Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
So if my vehicle is made in Mexico or Canada that mean I didn't buy a UAW made vehicle... Right?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm waiting for one of the new Xiden Fords!????
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You would think “ stupid fucks” , but that isn’t the case . The workers are certainly getting fucked by the money and politics above them . Got that pension and free health care tho , right ? Its all bullshit .
View Quote

Yet they cast their own ballots, both for union reps and pols.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So if my vehicle is made in Mexico or Canada that mean I didn't buy a UAW made vehicle... Right?
View Quote

Wrong Canada's unions are even stronger.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Are the solar panel installers unionized?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but they didn't vote for Biden...
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Seems like a pretty stupid move on Ford's part considering the guy the UAW endorsed is importing all the mexican workers here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I grew up in Flint, MI and come from a GM family (mom, dad, both grandfathers, my uncle all worked for GM)...nothing will convince the average UAW member that they aren't the most oppressed people group in the world.

The lumber yard I worked at hired some laid off UAW workers, they were all fired for laziness. One guy built a nest hidden in the stacks of insulation so he could nap. Others seemed to work in slow motion, no idea of hustle. The notion of doing a good job seemed to make them feel like suckers, as if doing what they were paid to do was selling out to the man.

They also engaged in casual theft like it was their due compensation. UAW no bueno.
View Quote

A buddy of mine works in a GM plant. When he gets pissed because they have to work the weekend or late, he doubles down and starts really cranking parts out. He'll get bunk from his co-workers and when he doesn't slow down they go complain and they send him home.

Slow-motion is "normal".
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow.  What a huge crowd

So how many of the hourly/union workers actually voted for him?
I’d bet about 30-40%
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wow.  What a huge crowd

So how many of the hourly/union workers actually voted for him?
I’d bet about 30-40%

What % of their union dues that are earmarked for politics went to Democrats?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17524/69255.JPG

I love that ad.  I get so much use out of it.
View Quote

lol i remember that one !
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Good for the Union that backed the Commie rats!
They get what they deserve.Screw the UAW.......
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:02:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if the average union worker (or leftist) understands the connection between massively raising corporate taxes and things like Ford moving a production plant to somewhere that will be cheaper.

I also wonder if they think corporate taxes are only paid on profit, not revenue... and I further wonder if they understand the difference between revenue and profit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Most of those Union Members would vote for Adolph Hitler if he was running as a Democrat.
They are getting exactly what they wanted.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#15]
A vote for Democrats is always a vote against America.  

A vote for Republicans is only usually so, because at least half the party is made of progressive conservatives.  

A vote for a third party really is thrown away.

But people who vote Republican are usually holding their nose while trying to stave off total disaster, and people who vote third party usually know they are protest disposing of their vote. Democrat voters are stupid enough to think they are voting for ideals and self-interest at the same time, and then go into surprised duck and cover denial every time it goes wrong for them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I grew up in Flint, MI and come from a GM family (mom, dad, both grandfathers, my uncle all worked for GM)...nothing will convince the average UAW member that they aren't the most oppressed people group in the world.

The lumber yard I worked at hired some laid off UAW workers, they were all fired for laziness. One guy built a nest hidden in the stacks of insulation so he could nap. Others seemed to work in slow motion, no idea of hustle. The notion of doing a good job seemed to make them feel like suckers, as if doing what they were paid to do was selling out to the man.

They also engaged in casual theft like it was their due compensation. UAW no bueno.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I hope the union lemmings are learning a lesson this time around.

I grew up in Flint and I saw that too!
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is where Trump was excellent as president.  Ford would have pulled this move had Trump been elected, the difference is that Trump would have intervened. He woudl threaten them with higher steel tarriffs, export laws, tax code changes etc.  He would at least try to get them to stay.  Biden, he won't do shit because this is what globalists want happen.  He will probably blame Trump anyways and the press will eat it up as fact.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

It always astonished me that the UAW folks would feel so put upon by GM, yet I knew so many people who would have gladly worked in the plants for way less money than the GM hourly wage.

Flint Northern Class of '86!
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is where Trump was excellent as president.  Ford would have pulled this move had Trump been elected, the difference is that Trump would have intervened. He woudl threaten them with higher steel tarriffs, export laws, tax code changes etc.  He would at least try to get them to stay.  Biden, he won't do shit because this is what globalists want happen.  He will probably blame Trump anyways and the press will eat it up as fact.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

yes but he would have tweeted mean and bombastic things and hurt people's feelings.

what's a few miserable jobs in comparison to that?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope the union lemmings are learning a lesson this time around.

It seems to me that the ethos of unions like the UAW is to negotiate the absolute minimum amount of work for the maximum amount of compensation. Add in a ton of victim mentality and yeah... this isn't that surprising.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It always astonished me that the UAW folks would feel so put upon by GM, yet I knew so many people who would have gladly worked in the plants for way less money than the GM hourly wage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I graduate in 83 and went straight into the the Army!
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#22]
My brother moved to New York to work for a tech company.  He caused a major incident because he tried to move his own office computer instead of waiting for the union guy to do it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Hehehehe
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I give zero fucks for anyone who supported Biden.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They can learn to program-right? Code?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17524/69255.JPG

I love that ad.  I get so much use out of it.
View Quote

Mike Day is a forking moron.  Not only did he support the zero, he made that support public.  What an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Mike Day is a forking moron.  Not only did he support the zero, he made that support public.  What an idiot.
View Quote

To be fair, Mike Day has made my point for me more eloquently than I ever could - and many times over now.  It pissed me off at the time; but it is almost worth it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#28]

And yet those stupid fucks, will vote for him again or that Ho of his in 2024. They will never learn.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#29]
The Dems have a lot of built in votes.
Unions
Minorities
Lefty Loons
Yellow Dogs
Feminists
LGBTs
Swamp
And those sucking the Government tit!
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Learn to code.... er, speak Spanish?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Why do non-Democrats join unions? I've never understood it.

Do people not realize that unions are just slush funds and money laundering schemes for the Democrat party?

Union contributions go overwhelmingly for Democrats. Union endorsements go overwhelmingly for Democrats. The money donated goes into Democrat party campaign chests as well as to fund individual campaigns. Democrat politicians then push policies that kick money back to the unions (and their pension funds), who then kick back money to the Democrat politicians, and around and around it goes. Ultimately it's funded at least in part by taxpayer money, like the $86 billion in the "COVID relief" theft we just saw.  A portion of that money will ultimately end up back in Democrat campaign funds... But it's also a way for the Democrat party to take a chunk out of your paycheck without you realizing it.

How can any non-Democrat be a part of that? Why not just give your money directly to the Democrat party and skip the union?
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Good.  Fuck the UAW.  May they, and everyone else who endorsed him, get exactly what they voted for.  

-K
View Quote
x2
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top