Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/7/2024 9:17:52 PM EDT
My 10 yr old jumper pack gave up about a year ago.
Seems it no longer will take a charge.
Looking to replace it with a quality unit.
Biggest vehicle it will be used on is a work van.
What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Jnc 660 for me, but I jump equipment sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry

or

Gooloo lithium
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Noco GB70. I've started a stone dead ambulance with it at work. It's gotten me out of a bind many times. Holds a charge well, and charges fast. We use some of the bigger models at the firehouse and have had great luck with them for years.

ETA: Check out the Project Farm guy's video he did of different jump packs. Great break down of the options.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Have Noco’s in all my vehicles and boat. Top the charge off every 6 months.

ETA: if you do go with that brand, it’d be worth checking Amazon price history on camel^3, they go on sale routinely.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had the Noco gb70 for a few years,  works great. Started a diesel tractor with it yesterday.  I have a 40 as well for smaller stuff, golf carts etc.
While it has never let me down I would not mind a bigger one someday.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
They seem to be the same company that make the one I have. The booster pac 2500

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Have Noco's in all my vehicles and boat. Top the charge off every 6 months.

ETA: if you do go with that brand, it'd be worth checking Amazon price history on camel^3, they go on sale routinely.
View Quote
Are you referring to the jnc going on sale?
I like the more compact design of the noco
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Jump packs like the JNC are lead acid batteries and the gooloo/noco/antigravity xp-10 are lithium. I don't know if the battery chemistry would play into your decision, but there it is.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
The answer is always Noco.  Just pick the amperage you want.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#11]
My only experience is with Noco, but they have been fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly.  If you need to jump a Peterbilt.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Half dozen Nocos in my extended family.  They all work well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can likely replace the battery out on that one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Okay, you want a realistic Tier One and not the one I posted above?

This is a smoking fucking deal.  Cheaper than your NOCO GB70:

Attachment Attached File

And it's not huge.

Attachment Attached File

Edit:  I put my money where my mouth is:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#16]
NOCO is GD’s jumper of choice.  It’s a good one, but there are other good choices too.

Project Farm has some great videos.  Find the newest one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#17]
My Noco started my old Ford that had a 10 year-old battery that had been dead flat for several years.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
NOCO is GD’s jumper of choice.  It’s a good one, but there are other good choices too.

Project Farm has some great videos.  Find the newest one.
View Quote

Where GooLoo may be the champion.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Gooloos have several……never let me down
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

First post get is right.  I think this is the first time in a jump pack thread too.

Replace your battery if you can. Or as the first post said.  Get this.

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm a Gooloo guy.  Get the 4000 without the digital screen.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Half dozen Nocos in my extended family.  They all work well.
View Quote
This. Including my boat.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slowly figuring this out. I never really bothered to look to what made them work and how the packs differed.
I saw the jnc comes with an after warranty expires coupon that is a one time use flat rate of $75 to fix or replace.
Now it makes sense as it's most likely just a battery swap.
Im going to look into replacing the battery in my current pack and keeping that in my work truck.
And getting gooloo or noco for my wife's vehicle
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#24]
My Halo has worked well.

Jumped my nissan hardbody, jumped a dodge caliber, a flat dead tundra, etc. It did fail on the 7.3L IDI ford van but that turned out to be a seized starter.

Charges my phone and PS4 controllers on a gaming day too! I use it to inflate my tires too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:42:56 PM EDT
[#25]
This is the way

https://a.co/d/6YhrOiS
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is the way

View Quote
Im leaning towards this for my wife's vehicle.
How are you recharging yours?
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#27]
My wife and I keep Schumacher DSR jumpers in our cars.  Check them every few months and keep them topped off.  Last time I used mine it was only at 70% capacity, still worked to jump a coworkers car, but poor form.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, after 12 years I just replaced the battery and good to go.  OP Might look if replacing the battery is an option.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a JNC950, I'm happy with it but looking to get a smaller one. The 950 weighs a ton.

Anyone have the JNCAIR? I like the idea of having an onboard compressor, plus the longer cables.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:37:32 AM EDT
[#31]
I’m seeing a lot of people pimping Hulkman, including one of the techs at a Ford dealership across the fence that people think highly of.

Just ordered the Gooloo linked in the threat. $109 ain't bad.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is the way

View Quote
I grabbed this one.
Thanks

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This, after 12 years I just replaced the battery and good to go.  OP Might look if replacing the battery is an option.
View Quote
Going to open it up tomorrow.
Looks like replacement batteries can be had for around $40.
I'll continue to keep that one in my work truck
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I grabbed this one.
Thanks

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the way

I grabbed this one.
Thanks

Good choice. I bought a Gooloo last year and have used it several times now without issue.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 4:13:40 AM EDT
[#35]
If it’s a lead acid pack you had that stopped working, do you still have it? Last year I replaced the internal battery for $45 on a Duracell HD600 inverter/ jumper I bought in 2010 or so and it was easy to do

As it turns out I had to use it a few times this week when the 5 year old battery in my truck died until I was able to replace it.

Let me know if you want me to dig up the info on the manufacturer, it was way cheaper buying the replacement direct than it was on Amazon

ETA it was Chrome Battery. Send them an email asking which replacement cell you need [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Im leaning towards this for my wife's vehicle.
How are you recharging yours?
View Quote

@rgb03

I am using these:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NJL3PQ5

I intentionally went with 65 watt as to be "nice" to the battery pack.  It can take 100W, but there is no need to charge it that hard.

I own several of those packs.  Bought one for my dad, one for the guy I work with.
I have one in each vehicle.  One at work.  
I have one for a go-pro and one for each of two video cameras used to record my daughter's softball games.

No problems with any of them.

I have a calendar reminder on my phone to top off their charge every 3 months, but I could easily stretch that out to 6 months.
You can't say that for NOCO products.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 3:24:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@rgb03

I intentionally went with 65 watt as to be "nice" to the battery pack.  It can take 100W, but there is no need to charge it that hard.

I own several of those packs.  Bought one for my dad, one for the guy I work with.
I have one for a go-pro and one for each of two video cameras used to record my daughter's softball games.

I have a calendar reminder on my phone to top off their charge every 3 months, but I could easily stretch that out to 6 months.

View Quote

I have a NOCO and and Audew lithium pack.   I check each one every 6-9 months.  They always have at least 80% charge when checked.

The two main advantage lithiums have over lead are the size/weight and the slower discharge rate over time.  My old lead jumpers would be dead in 9 months.

I think the lead ones work better in extreme cold IIRC, but using the lithiums will warm them up, and then they start working.  So you may have to crank a few times with the lithiums, but then they warm up and start working well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#38]
NOCO
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@rgb03

View Quote
Thank you.
I appreciate the help.
I asked before checking. Looks like any usb c charger will work.
Im assuming it just effects how long it takes to charge.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#41]
a set of cables and another car. anything light enough to carry either wont have the balls, or will burn your house down. anything that wont, will be to heavy to use. cables never die, never burn your house down. there is always another car around. and cables arent dead when you most need them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
a set of cables and another car. anything light enough to carry either wont have the balls, or will burn your house down. anything that wont, will be to heavy to use. cables never die, never burn your house down. there is always another car around. and cables arent dead when you most need them.
View Quote

I'm not saying it's not a good idea to have jumper cables, I have them in each vehicle. But you're incorrect otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Are you referring to the jnc going on sale?
I like the more compact design of the noco
View Quote

No, I was referring to the noco going on sale.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have a JNC950, I'm happy with it but looking to get a smaller one. The 950 weighs a ton.

Anyone have the JNCAIR? I like the idea of having an onboard compressor, plus the longer cables.
View Quote

I have the jnc660 and viair 85p. They work great.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No, I was referring to the noco going on sale.
View Quote
I opened that site and had no clue what I was looking at

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm not saying it's not a good idea to have jumper cables, I have them in each vehicle. But you're incorrect otherwise.
View Quote
we can agree that we both wrong I guess. cause I'm not. you never leave lipo batteries fully charged. and a half charged battery wont be great at starting a car. you can be lucky and not have a fire. lots of people can be lucky. just like lots of O-lights haven't exploded. doesn't mean it cant happen.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
we can agree that we both wrong I guess. cause I'm not. you never leave lipo batteries fully charged. and a half charged battery wont be great at starting a car. you can be lucky and not have a fire. lots of people can be lucky. just like lots of O-lights haven't exploded. doesn't mean it cant happen.
View Quote

Actually I was more focused on the other part of your argument, that if it's not the type to set your house on fire it's either too heavy to use or won't do the job.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:01:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do keep a set of cables in my truck along with my jump starter, just for redundancy, but I have to disagree with everything you said, otherwise.

If there is always another car around for you, that’s great, but that’s nowhere near reality for me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It really sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.  I mean, so many things can burn your house down, but this is the hill to die on?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I’m seeing a lot of people pimping Hulkman, including one of the techs at a Ford dealership across the fence that people think highly of.

Just ordered the Gooloo linked in the threat. $109 ain't bad.
View Quote

It won’t jump a completely dead battery

Edit: NOCO and some others have an override button that allows you to, and I have had to use that feature before
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top