Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/14/2024 6:21:53 PM EDT
A massive snowstorm that buried Colorado and shut down Interstate 70 stranded travelers overnight, including a ski bus filled with 50 women who were out of water and food after being stuck 16 hours and counting.

"We're in good spirits," Mary Wagner, one of the skiers on the bus, told The Colorado Sun on Thursday morning. "But we're done now."

For years, the women, many retired or moms with kids in school, have taken the ski bus on Wednesdays. This week, they spent the day at Vail, then got back on the bus at 3:30 p.m. for the ride home. Within 10 minutes, as the snow started to fall, they were stopped on Vail Pass because of a stalled car. When they were able to move again, the uphill climb overheated the transmission on the bus, so they waited for a tow truck that got them to a pullout 3 miles up the road.

The charter bus recovered, so they crawled along, past more accidents and through the Eisenhower Tunnel. They had to switch drivers in Idaho Springs because, by this point, about 11:30 p.m., the original had reached her time limit of hours in the driver's seat.

Then at midnight, when they were just east of Idaho Springs, I-70 stopped moving.

Thursday morning, the bus   operated by Arrow Stage Lines and called the "Thera-Ski Bus," as in "skiing is therapy"   had not moved from its spot near mile marker 242 since midnight.

"We're at 16 hours and we have no indication of movement or leaving," said Wagner, a Cherry Hills Village resident who has been riding the ski bus for years. "The toilet is full and we're almost out of water."

send halp
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#1]
In the Army we pooped in the woods.  Man up ladies.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, Ray used to be on the road as a trucker, and that's what truckers do! They're drivin' along, and they've got deadlines to meet... they don't wanna pull in and... park the truck, walk in, take a pee in the toilet, then go back out and get on the road... they just have an old jug and they... put their bird in it, have a pee, cap it off, and once it's full they just drill the fuckin' thing out on the highway! I mean, I don't agree with it. I see where they're comin' from, trying to make their deadlines, but... Ray's been firing them all over the park like he's still drivin' a truck!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A massive snowstorm that buried Colorado and shut down Interstate 70 stranded travelers overnight, including a ski bus filled with 50 women who were out of water and food after being stuck 16 hours and counting.
View Quote

That's some real feminine logic there....
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well, Ray used to be on the road as a trucker, and that's what truckers do! They're drivin' along, and they've got deadlines to meet... they don't wanna pull in and... park the truck, walk in, take a pee in the toilet, then go back out and get on the road... they just have an old jug and they... put their bird in it, have a pee, cap it off, and once it's full they just drill the fuckin' thing out on the highway! I mean, I don't agree with it. I see where they're comin' from, trying to make their deadlines, but... Ray's been firing them all over the park like he's still drivin' a truck!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way of the road, Bubs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Literally surrounded by water.

ETA: Beat
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Can you imagine how loud it is on that bus?

I dropped my now ex-wife off at an all-women house party once that was already in progress. It was insane. 50-60 women all talking at once. Like, not a single one was listening to another.  Like an unmedicated insane asylum.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#9]
The amount of stubble after 16 hours without shaving thy coochie, legs, and underarms sickitates me. Simply not acceptable to go uncoifed that long, so I wouldn't even want one of them back. Gross.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The bus driver probably killed himself after the first 15hrs of being trapped in that that PMS fueled hen-fest.       i
View Quote
indubitably.

i would've bailed after the first 60 minutes and headed out on foot in the blizzard into certain death.

at least it's quiet out there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Only a woman could overheat a transmission when it is 20° out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's some real feminine logic there....
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I dropped my now ex-wife off at an all-women house party once that was already in progress. It was insane. 50-60 women all talking at once. Like, not a single one was listening to another.  Like an unmedicated insane asylum.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Everyone in the state knew this was coming. Only a complete dunce would have gone over the pass. Especially in a fucking bus.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Only a woman could overheat a transmission when it is 20  out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#16]
They would never make it through Alberta. There are no rest areas. If you don't go on the side of the road you will blow up.
@RTX that's ridiculous! I'm a hairy beast but it takes more than 16 hours to notice growth. I'm not sure you've been with a woman long enough.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you imagine the situation after they started coming down off the wine?

“Martha, you fucking bitch, you’ve been a pain in my ass for 20 years and I’m sick of hearing your tired old shit!  Shut the fuck up before you end up like those Chiefs fans who froze to death in the back yard. Cunt!!!”
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

“Martha, you fucking bitch, you’ve been a pain in my ass for 20 years and I’m sick of hearing your tired old shit!  Shut the fuck up before you end up like those Chiefs fans who froze to death in the back yard. Cunt!!!”
View Quote

LMAO - that's no shit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Martha, you fucking bitch, you've been a pain in my ass for 20 years and I'm sick of hearing your tired old shit!  Shut the fuck up before you end up like those Chiefs fans who froze to death in the back yard. Cunt!!!"
View Quote
i'd be okay watching a couple hot young nekkid bisexual snowboarder hotties fighting on the bus.

@CastleBravo91
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i'd be okay watching a couple hot young nekkid bisexual snowboarder hotties fighting on the bus.

@CastleBravo91
View Quote

The story said it is retirees.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
sir, you will not take my hot young nekkid bisexual snowboarder punk girl fantasies from me.

you will not.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@CastleBravo91

Sixty year old munchers can still be young at heart.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Imagine not eating for 16 straight hours
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Probably smelled like a tuna can when they finally cracked the door.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Their husbands are probably ecstatic they are still gone. Sad that they aren't also ''missing.''
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck it!  I'm taking one for the team!!!  LEROY JENKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bus full of hangry womenz? No thank you sir.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fuck it!  I'm taking one for the team!!!  LEROY JENKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Imagine the smell
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Imagine the smell
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imagine the smell

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Ho no!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The bus driver probably killed himself after the first 15hrs of being trapped in that that PMS fueled hen-fest.      
View Quote

????????????????????

Cluck-cluck-cluck-cluck

Hell on Earth.....

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Uhhh... stopped due to too much snow.... on a ski tour bus. With skis. And people who know how to ski. Stuck. In snow.

Also, if the toilet is full, open the valve and make it not full. A bit o salty water will probably help melt the snow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@CastleBravo91

good gawd..!! i would have flung myself off the nearest over pass
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I used to drive a shuttle bus from Stapleton to Breck/Copper/Keystone.   You would think a bunch of women getting drunk on your short bus would be kinda fun.  No, it was not usually fun.  They tended to be kind of pissy considering they were going on Vaca.  Got stuck in traffic on the I70 tunnel approach more than once with a van full of clucking hens.   A little rear end drift shut them down quick.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I used to drive a shuttle bus from Stapleton to Breck/Copper/Keystone.   You would think a bunch of women getting drunk on your short bus would be kinda fun.  No, it was not usually fun.  They tended to be kind of pissy considering they were going on Vaca.  Got stuck in traffic on the I70 tunnel approach more than once with a van full of clucking hens.   A little rear end drift shut them down quick.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#38]
The storm had been forecast for days in advance.  I have no sympathy for the fucking idiots that thought they were immune to mother nature.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The bus driver probably killed himself after the first 15hrs of being trapped in that that PMS fueled hen-fest.      
View Quote

The first bus driver was a woman. They don’t say if a man or woman took over when the first reached her driving limit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The first bus driver was a woman. They don't say if a man or woman took over when the first reached her driving limit.
View Quote
they don't say because the second driver is a man who, after sitting on the bus for 30 minutes listening to that shit, said "fuck this shit" and took off on foot in the blizzard to certain death.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Uhhh... stopped due to too much snow.... on a ski tour bus. With skis. And people who know how to ski. Stuck. In snow.

Also, if the toilet is full, open the valve and make it not full. A bit o salty water will probably help melt the snow.
View Quote

LMAO, yeah I'd be shredding the surrounding terrain. When life gives you powder, ski it.

My house is getting pounded with the same storm. I keep getting emails with pass phrases for the roads there. I'm up in Jackson having a beer outside in a T-shirt after some delicious spring skiing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
that's a goddamn environmental disaster right there, big shoots.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Just finished reading Empire of Ice and Snow, probably my 20th artic survival story. I have no sympathy… though I’d let the hottest two suck my dick for some water and a couple granola bars.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just finished reading Empire of Ice and Snow, probably my 20th artic survival story. I have no sympathy  though I'd let the hottest two suck my dick for some water and a couple granola bars.
View Quote
GILFs.

good call.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@CastleBravo91

Oof
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The older they were, the more I would have to stop for their piss break.  I knew some of the tunnel guys by name at Eisenhower.

I mean, we just stopped at Dumont for a piss break.  Hit the tunnel and Martha has GOT TO GO.  Back then you could hit a public head at the tunnel.   I will say if you worked them right the tip $ flowed like their urinary incontinence.  Good money for a young guy, and I didn’t have to bed many down.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just finished reading Empire of Ice and Snow, probably my 20th artic survival story. I have no sympathy… though I’d let the hottest two suck my dick for some water and a couple granola bars.
View Quote

You don't drive a very hard bargain. They'll do it for just the water, but you have to trust them to let them have a sip first so they don't have the cotton mouth.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't be idiots.   The storm was forecasted.  Stay home.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can't use "cunt" that way since it is derogatory to all women.   Someone is going to kick your ass.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top