BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
they tried to trap Christ in the minutia of Levitical law and he reprimanded them in no uncertain terms for it.
View Quote
You are confusing actual Levitical law with the 'traditions of the elders' i.e. Phariseeism, or you've been lied to.
Study more.
Bye.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So, in context of the argument here, I guess you believe Jesus would look at that tattoo and say "Yep. That seems like a great way to spend your money and bring more people to God. I'd have done the same thing if I had access to a quality tattoo artist."
View Quote
Yes, I do. But you can't wrap your head around that idea because you can't escape your own cultural conditioning, and that's fine. I have a hard time escaping mine too.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes, I do. But you can't wrap your head around that idea because you can't escape your own cultural conditioning, and that's fine. I have a hard time escaping mine too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, in context of the argument here, I guess you believe Jesus would look at that tattoo and say "Yep. That seems like a great way to spend your money and bring more people to God. I'd have done the same thing if I had access to a quality tattoo artist."
Hmmm. Nowhere in Jesus' teachings am I led to believe that tattoos of crusaders would help deliver believers to Christ. Nor am I led to believe that Jesus himself would get a tattoo of a crusader.

I guess I'm just not a warrior for Christ.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmmm. Nowhere in Jesus' teachings am I led to believe that tattoos of crusaders would help deliver believers to Christ. Nor am I led to believe that Jesus himself would get a tattoo of a crusader.

View Quote
There's a lot of things Jesus didn't teach on. No admonitions to eat vanilla ice cream as opposed to chocolate, nor recommendations on the best calculus textbook. Looks like we just have to use the divine illumination of reason to figure some things out for ourselves
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's a lot of things Jesus didn't do. He probably didn't study calculus, drive cars, or drink soda. I guess we just have use the divine illumination of rationality to form some conclusions based on the data we have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a lot of things Jesus didn't do. He probably didn't study calculus, drive cars, or drink soda. I guess we just have use the divine illumination of rationality to form some conclusions based on the data we have.
I love GD.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Aht-khezth al Beerat means Take the Beer.

fii al Arabyya. Wtf does this have to do with this thread?

khl Memz bra. Was luft's?
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, if you're going to make a mistake, might as well go big, right?

I guess you're OK with doing something that reduces your overall employability.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What do you guys think of something like this? Planning putting something like this on my forearm. Not this one specifically but something similar.

https://www.israel21c.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/IMG_1555.jpg

I'm not an inkie, not because I'm against it but because I've never had anything meaningful enough to have permanently put on my body.

These tattoos are done in Jerusalem by a tattoo shop that has been open for literally hundreds of years. The wooden object next to them has been used to tattoo pilgrims to the Holy Land in that time period. It seems pretty cool to get the same tattoo that people hundreds of years ago did.
View Quote
Why?
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That sounds like a good idea. That said, working for some narrow minded, self righteous prick was never really a opportunity I wanted. It's worked out really well for me.
View Quote
Narrow-minded self-righteous pricks pay with the same dollars as people with bad judgement and poor impulse control.

You no longer have a choice between them.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Narrow-minded self-righteous pricks pay with the same dollars as people with bad judgement and poor impulse control.

You no longer have a choice between them.
View Quote
Can you back that up with stats on the amounts? #fakenews

Just because it’s an opportunity you want, you know, to maybe brown nose the said prick, tug him a little (not judging, you do you), doesn’t mean it’s an opportunity I want. That’s all yours. You go girl.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can you back that up with stats on the amounts? #fakenews

Just because it's an opportunity you want, you know, to maybe brown nose the said prick, tug him a little (not judging, you do you), doesn't mean it's an opportunity I want. That's all yours. You go girl.
View Quote
I wish I were as big a badass as you, but I guess I'll just have to settle for the life I've had so far.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Why do people deface their bodies like this?  I  am seeing hordes of inkies near me...even women.  Is there something in the water?
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wish I were as big a badass as you, but I guess I'll just have to settle for the life I've had so far.
View Quote
You said it, not me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why do people deface their bodies like this?  I  am seeing hordes of inkies near me...even women.  Is there something in the water?
View Quote
I’m going to go out on a limb here.... a long limb.... and say that it’s because they want to. It’s a crazy hypothesis.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#15]
“You people”
I like it OP. I wanted the shield on my inner arm.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's symbolism, fighting the unseen forces of evil in this world
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aren't you that "soldier in Christ's army" dude? You bailed on that thread and never answered my questions. Please elaborate on your duties as a holy mercenary.
It's symbolism, fighting the unseen forces of evil in this world
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Meh, nobody gives a shit for the most part. On the occasion someone does comment on my tats it's almost always positive and I answer the question/thank em, move on.
In the past I've been hired, worked for years, and left employment, without anyone knowing my arms were covered. Long sleeves aren't hard.
Depending on your location and personal inclinations, your results may vary.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#18]
More jobs for everyone else!
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Aren’t you that “soldier in Christ’s army” dude? You bailed on that thread and never answered my questions. Please elaborate on your duties as a holy mercenary.
View Quote
Huh?
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
If it is in the water I must have drank a shit load of it. Started at 18 years old with a Marine Corp tattoo, bulldog with a knife in its mouth with USMC underneath and over the next 30yrs got sleeved up and back and chest covered. Hell I think I'm going to go get some more this week in honor of this thread. No regrets and I've always heard "what are you going to do when you're old and it looks like shit" well I'm 50 and no fucks given and they look just fine to me and my wife...I don't have people ask me much about them. The biggest problem I had was strange women wanting to rub on them because they was curious if it made my skin feel different The last one to do that came damn close to getting her eyes scratched out by my dear old wife
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm going to go out on a limb here.... a long limb.... and say that it's because they want to. It's a crazy hypothesis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm going to go out on a limb here.... a long limb.... and say that it's because they want to. It's a crazy hypothesis.
I think he's asking why they want to....
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think he's asking why they want to....
View Quote
He asked why do they do it

And I hypothesized... because they want to...
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If it is in the water I must have drank a shit load of it. Started at 18 years old with a Marine Corp tattoo, bulldog with a knife in its mouth with USMC underneath and over the next 30yrs got sleeved up and back and chest covered. Hell I think I'm going to go get some more this week in honor of this thread. No regrets and I've always heard "what are you going to do when you're old and it looks like shit" well I'm 50 and no fucks given and they look just fine to me and my wife...I don't have people ask me much about them. The biggest problem I had was strange women wanting to rub on them because they was curious if it made my skin feel different The last one to do that came damn close to getting her eyes scratched out by my dear old wife
View Quote
same here except for the USMC part, i was partial to eagles and anchors...plus im still a young pup at 43
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top