Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 3:37:43 AM EDT
[#1]
"29-year-old female officer assigned to the Community Safety Team was shot and killed in the line of duty Saturday night"

Damn.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 3:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]
RIP officer.

Not sure what it meant that she was part of the community safety team.  Is that implying she was not a regular officer or was she unarmed?  Just never heard of that before. Hope they get the perps fast
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 3:50:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems to be happening more and more lately.

Societal breakdown.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RIP officer.

Not sure what it meant that she was part of the community safety team.  Is that implying she was not a regular officer or was she unarmed?  Just never heard of that before. Hope they get the perps fast
View Quote
They pull a few hundred officers with the lowest seniority out of their their district of assignment and put them in the districts with the highest crime.

Here's the dispatch audio
https://mobile.twitter.com/wgweather/status/1424196110466359299
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:33:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Male black.  Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:37:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I assume West Englewood will conduct numerous block parties in celebration?
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:39:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Miracle they can get anyone to police in shitcago. The need to roll like BOPE down in Brazil.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:41:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Terrible They need swat teams patrolling that shithole.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems racist the described him
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Screw that. Needs some of this after all the innocents are evacuated:

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#13]
"The deserve our consideration, and they deserve our prayers every single day that they can return home safely to their families. Unfortunately, that didn't happen tonight, and our heart aches for the loss of life," Mayor Lori Lightfoot said.
View Quote
She should burn in hell for her hypocrisy.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Most restrictive gun laws in the USA.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I really hope for an outbreak of the blue flu.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#16]
And so it begins.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Chicago is a lost cause. With that bug eyed lesbian mutant at the reins, time to launch the nukes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#18]
GOD bless you sister. Praying for the other Officers recovery.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Most restrictive gun laws in the USA.  
View Quote

Apparently domestic white terrorists in Indiana ship truck loads of guns and ammo to chicago. These guns then rise up and start shooting randoms on the street. No worries the ATF and Chicago PD have a task force for this.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I really hope for an outbreak of the blue flu.
View Quote

LOL how is that gonna work out? Less patrols, some guy trying to protect his family, property, neighborhood finally has enough and shoots a few bangers. Then gets arrested and charged with murder. This will only show broken the system is and cause more resentment.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not sure what a regimental combat team consists of, but it seems certain parts of Shitcago could use them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Now, was a traffic stop really worth that officer’s life?
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Rest Easy
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Figures.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#26]
RIP officer
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Terrible news.

Mayor Lightfoot is literally the ugliest woman in America.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Prayers for the officers and their families.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

LOL how is that gonna work out? Less patrols, some guy trying to protect his family, property, neighborhood finally has enough and shoots a few bangers. Then gets arrested and charged with murder. This will only show broken the system is and cause more resentment.
View Quote

And THAT is precisely the hope and plan of the folks who financed people like Lightfoot. Police as we know it has to be crushed and discredited for them to use "emergency powers" to install their federal police modelled after the Soviet NKVD.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you saying?
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#31]
In before the Perps are given awards and Saint Hood.

And yes. For all of those hard of understanding, that is Sarcasm.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Figures.
View Quote

And you know it wasn’t worth it. Best case, it’s nothing and the driver gets a warning. Not worth the risk to anyone involved.

Worst case, the driver is a violent felon with warrants and nothing to lose, and he has a tactical advantage against the officers that pulled him over. These are the types we want caught and taken off the streets, but the typical patrol cop isn’t equipped to guarantee a favorable outcome in that scenario. Again, not worth the risk.

There’s got to be a better way.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Now, was a traffic stop really worth that officer's life?
View Quote
The story has no info on the reason for the traffic stop.

IF it was for a traffic violation, the city would much rather have the coppers write tickets to collect revenue than to make felony arrests which cost money.

That may explain why a couple felons were running around lose and the traffic stop, although it is speculation on my part.

And, to be totally cynical (or more accurately: realistic) a dead copper doesn't cost the politicians anywhere near as much as a dead minority felon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Life is cheap in the United States. Especially the mostly lawless inner cities.
It really shouldn't surprise anyone. We are maybe 5-6 years or so from stepping over dead bodies like a bag of trash in the street on our way to work in some places. Kind of like the piles of human shit on the sidewalks in SF. It was a huge deal until people realized it's just the way it is. Now they just play Hopscotch and accept it.

All this over a traffic stop? You should see how the criminal element in such places act once "Disrespected".  Damned shame for the cop. Senseless.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And you know it wasn’t worth it. Best case, it’s nothing and the driver gets a warning. Not worth the risk to anyone involved.

Worst case, the driver is a violent felon with warrants and nothing to lose, and he has a tactical advantage against the officers that pulled him over. These are the types we want caught and taken off the streets, but the typical patrol cop isn’t equipped to guarantee a favorable outcome in that scenario. Again, not worth the risk.

View Quote

Actually that’s completely the wrong lesson the proper lessons that people who do small bad things also do big bad things and these people would have killed you or your family but instead they killed a cop before they had a chance, cops need to go hardcore on these people or this country is gonna spiral down the shit hole
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#36]
What did Mayor Forehead say? Surely she’ll fix it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about that choking infant call...might be a set up.  Wife getting knocked around by drunk husband...oh hell no, those are alway shit storms. You can't just pick and choose. Just had recently posted here the story of a Alabama Officer that responded to a suspicious vehicle and rescued a kidnapped 4 year old. You either have police as a society or you don't.  A society in which there is no consequences for actions will in time be chaotic.  I'm sure you (nor I) "need" LE supervision in our life, but the feral percentages do.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have not the first clue what would be a "better way".   I sincerely hope you get the LE you think you want in the very near future.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Figures.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Figures.

Like clockwork.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You have not the first clue what would be a "better way".   I sincerely hope you get the LE you think you want in the very near future.
View Quote

You’re right, and nor do you.

No, you don’t.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You’re right, and nor do you.

No, you don’t.
View Quote

Actually, yes I do.  You would just bitch about it though as usual.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn, that's sad. 29 is so young.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Actually that's completely the wrong lesson the proper lessons that people who do small bad things also do big bad things and these people would have killed you or your family but instead they killed a cop before they had a chance, cops need to go hardcore on these people or this country is gonna spiral down the shit hole
View Quote

Not happening. Magic skin pigmentation is magic.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How about that choking infant call...might be a set up.  Wife getting knocked around by drunk husband...oh hell no, those are alway shit storms. You can't just pick and choose. Just had recently posted here the story of a Alabama Officer that responded to a suspicious vehicle and rescued a kidnapped 4 year old. You either have police as a society or you don't.  A society in which there is no consequences for actions will in time be chaotic.  I'm sure you (nor I) "need" LE supervision in our life, but the feral percentages do.
View Quote

LOL, rule of law is long since gone:
-People at the top, the elites that rule us, are immune from consequences.
-There are maybe 30 million illegals in this country doing as they please.
-There is an entire dysfunctional, violent subculture among us immune from restraint because of their skin pigmentation.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very possibly, animals shooting up people also drive recklessly without regard for anyone around them, i say pull em all over and lock em up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#46]
RIP.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Lightfoot isn't wanted to defund the police from what I read, just the asshat city council members.

may the officer RIP....cities like Shitcago and others, you really need to tac team to deal with the citizenry

2 days ago in my sister city next door, a black guy tried to rob a grand ma waiting in school car line and shot her then ran off.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.  I say that as someone who sends young officers out into the night to hunt bad men.  Early this morning, I sent young men with wives and families to search for an armed parolee who had run from a nearby agency's "routine traffic stop."  How do you think we catch the bad men?  Every time a political subdivision writes a law, young men and women carrying guns have to go out and enforce that law.  The murder of this officer is a predictable result of our system.  Evil exists and it must be confronted.  This officer died confronting evil.

Also, 38,680 people died in traffic collisions last year, as opposed to about 20k homicides.  Traffic stops are necessary and dangerous.

RIP, Officer.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can agree with this.

However I'll add, a society in which the justice system doles out consequences for actions that depend on your political views,  who you are, who you work for, or the size of your wallet is also chaotic. And we see that right now.

Can you excise the curropt justice system and it's employess out without destroying the society n which the system is oart?

Donno. Probably not.

However it seems as if the emoyees of the justice system, cops, judges,  DA, etc, are fine with the current status quo.

After all they are the one with levels of immunity from the laws they enforce, they are the ones who goto court and get rulings that day, you do not have a right to police protection, the agents of the state do not have to know the actual law (but you have to know all of them) Etc etc.

So that probably moves the Donno to: not likely,  or to an out right nope.

Do we even want to save a society where it is based on not the application of  law, but on the whims of men?  

Oh well.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Stupid politicians get predictable results!

RIP!
Prayers for her family.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top