Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Diabetes kills nearly twice as many Americans a year and medical malpractice kills more than that.

Why do worthless, no self-respect having dumbass, drug abusing shitlords rate so high on the concern chart?

#LetPeopleOwnTheConsequencesOfTheirChoices. 
View Quote
because diabetics dont roam the city pillaging in search of sugar, so they cant be used as a tool to force more government out of the people.

this situation is playing out as we speak up here in Alaska.  governor called a special session - 2 items on the list 1)combat opiod related crime 2) install an income tax.  

it was all precipitated by a shitty bill that turned GTA into a misdemeanor.  people are stealing cars, being released and then caught again the NEXT FUCKING day GTA'ng.  

they made pills hard to get  - step 1
Heroin use exploded - step 2
Crime doubled and tripled -step 3
people are shouting mad and the solution is... income taxxx yay

fucking government.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2017/10/26/opioid-arrest-insys-therapeutics-founder-indicted.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
What determines it to be an 'opioid'?

Like, is meth an opioid? Heroin? Pot?

I iz confuzed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I iz confuzed.
View Quote
opium derivative.  heroin, oxy etc.

downers, pain killers.  

a cash crop for areas with little to no transport infrastructure (Afghanistan) because the harvest from acres of poppy fits on a camel... as opposed to the harvest from acres of corn, which would need roads and tractor trailers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Diabetes kills nearly twice as many Americans a year and medical malpractice kills more than that.

Why do worthless, no self-respect having dumbass, drug abusing shitlords rate so high on the concern chart?

#LetPeopleOwnTheConsequencesOfTheirChoices 

#FentanylCuresOpiodAbuse
View Quote
FWIW, Sessions towed the pharmaceutical companies' line in his home state and passed the Kratom ban there. They must have given him a nice campaign donation. I trust Trump implicitly, and I trust that he will keep his pet Swamp Creature (Sessions) on a short leash. I believe he knows what he's doing with Sessions and won't allow him to have free reign.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#6]
It easy to point the finger and blame doctors for all of this. But a lot of those deaths are people who never had a prescription for pain pills they were just looking for the next best way to get high. If people thought thought there was a way to get high drinking gasoline they would do. Some people will do anything to get high.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
government needs to stay out of medicine let the doctors handle it let them decide which one of their patients needs pain meds
and stay out of their way.
View Quote
Absolutely correct.  ^^^^
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For fucks sake start letting the dumb shits ODing on this crap die instead of bringing them back to life over and over and over and over ........ and see if that doesn't put a dent in the numbers.

But, but, but every addict used to be a successful business man with a family, he got hooked by accident. This is the BS narrative i am tired of hearing.  Around here you know good and damn well the types of people using this shit.  Of 1000 addicts, 999 of them were pieces of shit before they started using.
View Quote
I couldn't of said it better.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes.  

When I did the whole gall-bladder thing, they sent me home with 25 vicadins.  (didn't need, didn't take).  A couple weeks later, when they pulled my stitches, the doctor tried to prescribe me 50 more...I told him flat out, that I didn't need them.....he said: "oh, you will....".  I took the scrip, in case he knew something I didn't.  I never filled it, but damn....

There is no doubt in my head that there is a problem with opiods, but I can't see a government program doing anything to help.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doctors do have a habit of giving out pain meds to easily imo.
Yes.  

When I did the whole gall-bladder thing, they sent me home with 25 vicadins.  (didn't need, didn't take).  A couple weeks later, when they pulled my stitches, the doctor tried to prescribe me 50 more...I told him flat out, that I didn't need them.....he said: "oh, you will....".  I took the scrip, in case he knew something I didn't.  I never filled it, but damn....

There is no doubt in my head that there is a problem with opiods, but I can't see a government program doing anything to help.
In the doctors defense...

Everybody responds differently.  Had you needed them i.e, were in serious pain and had a hard time coping with even basic tasks you would have wanted them.

On the other hand, if you said you didn't need or want them he should have listened.  Or you could have refused the script.

Doctors are generally in a bind, and "damned if they do, and damned if they don't".
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The biggest public health emergency is all the people that will be starving to death, murdering each other and committing suicide when interest rates rise and collapse this phony, debt-driven economy while simultaneously nuking the federal budget that has ballooned due to spending on stupid shit like this.

Never gonna happen though cause 'murica. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For fucks sake start letting the dumb shits ODing on this crap die instead of bringing them back to life over and over and over and over ........ and see if that doesn't put a dent in the numbers.

But, but, but every addict used to be a successful business man with a family, he got hooked by accident. This is the BS narrative i am tired of hearing.  Around here you know good and damn well the types of people using this shit.  Of 1000 addicts, 999 of them were pieces of shit before they started using.
But you could of said couldn't of better
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd take this more seriously if I weren't on hydrocodone right now.

As it is, my give a dam is busted.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Pot thread somehow..
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#14]
So long as borders are open - illegal drugs are going to come in...take pain sufferers off of the meds they need and they will go from doctors and pharmacies to street level heroin and fentynal which will kill them.

We don't see this problem in Mexico for example...why is that? We didn't see it to the same extent in the pre-DEA 1890's....why is that?

Yet the MSM and 'do gooders' mix in the illegal opioid problem with a legal opioid pain 'problem'. Control the borders and 90% of the problem goes away.

They already made opioids like Vicodin a schedule 1 drug which makes it very hard legally to get unless you have real long term pain issues.

Again making legal pain drugs harder to get will simply lead to a much bigger black market in which illegal drugs coming across the border will become the replacement for users....that BTW has already happened which is the reason 90% of users are OD'ing. Most of those OD'ing are not using legal drugs, but illegal drugs, yet I am not seeing that very real distinction being made. But in this case many users are seeking pain relief; which if you have ever suffered from long term and intensely, you will seek alternate illegal means if legal means are taken away.

Reminds me of what I've read about prohibition....where we went from people drinking beer to after a ban - to illegal moonshine which left thousands either blind or dead.

Those supporting this type of of action are supporting people going from regulated drugs and doses to illegal unknown drugs and doses...that is reality like it or not....the black market will flourish even more and deaths will increase....mark my words and study history. Again, control the border and 90% of deaths goes away...that is where the real problem lies.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#15]
It needs a catchy new name....

Whore On Bugs 2.0

Whore on Slugs 2.0

Hoar on Rugs 2.0

Something like this.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So long as borders are open - illegal drugs are going to come in...take pain sufferers off of the meds they need and they will go from doctors and pharmacies to street level heroin and fentynal which will kill them.

We don't see this problem in Mexico for example...why is that? We didn't see it to the same extent in the pre-DEA 1890's....why is that?

Yet the MSM and 'do gooders' mix in the illegal opioid problem with a legal opioid pain 'problem'. Control the borders and 90% of the problem goes away.

They already made opioids like Vicodin a schedule 1 drug which makes it very hard legally to get unless you have real long term pain issues.

Again making legal pain drugs harder to get will simply lead to a much bigger black market in which illegal drugs coming across the border will become the replacement for users....that BTW has already happened which is the reason 90% of users are OD'ing. Most of those OD'ing are not using legal drugs, but illegal drugs, yet I am not seeing that very real distinction being made. But in this case many users are seeking pain relief; which if you have ever suffered from long term and intensely, you will seek alternate illegal means if legal means are taken away.

Reminds me of what I've read about prohibition....where we went from people drinking beer to after a ban - to illegal moonshine which left thousands either blind or dead.

Those supporting this type of of action are supporting people going from regulated drugs and doses to illegal unknown drugs and doses...that is reality like it or not....the black market will flourish even more and deaths will increase....mark my words and study history. Again, control the border and 90% of deaths goes away...that is where the real problem lies.
View Quote
I disagree.

A certain percent of the population will always want to get high,and will do whatever it takes to do it,and someone will come along and provide it-sealed borders or not.

Do they still huff paint from aerosol cans?Redi-whip cans?

Inmates in prisons still make alcohol.

It's a never ending battle costing us trillions of dollars,lots of lives,and freedom and Liberty.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It won't be the addicts or the dealers that suffer but the chronic pain patients who have a legitimate need for such meds.
View Quote
 True. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It seems like a self solving problem if we would stop saving them when they overdose.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Growing gov't. It is the American way.
View Quote
Love your avatar.... Seems appropriate
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Sessions is a moron who need to be retired or fired.  I don't see this doing much to fix the problem and it may well make it worse as it drives up costs and decreases availability of a known quantity/quality medicine and addicts move towards cheaper and more available street drugs such as heroin.  Mexico is already moving away from marijuana towards the more profitable, and actually addictive, drugs anyways.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#21]
"Make grants available to those who have had trouble finding work due to addiction "

So we are supposed to give money to addicts so they don't have to work?  How is that supposed to help the problem?
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions equated the opioid epidemic to a personal failing by many Americans who cannot “say no” to drugs on Thursday, and he said that marijuana could be serving as a gateway to the problem.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Talk to the “pain is the fifth vital sign,” “customer satisfaction is good medicine” and the “culture of pain” people.

Regular docs never wanted it to be like this... but JCAHO, CMS, Press-Ganey, and innumerable administrators/regulators/accrediting-bodies have been on our backs for the last 20 years, demanding that we treat pain aggressively.

Well... here we are.  An entire generation of physicians have now been trained in this philosophy, and look where we are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk to the “pain is the fifth vital sign,” “customer satisfaction is good medicine” and the “culture of pain” people.

Regular docs never wanted it to be like this... but JCAHO, CMS, Press-Ganey, and innumerable administrators/regulators/accrediting-bodies have been on our backs for the last 20 years, demanding that we treat pain aggressively.

Well... here we are.  An entire generation of physicians have now been trained in this philosophy, and look where we are.
I've had more than one doctor tell me this and I agree.  Hell, I've been prescribed all kinds of shit over the years for pain management after minor procedures.  Most I never even filled.  4 Motrin worked just fine, albeit a little discomfort.  I don't remember what they prescribed me after my vasectomy, but I took one dose and decided that was it.  Did not like that feeling.  

ETA it was Hydrocodone.  Not sure if that's considered an opioid or not.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#24]
War on Drugs
War on Poverty
War on Hunger

Everything the .gov declares war on (domestically) we seem to get more of.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

downers, pain killers.  

a cash crop for areas with little to no transport infrastructure (Afghanistan) because the harvest from acres of poppy fits on a camel... as opposed to the harvest from acres of corn, which would need roads and tractor trailers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I iz confuzed.

downers, pain killers.  

Ok, that's what I thought.

Then why the hell does weed keep getting thrown in with it?

Cannabis is related to hops, which is made into beer.

By that logic, then beer is an opioid also.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've had more than one doctor tell me this and I agree.  Hell, I've been prescribed all kinds of shit over the years for pain management after minor procedures.  Most I never even filled.  4 Motrin worked just fine, albeit a little discomfort.  I don't remember what they prescribed me after my vasectomy, but I took one dose and decided that was it.  Did not like that feeling.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is.  Opioids cause some people to not like the side effects as yourself.  In some folks it causes a pure orgasmic high, flush of dopamine and pleasure they've never felt and they become truly, VERY physically addicted to it.  

As in the pain they feel from withdrawl is so bad its worth the risk of sticking a needle in their arm and putting some shit in a bag into their blood just to make it stop.  That is the kind of addiction we're talking about.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I will never get that guys obsession with weed. He's an out of touch old twat, no different than the gun grabbers.
View Quote
He should be prosecuted for conflict of interest.Clearly he is "moonlighting" for the Keebler Cookie Company as their elf.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Sessions is a dipshit.

While I do tend to agree with those who see this as a self-correcting problem, most Americans aren’t going to accept 63,000 deaths per year. What’s the answer? Hell if I know, but I fully expect the government to make the problem worse.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

because diabetics dont roam the city pillaging in search of sugar.
View Quote
Three words for you:

"Fat Acceptance Movement"
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It won't be the addicts or the dealers that suffer but the chronic pain patients who have a legitimate need for such meds.
View Quote
It’s called smoking weed
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#31]
War on Drugs 2017 and GO
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#32]
We have a stupid backwards government. (President?)
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It is.  Opioids cause some people to not like the side effects as yourself.  In some folks it causes a pure orgasmic high, flush of dopamine and pleasure they've never felt and they become truly, VERY physically addicted to it.  

As in the pain they feel from withdrawl is so bad its worth the risk of sticking a needle in their arm and putting some shit in a bag into their blood just to make it stop.  That is the kind of addiction we're talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I'll never get it, then.  It made me feel like Dave Chapelle's crack head character appeared.  Itchy, twitchy, couldn't sleep etc.  It fucking sucked.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I guess I'll never get it, then.  It made me feel like Dave Chapelle's crack head character appeared.  Itchy, twitchy, couldn't sleep etc.  It fucking sucked.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was you going thru withdrawal from just one dose. One single dose. Now multiply that times 1000 for somebody that used them for just one month for legit pain.   Oh and combine with fever, uncontrollable shaking, chills.

Look I'm not defending addicts but their pain is real. My only advice is you learned something about yourself. "I feel like shit if I take this, therefore I should never take it otherwise it will only get worse"

I'm not being preachy. I had a script for Xanax and realized it made me feel way too good so I stopped taking it knowing how dangerous it could be.

That's where the personal responsibility comes in. Stop the addiction before it starts. Because once the true physical addiction sets in the basal brain will take over. It will get what it wants. It will overrule the cognitive brain.

These drugs are very dangerous. They are great for pain but must be administered properly. I am not a doctor.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Don’t care.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

#LetPeopleOwnTheConsequencesOfTheirChoices 

#FentanylCuresOpiodAbuse
View Quote
Priorities. 
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Maybe we should declare war on these opioids.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Fucking Sessions is such an ignorant dumb fuck.

"Derrrrrr git dem doperrrrrsss!"
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ex-actly!
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Fuck dopers of all sorts.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I can't be the only one who thinks this is a political move to play the Dem's game of "who cares more about people".  War on drugs was stupid, but this takes the wind out of the sails of the anti gunners and forces the "lets care about people" agenda onto team Trump. It wins independent votes and shows women voters he cares. It's smart.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
hes not wrong heroin use is out of control in the recent decade I just don't know that agree with the traditional way of dealing with it. the war on drugs obviously hasn't been very successful but you can't deny that its a serious problem. Around here that translates to massive homelessness and then the city enables it by allowing public camping and homeless camps to pop up.
View Quote
Out of control by who?

I am sick of hearing this bullshit.

The vast majority of people in the US to not use illegal drugs.

This is not a crisis.   It is not an epidemic.  

Let those addicts die and get them out of our society so they stop sucking up public resources.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Pain pills are bad for you? Now they tell me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fucking Sessions is sucyh an ignorant dumb fuck.

"Derrrrrr git dem doperrrrrsss!"
View Quote
Eh, i kinda view it as the groomins standard.  It's a management style.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#48]
The DEA and the ATF should be defunded and that stupid war on drugs.  Prohibition didn't work and neither will this. It will hurt those who need it and do nothing to stop the illegal traffic. 

A local outfit is just cutting the amount of pills so now a person has to go twice or three times to get what they need and that is costing them extra doctors visits.....as long as there is demand there will be supply.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can't be the only one who thinks this is a political move to play the Dem's game of "who cares more about people".  War on drugs was stupid, but this takes the wind out of the sails of the anti gunners and forces the "lets care about people" agenda onto team Trump. It wins independent votes and shows women voters he cares. It's smart.
View Quote
I doubt he did it for political reasons. It's a very real problem and he's doing what he can to fix shit. Plus I think this was first lady's main cause. Much better than pushing organic shit into schools like the wookie.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The DEA and the ATF should be defunded and that stupid war on drugs.  Prohibition didn't work and neither will this. It will hurt those who need it and do nothing to stop the illegal traffic. 

A local outfit is just cutting the amount of pills so now a person has to go twice or three times to get what they need and that is costing them extra doctors visits.....as long as there is demand there will be supply.
View Quote
DEA's entire Diversion/Control/Enforcement Division budget is funded by "Narcotics License" fees that Doctors pay to prescribe the Pharmaceutical Companies' Drugs.

Stop and think about that for a minute. You think those boys want to lose their jobs, get laid off or deal with budget cuts? As more addicts are created, that is the DEA's incentive and gain.

So there you have the Pharmaceutical Industry and the Anti-Narcotics people profiting from an opioid crisis.

Win/Win for DEA and Pharmaceutical Companies, Lose/Lose for Patients and Future Addicts.

In that context, it's funny how both the DEA and the Pharmaceutical Companies want to dump millions in to their efforts to ban Kratom...why?

Because it helps people to quit the Narcotics that provide their paychecks.

Fucking swamp, it's ugly, dark and deep. But we've got miles to go, and for our grandchildren, promises to keep.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top