Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#1]
A guy at work was telling me about this earlier today
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya not much gets me this one did.

Wanna see old Pa coal mines check amazing  Pennsylvania Utube.

All local NEPA stuff, Wilkes Barre , Concrete city and other cool under ground stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder what it is in the human psyche that makes us so afraid of tight spaces. Heights, snakes, spiders I can understand. When in our evolution were we exposed to tight spaces? Did we live in caves that much?
View Quote
This is just a guess, but it could be the combination of being powerless and unable to escape the world smallest cage alongside the fear of suffocating slowly and dying alone..... usually in the dark.

edited...

The fight or flight instinct kicks in, but you can't do anything, which continues to ratchet up your fear far beyond panic.  I would also guess it might have something to do with (at least in many cultures) being dead = buried in the ground.  Horrifying stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah that's a big NO from me. When I was younger and skinnier I tried cave diving. Some of the holes and crevices were really tight. Between the silt stirring up and the pulling off of your gear to get through some of the places convinced me that I really didn't have what it took for that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am quite sure I had a panic attack when having an MRI done.

I am totally freaked out about ever having another done and am pretty sure I would need to be sedated.

This video, I simply cannot watch
View Quote
The noise of an mri is the only thing that set me off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
How dirty does a supermarket have to be that you can't smell a decomposing body?
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 6:40:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's parts of that video that I refuse to visually watch.  I've never been claustrophobic, but tight caving like that literally triggers me, like I can't for the life of me understand why someone would shimmy themselves through 9" passages that may not go anywhere.
View Quote

I’m curious what other way you would have to watch it, other than visually.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#9]
We do this quarterly. Sep is the end of the 3rd qtr so right on schedule.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's parts of that video that I refuse to visually watch.  I've never been claustrophobic, but tight caving like that literally triggers me, like I can't for the life of me understand why someone would shimmy themselves through 9" passages that may not go anywhere.
View Quote

Somewhere on a disc I have a photo of me going into an opening in Grand Caverns that will make your butt pucker. :)

Let me see if I can find it....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top