Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm scheduled for rotator cuff surgery on Dec 6th. Been a problem a LOT of years but got worse a year ago.

Still not sure I'm going through with it. Lived with it this long...
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm scheduled for rotator cuff surgery on Dec 6th. Been a problem a LOT of years but got worse a year ago.

Still not sure I'm going through with it. Lived with it this long...
View Quote
I know three guys who have had it and it is worth it they all have said.

In fact they all say it was "REALLY WORTH IT!!".

Pain in the ass recovery period apparently but nothing you won't be able to handle from what they have explained to me.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Pain in the ass recovery period apparently but nothing you won't be able to handle from what they have explained to me.
View Quote
I've known people that have had it go great & some that have it done 2-3 times & it's still no good.

The pain part doesn't bother me. I honestly don't think I feel pain in the same way most do. I'm used to it. What I don't want is to be laid up as long as the recuperation period is & then, even afterwards, maybe not much better off...
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've known people that have had it go great & some that have it done 2-3 times & it's still no good.

The pain part doesn't bother me. I honestly don't think I feel pain in the same way most do. I'm used to it. What I don't want is to be laid up as long as the recuperation period is & then, even afterwards, maybe not much better off...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FWIW, if it was me I would do it........how big is the tear(s)?
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Get off that shit now.

You shouldn't have even taken the entire first Rx.

Dont come back with how much pain you're in.  Ive had over 20 broken bones, at times multiple at once.   I've taken 2 percs in my entire life.  Both after a spinal fracture.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FWIW, if it was me I would do it........how big is the tear(s)?
View Quote
'Big' is what I was told. Some of torn clear loose & beginning to atrophy. Also arthritis & spurs. Sounds like popcorn popping when I move it. I've had people ask me what that noise was when I move it.

A year ago, when I got done with fall harvest I literally could not move it. One morning I got up & my whole upper arm was black. Like a huge bruise. Was going to have an MRI but because my health deductible is so high I was basically going to be paying out of pocket, so I didn't. It gradually faded & had about went away but in Jan it did it again. Then I had the MRI done & it showed the accumulated damage. By all that time I decided I was too close to spring to get anything done then.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had both of my knees replaced and they gave me oxi's. I quickly realized they didn't reduce pain, just give a fucks.
My wife had shoulder surgery, she only got one refill. I'll let my shoulder pain ride for awhile,
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top