Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I normally cannot stand her.

I was pleasantly surprised by her performance.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Liberace Ghey
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Dupe.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the better National Anthem performances I've seen.
View Quote

I'm not terribly familiar with her earlier work (but have of course heard it on occasion as I have two teenaged daughters).  She certainly seems to have grown a great deal as a singer.  Look at her Oscar performance as an example.  Maybe her hanging with Tony Bennett has had a profound impact on her.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I normally cannot stand her.

I was pleasantly surprised by her performance.
View Quote

This. She actually has a really good voice.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#6]
She did very well. She is an attractive gal without the makeup and natural hair color.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
She actually is extremely talented...just because she is flamboyant, and some may consider her weird and all, doesn't mean she isn't a damned good singer and musician.

She actually writes a lot of her own stuff...

She was on Howard Stern once, and she was honest, and interesting, and she did a few songs just playing the piano (herself) and she has a phenomenal voice.

I think she did a great job....

And I'd still like to poke her face....
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wow, dramatic much?

The anthem is a shitty song and it takes talent for it to sound ok. She did a great job and is very talented.

God bless America should be the anthem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It sucked.

The National Anthem should NEVER have creative flourish to it. Too many have given their last full measure of devotion to have one of the greatest symbols of our country modified in any manner.

Wow, dramatic much?

The anthem is a shitty song and it takes talent for it to sound ok. She did a great job and is very talented.

Not to mention the tune is an old English drinking song....
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I was so aggravated by Cam Newton's little dance during the song, that I wasn't paying much attention.

Every other player had their hands over their heart and showed respect. Why couldn't he?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It sucked.

The National Anthem should NEVER have creative flourish to it. Too many have given their last full measure of devotion to have one of the greatest symbols of our country modified in any manner.

Wow, dramatic much?

I have an English friend from Southampton that likes to remind me of this  as often as occasion provides opportunity. LOL
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was that Jennifer 8 signing?

View Quote

No. Thurman was Jennifer 8. Gaga did an awesome job.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this another tranny thread??
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
She impressed a crabby old man. I liked it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

She impressed a crabby old man. I liked it.
View Quote

Me too, she sounded like she really meant it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#18]
She did great.

Say what you will about the persona she has adapted, but she's one hell of a singer and artist.  

I appreciated that she didn't do any stupid shit.  Just sang the song to the best of her (awesome) capability.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Gaga is known for looking and doing things to push the envelope, but chose a respectful costume, sang in a classical voice, and added minimal flourish.
I think she did great, especially in an age where singers try to go apeshit with it.

Now, if she REALLY wanted to make her mark... sing it and verify it as live and not pre-recorded.  Do it well, and you can knock Whitney Houston off her pedestal... as she was lip synching.

View Quote
I could hear wind noise in Gaga's mic.  Pretty sure that was live.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#22]
A blonde woman with cleavage singing her guts out next to the service flags and a huge American flag with millions of drunk people watching with fighter jets flying in tight formation overhead and fireworks ( fireworks happened?) before Super Bowl 50 is exactly what America needed last night.

The national anthem and the way the game went made for a pretty fucking awesome one!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#23]
"I have to live up to a song that stands the test of time.... No matter what you go through, the same as our country, that metaphor of ‘but the flag was still there’ is so powerful for me every time. I’m really singing it from the heart and I’m also singing it very true to the way it was written, because that’s when I think it sounds its most majestic. There’s no greater honor than standing next to the Color Guard, the Flag, the Army and the Military and singing the National Anthem.” - Lady Gaga

You go, girl!!  ...and to the haters, suck it. She has the heart of a patriot.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too opera-like for me but not bad........I think people consider Whitney Houston's the gold standard
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lCmBvYMRs

While this is a good version I believe she lip synced to a a version she recorded for the event.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Mostly good. Hammed it up a little toward the end.

I would have preferred that she just did it straight.

View Quote

One of the songs you DO NOT "make your own".
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Works for me.

Also, that's the prettiest I've ever seen her.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#28]
She did much better than I expected.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It sucked.

View Quote

I understand your point, and I agree.  However, OTOH, our national anthem started out as a drinking song in taverns.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top