BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as the maintainers like them, I don't see the problem.  

One of the recruiters in the office I contracted in ('84) was an air winger who maintained A4 Skyhawks.  He said they'd sew down the pockets and pocket flaps of their Vietnam-era ERDL utilities (blouse and trousers) so they wouldn't get caught on sharp corners and such and tear or rip as they did their thing on the aircraft.

These don't look terrible IMHO.  Hope they're loaded with pockets.
View Quote

Don't know about rips and tears, but lots of people had the buttons removed from their BDUs and all the pockets sewn down. This was back in the day when you were actually expected to iron your uniform...trying to iron down those pocket flaps otherwise was a PITA.

I know one great reason I'd hate a coverall. Used to take off my uniform blouse and spread it underneath whatever component I was changing. Worked like a champ as a FOD catcher. The alternative was spending two hours with a flashlight, mirror and magnet trying to retrieve all the hardware I'd drop into the ribs. Bench stock should never be open access on a flightline...
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The AF constantly wastes time and money on stupid uniform changes.

I was instrumental in stopping the blue flights suits back in the mid 1980s.

There was a program called Project Warrior to try to get all the shoe clerks to think like a warrior and at the same time a big push with testing of changing the green flight suits to a blue flight suit.

I was a 2nd Lt. We had 2 guys in the unit demoing the new blue flight suits.

Some 2 star showed up to see how the blue flight suits were working out

the 2 star wanted a newbie opinion. He brought me into a closed door room and told me to tell me what I thought, don't hold back, don't tell me what I want to hear, tell me what you think of the blue flight suits.

I told him that I didn't understand the reason, we have a project warrior program to try to get shoe clerks to think like a warrior and have the mentality of being part of the combat team and at the same time we take  actual warriors and make them look like they are selling ice cream for a living completely changing their combat uniform to a non-combat uniform. It's stupid.

30 days later, the blue flight suit program was cancelled

The USAF for some reason has a near constant desire to refocus away from combat ops and the mission and spend time and money changing uniforms and other stupid shit. I never understood it.
View Quote

Too bad Merrill "Tony" McPeak did not listen to your sage advice when he changed our dress blues into Delta airlines uniforms.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Camo so good her tits completely disappeared.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Space Force has some neet uniforms
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 12:16:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hate one piece garments, like flight suits, so there’s that.

My biggest question is why did they put a space between the pockets and the name tapes?

Are these going to be individual property, maintained out of the clothing allowance, or unit property that can be dx’d?  

And that Holdgren chick has the hate-filled eyes and thousand-yard trailer park stare that I find attractive in a junior enlisted females. At least until the first stabbing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 12:37:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks exactly like what Fletch wore as a plane mechanic

Fletch (7/10) Movie CLIP - Fletch Inspects a Plane (1985) HD
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 12:40:01 AM EDT
[#9]
"...able to wear to and from base..."

That's the point of the uniform and will be a major time saver and convenience for the airmen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 12:41:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm glad DOD has fixed all the serious problems they have and can spend money on newly designed coveralls.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top