Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This El Chapo money option is a total circle jerk for the masses.  Countless millions of people in favor of the wall will eat this up running around talking about it like it's a real option.  This will never happen.

Trump will probably even tease it if he has not already.

Theater...all of it.  Look folks, I don't like it anymore than you do, but there will be no wall or more importantly, no real solution to unchecked immigration.  Reagan could not fix it almost 40 years earlier due to "the swimmer" and the Dems (but the hard truth is that both parties don't want to fix it).
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
That would be Epic.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The law does appear to prevent it from going directly to an actual wall but it sure does appear to allow it to go for anything that reasonably could be stated to be to thwart drug smuggling.
View Quote
There's no need to use those funds to obtain "technology to enhance border security".
Congress is more than willing to appropriate money for that (provided the right companies get a slice of the pie) - because the technology doesn't help but they can tout the vote and convince the rubes that they're "doing something".
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There will be no wall.
View Quote
There is already several hundred miles of wall built. Now the gaps need to be filled in.

There's also a lot of the border in Texas that requires no wall...there are enough geographical features that would preclude people from crossing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There's no need to use those funds to obtain "technology to enhance border security".

Congress is more than willing to appropriate money for that (provided the right companies get a slice of the pie) - because the technology doesn't help but they can tout the vote and convince the rubes that they're "doing something".
View Quote
The democrats/RINOS would even object to that in the final analysis...…...they are just bloviating about technology because they know Trump wants a physical barrier much more.

If he said he wanted $14 billion on technology they would say "NO"......rest assured that is what they would say.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
What technology will keep invaders, economic illegals and terrorists from entering the USA at the southern border where there is no barrier?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The way I heard it is that Cruz is sponsoring legislation to make this happen.
View Quote
Ted Cruz introduced the Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order (EL CHAPO) Act in April 2017, which calls for the use of the $14 billion seized from the cartel drug lord to be used to pay for the wall.

I don't know the status of the bill. If it hasn't been passed, it seems just another failure of the GOP while they had both houses.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You must be fucking stupid...
View Quote
i am also stupid.  fuck hawaii.  would much rather have taiwan.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What technology will keep invaders, economic illegals and terrorists from entering the USA at the southern border where there is no barrier?
View Quote
I don't know......maybe drones help because employees can get their faster, etc.

Not near as good as a wall but fuck it...…….take what you can get from these congressional assholes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Haven't read the thread.

Am I in before the usual suspects claim all asset forfeiture is wrong?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Use it to build the wall and flaunt the fact to all cartels. You’re next motherfuckers! Your money and your lives will be ours!
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They don't have the money yet.  They want to seize.  If they can find it.  Which they can't.
View Quote
According to the DEA there's enough proceeds from drug dealing by Mexican cartels that they needn't seize it all to have the money to fund the wall.

"The [Drug Enforcement Agency] has estimated that the gross receipts of the Mexican drug trade or somewhere between $19-$29 billion a year," he said. "We don't have to be 100 percent efficient to get the the money we need to completely pay for the wall relatively quickly."

Link
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The need for cheap labor is the second least important reason for opposition to controlling the border.
You can't even imagine the most important reason.
View Quote
Then why do they never pass e-verify?

Why do the Koch Brothers want open borders?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Land Mines or other lethal form of deterrent.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#16]
fpni
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
None.
See the words in bold.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]
El Chapo is Mexican slang for "shorty".

Now thats ironic
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

None.
See the words in bold.
View Quote
Drones with missiles?

Seriously, I don't care if it has a massive effect......even if it is minimal spend it that way rather then letting those funds go into the general fund.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ok mitt.
View Quote
Dont waste your time with Mor(m)ons.  I live in UT and reluctantly raise my kids in that church but I dpnt drink the cool aid and when I move to Texas were getting a new church.

I used to be proud to be LDS.  But those clowns have completely gone off the deep end with their globalist BS.  F that church
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Second, then move Naval/Marine assets to Wake/Midway.  Enjoy your new commie overlords, Hawaii.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hawaii judge in 3.2.1
Trade Hawaii to the Chicoms for Taiwan.
Second, then move Naval/Marine assets to Wake/Midway.  Enjoy your new commie overlords, Hawaii.

I’m sure they’d welcome their new communist overlords with glee.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Now thats ironic
View Quote
In photos, he looks like he's a bit over 5ft tall.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now thats ironic
5'6"
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#24]

A Mexican literally paying for the wall with 14 billion? It couldn't get any funnier.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
LOL.  I hope Trump can make this happen.

View Quote
Well that's one way for the Mexicans to pay for The Wall.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm wondering, does he have money stashed in a bank account somewhere? And how do they go about seizing his homes in Mexico?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#27]
If he can pull it off that would be a major coup for Trump.  Mexico would pay for the wall
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The US is not holding the money.

The money is hidden, off the books, and the US will never see any significant amount of it, ever.

Trump isn’t going to lock-down the border, ever. Trump hires illegals at his hotels and properties. Trump said what he needed to say about border security to get elected.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Eminent domain. for the public good. we are allowed to build protective devices separating countries right?
View Quote
Only a small number of miles in Texas would need to be acquired via eminent domain. There already exists a right-of-way from the pacific ocean to Texas which includes all public land adjoining the Rio Grand river. Excluded from the reservation are lands already legally deeded in 1907 when the proclamation was made.

Areas along the Rio Grande in Texas which were privately held prior to 1907, don't already have a wall, and aren't a natural barrier due to terrain are fairly small. Most of that acreage is held in large tracts by huge ranches and trusts. Additionally, the fair market value of that land (which is how eminent domain condemnations are valued) is very low due to the scrubland nature of the property.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
LOL.  I hope Trump can make this happen.

View Quote
It's really pretty simple.

Trump redistributes the black ops profits made by the CIA - who funded all this - and voila, the wall is built.

What, the CIA isn't involved in drug distribution in America? Hmm. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Clinton+ships+drugs+thru+Mena+AR&t=ffab&ia=web

Commonly known and accepted fact.

Wake up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The need for cheap labor is the second least important reason for opposition to controlling the border.
You can't even imagine the most important reason.
View Quote
Cheap labor is *the* reason Trump Corp wants open-borders...

What is the most important reason...?-?

Drugs?

Prostitution, human trafficking?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fingers crossed, but not holding my breathe.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The US is not holding the money.

The money is hidden, off the books, and the US will never see any significant amount of it, ever.

Trump isn’t going to lock-down the border, ever. Trump hires illegals at his hotels and properties. Trump said what he needed to say about border security to get elected.
https://i.imgur.com/K74GFSj.gif
Trump broke a campaign promise? Blame Romney!

Blame Romney.

Move the goalposts.

Lie, obfuscate, pass the blame.

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Drugs?

View Quote
You really hate Trump, don't you?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I like this plan
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Drugs?

View Quote
It would be interesting to find out if Congress would EVER pass an e-verify law.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There's a structure on the border.  It's called a wall.

https://cdni.rt.com/files/2018.10/article/5bd4347ddda4c8781b8b4603.JPG
View Quote
So the walls already built along the entire Mexican border? What's there has been there. There will be no more.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not aircraft and vehicles though...….
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also the CFR definition of "equipment" excludes "real property" - i.e. buildings / real estate / etc.
Your plan is to use El Chapo's money to buy a bunch of Predator drones and crash them all in a pile and use that as the wall?

Sounds pricey.

But probably not the dumbest proposal in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Your plan is to use El Chapo's money to buy a bunch of Predator drones and crash them all in a pile and use that as the wall?

Sounds pricey.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also the CFR definition of "equipment" excludes "real property" - i.e. buildings / real estate / etc.

Sounds pricey.

Ha...ha!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drugs?

Trump's not a Saint.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drugs?

The LDS wants cheap labor and are very "progressive" when it comes to illegal alien laboring away on their farms and packing houses...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Building the wall will stop some other on-going expenditures. IF done correctly, this would slow down the debt's growth so we could being to address it.

but as long as more costs arrive illegally every day, the debt will continue to grow. (Yes, there are many other items contributing to the debt, but this seems like an easy place to start)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want the wall and everything but all that “free money” should go toward our debt. Gotta start paying it down sometime.
Building the wall will stop some other on-going expenditures. IF done correctly, this would slow down the debt's growth so we could being to address it.

but as long as more costs arrive illegally every day, the debt will continue to grow. (Yes, there are many other items contributing to the debt, but this seems like an easy place to start)
I would rather Trump find the money for the wall somewhere else (dems( ha right!) or declare national emergency.

Either way it won’t matter. That money would disappear and we will/ would never know where it went.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#43]
The US taxpayers fund the justice system that caught and convicted him.

How about distributing his money to the US taxpayers ?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not holding my breathe but would like to see it happen.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So the walls already built along the entire Mexican border? What's there has been there. There will be no more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's a structure on the border.  It's called a wall.

https://cdni.rt.com/files/2018.10/article/5bd4347ddda4c8781b8b4603.JPG
It's not built on the entire Mexican border.

You seem confused.  Here's a map for you.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Trump's not a Saint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drugs?

Trump's not a Saint.
Trump's not a demon, either.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Would be awesome, but D's will "repurpose" those funds for "challenged communities devastated by drugs", after taking their customary 90% cut.
View Quote
They can’t. It would take a bill that President Trump would have to sign.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL never going to happen. unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Trump was right after all, "A Mexican will build the wall".
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Eminent domain. for the public good. we are allowed to build protective devices separating countries right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They won't. The argument will be made that these seizures always go to law enforcement programs and they rely on it. So if Trump takes it he will be "stealing from law enforcement" and hampering "efforts against crime" or some bullshit.

And my "law enforcement programs" I mean fake programs made up with  friends and family put in as managers that draw massive salaries.
A wall would be a law enforcement tool. border patrol and ICE said they want one.
Seized money in this case would go to the DoJ and would be managed by the US Marshal service.

Border Patrol and ICE do not fall under the DoJ.
but they are a LE service. Gifting. the AG can gift a wall.
No.  A wall is not a Law Enforcement activity.

And no, the AG cannot gift money to another Department, if the activities it funds do not fall within the parameters of the law.

It could fund DoJ correctional facilities, but not DHS detention facilities.
Build it in removable sections.
Build it where?   On whose property?
You have to pay those US citizens for that land.

You cannot use seized money from the DoJ for that purpose.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top