Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
We were restructuring in 2012. A quality individual (and single mother) was basically laid off until she found another position. My operation was short labor in the area she was skilled in. The union members all knew her. I let them know we needed the help and she needs income for 2 months. Union didn’t GAF. Their OT was way way way more important than the employees life. I never forgot and will never forgive.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

lol wut?

Dude, you're clearly not in the trucking business.   Read my posts, or, well, continue to act like a boomer on the internet.

Sometimes businesses are.. just mismanaged. It happens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol wut?

Own it, they caused the increase in operating costs and all of the economic consequences. Trump raised the real wages of the working man and Biden destroyed all of the befit that the working man received under Trump.

There is a reason the Big Government elitists are out to destroy Trump. Get your head out of your ass or the sand depending on how you came to your conclusion.

lol wut?

Dude, you're clearly not in the trucking business.   Read my posts, or, well, continue to act like a boomer on the internet.

Sometimes businesses are.. just mismanaged. It happens.

Yes, yes they are and mismanagement is almost always the culprit.    I’ve heard it’s the fault of banks and the unions.  

Usually those are reacting to shit management.  Ask me how I know LOL.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We were restructuring in 2012. A quality individual (and single mother) was basically laid off until she found another position. My operation was short labor in the area she was skilled in. The union members all knew her. I let them know we needed the help and she needs income for 2 months. Union didn’t GAF. Their OT was way way way more important than the employees life. I never forgot and will never forgive.
View Quote

I was laid off Christmas Eve so our management could "show pain" to higher management, despite being so undermanned they wanted me to work on previously award vacation, starting on Christmas.

Management also demanded retroactive pay cuts, awarded to them by a court order.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top