Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/27/2019 3:01:29 PM EDT
Kyle Kusz, a kinesiology professor at the University of Rhode Island, published a book this month titled “Making American White Men Great Again: Tom Brady, Donald Trump, and the Allure of White Male Omnipotence in Post-Obama America." He theorized that Brady became popular due to the rise of “white rage and white supremacy,” according to Campus Reform.
View Quote
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-popularity-tied-white-supremacy
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember when institutions of higher learning actually engaged in education? Peppridge Farm remembers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Does this mean I need to start liking him?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like another professor pulling shit out of their ass, smearing it on paper & calling it “Research”
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
It really is getting sad.

The left is so utterly desperate to justify their false ideology that they just randomly make things up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Popularity post Obama?  WTF he’s been pro since what 2001?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's just embrace all this nonsense and get it over with.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember when institutions of higher learning actually engaged in education? Peppridge Farm remembers.
View Quote
There is still a lot of amazing professors out there. But news isn't about reporting on the good ones, it's much better headlines to find the kooks.

The problem is that the idiots like this know they can say stupid shit and gets their name out and people talking about them.

Same deal when actors, celebrities, political talking heads, youtubers, etc.. go out of their way to say something controversial. It brings them exposure/views and gets people talking.

The first thing I thought of was "Let me guess, he has a book for sale..." and sure enough, right there on Amazon.

It's all about self-promotion.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0820472514/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i0
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Boston sports radio was all over this today. They read the online rating system for professors and this guy has a 2.9/10 rating. Most of the comments at the rating site said the guy was leftist prick and they'd never want to take another class with him as professor.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]
So Tom Brady worked his ass off to get where he is in life.  Obviously loves his parents, family, etc if you watch any interviews of him......and that contributes to the white rage crap???!!!

gheeeeeeeezus.    :/
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sounds like another professor pulling shit out of their ass, smearing it on paper & calling it “Research”
View Quote
and getting paid for it
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Remember when institutions of higher learning actually engaged in education?
View Quote
And engaged in serious scholarship?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Popularity post Obama?  WTF he’s been since what 2001?
View Quote
Agreed.

The Patriots won their first super bowl in the Brady era in the 2001/2002 season.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Boston sports radio was all over this today. They read the online rating system for professors and this guy has a 2.9/10 rating. Most of the comments at the rating site said the guy was leftist prick and they'd never want to take another class with him as professor.
View Quote
And that's EXACTLY what these types are after.

Want to beat them? Ignore their bullshit and don't give them the spotlight. But stories like this are a lightning rod for the media and everyone has to get their comment in on it. Media plays right into their hands.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
One review from December 2016 said all his lectures turn into rants about Trump and that he has a weird obsession with Tom Brady.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Joke's on that professor.  Outside of Boston, everybody hates Tom Brady.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Skin color became a big item under FBHO. Pathetic that folks view this as something Trump has contributed to...
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m sure it has nothing to do with Tom having more rings than a jewelry store.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Depends, are you “white”?...
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Agreed.

The Patriots won their first super bowl in the Brady era in the 2001/2002 season.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.

Totally cheated too, watching the Rams’ practice & what not...
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Awesome .
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So Tom Brady worked his ass off to get where he is in life.  Obviously loves his parents, family, etc if you watch any interviews of him......and that contributes to the white rage crap???!!!

gheeeeeeeezus.    :/
View Quote
Right.

Tom Brady continues to be one of the hardest working people we know. You might could say the same for Donald Trump.

That guy needs to stick to kinesiology. Leave the book writing to someone who's not a complete dumbass.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#24]
If you go over to Tom Brady's Instagram he has pics from his two Kentucky Derby trips. One year he has 15 guys with him, two of them are black. The other year he has 16 guys with him, again, 2 of them are black dudes.

Now, with blacks making up appx 13% of the US population, doesn't want that make his black friend numbers in line with the population of the US?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Joke's on that professor.  Outside of Boston, everybody hates is jealous of Tom Brady.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.

You know the media made that up, right?

Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#27]
If you can't see what's coming, it's because you don't want to.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Lol.

Dude, these people are out of their minds. It’s like Harry Potter and the case of Everything I don’t like is Literally Hitler......but they live it out in real time

Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Kineseology Professor?  That's the major Floriduh State Football players major in.  Sounds very authoritative.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.

And the Patriots were totally the only team doing that at the time ... right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
and getting paid for it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and getting paid for it
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Pretty sure he was popular while W was still President

Hell Brett Favre was very popular in the 90s while Clinton was President and he's white, does Bill have to answer for that?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Educated beyond his intelligence.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Here's the reason he's writing this shit. Brady goes home after a hard days work and gets to boink a supermodel wife, this putz goes home after doing nothing worthwhile or beneficial to anyone and masturbates to a picture of Brady's supermodel wife.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#35]
the world is full of educated derelicts
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Joke's on that professor.  Outside of Boston, everybody hates is jealous of Tom Brady.
I guess we can talk about your edit in the parking lot
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Tom Brady is not popular in Buffalo, NY. Which is mostly white.

There’s going to be dildos EVERYWHERE this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here's the reason he's writing this shit. Brady goes home after a hard days work and gets to boink a supermodel wife, this putz goes home after doing nothing worthwhile or beneficial to anyone and masturbates to a picture of Brady's supermodel wife.
View Quote
This is more likely.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can't recall who it was, G.K Chesterton, or maybe it was Muggeridge, that used the phrase "educated into imbecility".
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
No shit. I hate Brady I wish nothing but ill will upon him, but if this is the kind of bullshit that's going to come out I guess I'm going to have to start liking him.

God dammit why can't people just leave me alone
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Let's just embrace all this nonsense and get it over with.
View Quote
NO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I stopped reading at "Professor of Kinesiology".
View Quote
I don't even know what that means
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Kyle Kusz, a kinesiology professor at the University of Rhode Island, published a book this month titled “Making American White Men Great Again: Tom Brady, Donald Trump, and the Allure of White Male Omnipotence in Post-Obama America." He theorized that Brady became popular due to the rise of “white rage and white supremacy,” according to Campus Reform.
View Quote
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-popularity-tied-white-supremacy
View Quote
Do you know what “kinesiology” is?

Guy is a fucking physical therapy professor.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I can't recall who it was, G.K Chesterton, or maybe it was Muggeridge, that used the phrase "educated into imbecility".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or a great line from one of the 'On the Road to...' movies with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby, who said of Hope's character: 'With a little education this boy could be an idiot!'
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#45]
TDS is a bitch
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No shit. I hate Brady I wish nothing but ill will upon him, but if this is the kind of bullshit that's going to come out I guess I'm going to have to start liking him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want people to leave you alone?

Live somewhere where people believe in that.  Where?  I have no fucking clue, but it doesn’t seem like it’s a fundamental in America anymore.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I heard kinesiology is the best discipline to learn about race relations and race theory.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#48]
https://web.uri.edu/english/meet/kyle-w-kusz/

My research critically examines the patterns and particularities of the stories told about white men in popular culture, reading them as politicized allegories of particular moments in history. Thus far, my work has focused on stories produced in American sport media—especially the realms of spectacle, film, and celebrity. I conceptualize these stories as under-theorized political terrains that play a key pedagogical role in forming how various publics make sense of the changing ideas of race, gender, class, and nationalism that circulate in culture. More broadly, I take seriously the critical study of popular culture, understanding it not only as a key terrain through which people develop their perceptions and beliefs about themselves, their social worlds, and American/global history and culture, writ large, but as an index of the dynamic ideological currents circulating through various American social formations. Previously, I have written about the racial and gender politics of the performances, cultural representations, and personal narratives of sport celebrities like: Tom Brady, Andre Agassi, Lance Armstrong, Pat Tillman, and Freddy Adu; sport-related films like: Dogtown and Z Boys, Jerry Maguire, The Fan, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Murderball; and sport formations such as extreme sports and skateboarding. Some of these analyses can be found in my book, Revolt of the White Athlete: Race, Media and the Emergence of Extreme Athletes in America (Peter Lang: New York, 2007) and in various anthologies and journals. All of this work is united by a focus on illuminating the dynamic representational strategies and logics used to re-center whiteness, reproduce white male privilege, reconstruct white nationalism(s), and commodify blackness within specific historical conjunctures of post-civil rights era America.
View Quote

https://www.academia.edu/Documents/in/Critical_Whiteness_Studies
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Or a great line from one of the 'On the Road to...' movies with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby, who said of Hope's character: 'With a little education this boy could be an idiot!'
View Quote
That's a good one, but just to be slightly anal, the titles were, "The Road To X" Your version is almost a Willie Nelson song title.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top