Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/29/2015 7:41:41 PM EDT
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ronda-rousey-responds-to-bethe-correia-s-suicide-joke--promises--comeuppance-222404840-mma.html

Brazilian bantamweight Bethe Correia caused quite a stir Tuesday when she said that she hopes Ronda Rousey doesn’t ‘kill herself’ after their UFC 190 title tilt on Aug. 1.

That comment, alone, could be looked at as a bit of a promotional snafu, even without any prior context. However, when you take into account that Rousey’s father killed himself when she was just 8, then the barb takes on a whole new level of disrespect.

There's pre-fight "smack talk" and then there's "fightin' words"......Correia may have just bought a ticket to the local hospice care clinic.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Those scowls could shrivel a dinosaur's erection

In before the arm dislocation
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone's going to get hurt..
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Ronda is going to rip her arm completely off.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
So.....win by arm bar in 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds.  Wow, how exciting.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm trying to figure out which is a greater display of showmanship, the scripted "fighting words" or their figures.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone's going to get hurt..
View Quote

Yeah, the pay-per-view customers who will shell out a hundred bucks for a few seconds of actual fight time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Possible she doesn't let go until the arm breaks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I look forward to watching the .gif of the fight the next day.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, she won't release the arm when she taps or the ref says stop.  The arm will break.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do believe Iron Mike Tyson was putting men down like that when he was in his prime.
Knocking men out not by arm bar.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Sweet an emotional cat fight.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I do believe Iron Mike Tyson was putting men down like that when he was in his prime.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tyson/McNeely is why I won't ever buy PPV again.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#15]
One can make the argument that to be successful in any of the fight games one needs physical ability , training and technical skills and one
should distance oneself from the head games .

In this case there is going to be some real hate
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#16]
But those thighs tho...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#17]
My guess is it ain't gonna be an armbar that finishes this one it going to be cause a ref pulled Ronda off a beaten half to death busted up bitch.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#18]
If I had a fight planned with Ronda I would hide under my bed and stay there.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lennox Lewis vs Evander Holyfield's 1st fight was the only sports PPV I've ever purchased.  After that shit show I vowed to never again shell out cash for a fight.

Here's hoping Rousey beats that stupid Brazilian chick into a bloody pulp.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I really hope Rhonda gets beat!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Those look like some beefy chicks.

Dont know if I would want to fight them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Wait, this Rousey is the chick that constantly calls out men that she will never fight right? She's the one who finds it funny to put them in the no-win situation of talking about beating up a girl? Just making sure we're talking about the same chick. You could've said "champion of the weakest division in combat sport history" then we would all know who you're referring to. I mean how many divisions are there where the champ can beat every one below him by armbar? Oh don't mind me, I'm just jealous I can't beat up untrained soccer moms and make millions. Hell, they try to put me in jail for it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#23]
They'd both look better doing a cooking show.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I look forward to watching the .gif of the fight the next day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wait, this Rousey is the chick that constantly calls out men that she will never fight right? She's the one who finds it funny to put them in the no-win situation of talking about beating up a girl? Just making sure we're talking about the same chick. You could've said "champion of the weakest division in combat sport history" then we would all know who you're referring to. I mean how many divisions are there where the champ can beat every one below him by armbar? Oh don't mind me, I'm just jealous I can't beat up untrained soccer moms and make millions. Hell, they try to put me in jail for it.
View Quote

I was waiting for you to show up and crush her leg humpers dreams.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you on drugs?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Ronda.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are you on drugs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you on drugs?

No, he is just Diesel.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#29]
That's classless. I'm not in love with Rousey like everybody here seems to be, I think many more male fighters have much more skill than her but don't get recognized do to their not being female. Kinda like how Danica Patrick can't race but always seems to get all the attention. But I really hope Rousey beats the hell out of this chick.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd like to be in the middle of that fight
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Ronda is going to kick that dudes ass.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope so.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Are you on drugs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you on drugs?

Sometimes. But I can't see how that's related to a juiced to the gills Judoka with no stand-up game to speak of wearing a belt and calling themselves a UFC Champion because they armbarred a couple chicks that have no business being in a cage.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone looked at any fights from the other chic?

I hope Rousey loses, simply because it is long overdue and the rematch will make them both much wealthier (by both I mean the UFC and the cable company of course!) than a one and done.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I was confused thinking Corriea was referring to Larry of Monster Hunter fame, and clicked on this thread out of confusion.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Chick fight!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ronda-rousey-responds-to-bethe-correia-s-suicide-joke--promises--comeuppance-222404840-mma.html

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Q3.ObnsGJjA2B9fNwINNLw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2015-05-29/02c170a0-0620-11e5-8609-63fdb01e7c01_bethe-overlay.jpg

Brazilian bantamweight Bethe Correia caused quite a stir Tuesday when she said that she hopes Ronda Rousey doesn’t ‘kill herself’ after their UFC 190 title tilt on Aug. 1.

That comment, alone, could be looked at as a bit of a promotional snafu, even without any prior context. However, when you take into account that Rousey’s father killed himself when she was just 8, then the barb takes on a whole new level of disrespect.

There's pre-fight "smack talk" and then there's "fightin' words"......Correia may have just bought a ticket to the local hospice care clinic.
View Quote

Just WTF am I looking at in that pic?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Giving Rousey even MORE motivation to win a fight probably isn't a fighter's best strategy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Sometimes. But I can't see how that's related to a juiced to the gills Judoka with no stand-up game to speak of wearing a belt and calling themselves a UFC Champion because they armbarred a couple chicks that have no business being in a cage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you on drugs?

2 out of her last 3 wins have came by KO or TKO with a combined TOTAL time of 1min and 22 secs.  You're right though, she punches like a girl  

edit: Add in the time for the third fight and the combined time comes out to 1min 34
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Why are those two dudes wearing dresses?

Oh wait, its Friday. Tranny thread!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I assume many of you have never seen Rousey in the body issue of the ESPN magazine.  

That or ya'll prefer the company of men.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If I had a fight planned with Ronda I would hide under my bed and stay there.
View Quote

I'd hide under the covers and hope she'd take the bait.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
But those thighs tho...
View Quote

LOL....

First thing I thought...

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you on drugs?

Let's see your bona fides. Video of your skills will.do. An Olympic medal, maybe?

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#45]
If God wanted women to play sports he'd have made them men.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

2 out of her last 3 wins have came by KO or TKO with a combined TOTAL time of 1min and 22 secs.  You're right though, she punches like a girl  

edit: Add in the time for the third fight and the combined time comes out to 1min 34
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you on drugs?

You are now aware that the KO you are referring to happened on the ground. And the TKO happened when McCann was beating the brakes off of her and she fired a one in a million knee that found McCann's liver causing the ref to stop it (prematurely imo). At any rate, no she doesn't punch like a girl. Layla Ali punched like a girl, Ronda punches like a man. A man with Palsy.

Look, nobody is saying she isn't good at beating up people who can't fight. When it comes to tapping out really bad female fighters she's one of the best at it. She would not be as successful tapping out good fighters. Cyborg, for instance.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

In before PJ
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

...or just put them in tight little shorts and make them wrestle around on the ground and beat the shit out of each other  

Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ronda is going to rip her arm completely off.
View Quote

And beat her to death with it!

I've heard that in a few movies and I'd really like to see it actually done.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top