BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, that made me want to punch your dog.

Just stop... stop... for the children and the dogs and...

Sorry dude, I was born in Louisiana (The French taught them to eat everything weird ) and I learned to enjoy eating really crazy shit thanks to Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern. I've eaten all manner of internal organs and even eaten blood cake. Thats right, I ate jellied blood. Nothing grosses me out anymore... nothing

Some people will put anything in their mouths.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

THAT IS FUCKING WRONG. JUST WRONG. BAN IT NOW!

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
we once tried to cook treet over a campfire, and it literally turned to goop.  one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.  man challenged my bro-in-law to eat it and he about died.

SPAM ftmfw!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THAT IS FUCKING WRONG. JUST WRONG. BAN IT NOW!

I'm searching high and low for a place to buy some of those canned cheeseburgers.  Anybody know where I can get some?

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

holy shit!!!!   that canned shit has teeth

It comes pre chewed for your eating pleasure.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

When my wife was in Nursing school she had to take care of a woman who had prions and encephalitis from eating a fried pork brain sandwhich at a state fair.

Fuck eating brains or nervous matter.

I've been eating brain sammiches all my life and that's the first I ever heard of getting 'prions and encephalitis from eating a fried pork brain sandwhich'....it had to be undercooked.

Brain sammich, onion rings, and a beer....breakfast of champions. Hard to find these days.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've been eating brain sammiches all my life and that's the first I ever heard of getting 'prions and encephalitis from eating a fried pork brain sandwhich'....it had to be undercooked.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/pcsutton/BrainSammich001.jpg

Brain sammich, onion rings, and a beer....breakfast of champions. Hard to find these days.

What do you mean it is the first you've ever heard of getting prions and encephalitis from eating brain? Prions can not be cooked out of a brain. They are not virus or bacteria, you can't kill or remove them. They are completely untreatable and ALWAYS fatal.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

holy shit!!!!   that canned shit has teeth

It comes pre chewed for your eating pleasure.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Say what you want about the canned chicken––I used to impress boys as a Scoutmaster during camping trips.  I'd make my dumpling powder up ahead of time so all I had to do was add water, and make a KICK-ASS chicken and dumplings with one of those canned chickens.  Looks like shit coming out of the can, tastes like heaven in a dutch oven with dumplings, chicken broth, and a can of vegetables.

I keep a case of those canned chickens in my preps.

What is this dumpling powder you speak of?  

It's been a whilie, and it's kind of a family recipe that my Mom (who is having open-heart surgery tomorrow at 1500: Keep her in your thoughts) modified for me as a young man.

It's basically a regular dumpling recipe, except you use powdered milk as a substitue for cream, and just mix it with your flour.

You need to add a couple of tablespoons of corn meal to your dumpling mix––keeps it from becoming gross and gluey.

My mom adds sage (a good bit) and dried parsley (just a bit for color) and a shake of thyme.  It's more for eye appeal than anything else, but it isn't right without it.

Add water to mix––a little bit at a time, as you want a doughy, claylike mix––NOT RUNNY––and "spoon" balls of the dough into  your broth in the last 15 minutes of cooking.  Fresh coals on top of the dutch when you put 'em in will give them a nice browning.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Say what you want about the canned chicken––I used to impress boys as a Scoutmaster during camping trips.  I'd make my dumpling powder up ahead of time so all I had to do was add water, and make a KICK-ASS chicken and dumplings with one of those canned chickens.  Looks like shit coming out of the can, tastes like heaven in a dutch oven with dumplings, chicken broth, and a can of vegetables.

I keep a case of those canned chickens in my preps.

What is this dumpling powder you speak of?  

It's been a whilie, and it's kind of a family recipe that my Mom (who is having open-heart surgery tomorrow at 1500: Keep her in your thoughts) modified for me as a young man.

It's basically a regular dumpling recipe, except you use powdered milk as a substitue for cream, and just mix it with your flour.

You need to add a couple of tablespoons of corn meal to your dumpling mix––keeps it from becoming gross and gluey.

My mom adds sage (a good bit) and dried parsley (just a bit for color) and a shake of thyme.  It's more for eye appeal than anything else, but it isn't right without it.

Add water to mix––a little bit at a time, as you want a doughy, claylike mix––NOT RUNNY––and "spoon" balls of the dough into  your broth in the last 15 minutes of cooking.  Fresh coals on top of the dutch when you put 'em in will give them a nice browning.

That sounds awesome. Thanks

Link Posted: 2/28/2012 2:05:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Slice the treet about 3/8" thick slices, fry in butter, place two slices on buttered toast with tomato slices and lettuce and its delicious.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 2:18:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It taste just like baked Virginia ham.  Trust me, I'm from Virginia.

Link Posted: 2/28/2012 3:06:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When my wife was in Nursing school she had to take care of a woman who had prions and encephalitis from eating a fried pork brain sandwhich at a state fair.

Fuck eating brains or nervous matter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/pcsutton/BrainSammich001.jpg

Prions are damaged proteins that become integrated into your cell structure when eaten.  They integrate themselves into protein replication and corrupt the process, a lot like a virus integrating its genetic code into a cell in order to replicate itself.  The "plaque" that forms on your brain and damage done to the physical structures breaks down your brain in a pretty awful degenerative neurological disease that can't be reversed.  You pretty much die like a mad cow.  

Neural tissue seem to be the main factor in transmission of Creutzfeldt-Jakob (mad cow) disease, which is a prion based encephalitis.  

The scary part is sometimes standard sterilization techniques don't even work on them.  Surgical tools can be irradiated, autoclaved, or bleached and infection can still occur.

There's a reason your breakfast of champions is tough to find anymore.  Only part of it is because its a bullshit part of the animal.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 3:27:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top