Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have you ever been to a hospital in the USA?
View Quote
Not during a city/regional quarantine.

You'd be insane to go to a hospital when your city has been quarantined and you see people dying around you unless you knew you were sick.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That was wild.

Daily Mail is crazier that WWHH.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Videos of Chinese hospitals crammed with patients -

Shocking footage shows hospital in China flooded with hundreds of patients amid deadly coronavirus outbreak as leading expert warns the situation 'is already uncontrollable'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7921709/Shocking-footage-shows-hospital-China-flooded-hundreds-patients-amid-coronavirus-outbreak.html
That was wild.

Daily Mail is crazier that WWHH.
Jeez, wild and not very encouraging...

Dr Guan Yi, whose team was among the first to identify the SARS virus 17 years ago, shared the concerns.

He confessed to Chinese media that the situation in Wuhan - where the virus originated - 'is already uncontrollable'.

He feared that the new virus could lead to an outbreak at least 10 times worse than the SARS pandemic, which killed 775 people and infected more than 8,000 worldwide.

'I have experienced so much and never felt scared. Most [viruses] are controllable, but this time I am scared,' Dr Guan told Chinese outlet Caixin.

The expert, who was in Wuhan this week, claimed he had to 'escape' from the city yesterday after noticing the 'jaw-droppingly' lack of preventative measures enforced by the local authorities.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Have you ever been to a hospital in the USA?
View Quote
Frequently. I used to drive hypochondriacs and attention seekers there for a living.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Glad i live isolated on top of a mountain,shits gets real i am not going near another human until everyone is dead or its gone
View Quote
Yep. You fuckers that live on top of each other in the big cities can enjoy swapping the captain tripps with each other until you cough your intestines up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Endangered species delicacies in Woohan market...

https://blog.dwnews.com/post-1306506.html
View Quote
The Chinese are disgusting, they will eat anything apparently
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#6]
NJ patient being evaluated for deadly China virus

A patient at Hackensack University Medical Center was being evaluated Thursday night for possible infection with the coronavirus that originated in central China and has caused worldwide concern of a possible epidemic.

The patient, a 25-year-old woman, was transported to the hospital on Thursday evening by the Edgewater Emergency Medical Services, according to EMS sources.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Farther down the article.  Looks like the CDCs rapid test could help with preventing a large scale threat here.

The Chinese government has shared the genetic profile of the virus with world health officials, and the CDC has developed a rapid test for it. Samples from respiratory swabs of patients who met the criteria would be sent to the CDC in Atlanta to confirm whether or not they had the new virus.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Patients In Alameda County Being Tested For Deadly New Coronavirus

OAKLAND (CBS SF)  A number of patients in Alameda County are being tested to see whether they have contracted the Wuhan coronavirus, according to health officials.

A spokeswoman for the Alameda County Health Department stressed Thursday that there is no confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus that has led to epidemic fears and quarantines in China, as well as increased screening at San Francisco International and other airports.

Spokeswoman Neetu Balram said "under 10 people" were tested for the virus and an undisclosed number have come back as negative. The patients had either been in Wuhan and showed flu-like symptoms or they had been in close contact with someone who had the virus.

The patients samples have been shipped to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta and the for the remaining patients were expected back in a couple of days, said Balram.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]
So it’s got what, 2% fatality rate? Big fucking whoop.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So it’s got what, 2% fatality rate? Big fucking whoop.
View Quote
The concern is that nobody really knows.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#11]
China coronavirus: Wuhan medical staff being infected at much faster pace than reported as national death toll hits 25

•Fifteen cases of the coronavirus have been officially reported among medical staff in the city, but doctors say the true number is far higher
•One says that ‘even now we don’t have enough protective gear’ but hospital workers have ‘no option’ but to carry on.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3047441/wuhan-medical-staff-being-infected-virus-much-faster-pace?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=article

Probably not wise to read much into the 'official' death toll.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Farther down the article.  Looks like the CDCs rapid test could help with preventing a large scale threat here.

The Chinese government has shared the genetic profile of the virus with world health officials, and the CDC has developed a rapid test for it. Samples from respiratory swabs of patients who met the criteria would be sent to the CDC in Atlanta to confirm whether or not they had the new virus.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm not sure the rapid test will help prevent the spread, but it damn sure will help track it faster and provide better intel.

Right now every person who has been to Wuhan, a city bigger than Los Angeles, in the past month and has any symptoms is automatically being treated as a suspected potential case. Most of these people are likely not infected with nCoV, but until we can confirm that even the suspicion of another new case increases tension and panic.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Shit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So it's got what, 2% fatality rate? Big fucking whoop.
View Quote
The biggest concern is that they have 7 cities under quarantine with a population of over 23 million total.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not sure the rapid test will help prevent the spread, but it damn sure will help track it faster and provide better intel.

Right now every person who has been to Wuhan, a city bigger than Los Angeles, in the past month and has any symptoms is automatically being treated as a suspected potential case. Most of these people are likely not infected with nCoV, but until we can confirm that even the suspicion of another new case increases tension and panic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is China also dealing with the seasonal flu right now (I suspect they are).
With flu + Wuhan coronavirus spooling at the same time and the public in a panic, I wonder how many of the people at hospitals have (or at least had) just the flu but with the public near panic levels they decide to go to the ER.
Flipside is I wonder how many people died at home that they haven't discovered yet?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
The problem is the...

" has any symptoms "

Part.

Once they show symptoms it's anyone's guess how many they have infected.

The ~week long incubation period makes this virus so dangerous [as well as the ease of infection] vs. other pandemics ---except the Spanish Flu.

And we won't know about that for over a month.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The problem is the...

" has any symptoms "

Part.

The ~week long incubation period makes this virus so dangerous [as well as the ease of infection] vs. other pandemics ---except the Spanish Flu.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is the...

" has any symptoms "

Part.

I suspect we will have a pretty good idea of what we are in for in a couple of days, the exponential growth will probably be very telling one way or the other.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The biggest concern is that they have 7 cities under quarantine with a population of over 23 million total.
View Quote
Prior to putting the quarantine into effect, med personnel are reporting a large % of the population, who were leaving the cities for New Years travel, had already left.

Ominous scenario, since any infected folks leaving and not showing symptoms, are now in the country, etc., and infecting others.

Worst case. Horrible.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I suspect we will have a pretty good idea of what we are in for in a couple of days, the exponential growth will probably be very telling one way or the other.
View Quote
Of course, it will become much clearer to the 'thinking' folks. Within the week.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
China coronavirus: Wuhan medical staff being infected at much faster pace than reported as national death toll hits 25

•Fifteen cases of the coronavirus have been officially reported among medical staff in the city, but doctors say the true number is far higher
•One says that ‘even now we don’t have enough protective gear’ but hospital workers have ‘no option’ but to carry on.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3047441/wuhan-medical-staff-being-infected-virus-much-faster-pace?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=article

Probably not wise to read much into the 'official' death toll.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Of course, it will become much clearer to the 'thinking' folks. Within the week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My concern for the near future is how much of the 'exponential growth' is the loss of obfuscation and narrative control by the CPC as we start to see more 'real' numbers.
It's not going to help much in evaluating the virulence and propagation of the virus without real numbers.
There have been too many reports of inadequate, untimely tests in China and deaths that may have been ignored in the 'official' numbers.
It may be some time before we really understand whether it's a big nothing or a potential threat given the inherent stonewalling of information out of China.

The one thing that is most concerning is the unprecedented actions to seal off such large population centers. Actions often speak louder than words.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:36:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm seriously hoping we don't see a spread here. I'm the only hazardous-environment guy in my unit, and that means I'll get stuck with having to work with the coroner's office if it goes south.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Meh.

When we start talking about 75 million people, then I'll get concerned.  7.5k doesn't even worry me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Can’t we shut down travel other than slow boats from China?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#25]
excavator army video in link
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#26]
This one is a non issue as she tested negative.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This one is a non issue as she tested negative.
View Quote
Can you indicate where you saw that outcome?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Possible case in Memphis,Tn school Tennessee tech. Student traveled and is showing signs and is under quarantine.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:09:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Can you indicate where you saw that outcome?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looks staged.

I’m curious about what the frack is going on in this though.

Wtf kind of magic fish hole is this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Looks staged.

I’m curious about what the frack is going on in this though.

Wtf kind of magic fish hole is this?
Whatever it is, there's some sort of carp that love counterfeit Colgate toothpaste in it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:16:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This legitimately scares the shit out of me. I worry for my daughter.
View Quote
Why?

Swine Flu, Bird Flu, SARs.............all lots of hype over nothing. This will be the same.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:21:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Joshua Crompton
?
Verified account

@PhillyNewsGuy
19m
19 minutes ago

More
#BREAKING Hackensack Med Center
“AFTER AN EVALUATION OF THE PATIENT AND CONSULTING WITH THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, EXPERTS HAVE DETERMINED THE PATIENT DOES NOT HAVE THE WUHAN #CORONAVIRUS. DUE TO PATIENT PRIVACY, WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.” @CBSPhilly
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or mass holes in the ground????

[poor humor]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

[poor humor]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[poor humor]
Six days....you know it will be quality build like most Chinese buildings....
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Just remember all our STEM schools have been flooded with Chinese for decades.

If we were smart, and the WHO/CDC SJW's weren't calling the shots, the planet would slam travel shut until it burns itself out. But with Democrats and UN and EU nimrods everywhere, they'll keep travel wide open, because anything else would be racist or some other irrelevant reason.

This may not be the planet cleanser, but it's just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:41:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
click link for video

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99571/714977EA-6C79-47B9-975B-15726B8CB700-1246581.jpg
If he happens to get a nosebleed, he's good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:41:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Possible case in Memphis,Tn school Tennessee tech. Student traveled and is showing signs and is under quarantine.
View Quote
TN Tech isn't a Memphis school
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:45:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Just another reason why I've been saying for years now that we must put an end to this bullshit Student Visa program.

These shithole dwelling Chinese nationals come over and steel our tech, get taught by our schools, and ultimately bring over their shithole viruses with them.

This just shows how open we are in regards to China.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:19:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:20:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:29:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Chinese are disgusting, they will eat anything apparently
View Quote
That has been the case for 5,000 years. You guys don’t think you’re really eating real
Chinese food at Panda Express or PF Chang’s?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This is what happens when you don't quarantine.

Most cops didn't know it, but the Director of Public Health has one awesome power cops don't have: quarantine.  Close the bridges, roads, subway and airport.
View Quote
The sheriff can order roads to be closed, but the business community flips out due to lost productivity every time he does.
I would imagine that the DPH would face the same pushback if they shut down the transportation grid
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:32:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You are an omen of bad things to come.
View Quote
Hardly
Try harder
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That has been the case for 5,000 years. You guys don’t think you’re really eating real
Chinese food at Panda Express or PF Chang’s?
View Quote
Don't forget Chipotle. People get sick there constantly. Millennials even ask for some green stuff, "guano" I think they call it and pay extra for the ominous looking glop.

"Let's show the old folks how trendy and appreciative of 3rd world cuisine we are, we'll mix bloody bat brains in with the guano!"

Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:51:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No evidence yet...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No evidence yet...
You believe them?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you are dismissing this issue, you may be in for a shock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The normal flu kills 10s of thousands in the US every year.
If you are dismissing this issue, you may be in for a shock.
You forget, lots of bad asses here on arfcom, so hard ass they tend to be over sure of themselves and their surroundings.

Sad really.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You believe them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No evidence yet...
You believe them?
That doesn't seem possible with what we know currently
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top