Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Interesting post from an account with just over one post a year.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With perfect timing....

Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I learned all I needed to know about Islam on 9-11 and 100s of other attacks by mooslims on Christians and Jews and Mooslims who are not mooslim enough.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A sword, like a pistol, and violence itself, are all just a tools.  All may used to attack or defend. Part of the problem is, the western world is by nature mostly defensive; while the Muslin theocratic system is offensive by design.
View Quote
true.
the defensive what the main jest of it. but to say they turned the other cheek on everything is questionable at best.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen this before.  But thanks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Uh...Just War doctrine has been around for about forever, and is both Christian and details the proper means for dispensing violence.

All sorts of Christian thinkers from Augustine to Aquinas to Pope John Paul II have discussed the proper restraints in wartime. The first limitations on violence in warfare were innovations of the Catholic Church.

Now, the distinction to be raised was one raised in the wake of the 30 Years War, where violence in its own name became its own self-reinforcing dynamic.

So, to be a Bohr_Adam or 2minkey and play the "all is equal" game is at best lazy thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the TLDR crowd: Violence is not a Christian doctrine. Violence perpetrated in the name of Christianity is heretical, no excuse or justification for it.
Uh...Just War doctrine has been around for about forever, and is both Christian and details the proper means for dispensing violence.

All sorts of Christian thinkers from Augustine to Aquinas to Pope John Paul II have discussed the proper restraints in wartime. The first limitations on violence in warfare were innovations of the Catholic Church.

Now, the distinction to be raised was one raised in the wake of the 30 Years War, where violence in its own name became its own self-reinforcing dynamic.

So, to be a Bohr_Adam or 2minkey and play the "all is equal" game is at best lazy thinking.
I think the point is that Jesus and the Bible do not teach violence.  Later church fathers/thinkers came up with that thinking after the Church got in bed with politics and power.

We all know...well except 2minkey...that war, violence subjugation is part and parcel of Islam.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 8:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's true. And I think that the atheists and weekend religionists lazily apply a nosce tiepsum type reasoning to understand Muslim behavior, but this doesn't work because they have no clue what it is like to literally read a book and follow it like it was the word of an all powerful God. That's just outside of their experience totally. So when they are told that according to the Koran that the life of non-Muslims is worth less than an insect, they fail to comprehend the impact that has on the psyche of the Faithful. Acts of wanton murder are dismissed as this nebulous concept of "terrorism", and that's where their comprehension runs out of historical and psychological context. It is unable to go any further.
View Quote
This sums it up perfectly.  As someone who reads and follows the Bible as the word of God, I understand Muslims.  Allah says it, that settles it.  It explains everything and it is why politicians will never understand it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think the point is that Jesus and the Bible do not teach violence.  Later church fathers/thinkers came up with that thinking after the Church got in bed with politics and power.

We all know...well except 2minkey...that war, violence subjugation is part and parcel of Islam.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the TLDR crowd: Violence is not a Christian doctrine. Violence perpetrated in the name of Christianity is heretical, no excuse or justification for it.

Exactly.

We’re required by leftist these days to make a clear distinction between “real” muslims and “not real” muslims who carry out terrorist attacks, yet the Left, and many here in this thread, have no problem blaming every Christian everywhere for acts carried out by one sect of Christianity, even though those teachings a clearly not a part of Jesus’ teachings, New Testament doctrine, or a part of many other Christian sects. All the while the opposite is true of islam, as violence is clearly, and very much a part of the koran and other teachings such as the hadith.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They are disingenuous dolts. An evil or flawed individual with any christian affiliation, that acts in a way that is clearly against christian teachings, becomes representative of the entirety of the christian faiths. Muslims have, at the very least, large sects that are evil and violent, yet the same people claim that those that act on the teachings are the exception.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Islam is evil.

I was arguing about the crusades with an idiot that hates Christianity and all organized religion. After explaining that Christians had been attacked by Muslims for centuries before the Crusades, he kept asking why Christians didn't just keep turning their cheek like the Bible says.

I asked him why the Koran says it's ok to kill non believers and suggested that he learn the Bible before claiming to be an expert on it.

I just can't understand how some people can give evil a pass but jump on any little mistake Christians make. I'm not saying the crusades were a mistake. I think they should have done more.

They whine and bitch about hypocrisy and totally ignore the hypocritical standard they use to compare Islam to Christianity
They are disingenuous dolts. An evil or flawed individual with any christian affiliation, that acts in a way that is clearly against christian teachings, becomes representative of the entirety of the christian faiths. Muslims have, at the very least, large sects that are evil and violent, yet the same people claim that those that act on the teachings are the exception.
Truth.
The word "assassin" comes from a Muslim sect.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 2:26:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Let me help you out.

Religion is a plague on Earth ! Founded by people looking for control.
View Quote
Don't you feel better! What's it like being an awesome SJW? I can only dream.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Islam is evil.

I was arguing about the crusades with an idiot that hates Christianity and all organized religion. After explaining that Christians had been attacked by Muslims for centuries before the Crusades, he kept asking why Christians didn't just keep turning their cheek like the Bible says.

I asked him why the Koran says it's ok to kill non believers and suggested that he learn the Bible before claiming to be an expert on it.

I just can't understand how some people can give evil a pass but jump on any little mistake Christians make. I'm not saying the crusades were a mistake. I think they should have done more.

They whine and bitch about hypocrisy and totally ignore the hypocritical standard they use to compare Islam to Christianity
Truth.
Alcohol is haram! But hash dope smoking and khat is kewl.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top