Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 320
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here in WA for the past couple weeks and ran into Mighty Mouse Johnson at a farmers market in Puyallup.  Nice guy,  short as hell.  Lived in Vegas for 8 years and have yet to run into any other fighters.
View Quote

Did you ask him if he's enjoying the weather?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
UFC Fight Night: Dos Anjos v. Alvarez - Thursday, July 7

-  Full card on UFC Fight Pass - $10 for 1 month subscription, cheaper for 6/12 month prepaid subscription

UFC TUF Finale: Jedrzejczyk v. Gadelha - Friday, July 8

-  Prelims on FS1 @ 5pm/8pm Pst/Est
 -  Main o FS1 @ 7pm/10pm Pst/Est

UFC 200:  Jones v. Cormier

-  Main on PPV @ 7pm/10pm Pst/Est

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here in WA for the past couple weeks and ran into Mighty Mouse Johnson at a farmers market in Puyallup.  Nice guy,  short as hell.  Lived in Vegas for 8 years and have yet to run into any other fighters.

He actually lives in WA.  Been nice to escape the 100°+ weather.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw this on reddit and wondered if it was a coincidence. lol

Link Posted: 7/4/2016 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No,  that wasn't me.  Close,  though.  He was with his wife and daughters,  just said hi,  nice to meet you and shook his hand.  Told him I didn't wanna bother him while he was with his family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody else have Fight Pass?  When I first signed up the offerings were a little slim but now they've really bulked up the past fight library.  Plus PPVs are usually available to watch within 30 days.  Putting a fight like dos Anjos v. Alvarez is pretty sweet.  The whole card tomorrow is actually pretty decent.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anybody else have Fight Pass?  When I first signed up the offerings were a little slim but now they've really bulked up the past fight library.  Plus PPVs are usually available to watch within 30 days.  Putting a fight like dos Anjos v. Alvarez is pretty sweet.  The whole card tomorrow is actually pretty decent.
View Quote

We have it from when you recommended it for Mcgregor/Diaz. Not much time for it though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got back to Vegas from WA and ran into Dominic Cruz at baggage claim.  Cool guy.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just got back to Vegas from WA and ran into Dominic Cruz at baggage claim.  Cool guy.
View Quote

Damn, what are the odds?  That's pretty cool.  Did you talk much or just say hi?

I ran into Hendo once.  He's pretty quiet and soft spoken but was friendly and appreciative of the support (he was getting ready to fight Vitor in Pride in 2006).
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:49:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#11]
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Jon Jones informed of potential USADA violation.  Fight with Daniel Cormier is off the card.

This comes from a USADA test from 6/16.  No news of what substance he was flagged for.  According to the press conference, the results just come out.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BREAKING: Jon "Bones" Jones is off the UFC 200 fight card after a potential doping violation:

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16844105/ufc-200-jon-jones-tests-positive-removed-card?ex_cid=espnfb
View Quote

what an idiot.  why does the UFC keep employing him?  he doesn't deserve any more chances
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#13]
WTF is wrong with this guy?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
what an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

what an idiot.
His own worst enemy.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry guys... just started a new thread, please, just go easier on me than you will on Bones.

What a fucking retard.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Jon Jones informed of potential USADA violation.  Fight with Daniel Cormier is off the card.

This comes from a USADA test from 6/16.  No news of what substance he was flagged for.  According to the press conference, the results just come out.
View Quote

Imagine if a year ago someone told you that Brock Lesnar would be fighting in the main event at UFC 200.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
His own worst enemy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BREAKING: Jon "Bones" Jones is off the UFC 200 fight card after a potential doping violation:

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/16844105/ufc-200-jon-jones-tests-positive-removed-card?ex_cid=espnfb

what an idiot.
His own worst enemy.  

No doubt.

Was on the verge of going down with the greatest off all time. Dude fucked up big, I wonder how the UFC will react.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#18]
The fight is already removed from the fight card.

I think the Tate v. Nunes should be the main event, it is a title fight.

Fight Card
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:07:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The fight is already removed from the fight card.

I think the Tate v. Nunes should be the main event, it is a title fight.

Fight Card
View Quote

Per Dana Hunt v. Lesnar is the main event.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:08:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Imagine if a year ago someone told you that Brock Lesnar would be fighting in the main event at UFC 200.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Actually there's been so much "open ended answers" I think nobody ever really wrote it off.  And what's more, news like this should really comes as no surprise to anybody.  Jones wrecked his Bently, took cocaine during a fight camp, crashed into a pregnant lady while high, etc. etc. etc.  And there's a lot more stuff about him that's not really been substantiated but where there's smoke, there's fire.  At this point it's almost laughable.  UFC fighters don't get paid shit compared to equally popular/skilled athletes in any of the other big 4 American sports.  He's left money on the table and gotten dropped by big name sponsors.  Being called an idiot doesn't even begin to describe him.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Actually there's been so much "open ended answers" I think nobody ever really wrote it off.  And what's more, news like this should really comes as no surprise to anybody.  Jones wrecked his Bently, took cocaine during a fight camp, crashed into a pregnant lady while high, etc. etc. etc.  And there's a lot more stuff about him that's not really been substantiated but where there's smoke, there's fire.  At this point it's almost laughable.  UFC fighters don't get paid shit compared to equally popular/skilled athletes in any of the other big 4 American sports.  He's left money on the table and gotten dropped by big name sponsors.  Being called an idiot doesn't even begin to describe him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Reminds me of Johnny Manziel.

And speaking of football players, O/U 9.5?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#22]
This really makes you wonder about USADA.  Obviously they are catching guys but what's the deal?  The test was administered on June 16th.  They haven't even tested the B sample yet.  How can they take 3 weeks to run a test and then given notice this close to the fight?  USADA and the UFC know that fighters are automatically pulled off the card when there's a doping violation, why wouldn't USADA have the test results done faster than 3 nights before the fight?  How long does it take to run illegal drug and PED tests?
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Haha I'm in for bronze, we just gotta find something juicy.  9.5 with Grandpa Witten and Glass Jaw Romo seems like a suckers bet.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:22:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This really makes you wonder about USADA.  Obviously they are catching guys but what's the deal?  The test was administered on June 16th.  They haven't even tested the B sample yet.  How can they take 3 weeks to run a test and then given notice this close to the fight?  USADA and the UFC know that fighters are automatically pulled off the card when there's a doping violation, why wouldn't USADA have the test results done faster than 3 nights before the fight?  How long does it take to run illegal drug and PED tests?
View Quote

If it's like most labs, 2-3 weeks is pretty standard turn around time, even a little quick
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Haha I'm in for bronze, we just gotta find something juicy.  9.5 with Grandpa Witten and Glass Jaw Romo seems like a suckers bet.  
View Quote

Hey, man, you said Cowboys or 9ers.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:24:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If it's like most labs, 2-3 weeks is pretty standard turn around time, even a little quick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Damn, what are the odds?  That's pretty cool.  Did you talk much or just say hi?

I ran into Hendo once.  He's pretty quiet and soft spoken but was friendly and appreciative of the support (he was getting ready to fight Vitor in Pride in 2006).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crazy huh?  Just shook his hand and said hi,  my bag with my ccw pistol was lost by Southwest,  so I wasn't more excited than I should have been.  Waiting to hear if they find it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:27:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

what an idiot.  why does the UFC keep employing him?  he doesn't deserve any more chances
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he can bring in dump truck loads of cash.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/POWXMKp.png

View Quote

Where is Cory Hendricks? Dana was going to give him a shot.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:32:18 AM EDT
[#30]
God damn it, JJ.  You really are too stupid for your own good.  What a dummy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:34:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He may still be injured.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, we all knew Bones Jones has a hard time with the Columbian Nose Candy... Idiot...
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Crazy huh?  Just shook his hand and said hi,  my bag with my ccw pistol was lost by Southwest,  so I wasn't more excited than I should have been.  Waiting to hear if they find it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Judo buddy ended up playing black jack with him for an hour or so in Vegas about six years ago. He echoed the same sentiment, that he's a laid back dude that keeps it real with the fans. When I have kids, I hope I can still point to MMA Fighters as good role models, like good ole Hendo.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No doubt.

Was on the verge of going down with the greatest off all time. Dude fucked up big, I wonder how the UFC will react.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what an idiot.
His own worst enemy.  

No doubt.

If the "B" sample pops positive too,  he'll never work for them again.    This is going to cost the UFC millions in lost revenue.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because like him or hate him he is the GOAT of MMA. Release him and then Bellator has the best fighter in the world. Fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see.

Plus it's retested after a positive before notice is given. The B sample is only tested after notification and the athlete is given the choice to have a rep present.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Plus it's retested after a positive before notice is given. The B sample is only tested after notification and the athlete is given the choice to have a rep present.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see.

I guess my question was, why did they time it that way?  Either test at different time intervals or get the results back so at least it gives the UFC an opportunity to rework the card.  It's not like it's a surprise when this happens.  A positive tests means a fighters is pulled.  I guess I'm just struggling with the timing and I feel like USADA hasn't been completely smooth sailing since they stepped in.  There have been some issues already.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:36:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Call up Donald Cerrone, I'm sure he'd fight Cormier on 3 days notice.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:51:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He may still be injured.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He may still be injured.  

He's probably out for good if he's got nerve damage that bad.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 1:53:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well, we all knew Bones Jones has a hard time with the Columbian Nose Candy... Idiot...
View Quote

"Riding the white stallion" is the preferred nomenclature, dude.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:05:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow unbelievable,  this card just tanked in my eyes.
Was going to order it but not anymore.  Might swing by a bar or something.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Part of me wants to say "kick Jones out of the UFC" and the other part of me wants to think that USADA is making shit up as they go.  

I'm going to wait and get more info before I pass judgement on Jones.  Look at Frank Mir.  Listening to his side of the story about his failed USADA test tells me something is fucky with that organization.  He's in the process of trying to appeal his decision because it's been found that a bunch of baseball players have been found to test positive for same thing and it's been found to be bullshit.  

But if Jones tested positive for Coke again, then fuck him.  If it's trace metabolites of a possible precursor to a form of anabolics or some bull shit, then USADA needs to be replaced or overhauled.  Just look at the list of over the counter supplements you can get (all on USADA's website) that are banned substances because because they have some ingredient that they say are steroids or stimulants.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm still gonna get it,  from prelims to ppv,  the card is stacked.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's his trainers. All the UFC guys dope. Every one of them. But their trainers know how to time the cycles, what substances to use, etc. it's an art. Looks like Jones' trainers messed up and he got popped. For a guy that should have the best trainers and steroid guys, that's a big mess up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Listening to the press conference now. What a loss for the fans. That had the potential to be an epic fight. Will probably never see it now.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's his trainers. All the UFC guys dope. Every one of them. But their trainers know how to time the cycles, what substances to use, etc. it's an art. Looks like Jones' trainers messed up and he got popped. For a guy that should have the best trainers and steroid guys, that's a big mess up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

With his past you are making a huge assumption it is performance enhancing.  It could be.  But then again with his past...

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
With his past you are making a huge assumption it is performance enhancing.  It could be.  But then again with his past...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. Chael Sonnen is saying its roids though.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I was looking it over last night.  It looks like they will all be solid fights.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Had not seen this.  I have no idea.  Jones is a total waste of serious raw talent.  That guy is a head case and still the best fighter in the world.  I hope he squanders every dime has to resort to pumping gas or washing cars.  

Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top