Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It just doesn’t make any sense. He has to know he doesn’t have the authority. Is he setting up for an amnesty or something else?  He can direct sessions to grant an amnesty and register what is probably 100k+ (Or more) bump firing devices as machine guns?
View Quote
Exactly.  It isn’t going to happen, or at least happen in a manner that remains in effect.  EO is blatantly unlawful and congress isn’t going to commit suicide.   Just the logistics of banning bumpstocks is a fucking nightmare.  I really do not understand Trump here, because watching him comment today, he was dead serious.  Fucking idiot I guess?  He’s been smart so far.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

LOL.. Dude, do you even satire?
View Quote
Sorry, sarcasm meter is a bit low recently. My apologies.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Exactly.  It isn’t going to happen, or at least happen in a manner that remains in effect.  EO is blatantly unlawful and congress isn’t going to commit suicide.   I really do not understand Trump here, because watching him comment today, he was dead serious.  Fucking idiot I guess?  He’s been smart so far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just doesn’t make any sense. He has to know he doesn’t have the authority. Is he setting up for an amnesty or something else?  He can direct sessions to grant an amnesty and register what is probably 100k+ (Or more) bump firing devices as machine guns?
Exactly.  It isn’t going to happen, or at least happen in a manner that remains in effect.  EO is blatantly unlawful and congress isn’t going to commit suicide.   I really do not understand Trump here, because watching him comment today, he was dead serious.  Fucking idiot I guess?  He’s been smart so far.
4D Chess Move:
Write the most overreaching EO ever. About guns (happy Liberals).

Congress smacks DJT.

DJT can now go on EO slash-and-burn party. Congress along for the ride helping out.

A man can dream. :)
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@NoloContendre

Pure devil's advocate:

What if DJT were to EO this explicitly and intentionally so that it goes judicial.

The proceedings either strike down the EO ban for a variety of reasons (all setting precedence), and/or they effectively are forced to erode the 'unsupervised' and overreaching powers of BATFE as creating effectively ad-hoc and contradictory 'legislation'?

Heck, what if the ruling in effect forced to acknowledge the 'common use' of MGs?

I'm a DJT fan however I'm not emotionally delusional. Yet I don't believe this is isnt being down without some angle of advantage.

It could be be a Rahm ("never let a crisis go to waste") for our side.

Again just spitballing. But DJT Jr def knows the technical aspects of bumps, and that a bump wasn't used in FL. That gives me some hope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever. If he signs an EO against bumpstocks making them (unlawfully) a machinegun, I will file a lawsuit against him.
@NoloContendre

Pure devil's advocate:

What if DJT were to EO this explicitly and intentionally so that it goes judicial.

The proceedings either strike down the EO ban for a variety of reasons (all setting precedence), and/or they effectively are forced to erode the 'unsupervised' and overreaching powers of BATFE as creating effectively ad-hoc and contradictory 'legislation'?

Heck, what if the ruling in effect forced to acknowledge the 'common use' of MGs?

I'm a DJT fan however I'm not emotionally delusional. Yet I don't believe this is isnt being down without some angle of advantage.

It could be be a Rahm ("never let a crisis go to waste") for our side.

Again just spitballing. But DJT Jr def knows the technical aspects of bumps, and that a bump wasn't used in FL. That gives me some hope.
He's not that deep of a thinker and add in the fact the USSC will likely not hear it, we're fooked.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Why is Trump coming out hard threatening EO on something gun control related that would give him a ton of bargaining power?  It doesnt make sense to me given he is all about the deal.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Exactly.  It isn’t going to happen, or at least happen in a manner that remains in effect.  EO is blatantly unlawful and congress isn’t going to commit suicide.   Just the logistics of banning bumpstocks is a fucking nightmare.  I really do not understand Trump here, because watching him comment today, he was dead serious.  Fucking idiot I guess?  He’s been smart so far.
View Quote
Um... it's not that different from the DACA EO.

There is no legal underpinning for DACA.  It is a blatantly unlawful EO.  It actually contradicts existing Federal law.   But it is being treated as if it were a law in itself.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever. If he signs an EO against bumpstocks making them (unlawfully) a machinegun, I will file a lawsuit against him.
My man! Let me know if you need a PR campaign calling him out as a Kim Wannabe should he pull that shit.
there is absolutely nothing that would lead me to believe that, unless Sessions has discussed it with him
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what his son thinks...
The one that said this morning bump stock bad, 21 for evil gun good?
But likes silencers?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtSX1ahVIAADzYc.jpg
Bump stock ban son is Eric. Silencer son is Don Jr.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
By what possible EO authority can you reclassify the legal definition of machine guns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He just said bump stocks will be banned by EO/ regulation. What a dumbass
By what possible EO authority can you reclassify the legal definition of machine guns?
He cant, the law is specific

If he does there should be a court filing and an injunction judt like his immigration EOs
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It just doesn't make any sense. He has to know he doesn't have the authority. Is he setting up for an amnesty or something else?  He can direct sessions to grant an amnesty and register what is probably 100k+ (Or more) bump firing devices as machine guns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My man! Let me know if you need a PR campaign calling him out as a Kim Wannabe should he pull that shit.
It just doesn't make any sense. He has to know he doesn't have the authority. Is he setting up for an amnesty or something else?  He can direct sessions to grant an amnesty and register what is probably 100k+ (Or more) bump firing devices as machine guns?
Didn't Trump tie DACA to wall funding? Yet he is still hitting up the mex prez for funding. Like he isn't confident it will go through. Watch that fucker tie HPA to this new ban. He wants to pin the dems for any damn failure he can while looking like he is sympathetic to the cause of the day.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you think there is any chance of the registry opening in this environment you are smoking some really good shit...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if Trump gets ATF to declare that bump stocks make a rifle a machine gun....
And ATF has said "Once a machine gun, always a machine gun"
Does that mean you have to turn in any gun you ever had a bumpstock on because it will always be an illegal machine gun?
Or do they maybe get an amnesty period to register them as a new post-86 MG?
If you think there is any chance of the registry opening in this environment you are smoking some really good shit...
I don't believe it either.

But if it did happen and the left got the idea that every time they want to ban some new accessory it means tens of thousands of brand new machine guns become legal, they might quit hollering for gun control for a while.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#12]
What the fuck is trump doing?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sorry, sarcasm meter is a bit low recently. My apologies.
View Quote
No problem, it's been a bad all around.

Some don't like my sense  of humor.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just a quick Google search seems to imply that no new nukes have been made since 1990 (in the US, which with the trade restrictions on most firearms, would mean no cheap Chinese or Russian nukes), and seem to cost around $2-20 million to refurbish and keep usable. So lets say $10 million?

Though there is a limited number of people that could own them, and here is one of them:

https://www.dineshdsouza.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/soros-870x430.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless there is a constitutional amendment to restrict them (you know, using the process our founders intended for altering the constitution), if someone can afford them then why not?
Just a quick Google search seems to imply that no new nukes have been made since 1990 (in the US, which with the trade restrictions on most firearms, would mean no cheap Chinese or Russian nukes), and seem to cost around $2-20 million to refurbish and keep usable. So lets say $10 million?

Though there is a limited number of people that could own them, and here is one of them:

https://www.dineshdsouza.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/soros-870x430.jpg
Why is any of the relevant to my statement? The 2A is what it is. Who am I to restrict anyone based on prejudice, attitude, or wealth?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well, then we better goddamn well be vocal on this issue shouldn't We?  I urge everyone to contact the white house and hit the shit out of his inbox and phone.
View Quote
Done that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The only possible way I could agree with bump stocks being regulated is if the MG registry is opened and we can buy new MGs again. If bump stocks create a MG then they have to open the registry to add them. I dunno wtf Trump is doing but lets hope it doesn't go to an EO because that will set off a constitutionality fight and set precedent for future presidents to EO away even more of the 2A.
View Quote
NO COMPROMISE!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll donate. Let me know how.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just populist things.

We helped get him into office... we've apparently served our purpose and are no longer useful.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Screwing us over!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Trump says he's the biggest supporter of the 2nd Amendment then goes on to say he is going to ban a rapid fire device. He's very wobbly on the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why is any of the relevant to my statement? The 2A is what it is. Who am I to restrict anyone based on prejudice, attitude, or wealth?
View Quote
Honestly posted it to see if I could get some funny reactions or something from the "I support the 2nd Amendment, but..." crowd. What with the argument by the left that all AR-15s and "hi-capacity magazines" should be banned because bad people can buy and use them. And seeing as "Democratic Satan" would be able to afford nukes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Stepping all over his dick, and ours in the process.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:21:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The only possible way I could agree with bump stocks being regulated is if the MG registry is opened and we can buy new MGs again. If bump stocks create a MG then they have to open the registry to add them. I dunno wtf Trump is doing but lets hope it doesn't go to an EO because that will set off a constitutionality fight and set precedent for future presidents to EO away even more of the 2A.
View Quote
No they just won't be grandfathered in. They will be like the other states that have banned them turn them in or else.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:23:27 AM EDT
[#24]
About to order my new shirt.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Making Gun Control Great Again
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Exactly.  It isn't going to happen, or at least happen in a manner that remains in effect.  EO is blatantly unlawful and congress isn't going to commit suicide.   Just the logistics of banning bumpstocks is a fucking nightmare.  I really do not understand Trump here, because watching him comment today, he was dead serious.  Fucking idiot I guess?  He's been smart so far.
View Quote
Did you catch the bit at the press briefing today where Sarah Sanders said essentially "We will look at what can be done administratively and if nothing can be it will be up to congress".
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:30:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Did you catch the bit at the press briefing today where Sarah Sanders said essentially "We will look at what can be done administratively and if nothing can be it will be up to congress".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  It isn't going to happen, or at least happen in a manner that remains in effect.  EO is blatantly unlawful and congress isn't going to commit suicide.   Just the logistics of banning bumpstocks is a fucking nightmare.  I really do not understand Trump here, because watching him comment today, he was dead serious.  Fucking idiot I guess?  He's been smart so far.
That is not what he told the Governors this morning.

More wishy-washy back peddaling?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:32:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That is not what he told the Govenors this morning.

More wishy-washy back peddaling?
View Quote
The proper response would have been, "Congress drafts laws, the president reviews them and either enacts or vetoes them. Should Congress send me legislation I will give it the appropriate consideration."
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sic 'em!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:57:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's taking the path of least resistance.

We are the far right fringe of gun owners. He doesn't personally know shit about any of this shit. The people around him have told him that bump stocks are low hanging fruit, that no one is going to give a fuck about bump stocks and that this will be an easy win. They told him that this is a regulatory issue that he can fix quick and that his base isn't going to care.

The truth is that they're right. No one is going to care about this. The courts aren't going to stop him and even among the far right gun fringe (aka us) he's only going to lose a handful of supporters.

This is an easy win for Trump. That's the truth.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:58:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We are the far right fringe of gun owners. He doesn't personally know shit about any of this shit. The people around him have told him that bump stocks are low hanging fruit, that no one is going to give a fuck about bump stocks and that this will be an easy win. They told him that this is a regulatory issue that he can fix quick and that his base isn't going to care.

The truth is that they're right. No one is going to care about this. The courts aren't going to stop him and even among the far right gun fringe (aka us) he's only going to lose a handful of supporters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you are exactly right
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't even know what to think or believe anymore.

My take at this point: Let's get through the next couple months and see what happens. This is the first real test of Trumps 2A stance. The next few weeks will be very telling as to how the next three years will go in that regard.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:01:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Um... it's not that different from the DACA EO.

There is no legal underpinning for DACA.  It is a blatantly unlawful EO.  It actually contradicts existing Federal law.   But it is being treated as if it were a law in itself.
View Quote
And yet the courts are forbidding Trump from reversing it, and the Supreme Court has declined to enforce the actual law...wait for it...out of deference to The Process.

I don't understand why all of the sudden conservatives are looking to the liberal activist judges to stop gun control. Boggles the goddamn mind.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:20:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He just said bump stocks will be banned by EO/ regulation. What a dumbass
I think that’s the problem. He can’t create law but can EO how they apply or enforce existing laws, or something like that. He probably knows that.

If Trump goes retard over this he is just another swamp rat. It won’t take much for me to just say fuck it. He will lose my vote pronto. And the rest of them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 1:36:16 AM EDT
[#35]
If there's two things the ruling class want, it's cheaper taxes (done) and the peasants to be unarmed (TBD). Why care about 2A when you have a personal security detail?
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:11:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Soooo, Do we want trump impeached now?
View Quote
I don't care if Trump gets impeached after saying he was going to FIGHT the NRA.

He is setting himself up to lose the House and Senate by getting a bunch of R's to vote for gun control.

The impeachment "court" he faces will be one of his own making.

Pence is a good guy and EARNED an A from the NRA while both a congressman and a governor.

When Trump starts talking AWB after the next school shooting or sooner, I know I'll wish Pence was president.

Trump does not respect the Second Amendment and does not respect nor appreciate the NRA, its members, or Second Amendment voters.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:11:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I'm in the minority here but what I heard while watching the video was nothing more than Trump being Trump, running off at the mouth without thinking it through.  No different than putting Hillary in jail or building the wall or the countless other times he let his mouth get ahead of his brain.  I'm not ready to get all wound up and start marching on Washington just quite yet but I'm damn sure going to be watching closely.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:27:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Mind your own fucking business or go do something politically that impresses me, because I’m tired of all these worthless ass pieces of shit on the right that fondle their guns and use them as an excuse to not get involved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Mind your own fucking business or go do something politically that impresses me, because I’m tired of all these worthless ass pieces of shit on the right that fondle their guns and use them as an excuse to not get involved.
You really are a legend in your own mind. You should see a shrink.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:29:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Um, you smear libertarians on a fairly regular basis.  So I'm not sure why you're so keen to get libertarians on your side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they have the right to do it without being assaulted or set up by the government, which is far more important that whatever they happened to believe.

And you better give a fuck when it’s used as justification to smear and violently assault regular libertarians and conservative activist types, which is exactly what happened. We were held responsible for what happened on the other side of the country by people we never met at an event we warned people to stay away from, and it didn’t matter; we were politically active and right of Chomsky, which in their eyes made us equally complicit.
Um, you smear libertarians on a fairly regular basis.  So I'm not sure why you're so keen to get libertarians on your side.
Attention whore. He thinks it's all about him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:37:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Obama couldnt do it.  Trump wont.
View Quote
The GOP house blocked him, that's the ONLY reason.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:39:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump is angry with the NRA simply because they told him: "No" (and published it relative to opposing purchase age increases).

He is not used to hearing "no" from many much less from an organization I don't believe he actually respects.

He is an egotist and his ego is more important than his word or any sense of gratitude.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:52:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I promise to donate to the legal fund if you do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I promise to donate to the legal fund if you do.
Same here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:54:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Think about this; We're cheering Nolo for promising to sue Trump.

Wrap that around your think box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This right here is why we can be friends.
Think about this; We're cheering Nolo for promising to sue Trump.

Wrap that around your think box.
This isn't GD. This is some bizarro GD. I knew something wasn't right when I saw RarestRX and gym007 agree on something, and it hasn't felt right since.

I need to wake up.

Help.

Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:57:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 2:58:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Didn't someone threaten to call the Secret Service on a member?
View Quote
Yeah, that was me and the same guy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't know about the picture but I remember you being registered democrat. That's a pretty bold allegation, do you have proof?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now is not the time to be petty.  Don't waste time with stupid "I told you so" stuff.  I know it's tempting to do (believe me I know), but we don't have time to be children about this.

Write POTUS, write congress critters, organize and fight back against any new infringements.

We don't have time to tear into each other, we need to fucking fight this shit together.
Bullshit!!!   Anyone who has said this might happen during the election was called every name under the sun. And since then anyone who did not want to suck the orange cock was called a Shill or Share Blue, or DU plant or worse. Well you what, maybe some of us did not buy the whole Trump Train bullshit, from the start. And many said they would never forget anyone who said anything negative about Trump. Well that works both ways.
Damned right. Hell, a guy posted pics of my son and tried to fucking arock me.
Someone even went on some shitty pay site and falsely put my party as demonrat and went passing my name and address around.
I don't know about the picture but I remember you being registered democrat. That's a pretty bold allegation, do you have proof?
I'M  not a fucking registered democrat and that's according to MI Voter registration.
MY life is a fucking scam site where anyone can pay to alter details on anyone. No fucking where else shows that lie you just repeated. No, I will not give you my name or address to prove it so you can pull the same sort of shit.

I will also not pay 15 bux for a month of editing Trumpanzee smear attacks and doxing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:05:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:11:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds EXACTLY like Obama after Sandy Hook...
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Trump is angry with the NRA simply because they told him: "No" (and published it relative to opposing purchase age increases).

He is not used to hearing "no" from many much less from an organization I don't believe he actually respects.

He is an egotist and his ego is more important than his word or any sense of gratitude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OR maybe he's playing a bit of good cop bad cop with the NRA.  He takes a position of power and then lets the NRA flex their muscle and look like the good guys, thereby winning back some support and donations. Trump looks tough on "gun crime issues" but still doesnt actually deliver a ban.  Thats assuming he doesnt really deliver a ban which im 50/50 on right now.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top