BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The political divide is too wide now to have empathy, it seems.
View Quote

A necessary step to dehumanize an opponent prior to war.  The Left's strategy includes constant encroachment, compromising only results in more encroachment, pushing their opponent beyond their limit. We're there, why care?
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
feel bad for him, I like him, but he blew the hostage rescue attempt
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
That's how I picture Biden after Christmas dinner THIS YEAR.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Johnny Cash didn't last long after his wife, June died.
RIP Jimmy
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You sure that ain't Jerry Jones?

Also...Jimmy Carter may have not been a good president, but he is a good person.
View Quote
This does appear to be the case.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#6]
He's looking pretty well worn out.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Jesus, he looks like mason verger
View Quote

Or wheelchair-bound Captain Pike from Star Trek tos.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can't stand the man, but I've been at death's doorstep a few times and likely didn't look much better. May God grant him peace and end his suffering and reunite him with his wife.
View Quote

Absolutely #ZFG. That bastard stood us down in Jan, 1979 from intervening in Iran. Look at the # of our guys from the Marine barracks bombing to the last IED in AFG that were maimed or killed from shit made/inspired by Iran. That blood is on his hands. He's a globalist POS like Soros. I'll smoke a couple of cigars the night after he dies. Harsh? Yeah, but I've seen too many of our guys come back with parts gone or f'd up with PTSD. #karma
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Disagree with his politics, but he seems like a good man who was faithful to his wife and tried to help people.  Can't hate on that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Absolutely #ZFG. That bastard stood us down in Jan, 1979 from intervening in Iran. Look at the # of our guys from the Marine barracks bombing to the last IED in AFG that were maimed or killed from shit made/inspired by Iran. That blood is on his hands. He's a globalist POS like Soros. I'll smoke a couple of cigars the night after he dies. Harsh? Yeah, but I've seen too many of our guys come back with parts gone or f'd up with PTSD. #karma
View Quote

Ok, what was he supposed to do?  They had a bunch of hostages who would have been killed if he just went all "bomb Iran"

Maybe we shouldn't have overthrown their democratic government to put in a brutal dictator.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I always admired the Carter's marriage. May God bless President Carter and his friends and family mourning the loss of Mrs Carter
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#12]
It won't be long now for him.  I'd say weeks.  Old folks don't survive long without their long term spouses
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Fuck off Jimmy Carter.

It's because of him we got the fanatics in charge in Iran.

Jimmy Carter has the blood of many many innocent people on his hands.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Whatever.  Got no well wishes for him.  Die already.
View Quote

How unhappy of a person are you?
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
FJC

I don't suddenly feel sorry for a pos because he was lucky enough to grow old.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

7 years is a LONG time in old people terms.  Aging is not a linear process.  We'll see where Shatner is in 7 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And William Shatner is only seven years younger.  Crazy.

https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/IMG_3193.jpg?w=735

7 years is a LONG time in old people terms.  Aging is not a linear process.  We'll see where Shatner is in 7 years.
I read that Shatner rides horses every day, says it keeps him fit:

"I got my motivation to work out from acting. As an actor, you have to be able to run and jump and do a fake fight, which can be a lot of exercise in itself. And then you always want to show some muscle and abs and stuff like that. So I had to stay fit — and that required me to get up in the morning and do some exercise. Since my 20s, I’d be in a swimming pool and working out four, five times a week — swimming, running, doing resistance exercises with my lower and upper body.

Then about 40 years ago, I started doing an activity that I credit for helping to keep me fit deep into old age: riding horses.

Horseback riding? How does that keep you fit?
My business manager once said: “Don’t buy anything that eats while you sleep.” Thankfully, I ignored that advice. My wife, Elizabeth, and I have horses in Kentucky and in Moorpark. I’ll ride two, three hours every morning that I’m not working — two or three days a week. People don’t realize it, but you’re not just passively sitting there on a horse. Riding is a stretching and strengthening exercise. It requires balance, expertise, finesse and strength.

And it’s a serious fitness activity if you ride the way I ride: Competitively — in events, not just going for a stroll in the park."

And he's still working
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sad day for any man to lose his wife.

I was young when he was President, my Dad always said he was in over his head as President.
View Quote

I was young, too. I think that's a very good assessment. I've never heard a bad word about him besides his presidency. Going through that pain has to be the worst.

Folks need to think about it before they say "fuck that guy".
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The poor bastard is still probably sharper than biden
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Poor Jimmy looks like a fucking corpse... I feel a little bad for the poor bastard..
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Reading most of this entire thread, I am unfortunately not surprised by the amount of vitriol and pure hatred interspersed with the more compassionate comments and observations about former President Jimmy Carter.    Strongly disagreeing with a political philosophy or presidential action is certainly proper, but I can't help but feel sorry for those with such bitterness in their hearts that just waits for an opportunity to release itself toward a 90 plus year old man who spent his life serving his country and fellow man.

I do not agree with President Carter on probably anything and I support the right of everyone to express their opinion as they see fit, just somehow these attacks sadden me, as does knowing how sad this new widower must feel.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The poor bastard is still probably sharper than biden
View Quote

My dogs have taken shits that were sharper than fuckhead
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, old people years are like dog years.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fuck off Jimmy Carter.

It's because of him we got the fanatics in charge in Iran.

Jimmy Carter has the blood of many many innocent people on his hands.
View Quote

One post just to say this, the hatred must be eating your heart out.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
feel bad for him, I like him, but he blew the hostage rescue attempt
View Quote

Years ago he was asked what his biggest regret was, and he answered not sending another helicopter for Operation Eagle Claw.

He opined, probably correctly, that if he had done that, the had the hostages would have been rescued and he'd have won a second term because of it as well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#25]
You there, Ephialtes, may you live forever.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
God willing we'll all be that age at some point.  

God rest her soul and bless President Carter.  I don't think I ever agreed with that man on anything political, but he wasn't like the leftists of today by any stretch and is an honorable man.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Carter vs Ford was the first election that the under-21 age group got to vote for. The race was close but Carter had help from the likes of Willie Nelson, Charlie Daniels, and The Allman Brothers to bring in those new voters. The youth of the day was tired of anything that smacked of Nixon and the Republican party. That was a major reason I voted for him. I was 20 and it was my first presidential election. Throw out the Old Guard. Ah, the vanity of youth. The next four years dashed that on the rocks. The economy and his inaction in Iran cost him re-election.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Had the pleasure of fishing with President Carter and his wife several times. Politics aside, you’d be hard pressed to find more caring and god fearing human beings. They both cared for one another on a level most of us would be lucky to experience. I wish both of them and their families peace.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Can't stand the man, but I've been at death's doorstep a few times and likely didn't look much better. May God grant him peace and end his suffering and reunite him with his wife.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The political divide is too wide now to have empathy, it seems.
View Quote

Usually a trait of the left. Suprised by it coming from our side.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I did not think he would be there.
That’s kind of amazing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope I'm dead long before I get that old. It's gotta be hell waking up daily like that. What do you have to look forward to besides pudding and pills?
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've seen that look a few times with people who are at the end of their life. It's depressing.
View Quote

The wife worked hospice care for many years. She said she has seen that look often. They are on the fast decline. 99 years old is a good run. Married to the same lady for 77 of those years.

He may have been a shitty president.  But he did stand by her through her problems.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I didn't need to see that, OP. I can forgive you though. This simple photo, which some photojournalist took, most assuredly with others, for some reason, they chose this one of President Carter to post. It troubles me that if they had others that were less shocking than this one here, that they chose this one. If this was the only, the best some poor sop photographer/reporter could do, why in heck didn't the editor run the story without photos?
This is just disgusting, man.

President Carter served when political parties were different. Unlike our current CiC, despite his ineptness at global politics combined with having some pretty sorry "advisers", I knew without a doubt that President Carter had the best interests of the Country and the American People at heart. Yes he made mistakes and wasn't popular but this HARDLY justifies the press embarrassing him like this.

God Bless President Carter and Rosalynn.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And Rosalyn is mentally sharper.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jimmy still looks more alert than Joe Biden!

And Rosalyn is mentally sharper.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never heard that before. I'm going to think on that for a while.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:10:15 PM EDT
[#37]
He’s dead by years end. He had a good run and I wish him well
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Sad
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I feel he was a bad president no doubt but outside of office he was a great humanitarian and a good guy.

Guy was still building homes for others in his older age and not a photo op vs some presidents after him. Current jack ass Biden would pick up a stick thinking it’s a hammer.  

Maybe he’ll find his piece soon and be with his wife again.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I was born in 1983. I probably wouldn't have agreed much with carter's politics.

That said, this is just sad and it reminds me of my grandparents and the loss at the end of their lives.   Godspeed Mr & Mrs Carter.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#42]
He lived long enough not to be the worst president. He really looks rough. I guess federal employees will get a day off soon. Probably happen when I have scheduled leave.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
He’s dead by years end. He had a good run and I wish him well
View Quote

Years end sounds like best case scenario; he is looking quite bad.

He was a subpar POTUS, but he did his best work outside of politics. Go in peace old man.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#44]
R.I.P.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's 92
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
God willing we'll all be that age at some point.  

God rest her soul and bless President Carter.  I don't think I ever agreed with that man on anything political, but he wasn't like the leftists of today by any stretch and is an honorable man.  

View Quote

True. He did more for his country after he was president.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

True. He did more for his country after he was president.
View Quote

I watched an interview with him decades ago and even then he said he did more good building a single house with H4H than during his entire four years as president.

That is some serious introspection, humility (and possibly guilt) talking.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:53:20 AM EDT
[#48]
How were his ideas of peace through weakness and prosperity through bureaucracy any different than the left today?  It wasn't the insanity that the left is today, but it was the path to it.  The media that hated Reagan is the same media that tells nothing but lies today and will spin Carter into sainthood when the time comes.  Possibly he didn't hate America as the left does today, I was to young at the time to know.

Would he stand with America today or with the left?  The people who hate our country are not good people, I don't care how many houses they build.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:58:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Jesus, he looks like mason verger
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How were his ideas of peace through weakness and prosperity through bureaucracy any different than the left today?  It wasn't the insanity that the left is today, but it was the path to it.  The media that hated Reagan is the same media that tells nothing but lies today and will spin Carter into sainthood when the time comes.  Possibly he didn't hate America as the left does today, I was to young at the time to know.

Would he stand with America today or with the left?  The people who hate our country are not good people, I don't care how many houses they build.
View Quote

GD seems to be spinning him into sainthood, and attacking anyone who doesn't adore him. Sympathy for the devil. It's pretty interesting.

Yeah he did some charity work. Yes he was intelligent and committed to his wife.

He also called Trump an illegitimate president who stole an election  and 2 years said Trump was evil for saying the same thing.

Page / 5
Top Top