BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:15:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ambassador to Estonia, huh? Not exactly an A-1 gold star posting, LOL. I suppose it IS a step up from ambassador to togo, pago-pago, bora-bora, Gilligan's Island or Sea World, LOL. Its probably a safe bet this guy was a career State guy which means he's a useless toady. If he was somebody worth a crap, he'd have been ambassador to a more important country. No great loss.

Estonia is like a lot of former Eastern Bloc countries; democracy is still a shiny new toy and they're going places eventually. With the falling of the wall and the coming of the second russian revolution you'd think they would not need NATO. You'd think, but try being Polish, Slovakian, Czech, Ukraynian. Yeah, them Russkies are still just as scary so please Mr Uncle Sam, don't let that bad bear toss me into the briar patch. Can we be NATO too? LOL. And that's what we got.
View Quote
A-1 Gold Star postings go to political appointees and buddies of the sitting POTUS.  Postings like Estonia go to career Foreign Service Officers, typically subject matter experts for the region they're posted in.

ETA: From looking at this guy's bio... here's what a consul general (recently arriving in Germany after two years in northern Afghanistan) told me about Foreign Service lifers in Europe; "they're a bunch of no-nothing pussies."

Bio for reference: https://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/biog/195389.htm  His worst gig was the Seychelles.  smh
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Your junket-fu is strong.
View Quote
That one was pretty strong.

The fact my command wouldn't release me for the rotating instructor slot they offered really pissed me off.  still does, a littl.e
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No... if you’d sent me a link I let it get forgotten about. Would be interested.
View Quote
I’ll look. He was the progenitor of the term “Turd World” that swept the blogosphere a few years ago.

I think he was Arocked inside State pretty quickly as the FSO world is pretty small.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That one was pretty strong.

The fact my command wouldn't release me for the rotating instructor slot they offered really pissed me off.  still does, a littl.e
View Quote
The Army Guard is a ongoing example of self defeat in detail.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you ever read the blog by one of the few conservatives in the State Department, who did the same thing with State Employees?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This strikes me as one of those threads where forcing people to pass a simple ten question geography and history test before posting would have significantly improved the discourse.
Did you ever read the blog by one of the few conservatives in the State Department, who did the same thing with State Employees?
Tell me you have a link or the name of the blog.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’ll look. He was the progenitor of the term “Turd World” that swept the blogosphere a few years ago.

I think he was Arocked inside State pretty quickly as the FSO world is pretty small.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No... if you’d sent me a link I let it get forgotten about. Would be interested.

This guy?

http://www.thediplomad.com/
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bullshit.

He's not resigning over Trump. 33 years he's been in govt, he's just retiring. And probably to avoid something
View Quote
This!

F@#%&n democraps! I'd imagine.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top