Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
window size appears to be similar to or almost the same as rmr window size?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Get the rail mounted battery operated lens blower. Blows lint off the lens. Doubles as a ball cooler in appendix carry.
View Quote

I have one, but it’s a two stroke so it’s loud as fuck.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not up on the latest stats., but in 2009, I put a type 1 on a G 19, for everyday carry. I also shot a couple steel matches with it. Zero problems; I scratched the glass a couple of years ago. Sent it in and payed for the glass; they said they would give me a new one for the price of the glass.
I have two type one's, a duel alum., and SRO; no problems.
 This new one sounds like a perfect carry gun optic. I might have to sell something to buy one.
If I clean the type one it is fine; sometimes I forget.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Holosun: "Our EPS is just a 507K with a closed emitter."
Trijicon: "Hey kid, wanna put a mailbox on top of your pistol?"
View Quote

Mount it to an unregistered sbr with an FRT trigger and solvent trap suppressor and shoot mailboxes with it.
Why collect a free “stamp” when you can collect free felonies am i right?
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
GD overreacts to everything without knowing anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice mailbox they made there

You've never seen a closed emitter optic before?
GD overreacts to everything without knowing anything.

Of course. GD must continue to GD. What would people think if it didn’t?
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like it's about the size of a 509t but taller since it has the battery on top.

Not a perfect comparison but you get the idea.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I love how everyone is calling it a "huge bitch" or a "mailbox," especially in comparison to an Aimpoint Acro P2.

From the spec sheet in the OP, the RCR is 1.8x1.2x1.3 inches, or 45x30x33mm.

The Acro P2 is 1.9x1.3x1.2 inches, or 47x33x31mm.

The RCR is smaller in two of three dimensions and only 0.1" or 2mm larger in the third, yet everyone acts like it's Lizzo compared to Taylor Swift.

As far as the Holosun 509t, it's 1.6x1.16x1.13 inches, which makes it smaller than the RCR, but, again, it's not like it's exponentially smaller.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#8]
That’s all well and good. Now explain the dimensions that made it 5 years late to market.  

Quoted:
I love how everyone is calling it a "huge bitch" or a "mailbox," especially in comparison to an Aimpoint Acro P2.

The RCR is smaller in two of three dimensions and only 0.1" or 2mm larger in the third, yet everyone acts like it's Lizzo compared to Taylor Swift.

As far as the Holosun 509t, it's 1.6x1.16x1.13 inches, which makes it smaller than the RCR, but, again, it's not like it's exponentially smaller.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's all well and good. Now explain the dimensions that made it 5 years late to market.  

View Quote
Too late for what?

Do you really think they won't sell every one they make?
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#10]

And it's predictably high as a cats ass to purchase.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#11]
That is ugly ... I bet it will have an MSRP of $799-899...
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:07:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think it looks as huge as some are making it out to be.

It also isn't as small as I'd hoped (EPS sized) but it's a step in the right direction.  

That said, there's a good chance I'll end up with one once the initial frenzy dies off.  Assuming they don't have any big teething issues anyway.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, it uses screws into holes in the RMR foot print.

But the heads of the screws will slide into a cavity from the sides of the optic and then stay captured there.  You cant access the face of the screw head, so the screws have holes/dimples around the circumference of the head that you wrench on to tighten with a special tool.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310612/FB_IMG_1690243485008_jpg-2896894.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's gotta be some sort of quick/side release to a proprietary plate given that it mounts in the RMR footprint. Those screw mounting locations would pierce right through the "closed" part of the MRDS.

But the heads of the screws will slide into a cavity from the sides of the optic and then stay captured there.  You cant access the face of the screw head, so the screws have holes/dimples around the circumference of the head that you wrench on to tighten with a special tool.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310612/FB_IMG_1690243485008_jpg-2896894.JPG
That sounds like a joke.  The EPS seems better than this in every way.  Trijicon is way behind the innovation curve that Holosun is setting these days.  

I used to be a HUGE Trijicon fan, I own 6 SRO's, but slowly giving favor to Holosun.  Moved to an EPS carry on my primary carry gun, 407 on secondary, 507 Comp on one of my competition guns displacing a SRO, etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are all "huge bitches" and "mailboxes".
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

My local gun shop guy was saying he expects MSRP at $825... I’m sure they’re amazing optics but damn pushing a G after tax is a little rough since I’m not an astronaut playboy millionaire with three Porsches like most posters here are.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They are all "huge bitches" and "mailboxes".
View Quote

+1 /\ this guy gets it. If you want a closed emitor sight then know it's going to look like a mailbox just like they all do. Get the fuck over it.

Link Posted: 7/27/2023 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My local gun shop guy was saying he expects MSRP at $825... I'm sure they're amazing optics but damn pushing a G after tax is a little rough since I'm not an astronaut playboy millionaire with three Porsches like most posters here are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My local gun shop guy was saying he expects MSRP at $825... I'm sure they're amazing optics but damn pushing a G after tax is a little rough since I'm not an astronaut playboy millionaire with three Porsches like most posters here are.
$825? L-O-fucking-L more than double the price of an EPS. Fine that's MSRP, maybe street prices at what, $750? I'd rather mount a T2 on my pistolsnat that price.

As someone else said earlier, brand loyalty is for suckers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That sounds like a joke.  The EPS seems better than this in every way.  Trijicon is way behind the innovation curve that Holosun is setting these days.  

I used to be a HUGE Trijicon fan, I own 6 SRO's, but slowly giving favor to Holosun.  Moved to an EPS carry on my primary carry gun, 407 on secondary, 507 Comp on one of my competition guns displacing a SRO, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's gotta be some sort of quick/side release to a proprietary plate given that it mounts in the RMR footprint. Those screw mounting locations would pierce right through the "closed" part of the MRDS.

Of all the enclosed rds, the eps is the best design imho.  I’m waiting for the x2 model to come out as the distortion was a big turn off.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My local gun shop guy was saying he expects MSRP at $825... I’m sure they’re amazing optics but damn pushing a G after tax is a little rough since I’m not an astronaut playboy millionaire with three Porsches like most posters here are.
View Quote

What's he basing that on? These aren't going to sell at above ACRO prices.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What's he basing that on? These aren't going to sell at above ACRO prices.
View Quote
RMR Type 2 MSRP is $731...
Surely the RCR will be higher since it's newer, more complex, and has more parts, etc.

That's MSRP though.  Eventually street price will go down, but typically when there's enough hype at the initial release for this kind of thing, they sell at MSRP out the gate.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's your life worth?  Do you wanna get kilt in da skreetS?
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#22]
If these aren't the same price as an acro P2 they won't sell great.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get the rail mounted battery operated lens blower. Blows lint off the lens. Doubles as a ball cooler in appendix carry.

Louder than your avatar pic?
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is where I’m at. And I hate to say it. I’m trying not to shit on it because Trijicon finally caught up to the features the competition is offering and that the market is wanting. But they did it so clunky and expensive.

I like Trijicon, most of my optics are Trijicon, and I have no idea how many Trijicon optics I have, but fuck.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is where I’m at. And I hate to say it. I’m trying not to shit on it because Trijicon finally caught up to the features the competition is offering and that the market is wanting. But they did it so clunky and expensive.

I like Trijicon, most of my optics are Trijicon, and I have no idea how many Trijicon optics I have, but fuck.
View Quote

-We don't know the actual price yet.

-It's dimensionally similar to other enclosed pistol optics.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#26]
you don't have to take it off to change the battery......im shocked
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 3:25:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Closed emitters are naturally clunky. Don't know what the final price is yet.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m referring to it needing to wear the battery around like a hat.

We both know it’ll be north of 700 bucks. But you’re right, we don’t know exactly where in the ‘holy fuck’ price range that the price will land.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 5:04:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But the RMR nut garglers assured me that enclosed emitter optics and batteries accessible without removing the optic are unnecessary novelties.
View Quote

I love my RMR but it's cool to see trijicon continue to male improvements and implement features that some users constantly fucking complain about.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

We both know it’ll be north of 700 bucks. But you’re right, we don’t know exactly where in the ‘holy fuck’ price range that the price will land.
View Quote

MSRP sure, but they'll have to keep street price around the ACRO P2 to sell them. Otherwise the anti China crowd will be handing their money to Swedes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

MSRP sure, but they'll have to keep street price around the ACRO P2 to sell them. Otherwise the anti China crowd will be handing their money to Swedes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It definitely has to compete with the ACRO P2 to be viable on the civilian market, but I worry they’re not worried about that and banking on .gov sales.

I’m frustrated with trijicon because I’m betting that somehow they came out last to the market just to release the least competitive and most expensive offering. I want to be wrong because they were once an industry leader that drove the market in innovation, but I fear they’re resting on their laurels and releasing “me too” product offerings only when necessary, and will become the Colt of the optics world.

I admit that’s a jaded perspective. Either way, I hope this optic works out. I want more quality trijicon optics where previously I’ve been having to opt towards Holosun.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#32]
GD complains for years for Trijicon to catch up.

Trijicon catches up.

GD tries their hardest to hate that Trijicon caught up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It definitely has to compete with the ACRO P2 to be viable on the civilian market, but I worry they’re not worried about that and banking on .gov sales.

I’m frustrated with trijicon because I’m betting that somehow they came out last to the market just to release the least competitive and most expensive offering. I want to be wrong because they were once an industry leader that drove the market in innovation, but I fear they’re resting on their laurels and releasing “me too” product offerings only when necessary, and will become the Colt of the optics world.

I admit that’s a jaded perspective. Either way, I hope this optic works out. I want more quality trijicon optics where previously I’ve been having to opt towards Holosun.
View Quote

That's where I am.  I want one and want to support Trijicon.

If it is as durable as it should be and is ACRO priced I'll buy once the initial craze dies down.  No, it doesn't look as small and sleek as the EPS for a carry gun but it's close enough and is American made.

However, if it's $700 plus I'll probably pass.  I can get 2 EPS's for that price.  

I'm prepared to be disappointed with the pricing though
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

+1 /\ this guy gets it. If you want a closed emitor sight then know it's going to look like a mailbox just like they all do. Get the fuck over it.

View Quote

once something becomes popular most all the original naysayers complaining about "aesthetics" disappear...
and re-invent themselves as cheerleaders.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Trijicon catches up.

View Quote

Did they, though?
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Did they, though?
View Quote

Trijicon brand
Mounts in the industry standard footprint (RMR)
Closed emitter
Top mount battery
6 year battery life (at setting 5)
Same deck height as RMR (so no having to change out BUIS)
Made in America (I think)
Simple controls
No additional "fluff" (more things that can break)

Barring long term durability feedback, it checks all boxes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm guessing this isn't going to work with Zev Posts / Brownell's slides judging by those screws?
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm guessing this isn't going to work with Zev Posts / Brownell's slides judging by those screws?
View Quote

A RMR fits on a Zev slide, why wouldn't the RCR fit? Screws are in the same location as the RMR and I'm betting it has the post cutouts in the base.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Trijicon catches up.

View Quote

They’re not even taking a breath between it, are they?

I keed, I keed…but it’s true.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A RMR fits on a Zev slide, why wouldn't the RCR fit? Screws are in the same location as the RMR and I'm betting it has the post cutouts in the base.
View Quote
The standard RMR mount pattern has holes drilled into the flat of the slide cut, and ideally forward recoil bosses.  It usually uses 6-32 thread screws.

Zev, Brownells, and maybe others incorporate recoil bosses into the screw holes, rather than having flat holes, and uses slightly smaller diameter screws because of the raised screw shaft has to fit into the screw hole in the RMR body.  These use 4-40 thread screws.

If the capstan screw the RCR uses is proprietary, they'd have to offer them in the smaller thread size to work with those slides.  Also have to consider if there is an issue with the height of those shafts, as it seems the screw-head bearing surface in the little slot on the RCR sits a bit lower than the tapered hole on an RMR.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The standard RMR mount pattern has holes drilled into the flat of the slide cut, and ideally forward recoil bosses.  It usually uses 6-32 thread screws.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-qm1pm/images/stencil/500x500/products/280/1433/Glock_RMR_Behind_Optic_Dovetail__74570.1617390935.jpg

Zev, Brownells, and maybe others incorporate recoil bosses into the screw holes, rather than having flat holes, and uses slightly smaller diameter screws because of the raised screw shaft has to fit into the screw hole in the RMR body.  These use 4-40 thread screws.

https://www.brownells.com/globalassets/10000/e5/l_078000494_2.jpg

If the capstan screw the RCR uses is proprietary, they'd have to offer them in the smaller thread size to work with those slides.  Also have to consider if there is an issue with the height of those shafts, as it seems the screw-head bearing surface in the little slot on the RCR sits a bit lower than the tapered hole on an RMR.
View Quote

Oh crap... You're right. I completely forgot about that and I actually used to own the pictured Zev Duty slide.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/28/2023 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course it's all about high volume government sales in the US the globally. Those agencies are not buying the latest and greatest first to market products anyway. Many will buy Trijicon's product because they're perceived as a safe choice with lots of credibility.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Trijicon brand    Great

Mounts in the industry standard footprint (RMR)  meh, ACRO pattern would have crowned that footprint king of duty optics

Closed emitter  Welcome to a few years ago

Top mount battery Great, welcome to the party. Is that large of a battery really necessary with easy change capability though?

6 year battery life (at setting 5)   Great, but that doesn't matter as much with easy change battery.  If it went a year or two with a smaller battery and form factor I'd be happy.

Same deck height as RMR (so no having to change out BUIS) Which is still taller than the EPS's that can use standard height sights

Made in America (I think) Great

Simple controls Great

No additional "fluff" (more things that can break) Great

Barring long term durability feedback, it checks all boxes.
View Quote

It's a pretty run of the mill closed emitter made by Trijicon in the US that came out a few years behind the competition.  There is really nothing groundbreaking about it that should justify a price above the ACRO P2.  

I'll buy at $600 or less assuming they're problem free.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

If so, I'll happily stick with my Steiner MPS's.  They have not let me down in USPSA.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-qm1pm/images/stencil/500x500/products/280/1433/Glock_RMR_Behind_Optic_Dovetail__74570.1617390935.jpg

View Quote

That's an interesting problem, and I'm now curious to see how they address it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's an interesting problem, and I'm now curious to see how they address it.
View Quote

Trijicon will probably address it by saying those companies should have followed the RMR footprint and screw size exactly.  Trijicon patented the RCR screws according to the literature we've seen.  The out of spec slide manufacturers will need to pay the piper to get smaller screws that will work with the RCR I'd imagine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Are the current models being discounted yet?
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You could grind off the bosses.  Retap and then drill holes for front bosses and use insertable pins.  
Sucks but I think it could be done.  Maybe not.  But the bosses are still centered the same.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How innovative.
View Quote

Its a red dot.

How much more innovation could one possibly do?

6 years of battery life on setting 5, assuming its usable, its fantastic.

I'll take this mailbox over the ACRO microwave all day.  Can't cook my hotpockets in the RCR, but I'll manage.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top