Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw that as soon as he did it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Brock that leg
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]
What the hell is with all these gruesome leg breaks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I figured Herb would stop it before the bell.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
crazy ending

Isn't it supposed to be a no contest though? Not a TKO via doctor stoppage?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:32:40 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife almost puked
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Dustin "Everybody booing, you can kiss my whole asshole"
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#9]
How much time was left in the round?
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:37:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
A few seconds when it broke, it was stopped after the bell rang.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like maybe 3-5sec.  Not much

I think Dean should have stopped it when Dustin was beating his ass just prior to them standing up and that happening.  Dustin was bombing him with elbows and punches.  Any other fighter than Conor, that would have been called.

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:40:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think Dean should have stopped it when Dustin was beating his ass just prior to them standing up and that happening.  Dustin was bombing him with elbows and punches.  Any other fighter than Conor, that would have been called.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That ankle may have ended up saving him then
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:47:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Connor was gonna get his ass whooped, the ankle saved him.  after the failed guillotine he was tired and Dustin was whomping his ass.  I would've loved to see some more damage done to his face
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:49:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Got his ass beat

still running his mouth

then has to get carried out...  Well....Bye
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:09:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Got his ass beat

still running his mouth

then has to get carried out...  Well....Bye
View Quote

That cracks me up. Imagine if after Brock Lesnar destroyed Frank Mir and told him "talk all the shit you want now" he kept talking shit.

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:28:59 AM EDT
[#18]
A lot of guys dont know that mcgregor is a midget

look how thin his legs are, he has a thinner leg than the girl to the left of him.
It's no wonder that his legs broke after he kept abusing em!

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:31:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

look how thin his legs are, he has a thinner leg than the girl to the left of him.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VYLBNUIyn8s/XcpkErjH0zI/AAAAAAAAEnM/O-VMhApskJIoKOOvkt_YdJD8WlH_MsQnACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/height-comparison.jpg
View Quote
You are correct, he's not that big.  

That's why they have different weight classes for dudes his size...

Link Posted: 7/16/2021 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#21]
If you request or discuss sharing of links to illegal steaming sites in this thread to avoid paying for PPV events, you will lose your account. No more warnings, it goes straight to a site ban.

OP, please leave the above in this post. - D_J

Makhachev v. Moises

Saturday, July 17th

Prelims on ESPN/ESPN+ @ 4pm/7pm pst/est

Main on ESPN/ESPN+ @ 7pm/10pm pst/est

Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Seemed like an early stoppage. After Conejo got knocked down, she immediately got back up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Seemed like an early stoppage. After Conejo got knocked down, she immediately got back up.
View Quote

It did look a little early.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VYLBNUIyn8s/XcpkErjH0zI/AAAAAAAAEnM/O-VMhApskJIoKOOvkt_YdJD8WlH_MsQnACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/height-comparison.jpg
View Quote

5'9" is a midget?
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#28]

I been waiting for this. Praying for them white shorts!
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Sad to see Miesha Tate got sucked into plastic surgery quacks.  Lip filler, cheeks, eyes, etc.  She looks like a totally different person.  What a fucking shame.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 12:13:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Miesha looked good for not fighting for nearly 5 years.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#31]
If you request or discuss sharing of links to illegal steaming sites in this thread to avoid paying for PPV events, you will lose your account. No more warnings, it goes straight to a site ban.

Dillashaw v. Sandhagen

Saturday, July 24th

Prelims on ESPN/ESPN+ @ 1pm/4pm pst/est

Main on ESPN/ESPN+ @ 4pm/7pm pst/est

Link Posted: 7/24/2021 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Main event should be great.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Terrible decision.   Barber wasn't close.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow Christmas came early for Macee Barber.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#35]
I didn't think TJ won.  Don't let it go to the judges.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Bullshit decision.

Sandhagen won that fight.

Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Cory knows he didn't lose. .    He wasn't even hurt.

Omg! The "winner" limped off the ring.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Cory knows he didn't lose. .    He wasn't even hurt.

Omg! The "winner" limped off the ring.
View Quote

Judges must have given him the pity win.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I didn't think TJ won.  Don't let it go to the judges.
View Quote
Sandhagen lost it more than TJ won it.  

The judges were scoring in favor of that type of fight.  Right or wrong but that's how it worked tonight.  I fully expected TJ to get the victory. Even though I think Sandhagen won the fight.  Decisions are weird and suck.  That's Sandhagen fault for not finishing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#40]
TJ was controlling the cage and was more aggressive. Sandhagen was more effective with his striking, but not massively IMO, and TJ was more effective grappling. If a judge saw their striking & grappling as equally effective then by the way scoring works it would go down to aggressiveness and octagon control which TJ clearly won.

IMO, it's not crazy to consider the striking and grappling a wash. Nobody got rocked, cuts don't indicate effective striking, etc. I didn't see the strike numbers, but if they're close then I can understand it even if I would have given Sandhagen the edge. Add the grappling in and it could wash out to even.

edit: just looked up the strikes. Total strikes 171 to 169. Significant strikes 128-110. Then TJ got 2 takedowns to Sandhagen's 0 which would benefit him in the effective striking & grappling aspect of judging. Didn't see a strike breakdown by round, but I wouldn't expect a massive difference between rounds as they all seemed close.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
TJ was controlling the cage and was more aggressive. Sandhagen was more effective with his striking, but not massively IMO, and TJ was more effective grappling. If a judge saw their striking & grappling as equally effective then by the way scoring works it would go down to aggressiveness and octagon control which TJ clearly won.

IMO, it's not crazy to consider the striking and grappling a wash. Nobody got rocked, cuts don't indicate effective striking, etc. I didn't see the strike numbers, but if they're close then I can understand it even if I would have given Sandhagen the edge. Add the grappling in and it could wash out to even.

edit: just looked up the strikes. Total strikes 171 to 169. Significant strikes 128-110. Then TJ got 2 takedowns to Sandhagen's 0 which would benefit him in the effective striking & grappling aspect of judging. Didn't see a strike breakdown by round, but I wouldn't expect a massive difference between rounds as they all seemed close.
View Quote
Sandhagen beat Dillashaws ass. He just didn't finish it.   I hate judges who put more emphasis on "octagon control" when one guy is beating another guys ass.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sandhagen beat Dillashaws ass. He just didn't finish it.   I hate judges who put more emphasis on "octagon control" when one guy is beating another guys ass.
View Quote

I mean I can't say if they judged the criteria in the correct order or not, but the scoring rules are literally written to judge effective striking/grappling first and then if there's no clear winner they judge aggressiveness (advancing, striking first, etc.) and then if there is no clear winner they judge octagon control.

Based on the numbers, nobody got their ass kicked. +18 significant strikes for Sandhagen is definitely an edge, but it's not an ass kicking. When you counter it with TJ's takedowns now you have to dive into articulating what you believe "effective" to be.

Personally, gun to my family members head I have to pick a winner, I'd say Sandhagen won simply because he had more instances where you thought he might be able to end the fight. Punches stiff enough and timed well enough to make TJ lose his balance for a split second, submission attempts, etc. but overall it was a pretty close fight. I would have loved to see TJ get knocked the fuck out after his layoff though...
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I mean I can't say if they judged the criteria in the correct order or not, but the scoring rules are literally written to judge effective striking/grappling first and then if there's no clear winner they judge aggressiveness (advancing, striking first, etc.) and then if there is no clear winner they judge octagon control.

Based on the numbers, nobody got their ass kicked. +18 significant strikes for Sandhagen is definitely an edge, but it's not an ass kicking. When you counter it with TJ's takedowns now you have to dive into articulating what you believe "effective" to be.

Personally, gun to my family members head I have to pick a winner, I'd say Sandhagen won simply because he had more instances where you thought he might be able to end the fight. Punches stiff enough and timed well enough to make TJ lose his balance for a split second, submission attempts, etc. but overall it was a pretty close fight. I would have loved to see TJ get knocked the fuck out after his layoff though...
View Quote
Different people are gonna apply scoring rules in different ways.  I can sure see why they awarded Dillashaw.  But none the less, Sandhagen BEAT his ass.  

I have no passion either way on those fighters.  I enjoyed their show.  Sandhagen absolutely should have cut the showmanship shit, and beat his ass continually.  TJ would not have gotten a lot of his control points if Sandhagen would have stood there striking.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bullshit decision.

Sandhagen won that fight.

View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Sandhagen was more effective, and TJ never really threaten him. But Cory couldnt put his foot on the gas because TJ has a weird disruptive rhythm. We've all seen what happens when these fights go to decision.

Tough break for the kid. You could see and hear the heartbreak in his voice and demeanor in the post fight interview.

One thing thats always sat in my craw, never enough body shots. Theres gonna be somebody some day that recognizes the body and will work it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sandhagen was more effective, and TJ never really threaten him. But Cory couldnt put his foot on the gas because TJ has a weird disruptive rhythm. We've all seen what happens when these fights go to decision.

Tough break for the kid. You could see and hear the heartbreak in his voice and demeanor in the post fight interview.

One thing thats always sat in my craw, never enough body shots. Theres gonna be somebody some day that recognizes the body and will work it.
View Quote

Lol. You've never seen the spectacular liver shots in this game?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Nunes tests positive and her title defense against Pena is cancelled.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Hall v. Strickland

Saturday, July 31

Prelims on ESPN/ESPN+ @ 3pm/6pm pst/est

Main on ESPN/ESPN+ @ 6pm/9pm pst/est

Bellator: Pitbull v. McKee - Championship

Youtube prelims - 4pm/7pm pst/est

Main on Showtime - 7pm/10pm pst/est

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#49]
@Laramie

Excellent. Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@Laramie

Excellent. Thank you!
View Quote

Happy to do it. The UFC card wasn’t great but I love the sport and watch even more than NFL.
Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top