Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

All ships have nicknames.  Shitty kitty,  Forest Fire,  Pierpuppy....    you know what this ship's nickname will be, right?

The Mrs Potatohead

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate to be a dick, but how exactly is her story "courageous"? How about a USS Chris Kyle?  

How is his story courageous? He got shot. Story over.

really? I had to read that post twice...that's just so full of fuck I can't even begin to tell where it starts and ends.  it's like a infinite fucktardedness...just...fuck...it is the event horizon of fuck.  you can actually be proud of being the epitome of fucking stupid that statement Is so fucking fucked up. wow.

Need to work on your fucks, bro

Here's the point: It doesn't matter. First off, she was an American leader who survived an assassination attempt, against pretty much all odds. By any definition, she's a fucking medical miracle.

Second, who cares? There are tons of stupid fucking names for boats in the Navy. They named a carrier after Reagan. You know the President who tried to enact strict gun control? Oh yea, but because he was a Republican, we look the other way.  They named a boat after a place in the Bahamas? They named boats after Chancellorsville, a battle in which you could argue, the wrong side won. Named a sub after Jimmy Carter, whom I'm betting everyone on here hates.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Please tell me it's a fucking inflatable......
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

you know what this ship's nickname will be, right?

USS Headshot

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

you know what this ship's nickname will be, right?

USS Headshot

bingo!
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard it will be crewed by the first all gay crew. Can someone verify this?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#8]
As stated Chris Kyle would be a good one. All of the recent MOH recipients from Iraq/Afghanistan are also much more deserving than the sack of shit Giffords.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's not a C-130.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Fucking bull shit, I hate when they use something like the naming of a ship for political agendas.  She did nothing to deserve this honor.  I feel bad for the sailors that will be assigned to this ship.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Welcome to 13 months ago.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate to be a dick, but how exactly is her story "courageous"? How about a USS Chris Kyle?  

What a dipwad.  13 er?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#13]
At least we know that it can survive a shot to the bridge.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

really? I had to read that post twice...that's just so full of fuck I can't even begin to tell where it starts and ends.  it's like a infinite fucktardedness...just...fuck...it is the event horizon of fuck.  you can actually be proud of being the epitome of fucking stupid that statement Is so fucking fucked up. wow.

Here's the point: It doesn't matter. First off, she was an American leader who survived an assassination attempt, against pretty much all odds. By any definition, she's a fucking medical miracle.

Second, who cares? There are tons of stupid fucking names for boats in the Navy. They named a carrier after Reagan. You know the President who tried to enact strict gun control? Oh yea, but because he was a Republican, we look the other way.  They named a boat after a place in the Bahamas? They named boats after Chancellorsville, a battle in which you could argue, the wrong side won. Named a sub after Jimmy Carter, whom I'm betting everyone on here hates.

I think the point in this matter is the continuation of naming warships in honor of insignificant people. Really, what has she done in 5 years as a Congresswoman The naming of warships has gone trivial.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Works for LCS

One hit and you'll have to retire her.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The entire LCS program should be scrapped as a consequence of sequestration.

Parking the carriers and deferring maintenance so they can crank out this junk is verging on criminal negligence.

This is what I was wondering, What about the OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sequester?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if, on this ship, there will be a hole in the Head?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I am remain disgusted with this administration.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They named a carrier after Reagan. You know the President who tried to enact strict gun control? Oh yea, but because he was a Republican, we look the other way.  

Reagan DID NOT try to "enact strict gun control".  President Reagan DID NOT lobby Congress to enact more gun laws restricting gun owners rights.  The GOPA that he signed was a net win for gun owners, the Hughes Amendment not withstanding-which he had nothing to do with.  

If Reagan had his way, the DCM would have released surplus M14s the same way M1 were sold.  The GCA of 1968 prevented it-the law signed by dimocRat president LBJ.

Let me guess-you're a libertarian.  That would explain your uninformed "blame the Republicans for everything" bullshit.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Ugh, I was hoping this would be a Duffel Blog article or something.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm all WTF over this
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#25]
So get ready for the USS Clinton.  That will kill two birds with one stone, what with all the sequester going on.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Nothing surprises me anymore. Nothing!

They could put a nude sculpture of Obama at Mt Rushmore and I would wonder why it took them so long.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#28]
USS Potato

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Just when you thought we hit rock bottom.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I clicked on this expecting something from the Onion or the Duffelblog
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Nothing surprises me anymore. Nothing!

They could put a nude sculpture of Obama at Mt Rushmore and I would wonder why it took them so long.

Good Lord.  Don't give them any ideas, please.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go away.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about the USNS Ceasar Chavez? Link

What's the problem? Veteran, served during the war?

Communist.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Will it have a built in hole through the side of it?

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most successful sniper in US military history maybe?  For fucks sake....

So he did his job? Should we start naming boats for everyone in the military who did their jobs?

How about we start with guys who posthumously got the MoH. You know, people who don't have books written about them.

Do you deliberately go out of your way to post inflammatory statements? Or are you just a fucking asshole?

It's deliberate. Over 2,000 of them and you're just now noticing?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Entirely political. We are in occupied territory folks. I'm fairly well convinced that either all my guns will be confiscated before I die, or they'll be smoking when I die.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troll often?

Yes. Yes he does.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
And we are decommissioning the USS United States...

yahoo article

WTF is wrong with our "leaders"

That's not Navy, that's an ocean liner.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#39]
she is still alive!!!

what did she do? besides get shot???there is so little in that woman's head a 9mm went strait through it and did no damage...

This is Bull shit there are real heroes who did real time whose name is far far far more deserving.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most successful sniper in US military history maybe?  For fucks sake....

So he did his job? Should we start naming boats for everyone in the military who did their jobs?

How about we start with guys who posthumously got the MoH. You know, people who don't have books written about them.

Do you deliberately go out of your way to post inflammatory statements? Or are you just a fucking asshole?

It's deliberate. Over 2,000 of them and you're just now noticing?

Oh I've noticed.  I'd like to take him to the pit, but he ain't worth that much of my time, and I don't have search function to bring up more of his gems.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Oh I've noticed.  I'd like to take him to the pit, but he ain't worth that much of my time, and I don't have search function to bring up more of his gems.  

You are correct, Sir.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

As "it's not gay when you're underway" would that make them the first all straight crew?

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Slateman: The absolute faggot piece of shit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#44]
So will it slowly go in circles and have excessive comm issues?
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#45]
This is pure Bullshit

Who makes these decisions
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Yeah.  This decision isn't politically motivated.

Nope.  No chance of that.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is pure Bullshit

Who makes these decisions

The same people that think gays serving openly in the military is a swell idea.

Or that women should have equal career opportunities in Combat Arms fields like infantry, artillery, and armor.

That's who.
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Cool.  We have a uses Gabrielle giffords but no uss Chris Kyle or Martin Luther king jr, etc.  I can think of many people that are way more deserving of that honor and that actually gave their lives and actually did something for this country
Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Just wait until they announce the USS Joe Biden or the USS Barack HUSSEIN Obama

it will happen

part of Obama rubbing America's nose in shit

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top