Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/15/2024 5:19:08 PM EDT
Anybody got a suggestion on a good one? I seem to burn through these with some regularity. So dollar tree offerings get used because, hey they are a buck and lasted just as long as spendier stuff. It always presents itself at the end of a long day, and you are NOT, making that drive back to town to make sure your electronic leash is fully charged.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Anker
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The dollar tree cables work great until they don't

Order off ebay.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anker
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Anker or Belkin?  They are all from the same chinese factory.  

The ones that come w/ phones are usually the best I've found.  Try to locate some Samsung or Motorolla brand cables if you don't want the e-waste crap that amazon sells.

Buy 2 at a time so you're ready for the next breakage.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anker
View Quote

FPNI

Anker is a good brand.

And with the amount of cables I've acquired over the years, I'm shocked when someone only has one, and it's a ratted out almost failing piece of shit.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Apple. All things Apple.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Anker
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Buy a bunch of spares so you do not get stuck at the end of the day.  At a dollar a pop,... I mean COME ON!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Depends on what you're doing with it.

just charging? Want something that lasts? Get something that's braided

Charging and syncing data? Get a name brand (Anker, Ugreen, Apple, Belkin). Make sure it's both a "charge" and "sync".

if charging a laptop or larger tablet.. you want a cable that says "PD" or Power Delivery.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't ever remember breaking any USB C cable.  Micro and mini, sure.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#13]
What are you doing with said cable?  Charging your phone,  or piping video ?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anker
View Quote

2nd, they make good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#15]
2nd...or 3rd or 4th.......

Anker all the things! Cables, battery banks, chargers I've never had a problem with anything from them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I buy the USB-C cables in like 5 packs.  The colored braided ones from amazon.  We use them at work with R&D and a device farm.  We put more "plug it in and un plug it" cycles on our cables than the common man by a factor of like 10.  And we pipe data over them millions times more than the average user.

IMO, they hold up exceptionally well given the $3-4 price tag for each one.  Eventually they give up the ghost and only work when plugged in a certain direction.

My highest quality USB-C cable is a monster thick $40 apple thunderbolt cable.  I tend to only break out that bad boy when I need thunderbolt data transfer performance.  SSD over thunderbolt can saturate the bandwidth of the USB-C cable.  I step it up to the fancy cable and get double the data transfer speed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Are the braided ones waterproof? I need one for the MC.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#18]
high dollar ones from harbour freight.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anker
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are the braided ones waterproof? I need one for the MC.
View Quote

I think the cable itself is waterproof enough.  Not like the connection between the port and the cable is waterproof.  You're not charging your phone at the bottom of the pool.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Get high watt rated ones - you can actually push 100 Watt through these - if you get one rated for it.  Get one video rated for even better quality than that.

I just get AMAZON multipacks or even TEMU.  I like the ones with the little LED DISPLAY of how many Watts are flowing, neat.  And also means they made it rated high enough to actually flow high watts.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Charging and syncing data? Get a name brand (Anker, Ugreen, Apple, Belkin). Make sure it's both a "charge" and "sync".

if charging a laptop or larger tablet.. you want a cable that says "PD" or Power Delivery.

View Quote

Most USB cables are crap. Braided outside sheaths are much better. Anker and some of the higher end brands gets you a little more robust metal end.

Use case dictates what you need to look for. The above listed advice on charging, data and PD is correct. Where I work now we power and get touch screen data for industrial kiosks via USB C.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Depends on use. If uploading data I’d recommend a couple brands with 3.2 2nd Gen cables but generic rough use outdoors? Probably Nomad or if you want Walmart type access I guess Anker.

GE Phillips has some cables at the Navy Exchange for $11 if you want cheap and use military bases.

There’s plenty of brands depends on use but most are 2.0
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Most of my cables that seem to last are the Anker cables i've gotten off of amazon. I've got an amazon basics one too thats doing well. I travel a lot with them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Apple. All things Apple.
View Quote

Apples are gay. Plus the new ones use......... usb c
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anker

This!

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Inductive charger for the win, then cable charge as necessary.  No cables to burn up.
View Quote

I got a case to convert the Samsung to apple's wireless charger. Now I can magnetically connect it to the car and charge at the same time. Wireless isn't exactly fast, but it's very convenient
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#29]
If uploading data this guys reviews are relevant so for my phone and purposes his review was helpful although he didn’t cover a couple brands I expected he mostly works off Amazon listings buys them reviews them then hopes YouTube pays him for views or Amazon referrals. I don’t use Amazon so I bought direct from the companies since none were available at the military base exchanges

I Tested 20+ USB-C Cables - Here's My Top 5 Cables For The iPhone 15
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I got a case to convert the Samsung to apple's wireless charger. Now I can magnetically connect it to the car and charge at the same time. Wireless isn't exactly fast, but it's very convenient
View Quote

10W or less seems inconvenient
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Apples are gay. Plus the new ones use......... usb c
View Quote

They are but unfortunately useful for some specific purposes as even DDayCobra learned on his cross country livestream trip to Las Vegas from Pensacola area
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#32]
go to Monoprice.

/thread
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Really depends on what you're doing with it.

High speed data? Hight wattage needs? Or just charging a phone?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Most of my cables that seem to last are the Anker cables i've gotten off of amazon. I've got an amazon basics one too thats doing well. I travel a lot with them.
View Quote

Anker sells direct I bought from them directly when I was working as a machinist in 2020 and needed tunes for the long 7 am to 7 pm shifts
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Just buy like a 12-pack off various sizes for $10 from Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Magnetic connectors so you're not pulling hard on the cable to unplug it
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anker
View Quote

Our go-to brand for cables and such at work.  We buy quite a good bit of phone accessories.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#38]
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1762222-REG/belkin_cab014bt2mbk_100w_usb_c_to_usb_c.html

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Anker braided are all I use but make sure the cable you are buying does what you want it to do.

USB-C is the connector not the capability of the cable. Some are charge only. Some charge and transmit data. Some are capable of Thunderbolt.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anker or Belkin?  They are all from the same chinese factory.  

The ones that come w/ phones are usually the best I've found.  Try to locate some Samsung or Motorolla brand cables if you don't want the e-waste crap that amazon sells.

Buy 2 at a time so you're ready for the next breakage.
View Quote

As far as iPhone lightning even though Belkin is MFI their cables aren’t rugged and never last long for me
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
2nd...or 3rd or 4th.......

Anker all the things! Cables, battery banks, chargers I've never had a problem with anything from them.
View Quote

I’ve spent about $500 on their stuff since 2020 and a couple cables performed poorly but everything else was good to go as well as the other cables. Could be freak bad luck on the 2 that didn’t perform
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

MagSafe. It's called MagSafe.

Apple contributed it to the new QI 2 wireless charging standard, so any Android phone that will support it will have the magnets in it. I really dig that feature, though I am using an iPhone currently. I've got a few other accessories that work with MagSafe.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s fun watching you close the loop on exactly why Apple has kept lightening connectors for so long,  
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Another for Anker, but I did buy a 5 pack of 6ft cords branded JSAUX from Amazon 2 summers ago that are mainly used at work and on the patio that have held up great.

ETA: they charge and can be used to connect your phone to a PC for data transfer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anker
View Quote

I only use Anker. Probably have a dozen or two around the house, laptop bag and work.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anker
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Apple Thunderbolt Pro
A Look Inside Apple's $130 USB-C Cable

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What are you doing with said cable?  Charging your phone,  or piping video ?
View Quote

That’s what I’m wondering. I almost never have to replace bad cables.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#50]
The one that came with my GoPro is sturdy and I've been using them for data transfer on different devices and for charging. I even brought with me on a few trips. Only problem is it's a short cable.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top