Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 320
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cowboy only gets $500,000. Does he get any additional cash?
View Quote
This is all the UFC is forced to disclose.

He also gets a percentage of PPV, which is supposed to put him around 4 million.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You mean the super gay thread

Holy shit, I bet you have a Conner BigHead on your bedroom wall
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
YEAH BABY

DIDNT EVEN BREAK A SWEAT

HIS HUNGER IS BACK BABY

REMEMBER THE THREAD IHAD ABOUT HIM A FEW WEEKS AGO AND THE HATERS.

Dad made him take it down.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dude, I’m a Cowboy fan at heart. Watch the replay. He didn’t try to do anything after the first shoulder strike to the face. He was struck 3 more times. Seemed like he was waiting for them.
View Quote
Cowboy was never going to win that fight unless it was an accident.

I wouldn't say he threw it. I would say he went in and did what he was supposed to do.

Connor being back means hundreds of millions for the UFC.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:55:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I guess you love seeing 30 second fights...
View Quote
Sometimes. I'd generally prefer a long back and forth war, but this is fighting and shit happens.

I don't blame you for not being willing to pay for the risk of a 30 second fight, I understand why somebody may not see the value in it, but I just don't understand bitching about it. You knew going in it was a possibility.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No. Cowboy got paid.

Which was the point of the exercise for him.
View Quote
This.

I imagine it went something like this:

"Do you want to fight Conor McGregor?"

"No..."

"Do you want to fight Conor McGregor for $X.X Million?"

"...Yes".
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:56:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hate to be the turd in the bowl but I think Cowboy threw the fight.  $$$
View Quote
Nah, he's getting a little chinny.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:57:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dad made him take it down.
View Quote
Then he had to take down "THE UNIT"'s poster as well.....but he likely already took down Chase Young's when they lost in the playoffs
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:59:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Conor McGregor is the new Ronda Rousey...
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How do you purchase with free links online?
View Quote
I dunno, but plenty of people do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:00:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just t shirts and swag

THE CHAMP IS BACK

RED PANTY NIGHT BABY
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:00:37 AM EDT
[#11]
With all due respect Connor fans can only toot their horns so loud. He purposely picked a fight with a guy who has lost 6 out of his last 10 fights. Cowboy is cool and all, but the division has much more to offer, and it was a pretty safe bet for those involved.

ETA: 7/10 now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:01:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You see Usamn yawning at MCGregor’s victory speech . Usman has no chance with him
View Quote
I hope you said that backwards...

Usman has no chance with McGregor...

WOW!!!!

Usman, Covington, T-Wood, all destroy Conner and it's not even close.

Mcgregor got wrestle, fucked by much smaller guys at 145&155llbs, and you think Usman (an olympic caliber wrestler @170llbs) has no chance....
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:02:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Conor McGregor is the new Ronda Rousey...
View Quote
Wat?
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I would LOVE to see Conner and Justin Gaetge fight!
I think that's the best possible matchup for conner.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sometimes. I'd generally prefer a long back and forth war, but this is fighting and shit happens.

I don't blame you for not being willing to pay for the risk of a 30 second fight, I understand why somebody may not see the value in it, but I just don't understand bitching about it. You knew going in it was a possibility.
View Quote
Why do I bitch?...it's called disappointment.  I watched the first UFC and most of them up until I got stationed overseas back in 2011.  This was the the first one I purchased in a long time and probably the last.  Disappointed..that is all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:14:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

WOW!!!!

Mcgregor got wrestle, fucked by much smaller guys at 145&155llbs, and you think Usman (an olympic caliber wrestler @170llbs) has no chance....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You see Usamn yawning at MCGregor’s victory speech . Usman has no chance with him

WOW!!!!

McGregor did pretty great defending takedowns against Khabib the first round, and was doing fine the second round right up until the point he got caught with the overhand right. Khabib pretty much wrestle fucks everyone.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:20:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
LOL!

No
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate to be the turd in the bowl but I think Cowboy threw the fight.  $$$
LOL!

No
Of all the fighter to possibly throw a fight, Cowboy is probably the bottom of the list
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:21:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He also gets a percentage of PPV, which is supposed to put him around 4 million.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Cowboy only gets $500,000. Does he get any additional cash?

Well, shit, good for Cowboy. If I was him, I’d open up a gym and call it good.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:23:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:25:56 AM EDT
[#20]
As much as I love Cowboy, he has ALWAYS chocked in big fights.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:35:20 AM EDT
[#21]
My wife walked in just as the main fight was starting and I tried my best to explain my disappointment.

It’s like if you took the recent College National Championship. Two extremely good teams that deserve to be there. They have spent months preparing for this moment. The emotions are high, both teams are prepared, and this is going to be a battle. This promises to be an amazing three hours of football.

Now I don’t have a connection to either of these teams, but let’s say I’m pulling for the underdog, so Clemson in this scenario. But I’m really just looking to see a great back-and-forth battle on the field.

Now imagine after all the hype and the intro, the teams take their respective sides, Clemson kicks the ball off, LSU catches it at the 5 yard line, and in a matter of seconds manages to break through the Clemson D and runs it all the way back up the field for a touchdown. Then, the referee walks out on the field and says, “Because LSU has returned the kickoff for a touchdown, the game is over and LSU is the national champion. Game over.”

I don’t care strongly about which team wins, I just feel robbed because I didn’t get to watch an entire game between two teams that definitely have the heart, talent, and skill to make it an incredible match!

It’s something like that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:58:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My wife walked in just as the main fight was starting and I tried my best to explain my disappointment.

It’s like if you took the recent College National Championship. Two extremely good teams that deserve to be there. They have spent months preparing for this moment. The emotions are high, both teams are prepared, and this is going to be a battle. This promises to be an amazing three hours of football.

Now I don’t have a connection to either of these teams, but let’s say I’m pulling for the underdog, so Clemson in this scenario. But I’m really just looking to see a great back-and-forth battle on the field.

Now imagine after all the hype and the intro, the teams take their respective sides, Clemson kicks the ball off, LSU catches it at the 5 yard line, and in a matter of seconds manages to break through the Clemson D and runs it all the way back up the field for a touchdown. Then, the referee walks out on the field and says, “Because LSU has returned the kickoff for a touchdown, the game is over and LSU is the national champion. Game over.”

I don’t care strongly about which team wins, I just feel robbed because I didn’t get to watch an entire game between two teams that definitely have the heart, talent, and skill to make it an incredible match!

View Quote
Herb Dean is a better ref than the PAC-10 shit ref crew that was in the championship game.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:01:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:02:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cerrone is done. Past his prime just collecting checks. Against average competition he’s dangerous but he can no longer compete with the elite in the weight class. He was always a gunslinger and always came to fight.

Dana will now try to coerce Khabib to fight Conor. That fight will sell. I predict Conor loses the fight and comes back to 170 where Uncle Dana will give him a fight against Marty Fake News Man if he is still champ. That is a much more winnable fight for Conor.
View Quote
Usman is way to big for Conor. He would destroy him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:41:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's completely understandable, but it's just the way fighting works.

That's part of the reason we get huge cards vs just a single fight.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 3:44:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's completely understandable, but it's just the way fighting works.

That's part of the reason we get huge cards vs just a single fight.
View Quote
I get it it. I’m not new to MMA. When you have a strong favorite you want it to be a quick fight. You want to see your guy dominate quickly and walk out unscathed. But when you don’t care who wins, but know both guys are scrappers, you hope for an exciting battle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

McGregor did pretty great defending takedowns against Khabib the first round, and was doing fine the second round right up until the point he got caught with the overhand right. Khabib pretty much wrestle fucks everyone.
View Quote
Khabib is a great wrestler, khabib fights at 155lbs.

Usman is a 170llb Olympic wrestler, if you think he has no chance against Conner, you are being a prisoner of the moment and you have no clue what you're talking about...
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
What are you talking about? Khabib took him down very early in the first round and he spent the rest of it on his back. Pretty much the same thing in the second. He had a glimmer of hope in the third but then got smashed in the fourth. Against a 155# guy. Usman is a HUGE 170# fighter who is a brilliant wrestler with some very real power going on.

I don't know what Cowboy was doing in there. He had to plan on keeping his distance but hugged up right away and put his face on Connors shoulder. Oh well, glad he is getting paid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Herb Dean is a better ref than the PAC-10 shit ref crew that was in the championship game.
View Quote
You should probably place the blame of the Clemson loss upon the shoulders of your defense, not the refs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Usman is a 170llb Olympic wrestler, if you think he has no chance against Conner, you are being a prisoner of the moment and you have no clue what you're talking about...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn’t say Usman had no chance against Conor.  I’m saying Conor’s wrestling is a lot better than people give him credit for.  Ben Askren was also an Olympic wrestler and got fucked up by Masvidal and Damian Maia.  There’s more to MMA than just being great at wrestling.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What are you talking about? Khabib took him down very early in the first round and he spent the rest of it on his back. Pretty much the same thing in the second. He had a glimmer of hope in the third but then got smashed in the fourth. Against a 155# guy. Usman is a HUGE 170# fighter who is a brilliant wrestler with some very real power going on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watch the fight again.  Yes Khabib took him down a few times in the first round, but McGregor defended most of the takedowns well, and avoided getting hurt or tired from the successful takedowns and was able to escape back to standup.  The 2nd round is where McGregor ate the overhand right and spent 5 minutes in Khabib’s favorite ride.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Best place to bet online? Odds are off on this due to the Conor jock riders. CONOR hasn’t been hit like Cowboy hits. Not saying Cowboy should be favored, but +350 is whack.
View Quote
Well, fortunately I was not impulsive enough to actually put any money down. I signed up at the one they advertise on PodcastOne, but then realized how dumb it was to bet on Cowboy just because I thought he should be less of an underdog. I am not a sports betting guru.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Tired of policing the CoC4 violations for illegal fight streaming
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#34]
See below
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Glad to see the thread is back
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Please don’t get this thread locked again
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Please don’t get this thread locked again
View Quote
Let’s remember this warning is on page 251, and quote it frequently
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Watch the fight again.  Yes Khabib took him down a few times in the first round, but McGregor defended most of the takedowns well, and avoided getting hurt or tired from the successful takedowns and was able to escape back to standup.  The 2nd round is where McGregor ate the overhand right and spent 5 minutes in Khabib’s favorite ride.
View Quote
Also Connor was not prepared for the Khabib fight , you can clearly see Connor was not on his game for that fight

and he has admitted that much , I'd love to see him get a rematch and Connor being at 100% ready for that fight

I still think Khabib wins but it will be an epic fight .
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:45:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Let’s remember this warning is on page 251, and quote it frequently
View Quote
My guess is, next Conor fight, we will see a metric ton of site bans and many of them saying they had no idea...lol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I’m tired of handing out warnings every PPV, so I’m going to be very clear.

If you request or discuss sharing of links to illegal steaming sites in this thread to avoid paying for PPV events, you will lose your account. No more warnings, it goes straight to a site ban.
View Quote
I understand the issue.  I wasn’t around last night so I didn’t see all the requests.  I will put a disclaimer on the OP, and also when i post the PPVs cards when they come up.  Thanks for unlocking.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 12:34:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 1:39:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks for unlocking the thread
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You should probably place the blame of the Clemson loss upon the shoulders of your defense, not the refs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had no skin in the game on that game. I knew LSU was going to win, they played great and I like Burrow.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thanks for unlocking the thread
View Quote
X2

Too bad the freeloaders won't read the OP or get the message. I vote for public humiliation of those that get the hammer over something so dumb, but then again that may be a COC violation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#47]
If you request or discuss sharing of links to illegal steaming sites in this thread to avoid paying for PPV events, you will lose your account. No more warnings, it goes straight to a site ban.

OP, please leave the above in this post. - D_J

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

UFC Fight Night: Blaydes v. Dos Santos

Saturday, January 25th

Prelims on ESPN+ @ 2pm/5pm pst/est

Main on ESPN+ 5pm/8pm pst/est

Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#48]
25th
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#49]
You should probably post the new warning every time you post a fight card, as I'm guessing most people aren't looking at page 1 anymore.

Just a suggestion.

As for the fights, the top two fights look pretty good.  I've always liked Chiesa.  The rest is kinda meh to me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You should probably post the new warning every time you post a fight card, as I'm guessing most people aren't looking at page 1 anymore.

Just a suggestion.

As for the fights, the top two fights look pretty good.  I've always liked Chiesa.  The rest is kinda meh to me.
View Quote
I can, but this is an ESPN+ card, not a PPV, but I guess it's all the same.
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top