Attachment Attached File

So glad we are spending money on uniform stuff again with the .mil

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The camo effect is amazing!
View Quote

I know!!  It almost looks like a solid color!
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The AF constantly wastes time and money on stupid uniform changes.

I was instrumental in stopping the blue flights suits back in the mid 1980s.

There was a program called Project Warrior to try to get all the shoe clerks to think like a warrior and at the same time a big push with testing of changing the green flight suits to a blue flight suit.

I was a 2nd Lt. We had 2 guys in the unit demoing the new blue flight suits.

Some 2 star showed up to see how the blue flight suits were working out

the 2 star wanted a newbie opinion. He brought me into a closed door room and told me to tell me what I thought, don't hold back, don't tell me what I want to hear, tell me what you think of the blue flight suits.

I told him that I didn't understand the reason, we have a project warrior program to try to get shoe clerks to think like a warrior and have the mentality of being part of the combat team and at the same time we take  actual warriors and make them look like they are selling ice cream for a living completely changing their combat uniform to a non-combat uniform. It's stupid.

30 days later, the blue flight suit program was cancelled

The USAF for some reason has a near constant desire to refocus away from combat ops and the mission and spend time and money changing uniforms and other stupid shit. I never understood it.
View Quote
.   WTF?      No way did that happen.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Unless they’re attached to a forward deployed unit they have zero need for camo.
View Quote

WHAT?!?

Attachment Attached File

But the .mil spent millions on the design, production, and issuance of camo uniforms for all the branches.  Even the coast guard has camo uniforms.  Maybe when they are under the DOD rather than the DHS.  And now you say it’s not needed.  Someone should have said something up front.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And that Holdgren chick has the hate-filled eyes and thousand-yard trailer park stare that I find attractive in a junior enlisted females. At least until the first stabbing.
View Quote
You are an absolute fucking treasure to this site
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems dumb they had to wear camo to and from job and change into coveralls and out again .

Being able to wear coveralls all the time seems like an improvement regardless of what they look like.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Getting closer to the Starship Troopers uniforms.
View Quote

Lol. My first thought was this.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Gee.  Some of us in maintenance back in the early '80s were asking for issued coveralls for flightline work, cleaned by the QM laundry, so were weren't constantly having to pay out of our own pockets to replace uniforms because of the fuel/ oil/ hydraulic fluid/ grease stains.  Of course the answer was "no".

I can see the use for the coveralls.  I can't see the use for all the attached crap - should be a simple velcro patch and an attached simple cloth panel with name, rank, and USAF.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#9]
reminds me of what my dad wore every day of the 1970s
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Seems dumb they had to wear camo to and from job and change into coveralls and out again .

Being able to wear coveralls all the time seems like an improvement regardless of what they look like.
View Quote

The air force's mx uniform policies were an inconsistent mixed bag varying from figuratively retarded to clinically retarded.  

As former aircraft MX,  This is a step on the right direction, but will still end up with leadership and nonners bitching about mechanics that look like mechanics.  Just like they do now.

Coyote brown would look better though IMHO.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#11]
All those models look like they fell out of Bloom County.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]
About time.

I have no idea how many sets of BDU's I replaced because fuel or oil or grease soaked through my coveralls and ruined the uniform underneath.

The other option was to take off the uniform before putting on the coveralls which was technically not allowed.  

The gray color though is going to be a hot mess after a few days. They better have a ton of these things or some really good cleaning solutions for them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And that Holdgren chick has the hate-filled eyes and thousand-yard trailer park stare that I find attractive in a junior enlisted females. At least until the first stabbing.

He's a poet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Where was that IDF chick from a few days ago. I'd bet any uniform she put on would be good to go
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember when everyone just wore BDUs. All branches.

It worked pretty good.

Not sure why we have 87 different uniforms now.

This new AF uniform makes them look like correction officers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, when you're actually maintaining aircraft, you get dirty (maybe not USAF aircraft?). So, in theory, coveralls went on over the uniform you were supposed to be keeping clean.
Coveralls were not a "uniform", so you were supposed to have the uniform on under.

In practice, the uniform shirt went into the locker and we just wore a white T shirt under the coveralls.
In the summer when it was 115F at China Lake, we might have even worn shorts under the coveralls, but that would certainly have been against Navy regs.

But the key thing was our light blue shirts stayed clean and the denim dungaree pants didn't show dirt much.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#18]
It doesn’t matter what color they wear from a practical standpoint, but if they are going to wear OCP headgear and name tapes with it they could at least make it coyote brown.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't understand the beef.

They put people in camo, everyone laughs about why maintainers need camo.

They put them in solid colors, everyone laughs that isn't not camo.

This is the whole "velcro" stupidity all over again.

Bunch of drunks at a bar just shooting off at the mouth.

View Quote
The green fatigues used in the 1970's seemed to work fine.   (Although the BDU's were more functional)  
These new designs are almost coming back full circle to those.

But why keep changing things?    

Why can't the leadership make even a token effort to keep their ego's under control and stop tampering with things that don't need to be changed?

I guess enforcing standards and training to get a highly effective force isn't as much fun as playing with uniforms.

edit to add:    "McPeak"
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#20]
They look like imperial officer uniforms from StarWars
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The green fatigues used in the 1970's seemed to work fine.   (Although the BDU's were more functional)  
These new designs are almost coming back full circle to those.

But why keep changing things?    

Why can't the leadership make even a token effort to keep their ego's under control and stop tampering with things that don't need to be changed?

I guess enforcing standards and training to get a highly effective force isn't as much fun as playing with uniforms.
View Quote

My thought is that coveralls that are “uniforms” is a great practical idea.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't understand the beef.

They put people in camo, everyone laughs about why maintainers need camo.

They put them in solid colors, everyone laughs that isn't not camo.

This is the whole "velcro" stupidity all over again.

Bunch of drunks at a bar just shooting off at the mouth.

View Quote

Solid color makes sense, but why not a solid color that matches the other uniform items it’s worn with?  Since they are using OCP caps and name tapes coyote brown would be the logical choice.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Solid color makes sense, but why not a solid color that matches the other uniform items it’s worn with?  Since they are using OCP caps and name tapes coyote brown would be the logical choice.
View Quote

I’m not wearing a hat on flight line. I like the coveralls.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Someone told me that the people in the Air Force sit around all day in recliners playing xbox,, seems like a weird thing to wear for lounging around
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would look a lot like a flight suit and impinge on the specialness afforded to the special.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That would look a lot like a flight suit and impinge on the specialness afforded to the special.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't flight suits still green?
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Well, it’s a man… so…

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Aren't flight suits still green?
View Quote

I’ve been issued brown/tan flight suits before. I think aircrew wear them in certain areas?

Interestingly, we had Velcro added to the sleeves and for tapes, just like these coveralls.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Fugging waste of $$. We already have OCP pattern coveralls in our motorpools. The AF has beed approved to wear the OCP patterned uniform for a while now, the can wear OCP overalls too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Better tie her down or she’ll blow away on the flight line
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Nice touch with the pinstripes.
But then the WWII marine uniforms for a while had a pinstripe type fabric
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Aaaaannnd, now more SHARP training.

View Quote

I'm not sure what SHARP training is...but I'm game as long as I can sit next to Holdren in class.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Makes sense.
I like it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what SHARP training is...but I'm game as long as I can sit next to Holdren in class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aaaaannnd, now more SHARP training.

That's when, often immediately following the training where they tell you there is no difference between men and women, you learn that all men are inherently rapists and that if a man and a woman had sex while drunk, the woman is a victim and the man is an assailant.

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck I hope this is some kind of satire and not serious. If true I’m so glad I’m out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Bottle Rocket (6/8) Movie CLIP - Little Banana (1996) HD
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#38]
They really went all out there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, it IS the USAF. Not like they really need to wear camo or be military looking......

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They look like imperial officer uniforms from StarWars
View Quote

Hugo Boss did it better when it came to Grey uniforms.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#41]
We have had those for a long time, the change is that people can wear them to and from work now instead of wearing the OCP camo in and then changing into the coveralls.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I’ve been issued brown/tan flight suits before. I think aircrew wear them in certain areas?

Interestingly, we had Velcro added to the sleeves and for tapes, just like these coveralls.
View Quote

I’ve had brown, tan, orange, and the standard green.  I liked the two piece OCP style flight suits best. They were all location and/or mission specific.  

The dark blue ‘cone head’ one-sy that McPeak and minions created for the missile guys was the gayest of the gay.  The missile guys seemed to like them though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#43]
If they are issued the great. The issued uniforms get expensive to replace and the cost exceeds the clothing allowance.

I used to wear green coveralls on the ramp to keep from having to buy tons of uniforms.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a program called Project Warrior to try to get all the shoe clerks to think like a warrior and at the same time a big push with testing of changing the green flight suits to a blue flight suit.

the 2 star wanted a newbie opinion. He brought me into a closed door room and told me to tell me what I thought, don't hold back, don't tell me what I want to hear, tell me what you think of the blue flight suits.

I told him that I didn't understand the reason, we have a project warrior program to try to get shoe clerks to think like a warrior and have the mentality of being part of the combat team and at the same time we take  actual warriors and make them look like they are selling ice cream for a living completely changing their combat uniform to a non-combat uniform. It's stupid.

The USAF for some reason has a near constant desire to refocus away from combat ops and the mission and spend time and money changing uniforms and other stupid shit. I never understood it.

It sure did.

Maintenance troops have been testing shorts on the ramp as a test. They like them in the summer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#45]
The sky was blue during Trumps time in office

Now it's gray with Xiden in office

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
About time.

I have no idea how many sets of BDU's I replaced because fuel or oil or grease soaked through my coveralls and ruined the uniform underneath.

The other option was to take off the uniform before putting on the coveralls which was technically not allowed.  

The gray color though is going to be a hot mess after a few days. They better have a ton of these things or some really good cleaning solutions for them.
View Quote

At Luke I wore shorts under my coveralls.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:08:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Being back the blue tiger stripe ABU

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Notice the “mechanic’s tool apron” visible on the guy standing on the main gear
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#49]
That's the most sexless looking woman they could have picked to model their shitty overalls
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's all McPeak's fault.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top