Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 320
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
After the chick fight that was more than sad.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad the woman’s fight was awesome.  Main event was embarrassing.  U have Olympic medal in wrestling.  Take him down.   Don’t dance....
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:52:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What fight? That was ridiculous.
View Quote
Izzy knew he couldn’t fall into Romero’s power/traps...i dont like it but he made it work

Also i dont like Miragliotta pushing fighters. Refs are supposed to be neutral

ETA: it amazes me that Yoel didn’t wrestle just like Colby vs Usman
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Champ has done a great job of running away!
View Quote
He didn't lose. That's literally his job.

That fight before was fucking fantastic, though. One of the best. Good on them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 4:20:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Zhang vs Joanna fight was great loved it. Main event sucked, I feel like romero could have won it with more aggression even in just the last 2 rounds I am not sure what he was thinking.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#6]
It's gonna suck when Romero realizes he actually made weight this time around.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Izzy knew he couldn’t fall into Romero’s power/traps...i dont like it but he made it work

Also i dont like Miragliotta pushing fighters. Refs are supposed to be neutral

ETA: it amazes me that Yoel didn’t wrestle just like Colby vs Usman
View Quote
The Costa- Romero fight was fantastic. it was a brawl. Paulo Costa is a monster. A Young Monster. He will be the aggressor when he meets Adesanya in the octagon. THAT will be a Fight!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Double post
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Good interview with Costa about the fight.

Paulo Costa rips Israel Adesanya’s performance vs. Yoel Romero | UFC 248 | ESPN MMA
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Am I the only one watching?
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Two..
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#12]
That was quick, I knew Renato was going to eat that guys lunch
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Good fights. Without the noise of an audience it’s easy to hear the fighters shit talk in the octagon.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good fights. Without the noise of an audience it's easy to hear the fighters shit talk in the octagon.
View Quote
I'm at a brewpub watching now, do they not have a crowd due to beerflu?
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I just realized it was on.

I like it with no fans, don't have to hear that wooping bullshit.

I'll watch the part I missed on the DVR tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow.. that was quick to.  I really figured Maia would get that one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm at a brewpub watching now, do they not have a crowd due to beerflu?
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Am I the only one watching?
View Quote
I'm sitting this one out. The only fighter on the card that I really care to watch fight is Walker.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#19]
it really wasn't bad although few finishes.

but of course, kevin Lee does something dumb again

(spoiler)

tap tap tap, ref releases them, then he goes after him

You could hear Beltran (great mustache) say "no, you tapped, watch the replays"
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#20]
UFC postpones three events amid growing coronavirus outbreak

The UFC finally has decided to stand down to the coronavrius outbreak.

After attempts to keep its schedule intact, the promotion has postponed its next three events – UFC on ESPN+ 29 (Saturday), UFC on ESPN 8 (March 28), and UFC on ESPN+ 30 (April 11) – as cities around the countries have banned large gatherings and shut down non-essential business amid the global pandemic.

The news first was revealed on Twitter by company employee Michael Carroll after UFC president Dana White sent an email to the staff on Monday.

MMA Junkie obtained a copy of the email, which reads as follows:

My Crew,

This has been a crazy couple of weeks.

We’ve been doing everything possible to stick to our live events schedule because the fighters want to fight, our employees want to work, and the fans want to watch our sport.

So many people have reached out over the past few days to say thanks for not canceling our Brasilia event on Saturday. When weird things happen in the world, or when there’s a tragedy, like the October 1 shooting, people want things to get back to normal, and nothing feels more normal than watching sports.

We did everything we could to relocate our next three events– London, Columbus, and Portland. But every day, there are new restrictions put in place on travel and large public gatherings that are making it impossible to stay on schedule. We can’t even hold an event in Vegas, our home town, because there’s a ban on all combat sports events in Nevada until at least March 25.

As you heard me say, I’ve been in the fight game for 20 years, and this is what we do—we find a way to keep our events going no matter what. If fighters miss weight, if fighters get hurt, or if states won’t regulate us, we figure out a way. But this is different. The whole world is being affected right now, and nothing is more important than the health and safety of you and your families.

That’s why we are closing all UFC offices effective immediately, including HQ in Vegas, through at least March 31st, and asking all employees to work from home. The PI will also be closed to all personnel, including athletes, during this time. The next three events– London, Columbus, and Portland—will be postponed. UFC 249 is still scheduled as planned, but the location may change. We’ll keep you posted.

I tell you guys all the time, you are the BEST TO EVER DO IT. It feels shitty now, but WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS, and we’ll be TOUGHER, STRONGER, AND MORE BADASS than before.

Right now, the number one priority is to take care of yourselves and your family.

Finally, I want you to know that UFC has your back. If you or any member of your family is showing symptoms of coronavirus and you’re having trouble getting to a doctor, please reach out to me, Lawrence, or Hunter.

Thanks.
Dana

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/03/ufc-postpones-three-events-coronavirus-pandemic
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 2:34:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry I missed the last fight and didn't post, I was on vacation with little/no internet service.  Will update tomorrow but thanks to closevo, he posted the most recent updates for what's happening for the next few cards.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Jon Jones arrested Thursday for DWI and negligent discharge of a firearm

According to a report from KOAT Action News 7, local police officers responded to 3rd and Central avenues in Albuquerque after gunshots were fired shortly after 1 a.m.. Officers reportedly found Jones inside a running vehicle. Jones reportedly denied knowing anything about the gunshots.

Jones allegedly told responding officers he had been driving and planned on doing so in the near future, according to the report. A breathalyzer test was performed, and Jones reportedly “performed poorly.” Police then reportedly found a black handgun and a 750ml bottle of Recuerdo mezcal in the vehicle. Jones was taken into custody.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/03/jon-jones-arrested-albuquerque-aggravated-dwi-negligent-use-firearm-ufc
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Jon Jones arrested Thursday for DWI and negligent discharge of a firearm

According to a report from KOAT Action News 7, local police officers responded to 3rd and Central avenues in Albuquerque after gunshots were fired shortly after 1 a.m.. Officers reportedly found Jones inside a running vehicle. Jones reportedly denied knowing anything about the gunshots.

Jones allegedly told responding officers he had been driving and planned on doing so in the near future, according to the report. A breathalyzer test was performed, and Jones reportedly "performed poorly." Police then reportedly found a black handgun and a 750ml bottle of Recuerdo mezcal in the vehicle. Jones was taken into custody.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/03/jon-jones-arrested-albuquerque-aggravated-dwi-negligent-use-firearm-ufc
View Quote

Just a nice reminder for everyone who didn't say "fuck this guy" 2 arrests ago.
Fuck Jon Jones

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Jon Jones arrested...normalcy is returning.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#25]
My god this dude is a fucking idiot.  Would love to see Dana White right about now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:43:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Dana White says he's 'securing a private island' for fights, promises safe UFC 249

UFC president Dana White insists UFC 249 won’t be a one-off return to action: The fight schedule will be in full swing again beginning April 18.

But where will these fights take place? According to White, the short-term will see events go down at the same still-undisclosed location as UFC 249 on April 18. After that, though, he claims the promotion will be setting up shop in a private island.

“I locked this venue (that will host UFC 249) for two months,” White told TMZ on Monday. “I have this venue for two months and we’re setting up shop here. We’re going to be pumping out fights every week. I’m also a day or two away from securing a private island. I have a private island that I’ve secured. We’re getting the infrastructure put in now, so I’m going to start doing the international fights too with the international fighters.

“I’m not going to be able to get the international fighters, all of them into the U.S., so I have a private island I’m going to start flying them all into the private island and start doing international fights from there. So as of April 18, the UFC is back up and running. … “We have all our own planes and everything we’re going to fly into the island with the fighters.”

UFC 249 Full Fight Card

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/04/dana-white-ufc-fights-coronavirus-private-island-ufc-249
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
so I have a private island I’m going to start flying them all into the private island and start doing international fights from there.
View Quote

Why does this remind me of Homer Simpson having monkey knife-fights on a ship in international waters?  
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:41:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why does this remind me of Homer Simpson having monkey knife-fights on a ship in international waters?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so I have a private island I’m going to start flying them all into the private island and start doing international fights from there.

Lol.

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#29]
So much for that. Sucks, was actually looking forward to some fights.

UFC 249 canceled, all events on hold indefinitely due to coronavirus pandemic

The UFC has finally waved the white flag on doing fights during the global coronavirus pandemic.

After weeks of relentlessly trying to push forward with the event schedule in the middle of countless obstacles and outside pressures, UFC president Dana White revealed Thursday that all future events – including UFC 249 on April 18 – have been indefinitely suspended.

White made the announcement to UFC broadcast partner ESPN, stating that the decision was made after top-level executives at both Disney and ESPN intervened.

“I told you this whole thing has been a battle since Day 1,” White said in a video interview with ESPN’s Brett Okamoto. “We’ve been fighting non-stop all day and all night since this pandemic started to put on this event on April 18. And today we got a call from the highest level you can go at Disney and the highest level of ESPN. One thing that I’ve said since we started our relationship and partnership with ESPN – and it’s been an incredible one, it’s been an amazing partnership. ESPN has been very, very good to us, and the powers that be there asked me to stand down and not do this event next Saturday.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/04/dana-white-announces-ufc-249-events-canceled-coronavirus-pandemic
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I wonder what that little rat Feinstein whispered in Disney’s ear.

I also wonder what Disney whispered in Ari Emanuel’s ear.

White seemed pretty damn confident just a couple days ago.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#31]
If you request or discuss sharing of links to illegal steaming sites in this thread to avoid paying for PPV events, you will lose your account. No more warnings, it goes straight to a site ban.

OP, please leave the above in this post. - D_J

UFC 249: Ferguson v. Gaethje

Saturday, May 9th

Early Prelims on ESPN+ 3:30pm/6:30pm pst/est

Prelims on ESPN @ 5pm/8pm pst/est

Main on ESPN+ PPV @ 7pm/10pm pst/est

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Live fights back on tomorrow!
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Laramie:
Live fights back on tomorrow!
View Quote

Can't wait.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Can't wait. Tomorrow's card is pretty fucking stacked.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I like watching Werdum fight. Glad he’s back
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#36]
This card is crazy. Can't wait.

Is it on fight island or...?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Maverick52:
This card is crazy. Can't wait.

Is it on fight island or...?
View Quote

Jacksonville FL
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:37:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By closevo:

Jacksonville FL
View Quote

Close enough
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

No way.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Breaking!!!!

Jacare tested positive for the 'rona. All other fights still scheduled to go on.  Wishing Jacare a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Apparently Brazil is gettin hit hard by C19
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Kid_Sampson:
Breaking!!!!

Jacare tested positive for the 'rona. All other fights still scheduled to go on.  Wishing Jacare a speedy recovery.
View Quote

Damn, was looking forward to that fight.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#43]

Damn, was looking forward to that fight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kid_Sampson:
Breaking!!!!

Jacare tested positive for the 'rona. All other fights still scheduled to go on.  Wishing Jacare a speedy recovery.

Damn, was looking forward to that fight.

Same.  Hopefully we no others get canceled.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:37:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By IndyGunFreak:

Same.  Hopefully we no others get canceled.
View Quote

Samsies. 87% chance Jacare would have won (probs via sub), but Hall has flashes of brilliance.

All signs are pointing to full speed ahead.  *fingers crossed*
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#45]
I assume no crowd for this fight?
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Fuck yeah
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
I assume no crowd for this fight?
View Quote

Correct.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#48]
please please please please please let this happen

I've got the withdrawal shakes bad.

Also, do not schedule ferguson vs Khabib anymore,  this time it took a pandemic (maybe?) to stop it, next time it's probably nukes.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Updated fight card.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#50]
FIGHTS!!!
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top