BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tom's autopsy report shows the singer was on several pain meds, including Fentanyl patches, oxycodone, temazepam, alprazolam, citalopram, acetylfentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl.  The reason doctors prescribed the meds was because of a number of medical problems, including emphysema, knee problems and a fractured hip.

Opiates strike again
View Quote
Jesus, the guy was a walking drug store...taking that much crap, his death wasn't accidental, it was, when he died of an overdose.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Let's all light a candle under a spoon to memorialize him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It's hard to feel bad for a junkie.  At least he was rich enough to not need to steal from loved ones to support his addiction.  Shame all around, he made some good music.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
well like i already posted, sounds like a misuse of legal prescription drugs. if you are implying street drugs, in todays world aint nobody got the details worked and and it aint happening. as long as dealers get fentanyl and carfentanyl and add that crap to everything including fake vicodin, percoset, powder (heroin) and even cocaine, you buy powder of pills off the street you are playing russian roulette. down here in ga they had 3 farily well off folks kick off one weekend each at home when they snorted what they thought was coke, but it was either coke cut with fentanyl or fentanyl doctored to look like coke. then there are the folks getting what they think are vicodin tabs and its fake with fentanyl and they are drt.

and i dont see how this shit is gonna stop. carfentanyl is so potent you could probably smuggle enough in a thousand ways to make money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was 66. You'd think from decades of indulgences he'd have had the details worked out.
well like i already posted, sounds like a misuse of legal prescription drugs. if you are implying street drugs, in todays world aint nobody got the details worked and and it aint happening. as long as dealers get fentanyl and carfentanyl and add that crap to everything including fake vicodin, percoset, powder (heroin) and even cocaine, you buy powder of pills off the street you are playing russian roulette. down here in ga they had 3 farily well off folks kick off one weekend each at home when they snorted what they thought was coke, but it was either coke cut with fentanyl or fentanyl doctored to look like coke. then there are the folks getting what they think are vicodin tabs and its fake with fentanyl and they are drt.

and i dont see how this shit is gonna stop. carfentanyl is so potent you could probably smuggle enough in a thousand ways to make money.
Nope. not what I was implying. A goodly amount of the rich and famous do it 'legally'.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
See OP? Was it really that hard?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Story
See OP? Was it really that hard?

From my phone?  Yeah it’s kind of difficult.  I haven’t figured out how to link from my phone.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're incorrect. People are sometimes prescribed breakthrough meds while on a fentanyl patch. Morphine pills, Vicodin ect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What constitutes a "Massive" accidentally drug OD?
Hmmmm!  I never got the “accidental” part of an overdose figured out.
Accidental prescription opioid overdoses usually occur with people who have a ton of prescriptions and a whole lot of pain.

They get a fentanyl patch that is a long term timed release drug.  As the term gets toward the end of a release cycle, the patient starts to feel pain.  They have a bunch of pain relievers, heavy duty stuff, so they take a prescribed dose.

You are never supposed to mix any other opioid and fentanyl.

So now they have a heavy load  of other opioids on board and their fentanyl patch dumps a dose.

Goodnight Gracie.
You're incorrect. People are sometimes prescribed breakthrough meds while on a fentanyl patch. Morphine pills, Vicodin ect.
@swampgrass

Yep I fixed it.  It should have been more along the lines of, “Only under heavily monitored care should other opioids and fentanyl be combined.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:33:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who gives a a shit.
View Quote
People that admire his talent, and despite his medical issues he got up and went to work.
Mommy, I stubbed my toe, will you kiss my boo boo and tell my boss I can't work today.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top