Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I avoided it thinking it would be schlock but I have to admit I've been entertained by Stallone's over the top mob capo role.

Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never liked that guy. Too much a typical jersey guido. His momma loves him and he knows a guy who knows a guy.
View Quote

I worked for a company that relocated a few thousand people from NJ to MD a number of years ago.

The Gen Xers are all like that.

My favorite example was a guy who bragged about having a connection for leaf blowers.
Two weeks later, he's got a new Stihl backpack and laughing about how much of a deal he got from his "guy," including telling us the dollar amount.
I had the same Stihl at home, he paid more than I did at the store.

Many of the relocated employees quickly quit to work back in NJ because they couldn't handle the lack of beaches or being 2-3 hours away from their families.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Totally stupid.

He walks into a store and knocks out a guy with a can and they do not call the cops because he is a tough guy?

He would be back in prison for another 25.

What horseshit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Totally stupid.

He walks into a store and knocks out a guy with a can and they do not call the cops because he is a tough guy?

What horseshit.
View Quote

Next thing you'll tell me is how impossible it is for a lone barefoot NYPD cop, armed with nothing more than a Beretta 9mm, to take down a whole terrorist cell, armed with automatic and anti-armor weapons, in a Los Angeles high rise during a Christmas party.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Sylvester Stallone's Tulsa King Pilot Episode 1 Review | Michael Franzese
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Totally stupid.

What horseshit.
View Quote

The security guard was weak and the others were stoners.

The owner realized that he could help him protect his money from the Feds.

You'd be surprised what gumption and a little violence will accomplish.

But nah, "totally stupid".

I guess don't watch it?
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lots of weird stuff happens in Oklahoma.  

That being said.  I haven't owned a TV in years, and abandoned cable way before that.  I don't understand wasting so much time watching people that probably hate my mere existence.
View Quote

I lived in OK for 3 years. I miss it.

Some places def get weird
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I guess don't watch it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Totally stupid.

What horseshit.

I guess don't watch it?
If that was your store, once the security guy was on the  floor you would have reached into your drawer and emptied your gun.

Pussies generally do not get in the drug selling business even legal ones.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's coming
View Quote

Excellent, we'll watch it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2022 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's coming

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
So far I like it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Dig it so far.

Has a bit of an Ozark or Goliath vibe. Can’t quite put my finger on it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Mrs Rabinowitz and I are enjoying it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I lived in OKC/Edmond for three years. My old boss tried to tell me there are it-talians and ah-talians. I told him there are Italians and the difference is the individual person's pronunciation. He insisted they were different people. I thought good god, where the fuck did I just relocate to. We squared things away once I asked him where the ah-talians were from.

We are three episodes in and no one has mentioned ranch dressing or blessed anyone's heart. No one is complaining about the weather. IDK about that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#15]
It isn't that great, the entire fish out of water plot along with the supporting elements for it are substandard. The writing is lazy, the acting is subpar, and the direction it is going it too predictable. I've seen worse, but I've seen far better.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Totally stupid.

What horseshit.
View Quote

Agree.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I watched it last night out of boredom.

The family would have whacked him

The pot shop would have called the cops

The driver would have took the cash and kept going

Even the homeless in Seattle wouldn't have stayed in that motel

It's a hard no for me. I may watch out of total boredom but it's no Yellowstone, not even close y.

View Quote

Wow my exact takeaway

First episode was on YouTube and I realized I don’t want paramount
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm hoping Sheridan get the Bass Reeves series going with the quickness.

Tell you one thing, for a producer/director/writer in his 50's, the motherfucker looks damn good. I hope I look like him when I'm 52, because I damn sure don't look that good at 48. I'd do him.

Yep. There have been members here who worked on the rez and have posted about life there. The media paints a different picture than reality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm hoping Sheridan get the Bass Reeves series going with the quickness.

Tell you one thing, for a producer/director/writer in his 50's, the motherfucker looks damn good. I hope I look like him when I'm 52, because I damn sure don't look that good at 48. I'd do him.
Horseshit. There are massive amounts of rape, incest, and domestic violence in the native communities.

Yep. There have been members here who worked on the rez and have posted about life there. The media paints a different picture than reality.
In my travels, the reservations are a mix between abject third world dysfunctional closed off societal favalas with a few well off ruling elites or a typical day HOA with paved roads, educated folk, and a normal appearance with a closed minded community that is suspicious of outsiders.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Taylor Sheridan is the best writer in Hollywood right now.  I wasn't a big fan of 1883, thought the blonde was way, WAY too unrealistically progressive/woke, but I've liked enough of his work that I'll give anything he does a try.

View Quote
He is better at writing screen plays for films. He runs out of tropes to peddle if it is a TV show. The longer format for shows means it becomes harder to keep things interesting.
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I watched it last night out of boredom.

The family would have whacked him

The pot shop would have called the cops

The driver would have took the cash and kept going

Even the homeless in Seattle wouldn't have stayed in that motel

It's a hard no for me. I may watch out of total boredom but it's no Yellowstone, not even close y.
View Quote

Based on my (very) limited knowledge of storyline/scriptwriting/producing, the biggest difference I see between this and Yellowstone is that Tulsa King only seems to(so far) have one storyline going on.  In Yellowstone, you could conceivably have an entire episode without even seeing John Dutton. Hell,... Monica, Beth, and Jamie could each dominate a single episode.  What makes that enjoyable for me is the way the storylines of each of them come back to intertwine into a new direction.  Tulsa King so far lacks that, and I don't see the potential for that developing.

Link Posted: 12/19/2022 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#21]
LOL I just realized Stallone's daughter is Tittyana Zappardino from the NewDayUSA commercials!
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Watched the first episode. He'd have gotten shot at least three times if this wasn't some silly fantasy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

26 years is a huge age gap
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was thinking she was old as hell to be so creeped out by it. And she's only a couple of years younger than me.

But would I bang a 75 year old woman? On paper, no. But if I did and I liked it would I go back again? Maybe I would.

26 years is a huge age gap

Meh. Half your age plus 7.

The actress is damn near 50. Not like she’s 22.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#24]
This show is clearly more for the Tom Selleck Blue Bloods viewer demographic of 70 year old retirees. The pacing, writing, etc.... reminds me more of 1980s television than today. It is like watching a bad b-movie because it is so bad, it is funny.

Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Next thing you'll tell me is how impossible it is for a lone barefoot NYPD cop, armed with nothing more than a Beretta 9mm, to take down a whole terrorist cell, armed with automatic and anti-armor weapons, in a Los Angeles high rise during a Christmas party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Totally stupid.

What horseshit.

They weren’t terrorists. They were thieves.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus man...Spoiler Alert
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They weren’t terrorists. They were thieves.
View Quote

Quoted:

Jesus man...Spoiler Alert
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Totally stupid.

What horseshit.

Agree.

Walks into a store where a bunch of stoner tards are making money hand over fist. Decides to steal from them for "protection" instead of using some brain cells to team up and expand their business legally, thus making tons of money legally and not even risking going back to prison.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:39:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow, the firefight in the bar in the latest episode was pretty intense. Show's getting pretty good.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:49:04 AM EDT
[#30]
I like it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:00:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Entertaining for now, not so sure if it will be that way in Season 6.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Entertaining for now, not so sure if it will be that way in Season 6.
View Quote

Read somewhere, Stallone isn't sure he wants to do season 2, let alone 6. Evidently filming a TV series in Oklahoma heat sucks in your 70s.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 7:15:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The preview/trailer is terrible, and they keep playing it. I can't imagine listening to him talk for a whole show in that voice, let alone a whole season.
View Quote

Yep.  Even for Stallone that was off putting.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Another Taylor Sheridan show? The dude can write a damn good first season, but JFC, he needs to pick 2-3 and stick to those vs being a fucking spaz with 6+ shows at a time.

Kharn
View Quote

He’s the new Stephen J. Cannell…..
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If that was your store, once the security guy was on the  floor you would have reached into your drawer and emptied your gun.

Pussies generally do not get in the drug selling business even legal ones.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#36]
It's actually enjoyable.

Dana Delany is a let down, did she have botox or something? It's like her face doesn't move. I yearn for the days of China Beach DD and that flick where she showed tits and bush.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm caught up on the series now.  Definitely not an award winner but it's pretty damn entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's actually enjoyable.

Dana Delany is a let down, did she have botox or something? It's like her face doesn't move. I yearn for the days of China Beach DD and that flick where she showed tits and bush.
View Quote

Exit to Eden? Where she plays a Mistress that runs an S&M island??
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's actually enjoyable.

View Quote

She's almost 70.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#40]
It def has parts that are not believable, but I still find it pretty entertaining...
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#41]
It's watchable.  I hope this is Stallone's swan song cuz he's geezin'.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It def has parts that are not believable, but I still find it pretty entertaining...
View Quote

Its getting worse with the unbelievable! - Seems like the first few episodes - it was higher on the drama, took itself more seriously Jokes and comedy were not the priority, but it did use a lot of them.  

The previous to last episode with him training the crew on how to shoot (as if a NY ex con is going to teach OK-ies how to shoot??)  was written like an 80s episode of the A-team where Hannibal gets BA to train the local townies how to fight.  It just seem to jump a shark.  Dramatic dialogue with the "Grace" character saying - we just want someone to say sorry for messing up our lives

The confrontation when the NY mob boss comes to town was laughable.  ANother scene out of the 80s A-team episode.  Was there a writer strike between episodes?

Also:

-For some odd reason - Three Months After a murderous rampage he has had no rehearsal or preparations with any legal counsel or alibi's?  So we are supposed to still think he is actually in the mob with experience going through a  past legal trial for a high crime and didn't counsel up? Merely for the introduction of another amateur comedian character (hippie lawyer)?

-If they could hack the funds of their enemy - Why didn't they do that before? (as if they are surprised that the biker crime boss has stashed electronic funds like every crime organization?) Wait until its in the hands of the feds to attempt this? and do it from your home wi-fi in a matter of minutes?

-Biker King dude knows the Feds have his Laptop - AND DOESN'T MOVE his money?  He just sits there watching online and lusting over it (has nothing else better to do while on the run??)  Sits there online while its emptied out???  What??  He had to think someone was going to grab it or lock it.

The story does have an important subtle morale - That Organized Crime can do something the legal system can't - put bad guys away with corporal punishment and provide prosperity to some people.  In truth Organized crime was at one time and in part evolved to counter corrupt systems gamed against poorer populations.
-neither him or the ATF agent used a burner phone for criminal activity

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Its getting worse with the unbelievable!  blah, blah, blah.....

View Quote

Damn, for someone who dislikes this show you sure waste a lot of time typing words about it, lol.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wow, the firefight in the bar in the latest episode was pretty intense. Show's getting pretty good.
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Evidently They never heard of standoff distance and decide to walk into an indoor ambush in 1980s Miami Vice style.  Ambush is loosely applied, nobody really hit much while the bikers were huddled up in a mass.  Wood bar serves as a bulletproof bunker.

Nether side thought to rig the building with explosives or fire and attack from a safe distance?  Fire works great for ridding a building of its inhabitants without actually walking into gunfire.

If you're the leader of the gang, make sure you go into the ambush with the attack team.

Still entertaining  
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Similar plots to these A team and Miami Vice episodes:

Almost as much plagiarism as Joe Biden
Miami Vice - In The Air Tonight Scene [HD]

The A-Team -Trouble on Wheels -Murdock as Mafia

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Evidently They never heard of standoff distance and decide to walk into an indoor ambush in 1980s Miami Vice style.  Ambush is loosely applied, nobody really hit much while the bikers were huddled up in a mass.  Wood bar serves as a bulletproof bunker.

Nether side thought to rig the building with explosives or fire and attack from a safe distance?  Fire works great for ridding a building of its inhabitants without actually walking into gunfire.

If you're the leader of the gang, make sure you go into the ambush with the attack team.

Still entertaining  
View Quote

Well, they were a heavily armed criminal biker gang versus a less well armed criminal gang in an enclosed space, neither side having any real particular experience in building entry or actual tactics.

I'd say it went down pretty much as expected, except there were less overall casualties on the Stalone side because of plot armor.

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Still entertaining  
View Quote

LOL at first I thought the trip wire triggered explosives from the sides but I guess that was just small arms fire.  I don't know how anyone got out of that fatal funnel/kill box and why Stallone didn't put guys to the sides to catch anyone slipping out.  In fact, I don't know why they didn't do the ambush outside when the retard bikers first rolled up since the edges of the parking lot were dense underbrush.  They wouldn't have even needed cover, wait til fucktards roll up, wait til they start to park, choot 'em in the back as they're getting off their bikes and totally unprepared.  Would have cut their interior renovation bill in half.

Like you said though, still entertaining.

And beating that bribery rap is a no-brainer.  She told him she was gonna lose her job as well as saved his life so he felt bad and gave her a million bucks with absolutely no strings attached.   By the way, fuck that ungrateful cunt, gimme my mill back.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm about 7 episodes in and it's okay enough that I'll finish the season but it isn't groundbreaking or anything.  To me, Stallone just doesn't ring true as a mafia guy.  There are elements of Lillyhammer that I think they wanted to emulate but still do their own thing; I think Lillyhammer was wittier.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 5:00:22 PM EDT
[#49]
You can tell the writers/casting crew have never interacted with Oklahoma Highway Patrol.  They cast two overweight sloppy guys.

Real OHP troopers are ALL jacked.  It is crazy.  Inside joke with other state LEOs is troopers get a lifetime supply of steroids upon graduation.    Good group of guys.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#50]
It's great.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top