Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Trump back in 1988. Crazy how he hasn't changed.

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Cruz is the only choice.  Trump gave money to the Clintons and voted for Obama.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because Ted Cruz is just another shill for the GOPe?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why anyone here favors Donald Trump when Ted Cruz remains a viable alternative is beyond my ability to understand.

I'm not passing judgement, but there is exponentially more evidence to suggest Trump is an establishment shill than there is to suggest the same about Cruz.

I'd certainly support Trump over Clinton/Sanders in the 2016 general election, but Cruz is as perfect an arf.com presidential candidate I've seen in the 15 years that I've been visiting this forum.  At this point in time, it makes no sense for any educated conservative who values the Constitution as the supreme law of the land to favor Trump over Cruz.  

GD never fails to disappoint.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you look past the poor choice of words in this instance Trump is 100% correct about Cruz.

For good or bad Cruz burned his bridges in the Senate. The question that needs to be asked is what changed after his tirade? Nothing that I can see other than a self-promoting rah-rah session for the benefit of his fan-boys.

LOL...He better win the POTUS job because even though Texans will send him back to the Senate time and again he will never be anything but a placeholder vote in the Senate....He will never chair a full committee and he will be relegated to mundane sub-committee posts for his whole Senate career.

Sort of how Ron Paul was in the House.
View Quote

I'll take a principled outsider to a RINO hack any day. The congress ain't a fraternity, it ain't a social club. It's a place where statesman are supposed to have principled debates about the future of our country. If being a principled conservative means he isnt point of the old boys club so be it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Cruz 2016.

All Cruz has done in the Senate is:

1. Try to get the left to compromise... on anything, to any degree. (Outrageous, right!?!?!) Meanwhile, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, McConnell, and boner huddle up trying to get exactly what Obama wants rammed down the throats of the American people with the minimum amount of public votes and political damage to incumbents of both parties.

2. Call a spade a spade. McConnell IS a liar and a total backstabber to his party, Kentucky, and the American people.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Trumps an egotistical, arrogant moron. No buddy but him is "smart enough" or "has enough energy" or "can negotiate like him".

The guy is a jerk. Time for the trumpsters to wake up and pull their heads out.

CRUZ 2016
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Only Trump can save 'Murica.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why anyone here favors Donald Trump when Ted Cruz remains a viable alternative is beyond my ability to understand.

Right, the guy who has moderate Republians publicly chastising him because he won't play big government politics.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Keep repeating the same shit.  Most people have already figured it out and moved on...

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

A few years after Trump is elected we will find out that he has some type of mental condition.

His kids will have done their best to cover for him, but the truth will get out.
View Quote

Sounds exactly like the shit liberals said about G.W. Bush.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The establishment fucked Paul in 08 too? And Gore in 2000. Bush was no different from Gore. Except getting us in another WAR. If they listened to Paul they'd know it's all our fault

Fox News Rigs Entire Debate To Savagely Attack Ron Paul

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The headline was a quote from Trump, and accurate to boot.  And I might add created by a Trump supporter.  What makes it "shock jock"?  The fact that you don't like it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that it? Lame ass attempt to get Trump with a shock jock headline.

The headline was a quote from Trump, and accurate to boot.  And I might add created by a Trump supporter.  What makes it "shock jock"?  The fact that you don't like it?

“The way he’s dealt with the Senate — where he goes in frankly like a bit of a maniac — you never get things done that way,” Trump said on “Fox News Sunday.”

WOW. He really "unleashed" on Ted. They should charge him with assault for such a smack down.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Keep repeating the same shit.  Most people have already figured it out and moved on...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean Trump didn't give money to the Clintons and vote for Obama?

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

“The way he’s dealt with the Senate — where he goes in frankly like a bit of a maniac — you never get things done that way,” Trump said on “Fox News Sunday.”

WOW. He really "unleashed" on Ted. They should charge him with assault for such a smack down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take it up with gym007.  He's a well known Trump supporter and the author of this thread.

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I say that?

I said people have already heard the shit and moved on.  You folks are like a bunch of broken records.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This. I don't want to understand it either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Cruz is the kind of candidate we've been waiting for for a long time, and there are people on this forum instead supporting a fraud who was recently a Democrat.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#18]
What's really pathetic is that Trump attacked Cruz for being too Conservative. Cruz has burned bridges with the moderates in the party because he won't play their game.

McCain, Graham, Bohener, McConnell....and now Trump.

He literally says the first demeaning comment that pops into his head and runs with it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Did I say that?

I said people have already heard the shit and moved on.  You folks are like a bunch of broken records.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I say that?

Ah, so if you simply ignore a charge long enough it expires and becomes irrelevant.  I think the Clinton pioneered that move.

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:54:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Well, I guess no trump-cruz ticket.

Lol
View Quote

I dunno. Trump doesn't question Cruz's principles, here. He basically just says he is green, maybe too reckless. (Lol, yeah, I know, from Trump, right? But bear with me.) Trump is selling the notion that Cruz's heart is in the right place, but he needs seasoning. What better place to be seasoned that at Trump's right hand as VP?

It would go just fine with the traditional 'VP as hatchetman', the guy who says things the president can't, then the president says, "Well, look, we're all reasonable people, and that's a bit extreme, but you gotta admit, the VP has some good points."

It's a good strategy for a tagteam.

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:59:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yep. Cruz is the kind of candidate we've been waiting for for a long time, and there are people on this forum instead supporting a fraud who was recently a Democrat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently you missed the Cruz vs Trump thread where the vast majority of people supported Cruz.

I think a lot of you mistake "not tearing down the current poll leader with nonsense bullshit" with supporting him over the preferred candidate.

I want Cruz but if Trump wins the primary, I will not be disappointed.  The attacks against Trump are, almost entirely, total bullshit from people who simply don't like his public persona for whatever reason.

-"Trump supported the Clintons!"  He played the political game to his advantage to get favors.  He gave money to and made friends with Democrats and Republicans alike when it benefited his businesses.  Historically, he has consistently supported Republican candidates for local and national office.

-"Trump supported an AWB!"  In 2000, Trump put a single sentence in his book saying he supported the existing AWB.  He has since changed his mind.

-"Trump supports background checks!"  Again, same sentence in the same book from 2000.  He actually said he supported a long enough waiting period for the background check to come back clean and was, clearly, ignorant of the NICS system because he's not a gun guy.

-"Trump was a Democrat until recently!"  Trump was a registered Republican until 2001, when he switched parties back and forth between independent/third party/Dem because of disenfranchisement and the fact that he was considering running as a third party.  Clearly, it was around this time that he got fed up with both parties because they don't represent their constituents.  Obviously, a lot of people feel this way.

I thought Liberals were the ones who take shit out of context and make unsubstantiated accusations against people but the horseshit being thrown at Trump on this site by so-called Conservatives puts them all to shame.  With just a tiny bit of research, the mud being slung at Trump doesn't pass muster.  If you want to criticize a candidate, by all means do it, but make sure your attacks are factual.  Otherwise, you look like an irrational fool.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ah, so if you simply ignore a charge long enough it expires and becomes irrelevant.  I think the Clinton pioneered that move.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I say that?

Or you could research the shit you're slinging and stop repeating the same lines over and over.

See my post above and here's an article from 2011 where Trump regrets his support of Obama after he saw that the "Hope and Change" nonsense was a load of crap:  http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Trump-Obama-class-warfare/2011/10/19/id/414955/

Donald Trump recalls with chagrin that he supported Barack Obama for president in 2008, but says he now realizes that those moving hope-and-change speeches were nothing more than rhetoric.

"I was his biggest cheerleader," the multibillionaire businessman told Sean Hannity on his Fox TV show Tuesday night. "If you go back three years, I'm saying, 'Do a great job.' I wanted him to do a great job. I still want him to do a great job.”

However, Trump said, "It's not going to happen because the first thing you'd have to do is end Obamacare. Businesses are going to close down because of Obamacare."

The U.S. economy is a disaster, and the White House is to blame, Trump said.

"I thought he was a positive person, always," Trump said of candidate Obama. "I thought he'd be like a cheerleader for the country. I think he is creating a class warfare that is a very dangerous thing for the country."

And the country "is blowing up" because it's so deeply divided, he said.

"I've never seen this country in this kind of trouble before, and a true leader wouldn't let that happen," he said.

Again, you guys love your one-line accusations against Trump but context is important.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:06:43 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trump seems scared of Ted.

Cruz 2016.
Cruz / West 2016

That would make liberal heads explode!

http://1jixmz4c8bdy3oeret3j4q7p.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/1891279_624326267621970_134685968_n.jpg

West voted for the NDAA. He's anti constitution.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trump is rich and owns stuff and is snappy and has reality shows and shit...that's why!

IMO, Trump is a huckster.  He is there to eventually be in presidential debates with Hiliary, then something will come out of the woodwork and she'll be in the WH. He and the Clintons go way back. He is a counter to make Cruz lose the R nomination.  Look at his 180 on guns as one example....just telling the right people what they want to hear until the time is right, then he takes a dive for Clinton.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:15:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Or you could research the shit you're slinging and stop repeating the same lines over and over.

See my post above and here's an article from 2011 where Trump regrets his support of Obama after he saw that the "Hope and Change" nonsense was a load of crap:  http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Trump-Obama-class-warfare/2011/10/19/id/414955/

Donald Trump recalls with chagrin that he supported Barack Obama for president in 2008, but says he now realizes that those moving hope-and-change speeches were nothing more than rhetoric.

"I was his biggest cheerleader," the multibillionaire businessman told Sean Hannity on his Fox TV show Tuesday night. "If you go back three years, I'm saying, 'Do a great job.' I wanted him to do a great job. I still want him to do a great job.”
However, Trump said, "It's not going to happen because the first thing you'd have to do is end Obamacare. Businesses are going to close down because of Obamacare."

"I thought he was a positive person, always," Trump said of candidate Obama. "I thought he'd be like a cheerleader for the country. I think he is creating a class warfare that is a very dangerous thing for the country."

"I've never seen this country in this kind of trouble before, and a true leader wouldn't let that happen," he said.

Again, you guys love your one-line accusations against Trump but context is important.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I say that?

Sounds like this Trump fellow has some history of making bad decisions in the political arena.

And the donations to Hillary Clinton?

And Chuck Schumer?

And Harry Reid?

And Nancy Pelosi?

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Geeze, before you repost shit, maybe you should do a little fact checking.

Check your shit before you post
View All Quotes
Ok, if it's fake, why does it agree with what everyone in theses threads are saying?

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Serious question, that I have not really seen addressed. Clearly Trump does what is best for Trump. He likes money. Thats cool and all. Should he win the election, exactly how does he plan to reconcile his private business matters with that of the Office? A businessman with the most powerful government at his command seems like a recipe for really bad shit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Sounds like this Trump fellow has some history of making bad decisions in the political arena.

And Chuck Schumer?

And Harry Reid?

And Nancy Pelosi?

View Quote

Conversely, there is something to be said for a politician who admits he fucked up and explains why he has changed his mind.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Cruz 2016
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#30]
1: Potray Cruz as the hothead firebrand conservative "too crazy" to elect.
2: Polarize conservatism. Rack up the votes between you.
3: At a brokered convention, use both candidates pull to pick Trump. Cruz becomes VP.
4: Everyone afraid to get rid of Trump because "the crazy guy" Cruz would take over (a long-standing VP strategy).
5: After 8 years, rebrand Cruz as the now-experienced, older and wiser Cruz who should be POTUS.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Conversely, there is something to be said for a politician who admits he fucked up and explains why he has changed his mind.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Chuck Schumer?

And Harry Reid?

And Nancy Pelosi?

Well see .... here's the problem. Trump has changed party affiliations something like 6 times in the last 15 years.

A cynic might look at his changing party affiliations, his changing political donations, is one-eighties on various topics and say "here's a man that really has no core convictions beyond doing what appears to benefit himself at any particular moment.:

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

And Chuck Schumer?

And Harry Reid?

And Nancy Pelosi?

View Quote

Easy, they're either New York democrats, California democrats, Nevada democrats, or leading the Democrats in the Senate.

Again, he made the donations to stay on the good side of whoever has power in the states where he does the most business.  He has made a shit load of donations to Republicans, as well, but that doesn't fit your narrative so you ignore it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:35:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
  Serious question, that I have not really seen addressed. Clearly Trump does what is best for Trump. He likes money. Thats cool and all. Should he win the election, exactly how does he plan to reconcile his private business matters with that of the Office? A businessman with the most powerful government at his command seems like a recipe for really bad shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no idea.  I would hope that he'll keep the two separate but we've seen massive levels of self-serving corruption by politicians in the past so it certainly wouldn't be the first time.  Bush/Cheney and the Halliburton contracts are the most obvious recent example.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:44:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I have no idea.  I would hope that he'll keep the two separate but we've seen massive levels of self-serving corruption by politicians in the past so it certainly wouldn't be the first time.  Bush/Cheney and the Halliburton contracts are the most obvious recent example.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So while most people recognize that Trump does what is best for Trump, there has been no speeches/tweets/grunts from him assuring people that if elected, POTUS won't be holding board meetings at the White House? I find it tasteless that Obama goes on all sorts of entertainment TV shows. I would rather not one up that with a POTUS using his influence to continue to run his empire. Running a business at Trumps level has to take a good bit of time. Being POTUS there isn't much free time. So which will he choose? Why has this not been a topic of discussion?
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Easy, they're either New York democrats, California democrats, Nevada democrats, or leading the Democrats in the Senate.

Again, he made the donations to stay on the good side of whoever has power in the states where he does the most business.  He has made a shit load of donations to Republicans, as well, but that doesn't fit your narrative so you ignore it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Chuck Schumer?

And Harry Reid?

And Nancy Pelosi?

Fair enough.  Let's consider the options here:

1.)  Trump agreed with the politics of Clinton, Reid, Pelosi, et. al. at that time and his contributions happened to coincide with his business requirements.

2.) Trump understood that the politics of Clinton, Reid, Pelosi, et. al. were destructive to the country, but his business interests took precedence over his concerns about what these people were doing to America.

3.) Trump really doesn't care one way or the other about right vs. left, liberal vs. conservative and was just doing what made the most business sense at the moment.

So which is your money on, because those are the only choices.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#36]

always classy

Donald trump can talk, but cruz can make fun and present an argument and debate. Plus cruz won't olay Trumps games.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:05:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

1.)  Trump agreed with the politics of Clinton, Reid, Pelosi, et. al. at that time and his contributions happened to coincide with his business requirements.

2.) Trump understood that the politics of Clinton, Reid, Pelosi, et. al. were destructive to the country, but his business interests took precedence over his concerns about what these people were doing to America.

3.) Trump really doesn't care one way or the other about right vs. left, liberal vs. conservative and was just doing what made the most business sense at the moment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Chuck Schumer?

And Harry Reid?

And Nancy Pelosi?

Well, first, let's do what you continually avoid and keep things in context:

Between 1989 and 2010, The Donald gave $314,300 to Democratic groups and candidates and $290,600 to Republicans, according to a Daily Caller analysis of records maintained by the Center for Responsive Politics.

Overall in the 2006 election cycle, Trump and his son, Donald Trump Jr., donated $77,200 to Democrats versus only $24,250 on Republicans. Looking back to the 2004 cycle, the pair donated $40,500 to Democrats and only $17,250 to the GOP.

So, first of all, it's not like he single-handedly ensured the success of Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, et al.  In fact, considering what he's worth, his contributions are surprisingly small.

I'll go with a 4th option and say that he saw which way the tide was turning and got on their good side while he could.  You make it sound like he put all the might of his billions behind Democrat candidates to help them win while saying "fuck you, America!"  I have a feeling it's more like "well, these fuckers are in charge now so I have to play ball if I expect them to answer the phone when I call."  
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Between 1989 and 2010, The Donald gave $314,300 to Democratic groups and candidates and $290,600 to Republicans, according to a Daily Caller analysis of records maintained by the Center for Responsive Politics.

Overall in the 2006 election cycle, Trump and his son, Donald Trump Jr., donated $77,200 to Democrats versus only $24,250 on Republicans. Looking back to the 2004 cycle, the pair donated $40,500 to Democrats and only $17,250 to the GOP.

So, first of all, it's not like he single-handedly ensured the success of Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, et al.  In fact, considering what he's worth, his contributions are surprisingly small.

I'll go with a 4th option and say that he saw which way the tide was turning and got on their good side while he could.  You make it sound like he put all the might of his billions behind Democrat candidates to help them win while saying "fuck you, America!"  I have a feeling it's more like "well, these fuckers are in charge now so I have to play ball if I expect them to answer the phone when I call."  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Chuck Schumer?

And Harry Reid?

And Nancy Pelosi?

Well, your "4th option" is in fact either option 2 or option 3.  Either he understands how destructive Clinton, Reid, and Pelosi are to this country but he was more interested in making a buck, or he doesn't understand and doesn't care.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Take it up with gym007.  He's a well known Trump supporter and the author of this thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was but you decided to put your 2 cents in.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:14:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Well, your "4th option" is in fact either option 2 or option 3.  Either he understands how destructive Clinton, Reid, and Pelosi are to this country but he was more interested in making a buck, or he doesn't understand and doesn't care.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Chuck Schumer?

And Harry Reid?

And Nancy Pelosi?

So, what you're saying is, you ignored the rest of my post.  As I said, he could have seen which way the tide was turning and knew that the donation wouldn't make any difference beyond getting on their good side.  I'll repeat myself once more and point out that he certainly didn't throw millions at their campaign.  Your 3 choices suggest that he seriously helped them win over a Republican because he thought it would help his businesses.  The amounts he donated don't suggest that at all.  They suggest that he gave just enough to get on the good side of the inevitable victor.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:19:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So, what you're saying is, you ignored the rest of my post.  As I said, he could have seen which way the tide was turning and knew that the donation wouldn't make any difference beyond getting on their good side.  I'll repeat myself once more and point out that he certainly didn't throw millions at their campaign.  Your 3 choices suggest that he seriously helped them win over a Republican because he thought it would help his businesses.  The amounts he donated don't suggest that at all.  They suggest that he gave just enough to get on the good side of the inevitable victor.
View Quote

No conservative of any principles gives a dime to Clinton, Reid, or Pelosi.  Trump is a very wealthy man by the time these donations are made.  He was faced with the choice of aiding and abetting the far left to make the next million, or standing on some sort of principle.  

He did *not* choose the latter.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:21:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:21:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Cruz 2016
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:27:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Well see .... here's the problem. Trump has changed party affiliations something like 6 times in the last 15 years.

A cynic might look at his changing party affiliations, his changing political donations, is one-eighties on various topics and say "here's a man that really has no core convictions beyond doing what appears to benefit himself at any particular moment.:

View Quote

Aye, not an unreasonable view, but as you note, cynical. Nothing wrong with being cynical. It's also reasonable, if somewhat cynical, to decide that one's interest's align with Trump for now and roll with that.

FWIW, I tent to agree with you, Trump is probably looking out for his own interests. I don't need to believe he is pure of heart to think what he wants will get me what I want, too.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:28:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:32:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:39:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I like his style!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I mention Ted was classy as hell, too?

I like his style!
Yup
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:40:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Perfect example of purposely being blind to the truth. Trump is for trump and he'll say or do whatever he has to, to benefit him. I don't want someone like that running the country. If he's the only choice then I'll vote for him but I pray he just fades away.
View Quote

My gut is that you'll get that, whichever party and whichever candidate you back.

Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:44:49 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Perfect example of purposely being blind to the truth. Trump is for trump and he'll say or do whatever he has to, to benefit him. I don't want someone like that running the country. If he's the only choice then I'll vote for him but I pray he just fades away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently you missed the Cruz vs Trump thread where the vast majority of people supported Cruz.

I think a lot of you mistake "not tearing down the current poll leader with nonsense bullshit" with supporting him over the preferred candidate.

I want Cruz but if Trump wins the primary, I will not be disappointed.  The attacks against Trump are, almost entirely, total bullshit from people who simply don't like his public persona for whatever reason.

-"Trump supported the Clintons!"  He played the political game to his advantage to get favors.  He gave money to and made friends with Democrats and Republicans alike when it benefited his businesses.  Historically, he has consistently supported Republican candidates for local and national office.

-"Trump supported an AWB!"  In 2000, Trump put a single sentence in his book saying he supported the existing AWB.  He has since changed his mind.

-"Trump supports background checks!"  Again, same sentence in the same book from 2000.  He actually said he supported a long enough waiting period for the background check to come back clean and was, clearly, ignorant of the NICS system because he's not a gun guy.

-"Trump was a Democrat until recently!"  Trump was a registered Republican until 2001, when he switched parties back and forth between independent/third party/Dem because of disenfranchisement and the fact that he was considering running as a third party.  Clearly, it was around this time that he got fed up with both parties because they don't represent their constituents.  Obviously, a lot of people feel this way.

I thought Liberals were the ones who take shit out of context and make unsubstantiated accusations against people but the horseshit being thrown at Trump on this site by so-called Conservatives puts them all to shame.  With just a tiny bit of research, the mud being slung at Trump doesn't pass muster.  If you want to criticize a candidate, by all means do it, but make sure your attacks are factual.  Otherwise, you look like an irrational fool.

Blind to the truth, my ass.

I'd love to see Cruz take the lead and Trump fade away but he isn't the "devil in disguise" that people make him out to be.  That is my entire point and there is nothing that proves me wrong.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top