Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/29/2020 5:05:06 PM EDT
https://www.wavy.com/news/national/trump-officials-end-gray-wolf-protections-across-most-of-us/
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP)  Trump administration officials on Thursday stripped Endangered Species Act protections for gray wolves in most of the U.S., ending longstanding federal safeguards and putting states and tribes in charge of overseeing the predators.
View Quote

Good.
Now lets remove the protections on those Canadian Geese bastards and their asshole vulture friends.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
End Canadian Geese and Woodpeckers too
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I should start hunting wolves.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Speciesist! Wolf Lives Matter!

Joe Biden will protect the Wolves.  Even the chumps.

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I've come to the conclusion that anyone who wants to pass on elk hunting to their children needs to start hunting wolves now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've come to the conclusion that anyone who wants to pass on elk hunting to their children needs to start hunting wolves now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What round for scary woods doggo? Inb4 .300RUM.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#6]
And grizzly too. Fuck activist judges that look at emotion over science.

I'm tired of my backyard used to create a zoo for the hippies that live thousands of miles away, all because they don't want them in their backyard.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Biologists don’t agree with you, including the ones who wanted the wolves delisted.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Completely agree.
Apparently (according to local loggers) a pack was spotted in W. Washington where we hunt deer/elk.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.wavy.com/news/national/trump-officials-end-gray-wolf-protections-across-most-of-us/
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP)  Trump administration officials on Thursday stripped Endangered Species Act protections for gray wolves in most of the U.S., ending longstanding federal safeguards and putting states and tribes in charge of overseeing the predators.
View Quote

Good.
Now lets remove the protections on those Canadian Geese bastards and their asshole vulture friends.  
View Quote

CANADA geese. They aren't fucking citizens.

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. Completely agree.
Apparently (according to local loggers) a pack was spotted in W. Washington where we hunt deer/elk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Completely agree.

Don't agree with destroying a native species for convenience.  Are they wiping out elk populations?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Canadian geese are protected?

I hunt those. They are not protected around here.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Where do I sign up??

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Does that mean I can start killing them here in Washington ?

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Good, now hopefully Wisconsin wises up because we are at about 4x the number of wolves the DNR wanted in many areas and introducing them was fucking retarded to begin with.

Shot this bastard yesterday from my treestand, surprised to see any coyotes around with how many wolves we've had the past couple years.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Canadian geese are protected?

I hunt those. They are not protected around here.
View Quote

They are, under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918.  Hunting is allowed by authorization of the US Secretary of the Interior/US Fish and Wildlife Service.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#16]

That looks like a yote to me wolves are some big bastards!! My brother keeps telling me stories of where he traps in north central MN where he would walk in to a beaver set and there would be a couple sets of wolf prints on top of his tracks like they were trailing him for a little bit. He usually only walks in with an axe and his trap/carcass hauler on his back i keep telling him he needs at least a pistol strapped on just in case.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Most of all put a bounty on commorants today
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh God, don't get me started on those little assholes...
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I breed GSDs, and 4 times in the last couples years when I have had a female in heat I have seen a lonely boi hanging around. I am not saying people should SSS, but I have never seen the same wolf twice.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That looks like a yote to me wolves are some big bastards!! My brother keeps telling me stories of where he traps in north central MN where he would walk in to a beaver set and there would be a couple sets of wolf prints on top of his tracks like they were trailing him for a little bit. He usually only walks in with an axe and his trap/carcass hauler on his back i keep telling him he needs at least a pistol strapped on just in case.
View Quote
Quoted from his post!

surprised to see any coyotes around with how many wolves we've had the past couple years.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Don't agree with destroying a native species for convenience.  Are they wiping out elk populations?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Completely agree.

It's not convenience and it's not wiping out a species.

Wolves are reportedly over-abundant in canada and alaska.

Wolves decimate far more than they eat and they are frankly horrible and vicious, they'll gut an animal and leave it to die and rot. They are very far out of their appropriate place in nature.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
End Canadian Geese and Woodpeckers too
View Quote

Death to grackles!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Western ARFCOM

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Good, now hopefully Wisconsin wises up because we are at about 4x the number of wolves the DNR wanted in many areas and introducing them was fucking retarded to begin with.

Shot this bastard yesterday from my treestand, surprised to see any coyotes around with how many wolves we've had the past couple years.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/87488/coyote2020_jpg-1659976.JPG
View Quote

Wolves and coyotes will live in the same areas.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Good.  There's a reason why wolves were eradicated.  

Some birds need reduction too like Ravens.  Black trash pickers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#26]
What round for wolf?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Biologists don’t agree with you, including the ones who wanted the wolves delisted.
View Quote

Fuck wildlife biologists.

They are the most brain dead people in the Government.

Every interaction I have ever had with a wildlife biologist, except one, was a joke.

My favorites were when I said I h=found Wolverine tracks in the middle of the Chequamegon forest.  I told a WB about it and was told there were none in Wisconsin.

So I set up a game game and got a picture of it.  Was told I was pretty much lying.

Just like the WBs telling everyone there was no way mountain lions were in WI, until game cams started showing them.

My bro in law has a place in Montana and in his area, the elk are gone.  Just gone due to wolves.

Areas in WI were stripped of deer for years until the packs ate them all and moved on.  It is quite depressing to walk up on a feeding area to dind bones and hair everywhere from multiple deer.

Fuck wolves and fuck anyone who supports wolves.  They should be eradicated everywhere in the wild.

The only place wolves should exist is memories and a few select zoos.

Don’t get me started on what they do to hunting dogs...
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

WI never introduced wolves, like most things fucked up, they came from out of state.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Wolves decimate far more than they eat and they are frankly horrible and vicious, they'll gut an animal and leave it to die and rot. They are very far out of their appropriate place in nature.
View Quote

This is a retarded lie people like to repeat. Wolves will kill an animal and then return for days or even weeks in the deep winter to feed. There is zero evidence of "sport killing" outside of idiots on the internet repeating the lie.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#30]
This is good news.

Wolves, Coyotes, it's all the same to me.

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's fucking awesome
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those are gonna get a smack down finally here in WA/OR.  They knock the hell out of salmon smolts.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post your citations. Show me the population models. I'm an elk hunter who has seen firsthand what changes they have wrought in an ecosystem and I'm a computational biologist with enough sense to shred any model that claims otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

WI never introduced wolves, like most things fucked up, they came from out of state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good catch, either way they should have eliminated the packs the found in the early 80's instead of track them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is a retarded lie people like to repeat. Wolves will kill an animal and then return for days or even weeks in the deep winter to feed. There is zero evidence of "sport killing" outside of idiots on the internet repeating the lie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You presuming I also meant they don't come back.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What round for wolf?
View Quote

6.8 SPC
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hog wash nothing holy about those bastards at all...citidiot talk.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Saw my first Wi wolf back in 1974 outside Ashland,WI...reported it to the DNR they treated me like a criminal...

Wised up to their game back then...

The huge wolves are the result of the importation of the "Buffalo Wolf" subspecies...which were never indigenous to Wi.

imo

Paging  @rfb45colt
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Does this mean that wolves can be hunted without a license al la coyote? Or that states can now open seasons?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, though the fuckin DNR might have "helped" them along a few times with relocation. The whole program was managed by activists, some of whom your statement likely applies to as well.

Amusing how most of the pro-Wolf comments usually come from folks that don't have to live with the damn things?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Every interaction I have ever had with a wildlife biologist, except one, was a joke.

My favorites were when I said I h=found Wolverine tracks in the middle of the Chequamegon forest.  I told a WB about it and was told there were none in Wisconsin.

So I set up a game game and got a picture of it.  Was told I was pretty much lying.

Just like the WBs telling everyone there was no way mountain lions were in WI, until game cams started showing them.

My bro in law has a place in Montana and in his area, the elk are gone.  Just gone due to wolves.

Areas in WI were stripped of deer for years until the packs ate them all and moved on.  It is quite depressing to walk up on a feeding area to dind bones and hair everywhere from multiple deer.

Fuck wolves and fuck anyone who supports wolves.  They should be eradicated everywhere in the wild.

View Quote

Predators have their place & help to create a healthy balance. Like anything they can get out of control, especially with two sides arguing policy who are both right & wrong on various issues.

Just like timber & forestry management, human intervention has gone through the extremes of bad policy for 200 years. The sad thing is the things learned in that time are used as a control paradigm for TPTB under guise of the economy or “conservation”.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Does this mean that wolves can be hunted without a license al la coyote? Or that states can now open seasons?
View Quote

States can now open seasons(or just allow them to be hunted without a license/tag) as they see fit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I breed GSDs, and 4 times in the last couples years when I have had a female in heat I have seen a lonely boi hanging around. I am not saying people should SSS, but I have never seen the same wolf twice.
View Quote

Family friend is a breeder/trainer/boarder across the river from you.

He's seen several.

I used to hunt a couple miles from his place. Hearing howls, on the way to the tree stand when i was a youngster, scared the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Los Lobos - Will the Wolf Survive? (Music Video)
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Good. Smoke a pack a day!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#47]
THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I <3 wolf threads. They're always full of facts and no emotion or internet rumors.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like my interaction with them.

I used to run a couple trap lines when I was in high school in the early '80s.

We started noticing more of these grayish dogs, coyotes, and they were not too afraid of people.

We let the local "wildlife biologist" know that there were coyotes around, their population was increasing, and could we trap them (they weren't on the fur-bearing list in IL back then).

He told us that there are no coyotes in IL and we saw a dog.

Next week, we threw one on his desk and told him he needs to find the owner.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sounds like my interaction with them.

I used to run a couple trap lines when I was in high school in the early '80s.

We started noticing more of these grayish dogs, coyotes, and they were not too afraid of people.

We let the local "wildlife biologist" know that there were coyotes around, their population was increasing, and could we trap them (they weren't on the fur-bearing list in IL back then).

He told us that there are no coyotes in IL and we saw a dog.

Next week, we threw one on his desk and told him he needs to find the owner.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top