Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/10/2015 10:25:42 PM EDT
And put boots on the ground. Do you agree with this strategy?

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-trumps-plan-for-islamic-state-put-a-ring-around-it-2015-8
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
no shit.  how the fuck do you think they pay for everything
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. Maybe he would have the guts to launch some nukes there too
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link to story?

ISIS probably makes money selling poppy.  Agent Orange is what I'd drop.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link to story?

View Quote

Lot of poppy field in Iraq and Syria.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Link to story?

View Quote

They sell a lot of oil but from what I hear they  do not know how to run the refineries anywhere near their capacity.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Link to story?

View Quote

Possibly.  But it's well known they're making millions selling oil.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
But but muh arab springs!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, if you want an even bigger and more dangerous international crisis...
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#9]
No. It's like trying to kill ants after they have found their way to your picnic.

If you want to stop ISIS, then stop them at the source. During worship service, put a GBU-24 in the middle of every Mosque which is sending their sons and money to fill ISIS ranks and bank accounts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-trumps-plan-for-islamic-state-put-a-ring-around-it-2015-8
View Quote

Trump wants to take the oil from ISIS and keep it. What claim does the US have on that oil? For instance, the prosperous Baiji field north of Tikrit in Iraq, who did those fields belong to before ISIS captured them? The Iraqi govt, who aren't going to be cool with us taking it. Good luck pumping oil and shipping it out in a hostile country. If the US went back into Iraq and actually stole their oil it would be an absolute disaster.

We don't even need their oil, just pressure Saudi Arabia to stop fucking around with production and restart US oil.

Besides that, we're helping the Iraqis retake the oil fields. Google the killing of the ISIS finance minster Abu Sayyaf and the gold mine of Intel we got from it.

Trump a joke. He should have stuck to reality TV.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#11]
If anybody knows military strategy, it's Trump the defereminator.

Dude knows his shit. He fights wars with class. Pure class.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to story?

I'll take "What's that other country we invaded?" for $8700, Alex.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They sell a lot of oil but from what I hear they  do not know how to run the refineries anywhere near their capacity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to story?

ISIS isn't really operating then, they are in control and are contacting out to "friendly" oil local companies to do the grunt work while they collect the big percentages. But ISIS leadership are violent religious fanatics, not businessmen and the conduct has fucked up the market so they weren't getting full value.

But Baiji fields are no longer controlled by ISIS, nor by ISF, they ate in contested status, the whole town is a battle zone, so no one is pumping anything or making money.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe we can quit sending them armor and fighter jets.  
That's where I would start.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No. It's like trying to kill ants after they have found their way to your picnic.

If you want to stop ISIS, then stop them at the source. During worship service, put a GBU-24 in the middle of every Mosque which is sending their sons and money to fill ISIS ranks and bank accounts.
View Quote

"To stop American aggression, plant an IED in every town hall, college, and church in the country."

If this occurred, would this stop you from fighting the enemy? Would you surrender or volunteer to get revenge?

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which fighter jets is ISIS flying?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must be the A-10, that's why they're winning.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figure they will have the F-16s we sent to Iraq shortly.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're gonna get raped...
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In your educated opinion, when will the air bases that house the Iraqi Air Force be captured? Where are these bases?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Out of all the things you could do with airpower, cutting off oil should be a pretty dang easy one.

Yes, you will destroy some assets. But you don't have to take out much compressor station to turn off the oil machine.

Tons of the pipeline in the ME is above ground, or "buried" where its visible in berms above grade.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#22]
The Middle East seems to be gearing up to deal with ISIS themselves.

Who they focus on after that clusterfuck of tribalism and sect murder is anyone's guess.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

In your educated opinion, when will the air bases that house the Iraqi Air Force be captured? Where are these bases?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell if I know.   The Iraqis make it sound like they will keep them at Tallil with the Russian jets they just picked up.
If the base has US protection I figure they will be safe, unlike all the other shit ISIS has picked up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Out of all the things you could do with airpower, cutting off oil should be a pretty dang easy one.

Yes, you will destroy some assets. But you don't have to take out much compressor station to turn off the oil machine.

Tons of the pipeline in the ME is above ground, or "buried" where its visible in berms above grade.

View Quote

The biggest oil money maker ISIS had was Baiji, which they don't control anymore. So it's a moot point.

On top of that, it isn't ours to disable or destroy. They are nationalized ptperty of Syrian and Iraqi govts, both of which have air assets capable of taking them out. We don't have the political authority to do it without their blessing, they could just do it themselves and choose not to.

This isn't our war, we'll help but the locals have to run point.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hell if I know.   The Iraqis make it sound like they will keep them at Tallil with the Russian jets they just picked up.
If the base has US protection I figure they will be safe, unlike all the other shit ISIS has picked up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can some haji drive off with a F16 like a captured humvee or M113?
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Trump is exactly the type of class we need leading this country.

Nothing says, "Murica!!!"  more than Trump
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figure they can if we train them well enough.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

Because the other candidates are all proven war leaders, amirite?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, we're training ISIS to be pilots at the same time we are bombing the shit out of them. We've killed like 15-20,000 ISIS fighters in the last year, so clearly we need to train more, especially as pilots.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to story?

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#31]
"Mosul Seized: Jihadis Loot $429m from City's Central Bank to Make Isis World's Richest Terror Force"

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mosul-seized-jihadis-loot-429m-citys-central-bank-make-isis-worlds-richest-terror-force-1452190

half a billion in cash when they looted a single, large bank.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, we're training ISIS to be pilots at the same time we are bombing the shit out of them. We've killed like 15-20,000 ISIS fighters in the last year, so clearly we need to train more, especially as pilots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No chance they will defect like in the past?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/17/ex-iraqi-pilots-training-isis-fighters-to-fly-captured-planes-in-syria-rights/
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Trump wants to take the oil from ISIS and keep it. What claim does the US have on that oil? For instance, the prosperous Baiji field north of Tikrit in Iraq, who did those fields belong to before ISIS captured them? The Iraqi govt, who aren't going to be cool with us taking it. Good luck pumping oil and shipping it out in a hostile country. If the US went back into Iraq and actually stole their oil it would be an absolute disaster.

We don't even need their oil, just pressure Saudi Arabia to stop fucking around with production and restart US oil.

Besides that, we're helping the Iraqis retake the oil fields. Google the killing of the ISIS finance minster Abu Sayyaf and the gold mine of Intel we got from it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, $120/barrel oil was awesome. Maybe if you worked in an oil field, for everyone else it fucking sucked.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:52:01 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/17/ex-iraqi-pilots-training-isis-fighters-to-fly-captured-planes-in-syria-rights/

That turned out to be total bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"Mosul Seized: Jihadis Loot $429m from City's Central Bank to Make Isis World's Richest Terror Force"

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/mosul-seized-jihadis-loot-429m-citys-central-bank-make-isis-worlds-richest-terror-force-1452190

half a billion in cash when they looted a single, large bank.

View Quote

That's chump change for a wannabe nation state that is forced to buy loyalties of its fighters for $1k a month. Earlier in the year they were making $3 million a day in oil. But most of those oil fields have been recaptured since. At the moment, ISIS is seriously hitting for cash.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh.  Ok.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes, $120/barrel oil was awesome. Maybe if you worked in an oil field, for everyone else it fucking sucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I wrote has nothing to do with that. Saudi production is killing US oil. If Trump wasn't a dumb ass he would know that instead of sending in divisions of troops to guard captured oil and pipelines so we can steal Iraqi oil, we could just negotiate with the Saudis and force them to stop their shit, and US oil would make up for whatever we take from Iraq. Trumps suggestion is idiotic.

When it comes to national security, I don't care if you have to pay an extra 15 cents at the pumps.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:07:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Let's burn this bitch to ground in terms of national debt!
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Hillary assured me that those people just need Starbucks, Holister, and EBT to pay for it, and they will stop their Allah-fueled-bloodthirsty ways.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hillary assured me that those people just need Starbucks, Holister, and EBT to pay for it, and they will stop their Allah-fueled-bloodthirsty ways.
View Quote

So because she said something incredibly stupid it cancels out Trump's incredibly stupid remarks?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/5NsrwH9I9vE

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:17:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What I wrote has nothing to do with that. Saudi production is killing US oil. If Trump wasn't a dumb ass he would know that instead of sending in divisions of troops to guard captured oil and pipelines so we can steal Iraqi oil, we could just negotiate with the Saudis and force them to stop their shit, and US oil would make up for whatever we take from Iraq. Trumps suggestion is idiotic.

When it comes to national security, I don't care if you have to pay an extra 15 cents at the pumps.
View Quote

Meh Saudis are killing themselves, they need the money now to keep their country together... our efficient crews are still drilling and capping wells for standby
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#43]
What we need is another conflict.  We've gone too damn long without a war going on.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:37:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Meh Saudis are killing themselves, they need the money now to keep their country together... our efficient crews are still drilling and capping wells for standby
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last year Saudi Arabia had no issues with money and had a negative deficit, now suddenly they pump enough to drop the cost of oil three fold? It's not about needing money, they had more of it when oil was at 120/barrel. It's a price war. And it's really hurting the Saudi economy, just not as badly as Russia, Iran, and any other competitor they want to put out of business.

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:46:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Last year Saudi Arabia had no issues with money and had a negative deficit, now suddenly they pump enough to drop the cost of oil three fold? It's not about needing money, they had more of it when oil was at 120/barrel. It's a price war. And it's really hurting the Saudi economy, just not as badly as Russia, Iran, and any other competitor they want to put out of business.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they thought once oil hit 70 or below we would stop.  
We did not and I think they had to draw this out much more than they wanted too.
When they started flooding the market they started hiring US tool pushers and consultants.  They are deathly afraid we will become independent of their oil.
It's hurting China a little bit but they need the oil very badly.    They are buying up Iranian oil right now.  Not sure if they can take delivery of it before the sanctions are lifted.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We did not and I think they had to draw this out much more than they wanted too.
When they started flooding the market they started hiring US tool pushers and consultants.  They are deathly afraid we will become independent of their oil.
It's hurting China a little bit but they need the oil very badly.    They are buying up Iranian oil right now.  Not sure if they can take delivery of it before the sanctions are lifted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really don't think American oil is the target. The Saudi king is an ally of the US, more specifically a client. What he's ordering was blessed of by the White House and probably has more to do with bankrupting Russia to stop future military expansion into E. Europe as it is shutting down shale and sand oil in the Americas.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure, and murder a fuckload of innocent people too.

Go sit in the corner.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:12:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh come on, that was weak. A trained monkey could point the dogs of war in the right direction. Try harder.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#49]
The next generation of ISIS fighters are ready to go.

This is about all they'll need to keep on going.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:14:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/5NsrwH9I9vE

View Quote

OMG... HE MADE MONEY ON TV?!?!?!?

Cause that's like totally against the rules of Republicans and stuff and democracy and capitalism and yeah!!!!! fuck trump...

ETA

Get the fuck off your high horse.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top