Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's 1B for the wall and 13B for new social welfare programs.  These programs will help those whose lives have been negatively impacted by drugs....
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The US is not holding the money.

The money is hidden, off the books, and the US will never see any significant amount of it, ever.

Trump isn’t going to lock-down the border, ever. Trump hires illegals at his hotels and properties. Trump said what he needed to say about border security to get elected.
View Quote
Politicians never say things just to get elected.  You know, like Mitt running to the left in Massachusetts, then back to the right for President, and now back to the left as a Senator from Utah.

It's like watching a fucking tennis match.  I'm getting whiplash just watching that asshole
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]
If Chapo can come up with 5 billion dollars cash to build the wall, and build it with those funds- Chapo should be released from prison upon completion of the wall.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, that would at least be one Mexican paying for it. :)
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I want the wall and everything but all that “free money” should go toward our debt. Gotta start paying it down sometime.
View Quote
Putting up the wall will help the debt problem by preventing the illegals from coming in and claiming welfare benefits.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#6]
GoFundMe: 100% funded
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ok mitt.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did I miss the memo about a new intentional misspelling?

Also, this sounds like a good way to get Mexico to pay for the wall.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fingers crossed, but not holding my breathe.
Quoted:
Not holding my breathe but would like to see it happen.
Did I miss the memo about a new intentional misspelling?

Also, this sounds like a good way to get Mexico to pay for the wall.
That would be sweat sweet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#9]
The government will find a "way" to build the Wall and repatriate millions of people back to Mexico, or the ethnic nature of politics will yield indisputable power to the Democrats and cause all American citizens to lose our rights.

Merrell: Trade Hawaii to the Chicoms for Taiwan.
View Quote
I don't think we will be keeping Hawaii in the Union by 2119.  It may have been a good idea to add it as a subjugated client state, but it should never have been added as a full member state, nor should its residence have been given American citizenship.  Japanese immigration should have been closed off from the start instead of the Gentleman's Agreement of 1907.

edit
let me complete that thought I had
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#10]
If funds are collected the money is deposited in the treasury.
The only constitutional way to get money from the treasury is through an appropriation passed by Congress.
No one in the leadership of Congress wants an effective barrier on the border.

No effective barrier will be built.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Those assets are seized by the department of justice.  
An executive agency.

Would the president have final say in what would happen with the money?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You must be fucking stupid...
View Quote
Is that a purse I see swinging
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#14]
There will be no wall.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Trade Hawaii to the Chicoms for Taiwan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hawaii judge in 3.2.1
Second, then move Naval/Marine assets to Wake/Midway.  Enjoy your new commie overlords, Hawaii.

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The US is not holding the money.

The money is hidden, off the books, and the US will never see any significant amount of it, ever.

Trump isn’t going to lock-down the border, ever. Trump hires illegals at his hotels and properties. Trump said what he needed to say about border security to get elected.
View Quote
I'm happy you voted for FHRC but I'm even happier your lady lost.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Second, then move Naval/Marine assets to Wake/Midway.  Enjoy your new commie overlords, Hawaii.

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There will be no wall.
View Quote
There's a structure on the border.  It's called a wall.

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Politicians never say things just to get elected.  You know, like Mitt running to the left in Massachusetts, then back to the right for President, and now back to the left as a Senator from Utah.

It's like watching a fucking tennis match.  I'm getting whiplash just watching that asshole
View Quote
Lol, rofl. The world record flip-flipper is, “take the guns first,” Trump.

Lol, rofl.

Trump Corp imports foreign labor? It’s Romneys fault!

Trump Corp hires illegal immigrants? Blame Romney!

Trump isn’t going to force Mexico to pay for a border wall, or defend gun rights, or balance the budget? It’s all Romney’s fault, somehow.

Trumps, “take the guns first,” “pathway to citizenship,” followers have only a few defenses for Trumps broken promises...

Blame Romney.

Move the goal posts.

Lie, excuse, and pass the blame.

That is pretty much all you can do...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Boy, there's gonna be some pissed off Americans getting evicted from all the homes and condos by the beach chappo funded and built.
I bet the guy owns the majority of the hotels as well.
He is also rumored to own a chain of large Mexican grocery stores in the US.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Oops
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Endless appeals will probably hold that up for a decade.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lol, rofl.

Trump isn’t going to force Mexico to pay for a border wall, or defend gun rights, or balance the budget? It’s all Romney’s fault, somehow.

Trumps, “take the guns first,” “pathway to citizenship,” followers have only a few defenses for Trumps broken promises...

Blame Romney.

Move the goal posts.

View Quote
You say Trump was always lying about a wall.

Why are you still criticizing him for that considering you think a wall is stupid in the first place?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lol, rofl.

Blame Romney.

Move the goal posts.

View Quote
Romney is a lying weasel. End of story. At least Trump is trying to do something besides sell out the country. It's difficult though, when the junior senator from UT is working actively against him.

What state will Romney be from next? Let's see, Michigan when daddy was governor, than Mass, now Utah. Maybe Idaho next? Who knows, really. Nevada maybe?

Romney is a politician through and through. And that's not a compliment by any means. If his lips are moving, he's lying about something.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Did Chapo really say that he had paid billions in bribes to U.S. politicians? I keep seeing that on Facebook, but nowhere else. I'm sure he did pay plenty, just don't know if he admitted it in court.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Is the cartel that El Chapo ran dead and gone or is it still up and running under new management?

Because I suspect there is a power vacuum being filled and lower level people who know where stuff is hidden loading sacks of cash in their cars, draining secret accounts and heading for the hills.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Use drug money to save America from more drug smuggling

good plan

justice

If the democrats and republicans loved our country they would be demanding trillions of dollars for border security instead of fighting against border security tooth and nail

traitors every single one of them

imo
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Hold on, let me do the math on this: US gov taxes its citizens (then won't fund a wall) but doles out the money to poor people. Poor people use that money to buy drugs. Then the US gov goes through a lengthy legal process to seize what drug money is left after El Chapo uses it on hookers and ATF guns. Then the US hails it as a clever way to fund the wall.

That about right?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm sure the Dems will sue to give it to the Iranians.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Seems only fair.
View Quote
Works for Me!

Better than Democrats giving it to the FSA...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://cdni.rt.com/files/2018.10/article/5bd4347ddda4c8781b8b4603.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There will be no wall.

https://cdni.rt.com/files/2018.10/article/5bd4347ddda4c8781b8b4603.JPG
How many Mexicans will try to squeeze through the openings?  We should put NO FAT CHICKS stickers all along it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
An executive agency.

View Quote
No.  He'd be limited by what Congress has authorized the DOJ to spend the money on when it comes to seized funds.

ETA:  See the "Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984" for an idea of what DOJ can used seized funds for.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#34]
"Criminal asset seizures are NOT Trump's slush fund for his vanity projects" - Dem screeching.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Sounds like a typical government program.  
1. Potheads provide cash to fund import of weed/drugs, El Chapo collects cash.  
2. Feds arrest El Chapo, use cash to fund wall to prevent import of weed/drugs.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Ted Cruz went to some sort of "school" that teaches "law", right?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#37]
They won't. The argument will be made that these seizures always go to law enforcement programs and they rely on it. So if Trump takes it he will be "stealing from law enforcement" and hampering "efforts against crime" or some bullshit.

And my "law enforcement programs" I mean fake programs made up with  friends and family put in as managers that draw massive salaries.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No.  He'd be limited by what Congress has authorized the DOJ to spend the money on when it comes to seized funds.

ETA:  See the "Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984" for an idea of what DOJ can used seized funds for.
View Quote
Ok, so he buys more beds to house the criminals coming over our borders illegally, hires more employees, builds more drones, buys more equipment for the employees.

It's a start.

Do you think the talking heads at CNN and MSNBC would go along with that?

Or would they come up with more objections you can parrot here?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sounds like a typical government program.  
1. Potheads provide cash to fund import of weed/drugs, El Chapo collects cash.  
2. Feds arrest El Chapo, use cash to fund wall to prevent import of weed/drugs.  
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ok, so he buys more beds to house the criminals coming over our borders illegally, hires more employees, builds more drones, buys more equipment for the employees.

It's a start.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a start.

Of all the things you listed it appears that "buys more equipment" would be allowed.  That's basically it.

Also he can't spend more than 500K on any one project without notifying Congress first...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#41]
$14 BILLION. Holy shit I'm in the wrong business I should have become a drug lord.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#42]
The way I heard it is that Cruz is sponsoring legislation to make this happen.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#43]
It would appear that a lot of people miss getting their asses nibbled and bitten by democrats and are complaining about the wins - large and small.  Let hardship harden you instead of becoming another broken soul.

STFU and MAGA on!
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hawaii judge in 3.2.1
I agree.

There's no way in hell that The Chicoms would be dense enough to fall for that  loppsided deal.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Also he can't spend more than 500K on any one project without notifying Congress first...
View Quote
If that's the only requirement, then Trump can notify Congress and then spend the ~$14B.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#46]
No one will see a dime of that money.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Of all the things you listed it appears that "buys more equipment" would be allowed.  That's basically it.

View Quote
He can clearly buy more vehicles...…...and probably drones.

He can probably buy more beds for detention purposes...…...at the very least the AG can say all these funds are going to be used to go after drug smuggling.

Drones are aircraft aren't they?  If so, they can be purchased and used for finding drug traffickers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If that's the only requirement, then Trump can notify Congress and then spend the ~$14B.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's not the only requirement.

The law specifically lists what kind of items the DOJ can spend the funds on.

It basically breaks down to law enforcement equipment, overtime pay and training for state/local law enforcement and administrative costs to run the seizure fund.  That's more or less it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
No one will see a dime of that money.
View Quote
There is no money. It was sucked dry after he was extradited to the US I'm sure.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
An executive agency.

View Quote
They don't have the money yet.  They want to seize.  If they can find it.  Which they can't.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top