe that owning a pet is equivalent to raising a child.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Goog grief, nothing like going shopping for groceries and seeing multiple people with their “fur babies” in their carts licking their ass! Then the owner picks up multiple items and puts them back after handling the dog that’s been licking its ass! Wonderful
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LOL... OP needs some meds.  

But, to play in this little dumpster fire of stupidity........

This is BB, we took him in before a neighboring town killed him as he was a pet illegally there.  I don't refer to him as a scaly baby or anything like that.  He is my heat seeking lethal injection machine.  Yes, I care about him a lot.  More than most people.  Why?  Because he's not some whiny Gen whatever that gets triggered because someone has a cute name for their animals that they like.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224/318750419_886500955858012_23031099095419-3079713.JPG
View Quote

Is that the one that you were handling when the dick head gave you attitude and BB barely missed him
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#13]
A ton of animal bumper stickers, and especially, "Pit Mama" bumper stickers are your sign to run away.

The one time we were trying to buy a hound dog off a "rescue", the phrase, "Forever home" kept coming up from them, again and again.  It was nauseating.  

After having unfortunately been acquainted with a number of "pet rescuers", I've determined that the bigger a person is into "pet rescue", the bigger there is a mental illness and filth in their household.  One that I know got fired from her job because she was running around and collecting dogs all day instead working.  Others wanted to move and sell their house when it was revealed that there was dog shit, filth, and stench all through their houses, and the most extreme case I know was raided by some state agency because it was so bad.

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
holy fuck, who cares
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I really think it's nobody's business how we refer to our pets or ourselves in relationship to them.
I don't find it necessary to comment on other people's crotch fruit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The phrases of "pet parent" or "dog mom" are for the mentally ill. You didn't give birth to a dog and you didn't get a dog pregnant. You own a pet, that's it. Pet owner.

View Quote
Agreed. This is typically amongst libs
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"fur babies"
View Quote

This and when my wife calls me the dogs “Daddy” makes me cringe.  

I correct her on the regular.  Not that that does anything.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I really think it's nobody's business how we refer to our pets or ourselves in relationship to them.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nothing can save a society whose members truly believe that owning a pet is equivalent to raising a child.
View Quote

Have you met some people’s kids?

I submit that the problem of shitty parents raising shitty children has far greater implications for society than what some people call their pets does.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  My neighbors refer to their three rat dogs as "The kids". Fucking morons.
View Quote

I refer to kids as rug rats .
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
holy fuck, who cares
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OP sounds like his GF left him for a dog lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Rant
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I just made a video about my wife's cat Cher:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT84gSehH/

??
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pretty minor thing to get worked up over.
View Quote

I would argue that it's a symptom of something that's not minor at all.  Children and parenthood have been denigrated in our society to such an extent that a large portion of the population sees them as an inconvenience or a luxury rather than an integral part of life.  A lot of people humanize their pets to satisfy parental instincts that are otherwise left unfulfilled by the decision not to raise actual children.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone who refers to their pets as their children, or to themselves as the parents of said pet, is immediately dismissed as a mental deficient as far as I am concerned.
View Quote
nailed it.  There are a few red flags that someone is retarded and to not take anything they say seriously.  This is 100% one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#27]
I couldn’t be friends with anyone who uses those terms seriously. Seriously.
They’re fucked in the head.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I forgot the fur babies
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"fur babies"

I forgot the fur babies

Forever home…..
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#29]
It’s just selfish DINKs doting on a possession to fill the void of their meaningless existence.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  Same shit as the fat lazy bitches claiming stay at home mom when their kids are in school all day.
Bored and/or losers. L
Let’s throw in people with service dogs without physical complications too.
View Quote

And folks with handicap placards who aren’t really disabled .
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:  Nothing can save a society whose members truly believe that owning a pet is equivalent to raising a child.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hammer, meet nail.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I was agreeing with the sentiment until the last line of the OP.

So the difference between having a kid and a dog is cost?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#34]
We couldn't have children and the entire adoption process is a train wreck (we looked into it heavily) so we now have the cutest little Maltese that has ever existed.

It’s not the same but I still refer to her as “baby girl” because that’s the closest I’ll ever get to a child.

Basically, I don’t care what you think OP ?????

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We couldn't have children and the entire adoption process is a train wreck (we looked into it heavily) so we now have the cutest little Maltese that has ever existed.

It’s not the same but I still refer to her as “baby girl” because that’s the closest I’ll ever get to a child.

Basically, I don’t care what you think OP ?????

https://nextcloud.fstech.ltd/s/zJPMgRRYopmLErF/preview
View Quote

I bet she is a lovely little girl
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
nailed it.  There are a few red flags that someone is retarded and to not take anything they say seriously.  This is 100% one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone who refers to their pets as their children, or to themselves as the parents of said pet, is immediately dismissed as a mental deficient as far as I am concerned.

You guys are making way to much out of this.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The phrases of “pet parent” or “dog mom” are for the mentally ill. You didn’t give birth to a dog and you didn’t get a dog pregnant. You own a pet, that’s it. Pet owner.

View Quote

I agree 100% and I have 3 dogs.

"Fur Baby" is the dumbest fucking term ever. Dogs are awesome, but they are DOGS not children.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#38]
We have a local scenario unfolding. About 12 miles down the road, houses are starting to get packed closer together. Karen and Ken types are moving in rapidly.

One of them had a boxer-dog running loose, and apparantly it came onto an old timers property in an aggresive manner. The old timer shot and killed the dog.

Police were called, and the prosecutor decided "good shoot".

You would not believe the outcry on the Neighborhood ap. These Karens are literally ready to murder this old guy over a dog. It is an awesome window into liberal Karen mental health/crazy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#39]
It’s just a symptom of our diseased, pathetic, and increasingly anti-natalist society, a society populated by helpless, infantile, adult-children who have been purposefully crippled both intellectually and emotionally by a government school system—and culture in general—that seeks only to create empty vessels devoid of both thought and value not bestowed by the State.

It’s a small thing in and of itself, but it’s all connected.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I couldn’t be friends with anyone who uses those terms seriously. Seriously.
They’re fucked in the head.  
View Quote

It was really eye-opening when I had an otherwise well-adjusted, very conservative co-worker that I also considered a friend tell me straight-faced that if she had to choose between letting one of her dogs drown rather than me, she would choose to let me die.  I can't wrap my head around that.  I know people love their pets but...wow.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

OP, you do realize Disney World has a great facility on property for pets. Many people do take their pets but it's only $700 not $5000.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It was really eye-opening when I had an otherwise well-adjusted, very conservative co-worker that I also considered a friend tell me straight-faced that if she had to choose between letting one of her dogs drown rather than me, she would choose to let me die.  I can't wrap my head around that.  I know people love their pets but...wow.
View Quote

Honestly after spending so much time on the internet and even just out in public, I can get her sentiment. A lot of people are absolutely awful, miserable drains.

However, I can't fathom saying that to someone I consider a friend - so says a lot about her really.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

People that use the term “crotch fruit” are every bit as stupid as the ones that say “fur babies”, however the former instantly identifies the user as a trashy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I guess that makes me a "Cat Dad", which actually sounds kinda cool.
View Quote

The cat may let you think that just to get more treats, but in reality you are a "Cat slave".  
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#45]
I like dogs far more than people and I think this is ghey AF.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Sweet Pea…..

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Back and forth COC 6/7
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top