BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 41
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread prompted me to "fix" my rail.  It was surprisingly easy and should definitely increase resale value.  The downside is that it will no longer be usable to create a JBT rifle clone...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--epyT0R2ZkY/UhwtFvzgZmI/AAAAAAAAEiQ/7lW0WRCgDtE/s1024/IMG_3461-001.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-DzYOt2esjiQ/UhwtsBdJozI/AAAAAAAAEik/V8UK6f7Tq6g/s912/IMG_3462-001.JPG  
View Quote

1/10, needs 100% more bandsaw.

Had to check my MidwayUSA wishlist for Troy products...  nope, not there. It'll certainly stay that way when I start plowing through stacks of cash when I PCS back to the states.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Same here. I saw this post first appear on the front page and knew it would be a shit storm. The people here are like a lynch mob, and there's nothing Troy could do to appease them. I wouldn't have even given them the satisfaction of an apology if I were Steve Troy. His business is perfectly sustainable catering just to military and law enforcement. I like the Troy slide on rear sling point rings, they save me the trouble of having to take off the buffer tube, especially if the castle nuts are staked.

And to get so wound up about the Weavers? A bunch of criminal lunatics that, given a chance to surrender, knowing they were facing certain death, chose death with their kids in the line of fire. Yeah, try to sink an innovative, profitable gun company in their names.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will still be buying Troy products before during and after all of this internet drama.

Same here. I saw this post first appear on the front page and knew it would be a shit storm. The people here are like a lynch mob, and there's nothing Troy could do to appease them. I wouldn't have even given them the satisfaction of an apology if I were Steve Troy. His business is perfectly sustainable catering just to military and law enforcement. I like the Troy slide on rear sling point rings, they save me the trouble of having to take off the buffer tube, especially if the castle nuts are staked.

And to get so wound up about the Weavers? A bunch of criminal lunatics that, given a chance to surrender, knowing they were facing certain death, chose death with their kids in the line of fire. Yeah, try to sink an innovative, profitable gun company in their names.

You should read up on the subject before you start spouting that kind of nonsense.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Please stop. Your only intention in this thread has been trolling. I have read the entire thread, and have come to the conclusion you are simply a callous piece of shit that has to have the last word.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude do you really think that I think it was a fucking JOKE that people were killed for no god dam good reason?

This is a very serious subject that ultimately revolves around the murder of an unarmed woman holding her child. You are a disgusting individual. Please stop trolling this thread, there are plenty of other threads you can seek attention in. There is NOTHING funny about this subject matter.

How is it trolling when I defend my words?

You obviously did not read the comment that pertained to my sense of humor comment. I never said a dam word about the killing and if you did read this all you would of seen where I was appalled by this as everyone else. Get off your high horse!

Please stop. Your only intention in this thread has been trolling. I have read the entire thread, and have come to the conclusion you are simply a callous piece of shit that has to have the last word.

Says the one trolling my posts...

word

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We all gotta go someplace when we die.
Here's hoping you and Lon will have the time to exchange stories.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he would have stayed in the Army, maybe he would have been the type of general officer with the guts to do what needed to be done in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will still be buying Troy products before during and after all of this internet drama.

Criminal lunatics?

What is it with some of you "Tank" guys?

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

word

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude do you really think that I think it was a fucking JOKE that people were killed for no god dam good reason?

This is a very serious subject that ultimately revolves around the murder of an unarmed woman holding her child. You are a disgusting individual. Please stop trolling this thread, there are plenty of other threads you can seek attention in. There is NOTHING funny about this subject matter.
You obviously did not read the comment that pertained to my sense of humor comment. I never said a dam word about the killing and if you did read this all you would of seen where I was appalled by this as everyone else. Get off your high horse!

word

I'm not trolling, I'm asking you to stop. Your attention whoring in this thread is repulsive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
DD Lite FTMFW!!!!1!!

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why in the hell does post count per time here have anything to fucking do with the tea in China?

God now I do hope this gets closed down! Jeez!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ever get the feeling the mods are watching, and just waiting?

I thought they would be, but apparently not.

This thread has been trolled HARD for pages w/out a hammer in sight.

WTF?

Less than 2,500 posts since 2002.  I'm just wondering, why this thread?

Why in the hell does post count per time here have anything to fucking do with the tea in China?

God now I do hope this gets closed down! Jeez!

I'm just making an observation that you don't post that often, yet you are posting a ton in this thread.   I haven't read any of your posts in this thread, so I am not passing any sort of judgment.  Just find it curious.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Cozmacozmy,

Realize, this is an emotionally charged subject for many of the posters here.  Your posts, whether made in jest or an attempt at trolling, are having a negative effect.  I don't know if this is your goal or just an unfortunate side effect of your posting style.  I do know that it will end up leading to this thread being locked.

Everyone responding to Cozmacozmy, cool your jets.  If you have an issue with how he is posting in this thread, ignore him  Don't let your emotions get the best of you and send this thread into lockdown.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's indeed fucking arrogant for you to personify any number of opinions, well-formed given the shucking and jiving of Troy upon the matter, as a lynch mob.

I was a city cop when RR happened.
As I was during Waco.
And you are irreparably fucked up upon this subject.

And us poor lynch-minded patrol folks shuddered as the news developed. How in the blue fuck could something as poorly planned and executed as these travesties be allowed by our Nation?

The stigma of dead Weavers is permanently tattooed upon the FBI response to RR. Troy apparently accepts that same mark, and chooses to wear it proudly. Chains resting lightly and all that.

I'll sooner extract my own molars with a corroded pair of Vise-Grips before I'll profane my Goddamned rifle with anything from Troy.
I'll gleefully shade, mock and ridicule any who choose to buy from them, and pray for open-breech detonations visited upon them.

It's not just the whoredom against the 2A here.
More importantly, it's Troy's willful (if inadvisable) choice to unabashedly support someone who is as heretic and sociopathic as Horiuchi, except without the actual blood of a mother to wave above the Fedsucking masses in triumph.

In parting, it is my fervent hope that Troy exists famous just long enough to be closed and seized for tax evasion, due to evaporating sales....no IRS fan here, but the irony would be delicious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't see that anything you say will ever change the opinions of people here...

its a lynch mob and lynch mobs don't listen to reason.

It's indeed fucking arrogant for you to personify any number of opinions, well-formed given the shucking and jiving of Troy upon the matter, as a lynch mob.

As I was during Waco.

And us poor lynch-minded patrol folks shuddered as the news developed. How in the blue fuck could something as poorly planned and executed as these travesties be allowed by our Nation?

The stigma of dead Weavers is permanently tattooed upon the FBI response to RR. Troy apparently accepts that same mark, and chooses to wear it proudly. Chains resting lightly and all that.

I'll sooner extract my own molars with a corroded pair of Vise-Grips before I'll profane my Goddamned rifle with anything from Troy.
I'll gleefully shade, mock and ridicule any who choose to buy from them, and pray for open-breech detonations visited upon them.

More importantly, it's Troy's willful (if inadvisable) choice to unabashedly support someone who is as heretic and sociopathic as Horiuchi, except without the actual blood of a mother to wave above the Fedsucking masses in triumph.

In parting, it is my fervent hope that Troy exists famous just long enough to be closed and seized for tax evasion, due to evaporating sales....no IRS fan here, but the irony would be delicious.

Do you even articulate, bro?

WHY YES.  Yes, you do!!

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If he would have stayed in the Army, maybe he would have been the type of general officer with the guts to do what needed to be done in Afghanistan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instruct his men to shoot women while they are holding their babies?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because everyone, even a criminal lunatic, is afforded due process.

I like my multiple sets of Troy BUIS and rails. Their business decision is that they're better off focusing on military and law enforcement, and they hired some notorious characters. They proudly proclaimed it. Now we will all see how those decisions affect their business.  They will probably do fine, just as you say.

It's not getting wound about the Weavers. It's getting wound about someone who was a cheerleader for aggressive ROE that were well outside the ethical or legal bounds for domestic use of deadly force, being hired to continue training people. The Weavers needed to be brought to justice. It wasn't the on-site team's responsibility to summarily administer justice and execute, yet they abrogated their positions as holders of the public trust by doing just that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

iBTL?
View Quote

Yep, the trolls are going to get what they want.

You idiots dropping CoC failures are going to give it to them.

Ironically, you'll be getting Steve Troy off the hook from addressing any of the actual questions here. Good job, asshats.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I needn't further confirmation about your morals and ethics, much less your humanity. The first post I quoted was entirely sufficient. Nice of you to offer, however.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cozmacozmy,

Realize, this is an emotionally charged subject for many of the posters here.  Your posts, whether made in jest or an attempt at trolling, are having a negative effect.  I don't know if this is your goal or just an unfortunate side effect of your posting style.  I do know that it will end up leading to this thread being locked.

Everyone responding to Cozmacozmy, cool your jets.  If you have an issue with how he is posting in this thread, ignore him  Don't let your emotions get the best of you and send this thread into lockdown.
View Quote

I second this.  Just ignore him please.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cozmacozmy,

View Quote

You are right, and I do not want the thread to get locked. It's hard not to be angry and frustrated when someone treats a subject as serious as this like a joke.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm not trolling, I'm asking you to stop. Your attention whoring in this thread is repulsive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

word

and you thinking your God around here repulses me! accusing me of thinking dead people is a joke when you had no clue what I was saying that too.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well we'd need more clearly defined ROE than that. I mean, what if they drop their babies and are running away? Are they still hostile?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Cozmacozmy,

View Quote

Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You are right, and I do not want the thread to get locked. It's hard not to be angry and frustrated when someone treats a subject as serious as this like a joke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cozmacozmy,

No, it's not.

Simply click the little ignore tab and poof! No more vitriolic tripe to wade through.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ironically, you'll be getting Steve Troy off the hook from addressing any of the actual questions here. Good job, asshats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
iBTL?

He's had ample opportunity to substantively do that, and does not appear to have any interest.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I like my multiple sets of Troy BUIS and rails. Their business decision is that they're better off focusing on military and law enforcement, and they hired some notorious characters. They proudly proclaimed it. Now we will all see how those decisions affect their business.  They will probably do fine, just as you say.

It's not getting wound about the Weavers. It's getting wound about someone who was a cheerleader for aggressive ROE that were well outside the ethical or legal bounds for domestic use of deadly force, being hired to continue training people. The Weavers needed to be brought to justice. It wasn't the on-site team's responsibility to summarily administer justice and execute, yet they abrogated their positions as holders of the public trust by doing just that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And all of the Weavers would be alive today if they'd fought in court instead of in the woods. You're defending people who chose to have an armed standoff with the man.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

and you thinking your God around here repulses me! accusing me of thinking dead people is a joke when you had no clue what I was saying that too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

word

I'm going to bed, but I think some of you night shifters should go ahead and start a pit thread.  This guy needs to be called out, especially the way he is desperately trying to get this important thread locked down.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I just find it amazing that TI wouldn't realize that their civilian customer base are the sort of Americans who hold the conduct of Dale Monroe in utter contempt and who do not forget.

It's also interesting how many members here were apparently too young to recall Ruby Ridge and how their eyes have been opened by this shitstorm. So at least that's a good thing, I guess.

I'm sorry Mr. Troy, while I appreciate your responding here I can't in good conscience support your company in any way. A certain percentage of any dollar spent with you will go to the salary of one Dale Monroe.

Just can't do it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Thank you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cozmacozmy,

Thank you.

Yes some of my comments here were in jest. Troll, a few after the shit storm erupted, When one come at me swinging, I'm going to swing right back.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Am I too late for page 1?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
He's had ample opportunity to substantively do that, and does not appear to have any interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

iBTL?

Probably not, but as long as the discussion is open he's avoiding it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#30]
To get back on track, what do the typical courses taught by such an esteemed marquee former agent cost?

Just curious of the net that they might make vs. a CNC operator on the shop floor.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is the story on Monroe for those who don't like to watch hours of testimony.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-09-15/news/mn-46142_1_ruby-ridge

""We don't have Mr. Horiuchi here," subcommittee Chairman Arlen Specter
(R-Pa.) pointed out Thursday to underscore the importance of the
snipers' testimony. "You are as close as we have."

"Dale R. Monroe, the partner of FBI hostage rescue team leader Lon
Horiuchi--who fired the fatal shot--said that he was preparing to fire
but did not because Horiuchi fired first."

"Monroe said Thursday: "I totally disagree" with the task force finding."

"Monroe
said he believed the helicopter to be in danger whether the
rifle-carrying men were in or outside the cabin. In fact, he contended,
the threat was "heightened" if they gained entry into the cabin because
the FBI knew there were children inside. "

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well we'd need more clearly defined ROE than that. I mean, what if they drop their babies and are running away? Are they still hostile?
View Quote

Weaver and his family were innocent, not criminals (the FBI even stated as such), and they won all their court cases.  Even the MSM knows that much.

Military ROE in a U.S. Marshal domestic incident....yeah that sounds legit man.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Serious question...

Does Troy run ads in Recoil magazine?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course they are, right? I mean, they use their uterus to pop out more Taliban fighters, so I suppose one could look at them like a biological terrorist manufacturing facility.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

As I was during Waco.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't see that anything you say will ever change the opinions of people here...

As I was during Waco.

Bravo! Well put.

Troy Industries-your judgement was/is poor,enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As I was during Waco.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I was during Waco.

HEAR HEAR!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

You shouldn't be joking at all in this thread, or pointing out the lack of a sense of humor here. This subject is not funny at all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And all of the Weavers would be alive today if they'd fought in court instead of being murdered in the woods. You're defending people who chose to have an armed standoff with a woman carrying a baby.
View Quote

Fixed by veracity injection.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And all of the Weavers would be alive today if they'd fought in court instead of in the woods. You're defending people who chose to have an armed standoff with the man.
View Quote

There's how it was supposed to have been done, and how it happened.  Neither were in the Weaver's sphere of influence.  I suggest you study the matter of which you comment on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fought what in court, they were never brought up on charges?  Is it now illegal to have a differing opinion than that of the government?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

iBTL?

But then you would accuse me of trolling.

can't win for losing here!

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You shouldn't be joking at all in this thread, or pointing out the lack of a sense of humor here. This subject is not funny at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well hell! Why didn't you tell me that pages ago!

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No, it's not.

Simply click the little ignore tab and poof! No more vitriolic tripe to wade through.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cozmacozmy,

No, it's not.

Fair enough, clicked. No more Cozmacozmy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. And do not put words in my mouth.  You are completely mischaracterizing my statement, and you know it. I do not defend the Weavers. I said so in the very post you quoted, and in multiple other posts. If you want to debate, do it honestly. Misquoting me like that is unacceptable, and you should be embarrassed at such a childish and underhanded thing to do.

Those that died would be alive if they had fought in court. Those that died would be alive if the attempt to apprehend them had been an attempt. There is a preponderance of evidence that it was handled very badly, including the Senate report and court opinions I have previously quoted.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bears repeating.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cozmacozmy,

No, it's not.

Bravo!

I will buy you a beer if ever I have the chance.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Funny how many pages ago I said the same things Goatboy and others here were saying. You all start throwing shit around and then I'm the troll for it? Then the shit storm just starts piling on more and more but I'm still the troll for sticking up for what I said.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Funny how many pages ago I said the same things Goatboy and others here were saying. You all start throwing shit around and then I'm the troll for it? Then the shit storm just starts piling on more and more but I'm still the troll for sticking up for what I said.
View Quote

Drop it.  You're as much to blame as anybody by continuing this mess.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Jesus.  Let's not go overboard.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I'll order a yhm free float over troy

Jesus.  Let's not go overboard.

EL OH El!!

How long has Dale worked there? I'm assuming he wasn't just hired, like Jody. Has this been flying under the radar for some time?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

As I was during Waco.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I was during Waco.

I read that in Al Swearengen voice. It was fucking AWESOME!
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top