Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice to see a 2A giant like Trijicon go after a smaller company like Holosun. Not.

View Quote
Regardless of whether it's justified or not?
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

IP theft ? Competition
View Quote

Shroud around a red dot that is square is a stretch for IP theft.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Actually it is part and parcel of Asian culture in general.  No fucks are given for IP on the continent, it's not just China .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the Chicoms, if they are stealing patented things they are thieves and need to be treated as such

Actually it is part and parcel of Asian culture in general.  No fucks are given for IP on the continent, it's not just China .

Cheating, or doing whatever it takes to get ahead in general, is a fairly common Chinese cultural thing. Even look at how many video game cheaters are from China, cheating is just considered part of the meta.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is  very little resemblance between Trijicon and Holosun sights othe than footprint.
View Quote

Are you basing this on your examination of the applicable patents?
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuck the Chicoms, if they are stealing patented things they are thieves and need to be treated as such
View Quote

How dare you talk about the source of poverty to our poors like that
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Holy shit what MRDS wouldn't violate such a broad claim?

View Quote

SHHH dont say that in here....
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Trijicon is too expensive, probably for a few reasons, for many.
View Quote
Well,so is a Ferrari
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well,so is a Ferrari
View Quote

So should ferrari sue anyone that makes a car with a front and rear bumper?
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Chinese knock offs, hopefully you get some covid with your site
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

I think that's the $64,000 question. The IP underlying the patent Trijicon is suing under dates back to 2008.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah, the Chinese worked out the technology all on their own and Trijicon is just mad they're making it cheaper, not like they're known for stealing tech or anything.  
View Quote

Back in about 2005 I did an electrical job at a Caterpillar plant.  I thought it was interesting that there was a great big John Deere tractor on the floor being disassembled by a couple of techs.

Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is Trijicon regretting having some of their products manufactured in China now?  Who didn't see this coming?
View Quote

And there it is. They slept with dogs and now are wondering why they have fleas.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck China. Good for Trijicon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Trijicon is exercising their rights as an American company?

GD: fuck them.

Also the GD: Buy American!
View Quote
This.

We need more lawsuits against Chinese companies for theft of intellectual capital, it can't all be up to the Federal Government. Get some freakin' skin in the game.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Chinese communists are not our "friends." I used to like the Trijicon ACOG series of scopes, but, Elcan scopes are better. I sold all of my ACOGs and bought several Elcan Specter DR scopes. I'd never waste a dime of my money on Chinese communist knock off junk like Holosun sights and Olight lights. Like the Iranians, the Chinese communists want us dead and to declare themselves the Lords of the Earth and people that buy their products are funding that goal, one $ at a time. I'm happy that Trijicon is suing the knockoff, parasites. Good luck to them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just find it interesting that the company Trijicon chooses to make a claim against is the only company making a sight that is comparable to the RMR in durability.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Didn't necessarily say I like Holosun (I am an eotech fan) but competition is good for the market.
View Quote
Theft isn't competition. The court will establish whether it is one or the other.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Trijicon is exercising their rights as an American company?

GD: fuck them.

Also the GD: Buy American!
View Quote

This.

Suddenly when the poors lose their commie sights, it's "Fuck this American company, we want to give our money to the Chicoms!"
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuck anything made in china, half the problems we have now is because we allowed china to take control of manufacturing. So I stand with Trijicon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember going to a big mall in Singapore that was just shop after shop selling bootleg DVDs and computer programs and games. A whole fucking mall for it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#26]
For everyone complaining about trijicon prices...

Trijicon would charge less if they could... but if you have an item you sell to dcma/gov for one price (ie: M2/M4/T2 are overpriced as hell because Uncle Sam doesn’t care about money) you can’t turn around and sell that same item for significantly cheaper to the public.

Trijicon would have to develop a specific lineup of budget optics to sell to civs.  Of course as soon as that happened, when gov FWA auditors see an almost identical looking civilian market optic at 1/5th the price and BETTER performance as the contracts’ optics from their same vendor, they could use that grounds for a justification review or contract rebid effort. Major headaches all around, basically.

Trijicon’s hands are kind of tied if they don’t want to risk the government contracts they have been doing at the same prices they’ve been doing them at.  Trijicon is who they are because of gov sales... not public sales.  Best not to bite the hand that feeds. I can understand their pricing choices.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And there it is. They slept with dogs and now are wondering why they have fleas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is Trijicon regretting having some of their products manufactured in China now?  Who didn't see this coming?

Better that they wake up and get out of the dog pound and back to their country, then continue to do business with those that constantly lie, cheat, and steal at every chance. Not just bad business, but, they want us dead and want to be the super power that rules the Earth. We are in their way of achieving that goal. Now, maybe other traitorous US companies will wake up and do the same.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What do expect? If you wanted to start manufacturing a cheap red dot here in the US, you would get ran out by the top dogs. EoT,AP and triji. Not to mention we can make anything cheap here. Thanks unions.
View Quote
I think you are missing the point. If the Chinese company can innovate with ideas and features that don't steal from another company no-one would object to that being manufactured wherever.  Heck I would buy it if it did what I wanted at a good price.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Why wait 7 years?
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Back in about 2005 I did an electrical job at a Caterpillar plant.  I thought it was interesting that there was a great big John Deere tractor on the floor being disassembled by a couple of techs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the Chinese worked out the technology all on their own and Trijicon is just mad they're making it cheaper, not like they're known for stealing tech or anything.  

Lol.

I work at a job shop.  We make parts for Deere, CNH, CAT, etc.  Often parts that do the same thing on one or the other OEMs equipment.  Track frames for bulldozers were a big part of our backlog at one point.  We'd been making CNH track frames for many many years, there were no design changes.  Then they made a relatively minor design change and we made those.  Then shortly after, started making Deere track frames which were significantly different in design.  Next thing we know, CNH was asking us to quote building another new design track frame that looked identical to the Deere design.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Opposite for me.  I've got 2 508T V2s on order, but would gladly pay more for a Trijicon if they made anything with comparable features.
View Quote

I would happily pay for an RMR if they made the window larger than a peep hole and used glass that does not look like they sourced it from the bottom of a coke bottle.

They don't so I buy the only other viable option for my application.

I thought the SRO would be the perfect solution until Trijicon basically said "Don't expect it not to break if you use it hard."

Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a Trijicon RMR and it's cool, but I have three Holosuns and I like them at a huge cost savings.  My 32MOA outer dot and 2MOA center dot does not have any of the Trijicon features, so I'm hoping this is just a law suit waiting to be tossed.

I want green dot Holosuns.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Theft isn't competition. The court will establish whether it is one or the other.
View Quote

Theft is a stretch. If that document is accurate, that is really stretching. Plus, who gives a fuck? They have brand loyalty, a good reputation in their field (arguably the best) and the best military contract of any other brand. It just seems like they are trying to rub out competition for the RMR. Yes, fuck China, so yes I hope they win, but it may deter from USA made competition seeing a petty lawsuit over a shroud.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nice to see a 2A giant like Trijicon go after a smaller company like Holosun. Not.

I don't think people who can afford trigi's will go for holosun. EDIT: or trijicon make some cheaper shit if you want that market.
View Quote

You'd be wrong.

I have a buddy that lives quite comfortably and gave me shit for "buying a brand" when I bought an RMR over a Holosun whatever.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Seems doubtful Holosun has used Trijicon "proprietary" technology. And I don't think you can patent a "pistol mounted sight" as a protected technology.
View Quote

Doubtful???? You are basing that assessment on not having read the complaint or the patents in question.

You can certainly patent 'features' of a pistol mounted sight.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I would happily pay for an RMR if they made the window larger than a peep hole and used glass that does not look like they sourced it from the bottom of a coke bottle.

They don't so I buy the only other viable option for my application.

I thought the SRO would be the perfect solution until Trijicon basically said "Don't expect it not to break if you use it hard."

View Quote

Not perfect but an option

http://jagerwerks.com/pre-order-b-r-o-s-4-6-weeks/
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is Trijicon outsourcing to China?
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I remember going to a big mall in Singapore that was just shop after shop selling bootleg DVDs and computer programs and games. A whole fucking mall for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many people believe western protection of intellectual property has been a cornerstone of modern technological development. Much of the world, including most of Asia, does not believe in the protection of intellectual property. In other words, "if you can make it, you can sell it." I know someone who runs a full-on Disney-themed character restaurant in BFE China with no licensing. Nobody cares. It's pretty clear, to me anyway, that western-type IP protection is losing. People will buy whatever is cheapest that meets their immediate needs. That might be better. It might be worse. Either way, it looks to me to be the direction we're going in.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Haven't read the patent but from the posted screenshots of the claims chart accompanying the suit, the claims look very broad. Have to remember this patent goes back many years and what is obvious today or even over the past few years, might have been novel back when filed. Then again, the standard for an obviousness rejection has changed since the patent was filed and if Holosun filed for a re-examination, they might get the patent invalidated. Probably the best course of action. No dog in this fight, just professional interest.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This.

Suddenly when the poors lose their commie sights, it's "Fuck this American company, we want to give our money to the Chicoms!"
View Quote

i'll second that motion. this place is schizophrenic at best.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Why aren't they suing every other MRDS manufacturer???
Is because Holosun is the only one hurting them in sales???
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm on team Trijicon. One VCOG, 3 MRO's, 2 RMR's and an SRO. Lots of Trijicon pistol sights. Holosun makes decent stuff too for the price, but I don't doubt China copied features and designs from Trijicon. I hope Trijicon burns them to the ground.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#45]
China crap is China crap.  Property theft is property theft.

Doing what I can to reform my China addiction and rid them from my life.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#46]
With the investigation process taking 15-18 months, and a court case between 2-5 years, I imagine that Holosun can sell plenty of their sights while the case is winding it's way through the legal process.  

Unless Trijicon can get a temporary injunction, perhaps that was what Holosun was thinking in the first place.....ie sell enough of the disputed sights to make their profit, then quit once an injunction is put in place.   Then Holosun can think "Meh, OK, we will quit selling red dots, we got our money from the Trijicon copies, let's copy someone else's stuff now."

The really smart move would be as a previous post mentioned...if Trijicon really wants the lower priced portion of the red dot market, they should begin producing a cheaper version of their sights while the case winds it's way through the legal system.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So should ferrari sue anyone that makes a car with a front and rear bumper?
View Quote

If the front and rear bumper are patentable and hold such a patent then of course - that is the whole point of having a patent.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't think people who can afford trigi's will go for holosun. EDIT: or trijicon make some cheaper shit if you want that market.
View Quote

People are buying holosun for 300 when MRO can be had for 350, etc
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I’m so torn. Fuck China, and I LOVE Trijicon as a company. I have more trijicon optics than other makes combined, and I’ve got a lot of optics. Still, Holosun is doing some really neat stuff in the pistol RDS market. I wish Trijicon were making a 507K competitor, for example, but they don’t. I REALLY want the batteryless RDS Holosun prototyped too. That’s some futuristic Star Trek shit.
View Quote

That, is either 507k, that plastisig thing, take my money triji.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just find it interesting that the company Trijicon chooses to make a claim against is the only company making a sight that is comparable to the RMR in durability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know what Trijicon's technical argument is, but that could be a clue.

Vortex, Burris, Bushnell, and everyone else in the industry can't make a MRDS that's durable, but a random Chinese firm cracked the code? All by themselves?
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top