They have sold AR-15s at every store I have ever been to in a free state
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wal-Mart doesn't sell ar15s
I bought the last three here, three years ago. The closest thing they have is a wood stocked Mini.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s just... sucky

maga
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1) Surround yourself with the most rabid anti-gun people in congress

2) Have them out themselves of their real intentions for guns before mid terms, let them think it has a shot.

3) NRA membership spikes, R's get energized to fight back in mid terms.

4)?????

5) Profit.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Has he broken any other promises? There was just an article in Huff or Wapo to stir the dems up that flat out stated Trump is keeping his campaign promises.
View Quote
Agreed
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We made it through two terms of Obama and no gun control, and let's not forget those horrifying first 24 months in of his administration the Democrats had majorities in Congress.

I held my nose and voted for Trump, he wins, the Republicans hold majorities in congress, and 14 months into this Republican's presidency  ....gun control.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We made it through two terms of Obama and no gun control, and let's not forget those horrifying first 24 months in of his administration the Democrats had majorities in Congress.

I held my nose and voted for Trump, he wins, the Republicans hold majorities in congress, and 14 months into this Republican's presidency  ....gun control.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.
That’s exactly where I’m at.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Welp goes to show the media and their money now run the US
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Trump Suggests Lawmakers Are 'Afraid of the NRA'
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#8]
MAGA... lol
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@Trigger_GSP   We stopped amnesty twice back when people said "We have the votes" *cough cunt Schumer cough* more than a decade ago.

We did it by sending letters, mailing bricks, and lighting up the switchboards.

I know it seems like it doesn't matter but it does.

You and I may be just a pawn to them but they need to keep those pawns docile and happy or they won't be your pawns for long and these people LIVE to get re-elected.

Please, just take the time and write a quick email to your representatives (federal and state) and Trump.    pcsutton's thread makes it quick and painless and if it truly doesn't matter, you've only wasted a few minutes of your life.
View Quote
I've been doing that my whole life. All I get is a canned response, and they do what they want anyway.

I'm in no way discounting you for doing it, just saying it won't make a difference.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bingo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm, if only there had been a way to predict that an egomaniacal businessman with no firm principles above self promotion would have abandoned his campaign promises.

I mean, sure, he hasn’t demonstrated any commitment to conservative principles in his life, has promoted support for gun control in the past, and hasn’t even been faithful to any of his wives.  But, jeez, who would have thought that he’d cave so quickly on Second Amendment rights?

[/sarcasm]

I have always disliked Trump because it has been obvious from the beginning that he is a salesman who only cares about his brand name.  But I hoped he would at least keep gun control at bay for a few more years.  He even screwed that up.
Bingo.
Yep.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#11]
He was just at CPAC defending and standing up for the NRA and the Second Amendment. Now here he is pulling this? This is not the way normal people behave. This is not at all rational. I mean WTF?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Trump: Don''t Include Concealed Weapons in Bill
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In a way, takes pressure off State legislators, since they can say the Fed bill goes so much further that a State Bill is not necessary, and the State legislators don't have to stick their necks out.  Fed bill fails, and State pols say, "Well, it was their fault, not ours."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is only thing that makes me think he hasn't totally flipped his lid.   He picked literally the worst one in the room.  If he had just picked Manchin or some of the lesser window lickers, I would have said 'yep, we're 100% proper fucked.'  But the fact that he specifically picked her and then told the rest of them to load it up like it's a pizza or something...well, it at least gives me pause.

No R is that stupid to believe they can ever get re-elected while signing a Feinstein-level AWB bill.

In any case, back to e-mailing people again.  Feels like late 2012 all over again.  
that's what's getting me about the whole thing to. He is either entirely oblivious to any past gun control pushes or he's just patronizing them, yeah let's but it all in one grand bill, you know what would be great is if you add in some shit about circumventing due process so every court in the land will throw it out...

He's either fucking completely retarded or is really pulling some chess here. I'm leaning towards the former though.
When you add the above to what I've been saying about the very similar DACA meeting, with the Press unexpectedly being invited to be present, it begins to sound like chess.  I sure hope so.
Maybe you can remind us of that locally, when at the state level, Gyna says "Even the Republican President wants these guns banned".

This motherfucker has given every dem shitbag, in every state, talking points, and ammunition to castrate us. Fuck his chess, he needed to STFU, but he didn't.
In a way, takes pressure off State legislators, since they can say the Fed bill goes so much further that a State Bill is not necessary, and the State legislators don't have to stick their necks out.  Fed bill fails, and State pols say, "Well, it was their fault, not ours."
Have you been drinking Raf? Tanzi will shrug it off? Josh Miller will forget it?
Really?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I love what he's done as POTUS - but I am pissed about this , his frkn problem is.. every thing with him is about "making a deal" , even where there is no need to frkn do so.. he thinks for some damn reason , it's deal time,  so we give them bump stocks.. he thinks yes , I made a good deal.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#16]
If awb passes would that include upppers and parts?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Trump Says It''s Time for a President to ''Step Up'' on Guns
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Except we already know who "the most rabid anti-gun people in congress" are and what "their real intentions for guns" is. It doesn't matter how much the NRA membership spikes if over half the states are on the verge of passing anti gun regulations/laws... right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1) Surround yourself with the most rabid anti-gun people in congress

2) Have them out themselves of their real intentions for guns before mid terms, let them think it has a shot.

3) NRA membership spikes, R's get energized to fight back in mid terms.

4)?????

5) Profit.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Has he broken any other promises? There was just an article in Huff or Wapo to stir the dems up that flat out stated Trump is keeping his campaign promises.
Except we already know who "the most rabid anti-gun people in congress" are and what "their real intentions for guns" is. It doesn't matter how much the NRA membership spikes if over half the states are on the verge of passing anti gun regulations/laws... right now.
We definitely know who they are and what they want.  That's why it doesn't make sense to sell it all out.

Its not about outing them, imo.  It's about giving them false confidence that all their shit can pass so load the bill up, baby.  He keeps reassuring them he wants a big bill with everything in it--including Queen AWB herself.  He tells them he'll pass it.  He tells them don't be worried about the NRA--just load it up.

And then he specifically tells Scalise--twice--to leave CCR out.  Hell, he even had Feinstein so giddy that they had to bring a mop in because she pissed herself.   AND he says don't worry wasting a paragraph or two on bumpstocks...I got them.

Why would he do that?

Well you could argue that's he's gone full turncoat.  And that's certainly a possibility.  And then we're all fucked and he fucked himself out of ANY shot of re-election.  Gun owners don't forget and will punish you for years.  Ask some of the industry partners.    And R's don't win without the NRA/gun owners support.  Period.

Or you could argue that he's getting the Dems super comfortable and giddy to load it up with the Dem All-Star Gun Ban Wish List of 2018 knowing:

A) We'll do our thing and write and call and get R's to squash it
B) No way it gets through the house and Senate
C) Blame Dems for over reaching and loading up what should have been a 'quick and easy fix' with overreaching, unrealistic bills while defending Republicans "they even left out CCR, etc so you can't blame them.  This should have been easy but Democrats can't do it."
D) Gets all of them on record with not just UBC or bumpstocks restrictions but with full fledged semi-auto ban that makes the AWB I look like a little league game
E) Uses a fired up base to kill any hopes of midterm congressional flip and wishy washy women get pissed at the Dems for coming away with zip and stay home.

Dangerous game either way and even if it does turn out well, it's still going to have far reaching and unintended/unforeseen consequences.  But as pissed as I am right now, I can't see him tying that noose around his own neck.  Because if he sells us out, thats exactly what he's done.

Out of our hands now.  Just write, e-mail and call as many people as you can.  Let 'em hear you.  Loud and clear.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#19]
To be clear, I have no real worries at the federal level, but I have real, true fear for MY state, and others, and I fear he has killed us at the state level.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
after watching the video:

If this is 4D chess, Pence and Ryan are in on it.

And it is the biggest political trolling in history

or we are truly fucked and so is this country, and trump had a lobotomy.

I can't figure it out
View Quote
I don't want to take the blame off of him, but he did a 180 on a lot of things after the white powder incident.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've been doing that my whole life. All I get is a canned response, and they do what they want anyway.

I'm in no way discounting you for doing it, just saying it won't make a difference.
View Quote
@Trigger_GSP  You don't write the letters for the response; you write them because the letters/emails are something of a litmus test; a poll for legislation.   They look at that.

Even if you think it won't make a difference and even if it ultimately does not make a difference, please take a moment to send an email to at least your federal representatives and Trump.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
If AWB passes there will be millions of new machine guns.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Really? Holy shit. This is our reality now....
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just got this back in response to my letter at 5:26PM, Feb 28th.  I am in 3D chess camp.  I think he is asking them to put it all out there, knowing it won't pass.  I hope I am right.

Thank you for taking the time to express your views regarding our Second Amendment rights.
My Administration is committed to upholding the Second Amendment and defending the right of our free and sovereign people to keep and bear arms. Our Founders fully understood that the ability of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves, their families, and their property from harm is a hallmark of a free people.

Over the eight years before I took office, the Second Amendment was under continuous attack from policies that made it difficult or impossible for law-abiding citizens to purchase firearms. I have already begun to reverse this dangerous trend, and I continue to work to ensure that your Government is abiding by the Second Amendment and does not infringe on your rights.

We took first steps to restore the Second Amendment in February of 2017 when I signed legislation nullifying an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rule that would have allowed the IRS to conduct mental health investigations of Social Security recipients and turn their names over to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System.

In addition to administrative steps, I look forward to working with Congress to pass laws that will protect the Second Amendment from Federal overreach in the future. These laws will hopefully serve to further protect this key constitutional right.

Thank you again for writing. As President, I am steadfastly committed to protecting your rights and the security of our Nation.

Sincerely,

Donald Trump
View Quote
@jondelong

I may have skimmed over it but what was your email?

This vs what was shown on TV.

One of them is a lie.

Given what was said at CPAC, I'm up in the air.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#25]
What a fucking asshole. 4D chess my balls. He's pissing down our backs now and is going to call it rain later. He's going to find out why they are afraid of the NRA
in 2020 why he comes up 5 million votes short.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Imagine being Scallise:

Republicans win in an upset, spend months fighting to get through national reciprocity, get shot by rabid leftist, recover, get back to work, sit in that meeting where your republican president blows you off tells you your shit wont work and backs feinstein.

I'd probably just resign if I were him and go home and build a new wing on the ammo fort.
View Quote
My thoughts as well. Scalise is a fucking patriot. How dare that east coast, big city piece of shit laugh him down. That's the part that pissed me off the most.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like the media got to him. Are school shootings such an often occurrence that its really such a big issue and we have to take away everyone's 2A rights because of it?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#28]
what is the # 1 rule for the fight club?Dont talk about the fight club.# 1 rule for Trump on gun control?Dont talk about gun control.Stupid MF
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#29]
So no "poison pill"????
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#30]
What to know about an assault weapons ban, in 3 minutes
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is hard to watch......the AR-15 is new? where ya been Feinstein?
View Quote
The AWB being reversed is new, Bitch been around for the ban, then for the reversal of ban, and now gearing up for another ban.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If that’s true we are really fucked because nra knows and is bowing
View Quote
I just watched it. She didn't call him out like she does everyone else. Would not say anything negative.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
He was just at CPAC defending and standing up for the NRA and the Second Amendment. Now here he is pulling this? This is not the way normal people behave. This is not at all rational. I mean WTF?
View Quote
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and tacky taste.

Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#34]
dare i ask, what is DU saying?
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Trump is making people join / give money to the NRA. He is ending the division within the NRA making members focus on him to unite against him much like a military commander forms a cohesive unit by making everybody hate him, this after a meeting with the NRA, that he praises in one breath and then calls them a paper tiger in the next.

Trump is exposing the rabid left gun control crowd, insisting he wants one great big gun control bill, while at the same time insisting that concealed carry reciprocity is not in it and neither are bump stocks, other than that one big comprehensive bill.

The 'he's literally hitler' crowd is working with him instead of resisting, on national television, smiling with him, buddy buddy like. This will piss off all the #resist idiots.

He is having a bill composed that will never get out of committee, making sure it isn't done by piecemeal where some things might pass.

He must be doing this on purpose, others like Pence and Ryan must be in on it along with the NRA who is being quiet letting him do it without opposition.

I now think he is playing Trump politics, and the dems will not be able to recover by Nov.

or

we are deeply fucked
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Really? Holy shit. This is our reality now....
View Quote
No I’m asking
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fuck that. Don't give them that power over your life.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Worst timeline ever.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@Trigger_GSP  You don't write the letters for the response; you write them because the letters/emails are something of a litmus test; a poll for legislation.   They look at that.

Even if you think it won't make a difference and even if it ultimately does not make a difference, please take a moment to send an email to at least your federal representatives and Trump.
View Quote
I wrote my last email to any politician after he said he's banning bump stocks, age limit, etc. last week.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Trump is making people join / give money to the NRA. He is ending the division within the NRA making members focus on him to unite against him much like a military commander forms a cohesive unit by making everybody hate him, this after a meeting with the NRA, that he praises in one breath and then calls them a paper tiger in the next.

Trump is exposing the rabid left gun control crowd, insisting he wants one great big gun control bill, while at the same time insisting that concealed carry reciprocity is not in it and neither are bump stocks, other than that one big comprehensive bill.

The 'he's literally hitler' crowd is working with him instead of resisting, on national television, smiling with him, buddy buddy like. This will piss off all the #resist idiots.

He is having a bill composed that will never get out of committee, making sure it isn't done by piecemeal where some things might pass.

He must be doing this on purpose, others like Pence and Ryan must be in on it along with the NRA who is being quiet letting him do it without opposition.

I now think he is playing Trump politics, and the dems will not be able to recover by Nov.

or

we are deeply fucked
View Quote
Maybe wishful thinking but watching that video (muted), his body language leads me to think the first part of your statement is spot on. That, combined with the silence from the NRA, Pence, Ryan, et al makes me think it's that. If not, so be it and let them reap what they have sewn.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No I’m asking
View Quote
The lower is the firearm. If a ban passes, that is what is contraband. I will wait for them to come and get them, while others may turn in a little hunk of metal with a serial number and a horse on the side. Everything else except that little hunk of metal, is nothing but parts and pieces and not a firearm. That is all as long as the definition of a firearm is not changed.....guess we will find out soon enough.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and tacky taste.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/real-estate-developer-donald-trump-is-photographed-for-forbes-on-25-picture-id517242152
woo woo
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#46]
If Trump gave Feinstein the go ahead to include an AW Ban then why at the very end of the meeting is she asking Trump "what do we do about these weapons of war" and goes on to talk about people buying AR15s?

Here is a direct link to the full video with her comment at the very end.  She wouldn't be asking that question if she had already been given the go ahead for an AW Ban.  https://youtu.be/gjrWRDKKSCQ?t=1h1m59s
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#48]
When are we going to get a leader BIG enough to unite us all so we can march onward and end this crap.  I hope it happens before I get to old to be part of it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The lower is the firearm. If a ban passes, that is what is contraband. I will wait for them to come and get them, while others may turn in a little hunk of metal with a serial number and a horse on the side. Everything else except that little hunk of metal, is nothing but parts and pieces and not a firearm. That is all as long as the definition of a firearm is not changed.....guess we will find out soon enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I’m asking
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I gave up drinking two yesrs ago.

This shit has pushed me over the edge and off the wagon.

Down the hatch.

I feel ashamed.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top