Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 41
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#1]
has LT commented yet or said if they will still carry troy sights? also what page is the last troy statement goatboy was talking about?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sometimes.  But "we" as gun owners spend a shit ton of money and don't like when gov agents kill us over bullshit things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We as gun owners are some of our own worse enemies.

Sometimes.  But "we" as gun owners spend a shit ton of money and don't like when gov agents kill us over bullshit things.

This, I was just looking at going troy ambi FCG, Mag release, Battery Assist Arm, and a quad rail for my last upper but was holding off until the dust settled apparently it has and I am "OUT" time to see what other options are out there also going to have to evaluate the swapping of my quad rail on my BCM rifle for a non traitorous manufacturer.  Getting fucked financially by privateers is some what forgivable (aka Spikes) but what Steve Troy/ Troy Industries just decided to do is not.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't think this makes Steve Troy look like a good leader. A good leader would take time to answer questions, rather than posting a drive-by comment.  He's damned either way by the Arfcom drama queens who made up their minds last week when the story broke.  He could have instead posted nothing and the outcome wouldn't have changed.  A simple, professional statement (no doubt proofread by his PR person) is all he really needed to make, and he made it.  The guy doesn't really owe us any more than that -- he certainly shouldn't be expected to spend his day in a Reddit-style Q&A to appease the rage-prone masses in GD. Give me a fuckin break dude.

A good leader doesn't blindly defend employees. He substantiates his position with evidence and reason, not dismissal of his customers as not being able to understand.  Did we read the same statement?  It looked like he backed up his position fairly well, and I didn't see a single condescending remark about his customers -- exactly the opposite.  Why are you reading into it?

A good leader is transparent. He doesn't claim that he has no control over part of a company, then turn around and defend his decision to keep someone employed. That second statement affirms his control, proving himself to be untruthful in what he told Goatboy.  I haven't seen any statements to Goatboy so I'm not sure what you're referencing here.  I only skimmed the first 16 pages so I might have missed it.

A good leader, especially one who claims such support of citizen customers and the Second Amendment, should be expected to know that there are some people who are anathema to that cause.  I'm not sure that's a leadership quality, but I agree that it ties directly into any pronouncement of 2A support.

A good leader would recognize the consumer support he had after being treated poorly by a major retailer. He would consider that when making strategic decisions that would alienate that consumer base.  Are we forgetting that he fired J-Fled within hours of the story hitting the web?  That is exactly what the customer base demanded.  Doesn't that indicate that he's listening and taking action?  Is it possible his working relationship with Monroe is such that he can still listen to our demands and weigh the decision and then come to the opposite conclusion because it's the right choice?  A good leader knows when to capitulate and when to stand his ground.

I think this makes Steve Troy look disingenuous, dismissive, placing personal friendship and his profit over the ethics he so loudly proclaimed. His claims ring hollow in the face of his own actions.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure what to think about all this.

Steve Troy seems like a good leader.  He's standing behind his decisions, his staff, and his company.  I respect that.

At the same time, what happened at Ruby Ridge is unforgivable.  However small Monroe's role in that event, if he still supports the government's actions that day... that would make him toxic to any company.

I suspect Troy is in a much better position to judge the potential impact on his company than anyone in Arfcom GD.

I don't think this makes Steve Troy look like a good leader. A good leader would take time to answer questions, rather than posting a drive-by comment.  He's damned either way by the Arfcom drama queens who made up their minds last week when the story broke.  He could have instead posted nothing and the outcome wouldn't have changed.  A simple, professional statement (no doubt proofread by his PR person) is all he really needed to make, and he made it.  The guy doesn't really owe us any more than that -- he certainly shouldn't be expected to spend his day in a Reddit-style Q&A to appease the rage-prone masses in GD. Give me a fuckin break dude.

A good leader doesn't blindly defend employees. He substantiates his position with evidence and reason, not dismissal of his customers as not being able to understand.  Did we read the same statement?  It looked like he backed up his position fairly well, and I didn't see a single condescending remark about his customers -- exactly the opposite.  Why are you reading into it?

A good leader is transparent. He doesn't claim that he has no control over part of a company, then turn around and defend his decision to keep someone employed. That second statement affirms his control, proving himself to be untruthful in what he told Goatboy.  I haven't seen any statements to Goatboy so I'm not sure what you're referencing here.  I only skimmed the first 16 pages so I might have missed it.

A good leader, especially one who claims such support of citizen customers and the Second Amendment, should be expected to know that there are some people who are anathema to that cause.  I'm not sure that's a leadership quality, but I agree that it ties directly into any pronouncement of 2A support.

A good leader would recognize the consumer support he had after being treated poorly by a major retailer. He would consider that when making strategic decisions that would alienate that consumer base.  Are we forgetting that he fired J-Fled within hours of the story hitting the web?  That is exactly what the customer base demanded.  Doesn't that indicate that he's listening and taking action?  Is it possible his working relationship with Monroe is such that he can still listen to our demands and weigh the decision and then come to the opposite conclusion because it's the right choice?  A good leader knows when to capitulate and when to stand his ground.

I think this makes Steve Troy look disingenuous, dismissive, placing personal friendship and his profit over the ethics he so loudly proclaimed. His claims ring hollow in the face of his own actions.

My comments in blue.  Sorry, I can't multiquote.

Something about Monroe makes him valuable to Troy.  Maybe we should be exploring that angle instead of shouting for his head on a platter.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you think Troy is going to send you some free shit or something? You and some other posters keep giving me that vibe. Just hope they PM you for your address before someone backtracks and reports your admission to being a troll post. That got D_A ousted and he was at the least able to argue a point with some intelligence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:[/

So are we to add ARFCOM to our boycott list now?

Do you think Troy is going to send you some free shit or something? You and some other posters keep giving me that vibe. Just hope they PM you for your address before someone backtracks and reports your admission to being a troll post. That got D_A ousted and he was at the least able to argue a point with some intelligence.

OMG I'm scared! Fuck off with the troll shit. What, am I to bow down to everything you say master? You don't like what some have to say so you throw out the "troll" word as if it's suppose to hurt my feelings?

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Same here. I inquired over in the Industry forum. Im curious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have BCM, LaRue, or Noveske said anything publicly on the subject yet?

I hope BCM and LaRue make the right choice, as I'm a big fan of both companies right now

BCM and LaRue didn't hire anti gunners and or murder advocates.  This thread is about Troy stepping on his dick.  Can we give BCM and LaRue and the others that have done nothing the benefit of the doubt.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Something about Monroe makes him valuable to Troy.  Maybe we should be exploring that angle instead of shouting for his head on a platter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure what to think about all this.

Steve Troy seems like a good leader.  He's standing behind his decisions, his staff, and his company.  I respect that.

At the same time, what happened at Ruby Ridge is unforgivable.  However small Monroe's role in that event, if he still supports the government's actions that day... that would make him toxic to any company.

I suspect Troy is in a much better position to judge the potential impact on his company than anyone in Arfcom GD.

So he fed us j-fled and we should be happy?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Can't say that I have ever purchased anything from Troy, but in reading about the whole Ruby Ridge cluster fuck, I would seriously question this hiring move.

What are some good sources of information regarding Dale Monroe's 2A stances and aftermath testimony/opinion??
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm not so sure.

From the OP: "Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy"

I don't consider wanton violation of Constitutional rights to be a "tragedy"

It is in the same vein as those who refer to 9/11 as a 'disaster' rather than an attack.

It's PC doublespeak.

Hiring the actors involved is tacit approval of their actions.

(but yes, I absolutely agree that money > morals is most evident)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why a company would want to be associated with anyone involved in this event is beyond me.

Birds of a feather...

Not so much.  But definitely this:
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1306714/obama-got-money-o.gif

I'm not so sure.

From the OP: "Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy"

I don't consider wanton violation of Constitutional rights to be a "tragedy"

It is in the same vein as those who refer to 9/11 as a 'disaster' rather than an attack.

It's PC doublespeak.

Hiring the actors involved is tacit approval of their actions.

(but yes, I absolutely agree that money > morals is most evident)

One of the definitions of a tragedy is something bad that could have been prevented. So in that sense RR was definitely a tragedy. The events that unfolded on both sides of the line there spilled over into later events. Waco, Oklahoma City bombings, etc.

One of the first thing a police officer learns (or is supposed to learn) is that you need to be as close to right as possible. If you are not, everything you do, everything others around you do, and everything you do in the future can be tainted.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
<quote removed>

View Quote

Please try not to quote someone who is clearly attempting to get this thread locked via admitted trolling. This is one place where the ignore button serves quite well. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, I'm not going to hold my breath. It wouldn't happen anyways. The "training materials" Dale uses are hush-hush top secret no foreign nationals eyes only LEO only anyway, so...
View Quote

I've actually been waiting for them to claim FUOU privilege. I think they may be holding that card in reserve. It will backfire.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Posted this to all my facebook groups:

Over the last few days, Troy Industries has really stepped on it's dick. First by hiring Jody Weis as an instructor. Secondly by hiring Dale Monroe.

You may not know these two people.

Jody, who has been fired from Troy, is the anti gun former Chicago Police Superintendent. Not a good person.

Dale was a member of the FBI's HRT team tasked with Ruby Ridge. And specifically, he was Lon Horiuchi's partner when Lon shot and killed Vicky Weaver. A Mother and Wife who was standing in a door holding her infant child.
He is quoted as stating in front of Congress during a hearing that the only reason he did not take the shot himself is because Lon had alread done so.

He is absolutely unapologetic over the killing of Vicki Weaver. He was never held accountable and has gone on to remain in law enforcement for the last 20+ years since.

Ruby Ridge was a tradgedy and a massacre perpetrated by the federal government.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Fast Forward to this past week, When Troy Industries was called out on their new hires, instead of thinking about what was going on, they defended Dale's actions, and Steve Troy stated, "I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him."

That is beyond the pale.

There is currently a 20 or so page thread about this over on AR15.com, that STEVE started. He has not returned since posting his inflammatory post. And he has pretty much assured his company will be boycotted, Zumbo'd, Arock'd for all time.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1525190_Troy_Industries_Statement.html

Feel free to drop over there and read up on how poorly Troy is handling this very sensitive situation.

I for one, will always choose another brand over Troy for now on. I can only hope that after reading all this and the links, that you do the same.

For the members under 30 or so, if you have not heard of Ruby Ridge; It is a scary tale of how the Federal Government can come, kill your family, terrorize the living, and never be reprimanded all under the guise of legitimate law enforcement.

The law broken was an ALLEGED shotgun was 1/4 of an INCH under the legal limit. Not making it more deadly or anything crazy, but it was a tax matter. It should have been taxed as a short barrel shotgun, requiring a $200 tax stamp from the ATF.

Vicki Weaver and Samuel Weaver were killed because the government said their husband and father owed $200 dollars worth of back taxes, and that was enough for the government to send out troops in camo uniforms with M16 and nightvision.

"And although Randy many times screamed out to the officers that they had killed his wife, the officers pretended they did not know she was dead, and they mercilessly taunted the family. "Did you sleep well last night, Vicki?" and "Show us the baby, Vicki? We had pancakes," and on it went."

It is sick that any supposed 2AM company would so easily hire someone involved in this massacre then flaunt it to its customers.

Please choose Magpul, Midwest Industries, Larue, or any other before Troy.
View Quote

Mind if I use some of this? I have some networking to do this afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Troy has dedicated people on this site every day. They are also an IP and not a sponsor, so their financial tie to us is minimal. Regardless, none of this matters to me. If they were our largest sponsor or our smallest, we look at each company and their actions for and against the firearms community and this site.

Right now I can say that I do not agree with their choice, but I also am not condemning them to rot in hell like many of you. "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone" comes to mind in this mess. Sure Monroe isn't exactly a boy scout and is a part of one of the darkest days in this country's history, but it was 20 years ago and we do not know the man and who he is today. To assume he has not suffered over this mess and has not changed is a very black/white ignorant thought. We want this mess to fit nicely into a box, but it doesn't. There are emotional ties because of the pure evil of the event, but in the end is it any different than other mistakes made in all walks of life that end up costing an innocent life?  Sure none of this is on par with the murder or an innocent, but Monroe did not kill Weaver, if he did then it would be cut and dry and simple to assess. The issue is he was a part of the mess and said in his statement contradicting things.

For those who point to the video, go to 1:58 and watch as he states very clearly that the presence of children made the kill on sight orders null and void. He would not take a shot if it endangered children. So which is it? Is he this cold blooded merciless killer of an unarmed woman or is he just a guy caught in the most nightmarish of days on the job? I can't put him in either category because it's all gray area. He was a part of this mess and as such he is responsible for it as much as Horiuchi and everyone else who was present. What matters more to me is what he has done since that day and how he has worked to atone for his role, if he has even tried to do so. From what I have been told (again I have not witnessed it) is that he spends time and is available to speak about the day and how things were completely and horribly wrong. He seems to me as a man who is willing to delve into the demons in his past to help others try to understand and not make the same mistakes. Does this negate his role, hell no. He's still guilty of being a part of the problem, but he's not that different from any of us. If we were in the same situation we would hope we had the inner strength to walk away, but how many of us could say with a certainty that we would have given up our careers, our friends, our duty on the day, all because of a moral issue we didnt even have enough information to form a full thought on. Do you really think they were told everything that was going on? That emotions were not high from being told a federal agent had already been shot and killed?

Ok so regardless of how you feel about the man and what you think about the incident and his time since, we know it was horrible and being associated with someone responsible for it is a huge negative. So now Troy has a guy most of us feel was wrong working for them. He was shown to not train anyone on anything but crisis situations regarding bomb scenarios. Is this the guy we want training our future responders? Well maybe yes and maybe no, it all comes down to what he learned that day and each day since. Is this the same guy who sat stone faced in that hearing or is this a guy who has seen his life hit bottom and cost innocent lives? I don't know Monroe nor what type of man he is. What I do know is EdSr. He went to war and did things he can't even talk to me about. I'm sure he has killed and seen the horrible face of war and yet I hold zero negative thoughts about the man. I revere him for what he did and who he has become. To me I can't condemn a man I do not know. Again, yes the situations are different and removed from each other, but the same basic principle is there. We are all human, we make mistakes, we often are in situations which far exceed our abilities, what we choose to do will stay with us forever. Does it mean we do not become better men? That we can't find redemption? I hope not, because if a day comes when I am in a situation like that, I would like to hope I could change and become a better person and move past something so difficult and life altering.

Steve Troy is a man of high quality. I know this because I've been on both sides of the fence with him. We had a problem that wedged us apart years ago and now we talk and enjoy a relationship focused on bring all of you something good. During our time of distrust, he never attacked me, nor I him. He was honorable enough to stay his course and follow what he felt was right. When we made amends and forged a new relationship he has been honest and honorable every step of the way admitting our misunderstanding was wrong. I have learned that he is a man of principle above all. If an anti-gun company threatened the community, he never shied away from fighting it. If it meant a loss of profits, then profits be damned. We all make mistakes and I'm sure Steve has made his share of them, but in the end I know he means well and cares about the firearms community deeply. Troy employees seem to be cut from the same cloth. Everyone I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to have gone over the top to ensure they are providing top service and products and being focused on all of you. This isn't always the case with companies, but it is something we see more and more each year. Companies like Troy are no longer unique, they are becoming the norm, but it's still important for us to know who is there for us and why and when a company can shine out and be an example to others, you notice it.

So back to the original question, what will ar15.com do with Troy. I do not know what the future holds, but like Steve I must hold firm to what I believe is right and I can not abandon a company to be torn apart over something like this when I do not know the man in the middle of the discussion. Is he a jerk? Is he a wonderful person? I do not know, so I can't condemn him or the company's decision so emotionless. What I do know is Steve, Troy employees, and the fact they have always made great products and provided great service to everyone in the community. That sways my mind to support them at this time. I would love to hear more, especially from Monroe himself, but that's not my call.

I hope you all take what I've said to heart and understand that I've thrown myself into this mess to learn everything I could about it and make my own decision. I've watched the video, I've read a bunch of stories, and I've read through not only the threads on this site, but discussions and blogs that are all dissecting this mess. when Jody was hired, there was zero excuse for it, my jaw dropped and I was upset. The fact Troy fired him upon learning about it shows a lot to me. It shows a company willing to do what is right. If Monroe is a good guy who has suffered and learned from the past, then sacrificing him to save face would be wrong. If he was just an asset or a means to business I don't doubt he would be gone. That's just how Steve works.

I apologize for the long winded response, but right now I can't throw Troy under a bus and I hope I've been clear as to why. Now this may change as people continue to make their case and bring more information to light, but with what we have seen out there already it's all based on putting the blame for Ruby Ridge on the shoulders of this one man. We will continue to allow Troy to be an IP here until such a time as we feel their interests are no longer in line with the best interests of the firearm community, our rights and freedoms, or the spirit of this site.

You are now free to attack me if you feel necessary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will Troy leave this site because it's clear they've become extremely unpopular here?

I predict no.

You're probably correct. Apparently, they hadn't logged in here for months prior to this. IP sponsorship, or whatever they were, is thousands of dollars a year. Not much to them, but enough for an advertising tax write off.

Troy has dedicated people on this site every day. They are also an IP and not a sponsor, so their financial tie to us is minimal. Regardless, none of this matters to me. If they were our largest sponsor or our smallest, we look at each company and their actions for and against the firearms community and this site.

Right now I can say that I do not agree with their choice, but I also am not condemning them to rot in hell like many of you. "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone" comes to mind in this mess. Sure Monroe isn't exactly a boy scout and is a part of one of the darkest days in this country's history, but it was 20 years ago and we do not know the man and who he is today. To assume he has not suffered over this mess and has not changed is a very black/white ignorant thought. We want this mess to fit nicely into a box, but it doesn't. There are emotional ties because of the pure evil of the event, but in the end is it any different than other mistakes made in all walks of life that end up costing an innocent life?  Sure none of this is on par with the murder or an innocent, but Monroe did not kill Weaver, if he did then it would be cut and dry and simple to assess. The issue is he was a part of the mess and said in his statement contradicting things.

For those who point to the video, go to 1:58 and watch as he states very clearly that the presence of children made the kill on sight orders null and void. He would not take a shot if it endangered children. So which is it? Is he this cold blooded merciless killer of an unarmed woman or is he just a guy caught in the most nightmarish of days on the job? I can't put him in either category because it's all gray area. He was a part of this mess and as such he is responsible for it as much as Horiuchi and everyone else who was present. What matters more to me is what he has done since that day and how he has worked to atone for his role, if he has even tried to do so. From what I have been told (again I have not witnessed it) is that he spends time and is available to speak about the day and how things were completely and horribly wrong. He seems to me as a man who is willing to delve into the demons in his past to help others try to understand and not make the same mistakes. Does this negate his role, hell no. He's still guilty of being a part of the problem, but he's not that different from any of us. If we were in the same situation we would hope we had the inner strength to walk away, but how many of us could say with a certainty that we would have given up our careers, our friends, our duty on the day, all because of a moral issue we didnt even have enough information to form a full thought on. Do you really think they were told everything that was going on? That emotions were not high from being told a federal agent had already been shot and killed?

Ok so regardless of how you feel about the man and what you think about the incident and his time since, we know it was horrible and being associated with someone responsible for it is a huge negative. So now Troy has a guy most of us feel was wrong working for them. He was shown to not train anyone on anything but crisis situations regarding bomb scenarios. Is this the guy we want training our future responders? Well maybe yes and maybe no, it all comes down to what he learned that day and each day since. Is this the same guy who sat stone faced in that hearing or is this a guy who has seen his life hit bottom and cost innocent lives? I don't know Monroe nor what type of man he is. What I do know is EdSr. He went to war and did things he can't even talk to me about. I'm sure he has killed and seen the horrible face of war and yet I hold zero negative thoughts about the man. I revere him for what he did and who he has become. To me I can't condemn a man I do not know. Again, yes the situations are different and removed from each other, but the same basic principle is there. We are all human, we make mistakes, we often are in situations which far exceed our abilities, what we choose to do will stay with us forever. Does it mean we do not become better men? That we can't find redemption? I hope not, because if a day comes when I am in a situation like that, I would like to hope I could change and become a better person and move past something so difficult and life altering.

Steve Troy is a man of high quality. I know this because I've been on both sides of the fence with him. We had a problem that wedged us apart years ago and now we talk and enjoy a relationship focused on bring all of you something good. During our time of distrust, he never attacked me, nor I him. He was honorable enough to stay his course and follow what he felt was right. When we made amends and forged a new relationship he has been honest and honorable every step of the way admitting our misunderstanding was wrong. I have learned that he is a man of principle above all. If an anti-gun company threatened the community, he never shied away from fighting it. If it meant a loss of profits, then profits be damned. We all make mistakes and I'm sure Steve has made his share of them, but in the end I know he means well and cares about the firearms community deeply. Troy employees seem to be cut from the same cloth. Everyone I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to have gone over the top to ensure they are providing top service and products and being focused on all of you. This isn't always the case with companies, but it is something we see more and more each year. Companies like Troy are no longer unique, they are becoming the norm, but it's still important for us to know who is there for us and why and when a company can shine out and be an example to others, you notice it.

So back to the original question, what will ar15.com do with Troy. I do not know what the future holds, but like Steve I must hold firm to what I believe is right and I can not abandon a company to be torn apart over something like this when I do not know the man in the middle of the discussion. Is he a jerk? Is he a wonderful person? I do not know, so I can't condemn him or the company's decision so emotionless. What I do know is Steve, Troy employees, and the fact they have always made great products and provided great service to everyone in the community. That sways my mind to support them at this time. I would love to hear more, especially from Monroe himself, but that's not my call.

I hope you all take what I've said to heart and understand that I've thrown myself into this mess to learn everything I could about it and make my own decision. I've watched the video, I've read a bunch of stories, and I've read through not only the threads on this site, but discussions and blogs that are all dissecting this mess. when Jody was hired, there was zero excuse for it, my jaw dropped and I was upset. The fact Troy fired him upon learning about it shows a lot to me. It shows a company willing to do what is right. If Monroe is a good guy who has suffered and learned from the past, then sacrificing him to save face would be wrong. If he was just an asset or a means to business I don't doubt he would be gone. That's just how Steve works.

I apologize for the long winded response, but right now I can't throw Troy under a bus and I hope I've been clear as to why. Now this may change as people continue to make their case and bring more information to light, but with what we have seen out there already it's all based on putting the blame for Ruby Ridge on the shoulders of this one man. We will continue to allow Troy to be an IP here until such a time as we feel their interests are no longer in line with the best interests of the firearm community, our rights and freedoms, or the spirit of this site.

Et tu, Brute?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#14]
How did I miss this cluster?  I've purchased several sets of Troy sights, but after reading this:  Not again, not ever.  I will also be discouraging the few people I've brought into the AR world to steer clear of Troy products.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So he fed us j-fled and we should be happy?
View Quote

Don't troll me bro.

You know exactly what I meant.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There are emotional tie...
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Arfcom is brutal and doesn't forget anything.

I figure they'll bail before long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will Troy leave this site because it's clear they've become extremely unpopular here?

I predict no.

Arfcom is brutal and doesn't forget anything.

I figure they'll bail before long.

Not with Goatboy towing their line.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Goatboy, I appreciate you keeping an open mind and trying to dissect the issue to get to the heart of it.  That is exactly what we should all do, and honestly I think many of us have.

Here it is plain and simple:

The ROE for Ruby Ridge were FUBAR.  Other teams decided they were "crazy" and chose not to follow them.  Dale Monroe and the other HRT members on the mountain that day agreed to carry them out.  To march up that mountain and start shooting armed adult males.  No warnings, no negotiation, just hide in the bushes and start killing them.  As a result Mrs. Weaver was killed.  Had the HRT team been like the other teams, and chosen not to follow those orders she would likely still be alive.  HE can plead no innocence, he is a JBT at heart.  HE marched up there for one reason, to kill American citizens, when others in that same situation refused to follow the FUBAR ROE's.

That's it plain and simple.  HE and his partners are 100% responsible for carrying out bad orders that resulted in assassination.  Then trying to legitimize it afterwards.  He showed no remorse, no sign that he got into something he didn't understand, he said the shots were justified and he would have taken it himself.  I have no doubt he can spin a great tale about how bad that situation is and blah blah blah to illicit sympathy and gainful employment.  That man needs to apologize directly to Randy Weaver in person over this tragedy.  To get on his knees and beg for forgiveness.  Until then anything he says isn't worth hearing.

Fortunately, most people in LE are not JBTs.  Unfortunately, for the Weaver family, Dale Monroe and his partners were.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Posted this to all my facebook groups:

-snip- Please choose Magpul, Midwest Industries, Larue, or any other before Troy.

By all means. I covered all of the gun boards in Louisiana and East Texas. And now my FB notifications is dinging like a run away train.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes it is difficult to assess a situation clearly if you are too close to it.

It may be of some utility to draw back a bit and reflect on the totality of the circumstance.

I do not see anyone calling for the immediate removal of Troy from the site - everyone understands (well, some do) the nature of business relationships and contractual obligations.

There are many far more intelligent and articulate than myself in this thread who have eloquently stated the nature of the problem. Are they not 'men of quality'?

Consider for a moment that RR was more than a unique situation, rather a stark example of a government that has growing contempt for its own citizens. That may better frame the discussion.

Thank you for not locking this thread. It's an important one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Right now I can say that I do not agree with their choice, but I also am not condemning them to rot in hell like many of you. "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone" comes to mind in this mess. Sure Monroe isn't exactly a boy scout and is a part of one of the darkest days in this country's history, but it was 20 years ago and we do not know the man and who he is today. To assume he has not suffered over this mess and has not changed is a very black/white ignorant thought. We want this mess to fit nicely into a box, but it doesn't. There are emotional ties because of the pure evil of the event, but in the end is it any different than other mistakes made in all walks of life that end up costing an innocent life? Sure none of this is on par with the murder or an innocent, but Monroe did not kill Weaver, if he did then it would be cut and dry and simple to assess. The issue is he was a part of the mess and said in his statement contradicting things.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I predict no.

You're probably correct. Apparently, they hadn't logged in here for months prior to this. IP sponsorship, or whatever they were, is thousands of dollars a year. Not much to them, but enough for an advertising tax write off.

Right now I can say that I do not agree with their choice, but I also am not condemning them to rot in hell like many of you. "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone" comes to mind in this mess. Sure Monroe isn't exactly a boy scout and is a part of one of the darkest days in this country's history, but it was 20 years ago and we do not know the man and who he is today. To assume he has not suffered over this mess and has not changed is a very black/white ignorant thought. We want this mess to fit nicely into a box, but it doesn't. There are emotional ties because of the pure evil of the event, but in the end is it any different than other mistakes made in all walks of life that end up costing an innocent life? Sure none of this is on par with the murder or an innocent, but Monroe did not kill Weaver, if he did then it would be cut and dry and simple to assess. The issue is he was a part of the mess and said in his statement contradicting things.

I got to the part in bold and the rest became tl;dr despite my interest.  To compare the events at Ruby Ridge to lawful warfare and traffic accidents is significantly beyond the pale for me.  Honestly, it really pisses me off. A lot.  There's nothing else I can say without a ban.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#23]
On one hand I admire that GoatBoy puts so much time and digital ink into trying to moderate the anger against the indefensible.

On the other hand, I keep asking myself, "Why, GoatBoy?"

+1 vote for wishing troy the best in their future endeavors and banishing them.

+1 for PavlovWolf's idea of flooding the market with used troy shit to depress the market for their tainted products.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Good post GB.

You bring up a valid point.  Who is Monroe today?  Is he the same man that backed Horiuchi or has he changed?

We don't know.  Everything here points to what the man said and did 20 years ago.  People do change.

I'm withholding judgement until we know more about Monroe and what he is today, not what he was 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I wonder if Viking Tactics  will step up and drop their Troy carbine and co-branded products?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Understood. Formatting on a smartphone is even worse.

Briefly, Mr. Troy made prior statements telling people they couldn't understand the stress of a fluid situation.

His press release sounds reasoned, but you need to distill it down. His reason for saying Monroe is good is essentially "because I like him and I said he's good." That's not fact-based. It's opinion.

Money is what makes someone like that valuable. Networking, contracts, and the ability to tout their titles on brochures and websites. I'm not shouting for a head on a platter, so much as I want proof of good intent before ever giving them my disposable income. The opinion of a company owner without even redacted copies of training materials as proof of attitude is not enough.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is their video or officiàl written testimony where Monroe admits to wanting to murder these people?  I didn't read every page so if there is can  someone link it.
View Quote

There is, but it is 5 hours worth of testimony.  It can be clipped, but I do not understand how that process happens.  I have already posted looking for someone to do this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#29]
I've bought a decent amount of Troy stuff in the past, mostly BUIS sets and handguards. After this mess I can safely say I'll never spend another cent on Troy stuff.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's a nice bet of context, folks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVDOtm6eP5E

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I apologized below.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are emotional ties...

I apologized below.

CoC #6.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Has Monroe publically apologized for RR or admitted what he said in testimony was wrong?  It has been twenty years but I don't remember anyone on the government side changing their belief that they did the right thing to admitting it was wrong.  Publically saying they wouldn't do it the same way again, apologizing for lying, ect.  As far as the public knows, Monroe is teaching follow the orders no matter how immoral they are.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Good post GB.

You bring up a valid point.  Who is Monroe today?  Is he the same man that backed Horiuchi or has he changed?

We don't know.  Everything here points to what the man said and did 20 years ago.  People do change.

I'm withholding judgement until we know more about Monroe and what he is today, not what he was 20 years ago.
View Quote

I do agree with this. I would actually like to hear from Mr. Monroe, but I'm sure a statement from him will not be forthcoming.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good post GB.

View Quote

Some of us have actively tried to find recent evidence of that change. I want to believe they are doing the right thing. I've suggested copies of lecture materials, PDFs, PowerPoint slides, or even a small blurb anywhere to evidence that. It should be easy to provide that. I want more than Troy's "I said so" as proof.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Briefly, Mr. Troy made prior statements telling people they couldn't understand the stress of a fluid situation.

His press release sounds reasoned, but you need to distill it down. His reason for saying Monroe is good is essentially "because I like him and I said he's good." That's not fact-based. It's opinion.

Money is what makes someone like that valuable. Networking, contracts, and the ability to tout their titles on brochures and websites. I'm not shouting for a head on a platter, so much as I want proof of good intent before ever giving them my disposable income. The opinion of a company owner without even redacted copies of training materials as proof of attitude is not enough.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the same thing GB is saying about troy...
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it is. I disagree with GB and his assessment of the situation, as he probably does mine. Disagreement is fine, as long as it remains respectful.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The part in bold was my point entirely. Don't consort with white supremacist groups, deal in sawed off shotguns and ignore court dates and you won't have to worry about what he's teaching mil/LE at Troy Asymmetric.
View Quote

Paging NorCal: Dave_A check on aisle 3.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

BCM and LaRue didn't hire anti gunners and or murder advocates.  This thread is about Troy stepping on his dick.  Can we give BCM and LaRue and the others that have done nothing the benefit of the doubt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have BCM, LaRue, or Noveske said anything publicly on the subject yet?

I hope BCM and LaRue make the right choice, as I'm a big fan of both companies right now

Honestly, even though I'm not purchasing any more Troy products (I just realized I have one of their rails on one of my prebuilt uppers), I don't know that I can really fault LT or BCM if they continue to carry Troy products.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well done!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, here's a brief synopsis of Ruby Ridge for the unaware:

Well done!

Yes, excellent summary.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Why hasn't Monroe spoken in this matter yet ?

If he were  another man today, and regretted things that happened 20years ago we could understand Troy s position better..

But he is as silent as Wicky...
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose we all differ on what qualifies as sufficient proof.  Some of us need more convincing than others.  No surprises there.

Personally, I'm willing to yield that Steve Troy is uniquely qualified to judge the character of his employees, being the owner of the company and all.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I suppose we all differ on what qualifies as sufficient proof.  Some of us need more convincing than others.  No surprises there.

Personally, I'm willing to yield that Steve Troy is uniquely qualified to judge the character of his employees, being the owner of the company and all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because hiring weiss was a good idea?  I'm not saying he hired him, but he didn't have a problem with it until we did.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#44]
The issue of what Monroe has or has not done to atone for past mistakes isn't really the issue here to me.  Although it has become a sideline tanagental argument used by all sides.  Unfortunately,  it has only served to cloud the issue of the thread.

The CEO of Troy publicly stated that he feels that Monroe did nothing wrong on RR and that Monroe has sworn and taken the same oath to the Constitution that he has.  

Using RR and comparing anything in context to a sworn Oath to the Constitution is a major logical misnomer and PR mistake on a huge order of magnitude.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't think it's constitutional due to the closure of the machine gun registry. When you pass an excise tax on the trade\commerce of some item as part of the tax code, and then refuse to accept the tax, you've likely exceeded the authority outlined in the constitution by creating a de facto ban. IIRC Rock River Arms won a federal district court case on that argument and the US Attorney chose not to appeal. It was based on a full auto 1911. I'm not a lawyer or anything though. I tend to have a broader view of the scope of government authority beyond strictly what's spelled out in the constitution.

Is it a good law? Probably overall, no. But personally the investment value in the 2 machine guns that I have far outweigh any utility I might gain from actually owning\shooting new machineguns if the NFA were to magically disappear. You have to figure there are plenty of people with hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in guns that would be made nearly worthless overnight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're such an amiable fellow. Is everyone from Idaho like this?

I think I know a thing or two about rule of law and due process. I used to have to meet with the saranwal once a week to try to get him to actually charge people that were arrested. A country without the rule of law is chaos. I think you feel like the FBI transgressed against the rule of law, whereas I feel like the Weavers did. I do feel like I'm failing to convey how very, very little I care about the whole situation though. IIRC an FBI agent shot and killed Ibragim Todashev in his own apartment, as soon as the local cops left him alone with him. And you don't see people here up in arms about that... Not that I'm saying they should, but if you're going to get pissy about the FBI schwacking people, you could pick something more current...

Let's just get down to brass tacks, shall we? Do you think the NFA is constitutional and/or good law?

I don't think it's constitutional due to the closure of the machine gun registry. When you pass an excise tax on the trade\commerce of some item as part of the tax code, and then refuse to accept the tax, you've likely exceeded the authority outlined in the constitution by creating a de facto ban. IIRC Rock River Arms won a federal district court case on that argument and the US Attorney chose not to appeal. It was based on a full auto 1911. I'm not a lawyer or anything though. I tend to have a broader view of the scope of government authority beyond strictly what's spelled out in the constitution.

Is it a good law? Probably overall, no. But personally the investment value in the 2 machine guns that I have far outweigh any utility I might gain from actually owning\shooting new machineguns if the NFA were to magically disappear. You have to figure there are plenty of people with hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in guns that would be made nearly worthless overnight.

Good thing nobody felt that way when the '94-'04 AWB expired and (standard) hi-cap mags were available at reasonable prices again.

PS
Using money paid (and value gained) as a result of an Unconstitutional restriction as a reason for upholding said restrictions is the excuse of a scumbag.

I have continued to observe the things you've said through several pages, trying to find a shred of reason for your perspective...or an interest in freedom and liberty FOR ALL...but after your statement here, I don't think I'm going to ever see one.

*click*
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#46]
The lines are clear.  I do not asses Troy as being on my side of it.  That makes them my enemy.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#47]
I would also guess that Steve is a little pissed that his company went from being seen as a beacon of, "pro-2A that got screwed by Dicks and now everyone supports us," to, "Hey, they hired that anti Jodi,... AND they have had Dale on the payroll!  Oooh yeah! And they jacked up their mag prices during the scare..."  Might as well just sell the company now, or pull a "Change your name from Vulcan to Hesse" fandango.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Why hasn't Monroe spoken in this matter yet ?

If he were another man today, and regretted things that happened 20years ago we could understand Troy s position better..

But he is as silent as Wicky...
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Because hiring weiss was a good idea?  I'm not saying he hired him, but he didn't have a problem with it until we did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to Troy, he wasn't even involved in the hiring process at TA.

Since it's impossible for us to verify that, we can either take it or leave it.  He made it right in the end.  That should count for something.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in a career where people may die when someone uses opinion as proof of fact. I expect substantiation.

Law enforcement, particularly crisis and hostage specialization, is a career where people may die when someone uses opinion as proof of fact. They should expect substantiation.

Page / 41
Top Top