Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/24/2019 2:20:39 PM EDT
If Trump is successful which I have no doubt here will be, and ends the  opioid epidemic does that mean obamas policies started the epidemic?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Opioid epidemic is fake news.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I suspected as much. Do you believe the 70,000 people actually fell off the edge of the earth?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The only thing that will stop that shit is when all the users are dead
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
lol hot bi gun thread.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Too many rich/middle class white people started dying so now its a crisis.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Bathhouse Barry promoted it, but Dubya was the first big importer.  Give credit where due.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Their body their choice?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only thing that will stop that shit is when all the users are dead
View Quote
Self correcting problem
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sick and tired of people blaming "Big Pharma" and Doctors for this heroin mess.
The vast majority of addicts I come across on a daily basis took opioids recreationaly or without a script.  They didn't think they'd get hooked but they wanted that escape.  They knew what they were getting into and most were already abusing some other substance.
It's just a blame game so these vagrant addicts are victims, and yet another way for the Gov to get money from big companies
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If Trump is successful which I have no doubt here will be, and ends the  opioid epidemic does that mean obamas policies started the epidemic?
View Quote

Good luck. Should be right around the time when Mexico wipes out all the cartels and corruption from their country.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Too many rich/middle class white people started dying so now its a crisis.
View Quote
If anyone is dying from it, it is because they are idiots.

Multiple major surgeries at this point, on heavy shit multiple times for months....taper the fuck off and be done when its time.  You will know lol.  When the mind fog starts to eclipse the pain levels aka its not worth it anymore then tada stop and move to Tylenol and Nsaids.

This is all so much bullshit lol.

If anyone is stuck on it, it is because they either 1 are fucked 3 ways from Sunday and are in never ending intense pain and they actually DO need it.  Or they are looking for a fix aka abusers.

That is it end of story.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#13]
If not opioids, ‘twill be something else.  The flavor of the year is always changing.

I remember a scene from “Gotcha” where Dad thinks his son is on drugs, and is berating him.  “Don’t you see how you have stressed out your mother?  She’s popping Valiums like M&Ms”. (Paraphrasing, not a quote.).  Ironic because Valium was the current, middle class drug everyone was worried about.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#14]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Their body their choice?
View Quote
That's the way it should be. But like liberals, most here are quick to blame the doctors and everyone else except the user. It really shows that in the end we're all people, and we're all stupid.

Why does the Govt have a problem with it?

....lost tax revenue.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I suspected as much. Do you believe the 70,000 people actually fell off the edge of the earth?
View Quote
I believe the vast majority of them weren't killed by legitimate medical use of opiates to treat a validly diagnosed medical condition.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Just make it legal. I don't want my taxes going to any of this. Its none of the governments buisness.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
lol hot bi gun thread.
View Quote
I remember him before he got the TDS...

And yes, the blind followers suffer from it as much as the blind haters.

Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:41:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you believe the government will reward you for your blind support of their propaganda?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unfortunately it is not, I have family in the medical field and it is a very severe issue with people from all walks of life.
The number of people who purposeful hurt themselves in attempts get more opiates on a daily basis is a pretty good indicator that there is in fact a problem with opioid abuse.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#23]
The Sacklers bribing doctors nationwide for over a decade to peddle their shit while advertising it as "non-addictive" may have had something to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Concur.  Just fake news meant to get funding for some people.  Just like the fake Zika virus threat.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wrong
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#26]
NAFTA and offshoring created the opioid crisis.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you believe the government will reward you for your blind support of their propaganda?
View Quote
If the .gov announced a vaccine for opioid addiction you would be peeing all over yourself while insisting vaccination should be mandatory.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Stop wasting money trying to save stupid people.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I remember him before he got the TDS...

And yes, the blind followers suffer from it as much as the blind haters.

View Quote
I remember when you were reasonably minded

Glad you are still with us brother.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Stop wasting money trying to save stupid people.
View Quote
We must live in a different country because in my country, reality is we waste far more money trying to treat the addiction along with supporting families who are dealing with addiction.

It's a crisis.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Perhaps not surprisingly, your question has no logical meaning.  Person #2 ending a crisis does not "mean" that Person #1 started a crisis.
View Quote
Sorry your man term limited out
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If the .gov announced a vaccine for opioid addiction you would be peeing all over yourself while insisting vaccination should be mandatory.
View Quote
You got the wrong guy. Government mandating any vaccines is opposite of my desire

And what does me peeing myself have anything to do with it? Completely unrelated.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Stop Narcan abuse.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#35]
What opioid crisis?
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Meanwhile people with legit pain issues can’t get anything prescribed stronger than Ibuprofin.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
When this:

Looks like this:

Then perhaps we can have an honest discussion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What opioid crisis?
View Quote
I seen it on TV
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#39]
This might be OP's stupidest thread ever.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would have read this as a completely sarcastic statement if not for who the OP is......

First, there is no "opioid epidemic".  No more so than we have a "handgun epidemic", or a "car epidemic".

Using your logic, you should have no problem with the cries to ban assault weapons after the next shooting....I mean, something just has to be done right?  People are dying at the hands of these inanimate objects and we need the government to protect us from ourselves....right?  There is blood in the streets and it's all because of the guns.  We need to ban them and it will surely solve the problem.  This time it will surely work!!!

Second, anyone who thinks that there will ever be a single inch of progress in the war on drugs has to be completely delusional or just plain fucking stupid.  Those are really the only two options at this point.

We have been doing this for what....50 years now?  And what have we accomplished besides spending trillions of dollars, locking millions of people behind bars, using the WoD as a pretense to create hundreds of new laws that usurp our constitutional rights, and creating a massive black market worth 10's of billions of dollars and all the violent consequences it brings with it?  How anyone can still be so dense as to not be able to look at the mountains of empirical data detailing what an utter failure the WoD has been, is absolutely mind numbing.

Then, the same people who whine and cry about all of the consequences of this manufactured multi-billion dollar black market are the exact same ones who want to continue with the same policies that have created all these problems!!!  It's like living in bizarro world....even the folks who purport to love things like freedom and limited government still can't help themselves from doing their best impersonation of the rabid left and using the exact same liberal logic they claim to despise.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Unfortunately it is not, I have family in the medical field and it is a very severe issue with people from all walks of life.
The number of people who purposeful hurt themselves in attempts get more opiates on a daily basis is a pretty good indicator that there is in fact a problem with opioid abuse.
View Quote
Bullshit. The problem is with the junkies, not the prescription. *Works in the medical field*
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#42]
When he's done, maybe he can win the War on Poverty.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Man I live in a state that is literally ground zero for this shit and it is not a "crisis".  Is it noticeable that something is different, well yes of course but it's not a "crisis".  Here, the vast, vast, vast majority of the people that are hurt by this are fucking white trash so fuck them, if it wasn't pills then it would have been booze just the booze would have taken longer to kill them ... or the 3 packs of smokes a day .... or the meth ...... or the steady diet of McDonald's .... etc, etc, etc ....

the only reason it's even close to a "crisis" is because we keep bringing these fuckers back to life MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY.  This would be the perfect example of a self correcting problem if we'd just let Darwin do his thing .....

I have zero empathy for these people.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are absolutely right.  There is a huge problem with this.....if they were able to walk into Walmart and buy however much of it they wanted to we wouldn't have any of those issues.

Very good point.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Opiate crisis origin:  JCAHO—the “Fifth Vital Sign,” under treated pain.  Successful lawsuits against MDs who refused to prescribe narcotics inappropriately and the fanciful idea doctors must hand out narcotics based on an arbitrary subjective “Pain Scale” of 1-10 with everyone always 13/10....

We doctors & surgeons are supposed to practice evidence-based medicine, but non-physician administrators come up with the brilliant idea of scoring doctors on patient satisfaction—with part of our payment tied to “happy patients.”

You want the “epidemic” to resolve?  Let doctors do what their trained to do—follow OBJECTIVE outcomes and not subjective “patient satisfaction” scores where they aren’t “happy” until they get the drugs they feels they deserve.

Weak rant, I know.  I lived through all this nonsense that started in the early 1990s.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm sick and tired of people blaming "Big Pharma" and Doctors for this heroin mess.
The vast majority of addicts I come across on a daily basis took opioids recreationaly or without a script.  They didn't think they'd get hooked but they wanted that escape.  They knew what they were getting into and most were already abusing some other substance.
It's just a blame game so these vagrant addicts are victims, and yet another way for the Gov to get money from big companies
View Quote
timed released oxycontin that could be crushed and snorted was a beautifully designed vehicle to introduce large dose opiod use to folks who would never have tried heroin/needles. all you needed to do was to get doctors to prescribe it to everyone who had chronic pain in numbers that would lead to large scale diversion. this big pharma did.

without large scale mega-dose opiod availability, you would not have the current opiod crisis where big-pharma has bee replaced by the mexican cartels and chinese clandestine labs. there was nothing like oxycontin prior to its introduction. drugs like dilaudid and morphine (and dolophine) were rarely prescribed outside of terminal cancer and even those were not available in dosage forms that contained large amounts of an opiod like oxycontin. an 80mg oxycontin tablet is like 16 percodans.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#48]
The only thing that will stop the "Opioid crisis" is when people have something more important to worry about, like eating. Then.....maybe.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#49]
You are taking this god-emperor thing a bit too serious.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#50]
It’s not the drugs—it’s non-medical people who don’t understand risks/benefits with real life.

These are the same knuckleheads who ask “why aren’t we closer to smart-gun technology?”

Or, the idea that one more properly-worded law will prevent crime.

I don’t understand fanciful delusions—and people with them shouldn’t be allowed to create laws, policies, ad nauseum.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top