BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mark my words. It's only a matter of time until cash is completely eliminated...
View Quote
I wouldn't be shocked to see that before I die.

I feel the same way about socialized medicine. The government would derive an enormous amount of power and control from having a monopoly over the public's access to healthcare.

(Lost my page ownage due to an edit. Oh, well.)

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Then how would Uncle Sam give pallets of money to asshats across the globe?
View Quote

Touche.

But it was in Euros and Francs....
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cash is king, it's also a lot harder to trace.
View Quote

Even F'ing Iran knows this.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Kenneth Rogoff seems incapable of comprehending that the US dollar is a common store of wealth and means of exchange in much of the world, not just the U.S.

I just pulled 50 one hundred dollar bills from one small bank branch this weekend.

There must be shitloads in just this one country.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Many people want to give up all control to the government.  I truly can't understand it.  

View Quote

Cultural inculcation of passivity. See Sam Francis' book, Revolution from the Middle.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's horseshit.  They just don't want you to have control of your own money.

If your money is in a bank, the bank can take it and invest it and gamble your fortune.  I forgot the ratio of money on hand banks actually had to pay customers back, but it's real low, like 20% or less.
View Quote

Look at your bank statement. Your savings are making point nothing right now. With inflation you already ARE in a negative interest rate.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Deflate by 10x prices go up 10x

Equillibrium always wins.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it would be interesting if we could deflate our currency by 10x.

Then pocket change could buy you a decent meal again! It would be interesting if coins were worth more than just some left overs you throw in a jar until its full then go deposit at the bank.

Deflate by 10x prices go up 10x

Equillibrium always wins.

Hey but Hitlery says $15.00hr  and there will be no poor!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#8]
You want shot in the face? Cause this is how you get ........... who am I kidding, never mind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Then pocket change could buy you a decent meal again! It would be interesting if coins were worth more than just some left overs you throw in a jar until its full then go deposit at the bank.
View Quote

and everything imported would initially cost 10x as much.

Imagine....................

223 REM TULA 55 GRAIN FMJ (1000 ROUNDS)
Regular Price: $265.00 $2650.00
Special Price: $242.95 $2420.95
As low as: $240.95 $2400.95

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://dp8k5pf9le6li.cloudfront.net/product-images/small_image/220x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/4/f4366baa3ade07e4b43d8f12f77276d0.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://dp8k5pf9le6li.cloudfront.net/product-images/small_image/220x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/4/f4366baa3ade07e4b43d8f12f77276d0.jpg

No posting Cheaper than Dirt ads in GD.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cultural inculcation of passivity. See Sam Francis' book, Revolution from the Middle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many people want to give up all control to the government.  I truly can't understand it.  

I had to do a little research to get the gist of your reply.  

Is this about right?:

Our culture has brainwashed these people into believing that they should not, or can not, or don't even want to stand up for themselves in the face of elements of totalitarianism being implemented.  They accept that the "the government" knows what's best for them and will stand idly by as the State rules their lives.

In the past, I believed that totalitarianism would be something that would have to be forced on "the people".  I've come to realize that "the people" are begging for it.

eta: I read some reviews of the book you mentioned.  It sounds very relevant to 2016, despite being written 20 years ago.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep. Fuck that scumbag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cashless means the Fed Res can devalue your $$$ and you can't do sh*t about it.

Yep. Fuck that scumbag.

Doesn't have to be cashless to that......All they have to say is that $xx Fed Res Note is now defunct and void and no longer legal tender.

That's how we lost the $500 , the $1000 , the $5000 , and the $10,000  (the $100,000 gold certificate could only be used by banks)

You can thank Richard Nixon for that....1969 , as part of War on Organized Crime.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#13]
imagine 1.7 billion in 10s or 5s
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck this guy.

I have bought 3 cars for cash in 4 years.   Carrying around 15k or more in cash is a pain and assholes like him and the "it hurts money launderers" types are who killed off the 500 dollar bill.    So 15k+ in 20s?    Yeah...   goto hell.

Go to hell harvard douche bag.

Gaurantee this idiot has dim views of guns as well.   I am sick of civilized or sophisticated dimwits thinking they can control the behaviors of caveman by using big words and claiming they know what is best.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#15]
When banks hit negative interest rates, the Gubmint will go to a digital cash concept and outlaw actual cash. You will turn it all in for digital or lose it completely. At that point, the Gubmint will have total control of your money and you. No black market, no non-taxed garage sales, no selling your gun to some stranger, nothing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Kenneth Rogoff seems incapable of comprehending that the US dollar is a common store of wealth and means of exchange in much of the world, not just the U.S.

I just pulled 50 one hundred dollar bills from one small bank branch this weekend.

View Quote

I think he comprehends it (how could he not?).

He also bemoans it.  As, unquestionably, does most of the DNC.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Rogoff doesn't view totalitarianism as much of a threat.
View Quote

Of course not.  The little cocksucker thinks he'll be the one administering it.

If Trump actually does start putting people in camps, I have some suggestions...
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#18]
This is because cash is relatively not traceable. The gov wants to know what you are buying all the time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure it will never be used for evil.  Just remember that not long now and SS is going to cut benefits if nothing changes.  If cash is all digital it makes it much easier to control everyone.

I'm sure the IRS won't ever be used as a political attack dog.  I'm sure the FBI will always do it's due diligence against corrupt politicians.  I'm sure the US gov won't ever steal stock from American citizens due to a company being too big to fail.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps he's being lazy and insular. The reference to the ratio of bills to Americans, and the assertion this means they must therefore be being used for criminal enterprise seems to be the epitome of lazy and insular thinking.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#21]
A serious push to eliminate cash means it's that time.

There are no legitimate excuses for that action.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Eliminate cash just makes control easier; that's the number one reason. We can't have people pulling out their money if interest rates go negative.
View Quote

ding ding ding...
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wonder if he thinks folks need guns.
View Quote

If you don't carry cash, you can't get mugged so you don't need guns!  

Oh yeah, pretty sure the math works out on that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

[runs to check gold hoard, thinks needs to buy more]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can take that away from you too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a friend that believes that not only should there be no cash, but you should have to use a government issued and monitored "money card" for all transactions so that the government doesn't get "cheated out of their taxes".  

He also believes that prices should be controlled by the government across the board.  Also, doctors should be forced to treat all patients regardless of whether or not they can pay for it, or face arrest.

He strongly disagrees with my assessment that he is a communist.

View Quote

Read, "Escape From Freedom", by Erich Fromm (Psychoanalyst talks about people actually wanting totalitarianism... )
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Read, "Escape From Freedom", by Erich Fromm (Psychoanalyst talks about people actually wanting totalitarianism... )
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a friend that believes that not only should there be no cash, but you should have to use a government issued and monitored "money card" for all transactions so that the government doesn't get "cheated out of their taxes".  

He also believes that prices should be controlled by the government across the board.  Also, doctors should be forced to treat all patients regardless of whether or not they can pay for it, or face arrest.

Thanks. Will do.  It's hard to imagine that people are clamoring for their own enslavement rather than railing against it.  What have we become? We have squandered the freedom bestowed upon us.  Men died for this, yet we piss on it.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:35:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

While it may defy any particular persons logic, there are people out there who do not want what you want.  They are not starting with a similar set of personal desires.  Sometimes it is an individual sometimes it is a pretty large swath of a group and becomes a culture.

If various conditions such as their numbers, strength, commitment, intelligence and cohesion come together, you will lose. It is already happening.  Most factions in this country (to include you and I, or by proxy our parents and grandparents) have demanded the government give them something or take something away from someone else. When you want government to do something, you give government power. That snowball just gets bigger and we are all slow fucked until some kind of reset happens.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:38:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Oh boy, someone else to tell me what I need or don't need.
Get in line.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:39:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Will never happen because politicians love dirty money.

One of the few benefits of curruption.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#31]
An economist who wants to make trade more difficult and cumbersome.

k den.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Doesn't have to be cashless to that......All they have to say is that $xx Fed Res Note is now defunct and void and no longer legal tender.

That's how we lost the $500 , the $1000 , the $5000 , and the $10,000  (the $100,000 gold certificate could only be used by banks)

You can thank Richard Nixon for that....1969 , as part of War on Organized Crime.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Fuck that scumbag.

Large denomination bills are still legal tender and valid.  Banks or the US Treasury will exchange them for current notes at face value, although collectors will pay more.

Gold and silver certificates haven't been voided either.  They are still legal tender and can be exchanged at face value, but can't be redeemed for gold and silver coin.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Perhaps he's being lazy and insular. The reference to the ratio of bills to Americans, and the assertion this means they must therefore be being used for criminal enterprise seems to be the epitome of lazy and insular thinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think its lying by omission.  The fact is that one of the huge strengths for america is faith in, and use of, the dollar.  The globalists see all american strength as a negative.  as we are almost ready to elect hitler, er, trump.  that kind of power should only be in the hands of a "good" country, like germany.  a country without a history of imperialism, war mongering, and horrific treatment of religious minorities.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#34]
IMF economist is all you need to know about the douche. If he wants to rid the world of cash it's only so they can loot.

ETA: "A central bank issuing the currency is a greater menace to the liberty of the people than that of a standing army." -That "racist" Thomas Jefferson.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think its lying by omission.  The fact is that one of the huge strengths for america is faith in, and use of, the dollar.  The globalists see all american strength as a negative.  as we are almost ready to elect hitler, er, trump.  that kind of power should only be in the hands of a "good" country, like germany.  a country without a history of imperialism, war mongering, and horrific treatment of religious minorities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, you.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh, you jew.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, you jew.  

You really missed an opportunity there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm talking about if both money value and prices all change... basically move one decimal place to the left.

$1 would be worth what $10 was. If prices went UP after this, a $1 soda would effectively cost $10. Nobody would buy them.

It would never happen, but it would be neat to be able to buy things, actual useful things, for a nickel or a couple dimes, or like I mentioned, buy a decent meal on pocket change.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We all 3rd world now

"Forcing people to use smaller bills, Rogoff argues, might make crime more conspicuous and less convenient"

https://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/P1-BA632_ZIMDLR_DV_20110510183741.jpg

Really no joke our Liberals wont be happy until the west becomes a 3rd world shit hole. Sad thing is some of our conservatives will fall for it because 'though on crime'.  

View Quote

at the height of his empire Pablo Escobar spent $2000 a month on rubber bands...
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#39]
The only crime they give a shit about truly is hiding wealth from the government.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:41:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Would anyone happen to have his address?
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:59:42 AM EDT
[#41]
What the hell are they talking about, I used C notes all the time, try going to Costco and buying less than $100 in groceries.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top