User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was it a translation error? I'm not sure who well she speaks English.
View Quote

Pot calling kettle how copy, over.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was it a translation error? I'm not sure who well she speaks English.
View Quote

No, it was no translation error.....Correia had been throwing barbs at Rousey over her book, where Rousey talked about other unfortunate events in her life.

(from the article)
The issue with Correia’s apology is that it comes after the challenger already made more than a few, personal references to Rousey’s autobiography “My Fight/Your Fight.” She trounced Rousey in the press with comments about her past drug use, mental stability and even went as far as to bring Rousey’s mother into the mix.

So, as seemingly heartfelt as Correia’s apology is, the thought of her not being aware of Rousey’s past trauma in dealing with her Dad’s suicide is unlikely.

So, now Correia has tweeted an apology.....<translation> "Please don't break my arms"
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Fight coming up this Saturday I think.  I think it goes 2 minutes, then done.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No, she won't release the arm when she taps or the ref says stop.  The arm will break.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So.....win by arm bar in 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds.  Wow, how exciting.

No, she won't release the arm when she taps or the ref says stop.  The arm will break.
It's possible to break the joint faster than your opponent can tap out.  You just apply the full technique from the get-go instead of ratcheting it up until you hear "mata".  

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I look forward to watching the .gif of the fight the next day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's possible to break the joint faster than your opponent can tap out.  You just apply the full technique from the get-go instead of ratcheting it up until you hear "mata".  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's correct. Instead of torquing gradually, you just go straight to the cracking noise and get up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Fronters gonna front.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#9]
How good is Correia?
I know people keep saying Rousey and Cyborg would be the ultimate match.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, the pay-per-view customers who will shell out a hundred bucks for a few seconds of actual fight time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone's going to get hurt..

Yeah, the pay-per-view customers who will shell out a hundred bucks for a few seconds of actual fight time.

Hell I would do that for some other kind of time with Miss Rhonda.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#11]
in before her arm gets snapped
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
If I had to fight Rousey, I'd get naked, cover myself head to toe with Vaseline, and see just how fast I could get inside her guard...

Maybe get her to take me down...

Get her to ground me and pound me...

Get her in a clinch...

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Is it just me, or is UFC turning into a drama filled whiny shit show?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

What isn't?

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In before PJ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If God wanted women to play sports he'd have made them men.

In before PJ

Nah, my "Uncle" Mike, the Marine, told me, "Janie, never, ever fight the other guy's fight."  You'll never see me advocating that women play men's games.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I guess I'm different  than the majority. I prefer a fight won on skill even if quickly, over a longer boring fight with less skill.  I like effective skill and technique.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I guess I'm different  than the majority. I prefer a fight won on skill even if quickly, over a longer boring fight with less skill.  I like effective skill and technique.
View Quote
I tend to agree...

I dont think this fight will be like that though.

Ronda is gonna wait and punish her for maybe the entire fight, then she will put her out quickly.

She might even rip her arm off and beat her with the soggy end.

Ronda will win though.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I have this picture in my head of Rousey, Correia, and Mayweather all sitting down, drinking chamomile tea with their PR and marketing people, giving each other the ok to talk shit and offering ideas to help each other stay in the news. Kind of like when Hollywood celebrities "date" each other for the press.

That's what I'd do if my fights were so short that people got bored. I'd go all WWF with scripted drama.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nah, my "Uncle" Mike, the Marine, told me, "Janie, never, ever fight the other guy's fight."  You'll never see me advocating that women play men's games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before PJ

That's right - you girls get dolls and the kitchen and we get Sports, tools and the garage.  

And yes Jane, if I remember correctly you build cabinets or something to that affect and I'm sure you are much more proficient in the tool department than I am
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I thought Pride was far more exciting because they allowed juicing.
View Quote

pride was fucking awesome, I miss it
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Bethe is a rare find an unattractive Brazilian

I hope rousey crushes her.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

- That's right - you girls get dolls and the kitchen and we get Sports, tools and the garage.  

- And yes Jane, if I remember correctly you build cabinets or something to that affect and I'm sure you are much more proficient in the tool department than I am
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before PJ

- That's right - you girls get dolls and the kitchen and we get Sports, tools and the garage.  

- And yes Jane, if I remember correctly you build cabinets or something to that affect and I'm sure you are much more proficient in the tool department than I am

- You know what else we got?  Superglue and frying pans.  

- Maybe, maybe not.  Most of what I do is basic cabinetry, nothing exotic.  There are lots of people here whose skills far exceed mine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want to bet?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Rousey needs a comeuppance.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't be surprised if Rousey lost

I'll be that odd guy
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I look forward to watching the .gif of the fight the next day.
View Quote

lol.  

Good one.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was confused thinking Corriea was referring to Larry of Monster Hunter fame, and clicked on this thread out of confusion.
View Quote

but yeah, me too

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Me too.
If Ronda wanted to take a try at Larry though, she'd need a step ladder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was confused thinking Corriea was referring to Larry of Monster Hunter fame, and clicked on this thread out of confusion.

Me too.

and kevlar
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone's going to get hurt..

Boom!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Low class
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

You should go back and watch UFC 189. Specifically the Lawler MacDonald fight.

I will put up with all the drama bullshit in the world inbetween fights if they all end up like that.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/ronda-rousey-responds-to-bethe-correia-s-suicide-joke--promises--comeuppance-222404840-mma.html

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Q3.ObnsGJjA2B9fNwINNLw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2015-05-29/02c170a0-0620-11e5-8609-63fdb01e7c01_bethe-overlay.jpg

Brazilian bantamweight Bethe Correia caused quite a stir Tuesday when she said that she hopes Ronda Rousey doesn’t ‘kill herself’ after their UFC 190 title tilt on Aug. 1.

That comment, alone, could be looked at as a bit of a promotional snafu, even without any prior context. However, when you take into account that Rousey’s father killed himself when she was just 8, then the barb takes on a whole new level of disrespect.

There's pre-fight "smack talk" and then there's "fightin' words"......Correia may have just bought a ticket to the local hospice care clinic.
View Quote

I love her wide open chick wing guard......
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Rousey needs a comeuppance.
View Quote

I've been thinking it'd be funny if after all the hype her opponent comes out with a lightning fast strike to Rousey's head and she drops like a stone. Over with the first punch.

Ronda winning would make me happier, but losing like that would make MMA history.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You are now aware that the KO you are referring to happened on the ground. And the TKO happened when McCann was beating the brakes off of her and she fired a one in a million knee that found McCann's liver causing the ref to stop it (prematurely imo). At any rate, no she doesn't punch like a girl. Layla Ali punched like a girl, Ronda punches like a man. A man with Palsy.

Look, nobody is saying she isn't good at beating up people who can't fight. When it comes to tapping out really bad female fighters she's one of the best at it. She would not be as successful tapping out good fighters. Cyborg, for instance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you on drugs?

Sometimes. But I can't see how that's related to a juiced to the gills Judoka with no stand-up game to speak of wearing a belt and calling themselves a UFC Champion because they armbarred a couple chicks that have no business being in a cage.

2 out of her last 3 wins have came by KO or TKO with a combined TOTAL time of 1min and 22 secs.  You're right though, she punches like a girl  

edit: Add in the time for the third fight and the combined time comes out to 1min 34

You are now aware that the KO you are referring to happened on the ground. And the TKO happened when McCann was beating the brakes off of her and she fired a one in a million knee that found McCann's liver causing the ref to stop it (prematurely imo). At any rate, no she doesn't punch like a girl. Layla Ali punched like a girl, Ronda punches like a man. A man with Palsy.

Look, nobody is saying she isn't good at beating up people who can't fight. When it comes to tapping out really bad female fighters she's one of the best at it. She would not be as successful tapping out good fighters. Cyborg, for instance.

Cyborg, that lady who she won't fight but had no problem talking smack about

I love how SJWs were touting her as some sort of hero for taking shots at mayweather, saying she could beat mayweather (despite a weight gap yet she won't change weight classes to fight Cyborg) - then calling cyborg a tranny.
Some SJW hero.

The desire for a "you go girl!" narrative is so strong, they're willing to overlook the fact that if Rhonda were another professional athlete of a different background, we'd be calling for her to "act professional."
Sorta like what happened with Richard Sherman.

Rhonda loves to talk shit, but Cyborg put her down pretty good here.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/cris-cyborg-letter-to-ronda-rousey-its-her-spirit-im-going-to-break

When Ronda first started using my name in interviews to build hers during our Strikeforce days it use to make me mad, however it has gotten to the point that I now feel sorry for her.
You can tell she isn’t happy with life. She is world champion in the UFC and has the same grumpy face no matter what picture you see of her.

In almost every interview she gives she’s talking bad about people wether it is me, Meisha Tate, the Ring Card Girls or an Ex Boyfriend and the only time she ever says anything good about someone is when she is talking about herself…lol…I’m sure even she doesn’t really believe she’s got the best ass in MMA.

This is a girl with very few genuine friends, I mean, the UFC practically had to beg fighters to congratulate her on Twitter for making the cover of sports illustrated.
She has struggled to find an identity away from Judo and fighting and has used her money and popularity to build an entourage. How many of those horsewoman were around before her career took off? would they still be helping her if she wasn’t paying for their housing and helping their careers? Only she knows that answer, but there has to be a reason why a World Class Athlete would allow themselves to become victim of substance abuse, wether that is pain pills or other mind altering drugs.

I think a lot of her attitude is from insecurities that she has outside of the Octagon away from fighting.
When my fight career is over, I will still have the same friends I had before I started. Regardless if the fight against Ronda ever happens, I can return to Brazil and continue living a blessed life with a family that loves me in a country that admires how I’ve represented it.

I pray the Ronda can find the same happiness I have, as God has truly blessed me inside and outside the sport of MMA.
If she needs to continue bringing up my name in Interviews and constantly try to put me down for my looks, or my past mistakes, it only shows me that she still isn’t confident in herself.
There is a reason why she is saying she will only fight me at 135lbs, despite telling anyone who will listen that she would beat Cain Velasquez, fight Laila Ali, or whatever other nonsense she will come up with in her next interview, and that’s because when she loses to me she will lose her whole identity, when the cameras aren’t around and everyone has gone home, I think she’s just a really lonely-unhappy soul, and that’s a sad way to live your life.

I know the real reason why she is unwilling to step up to 140 and it has nothing to do with my past mistakes, and everything to do with her self doubt.
If the fight finally does happen, I’m not coming for the belt, it is her spirit I’m going to break, for all the mean things she has said about me. She made it personal and that isn’t something an opponent wants to do against me.

I was once a Cyborg hater, once a Rhonda fan. Rhonda's ego is so out of wack it's painful to watch.

And the ass comment, coming from a brazilian woman, that's probably about the worst insult she can even hurl, from her cultural prospective
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
and kevlar
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

and kevlar

I'm glad I'm not the only fan.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Wow, 5 pounds separates Rousey and the cyborg?  That's dumb.  Sorry, the old UFC was much better.  No rounds, no end.  You either tap or get KNOCKED OUT.  And you might fight someone 100lbs heavier.  

The UFC has made a brilliant move with this chick. They always put someone up there with her that isn't that good so she can just end them fast.  It's a great money maker.  I hope the Brazilian chick smashes her face up.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

and kevlar

The Shogun of CorreiaTech is an Arfcommer himself
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How good is Correia?
I know people keep saying Rousey and Cyborg would be the ultimate match.
View Quote

She isn't good.  The only wins she has in the UFC are against unranked fighters with terrible records (15-10, 3-3, and 16-13).  Rousey said she would like to be the first to defeat her.  Bethe beat two of Rousey's friends.  Insert a bunch of shit talking by an unworthy opponent and here we are.  This fight SHOULD be a very easy win for Rousey.  Bethe doesn't have the power to pull off a freak one punch KO so outside the overhead screens falling on the Octagon during the fight and Bethe being the first to crawl out, I don't see how she wins.  

Rousey should fight Guyborg but it should be at 135 OR Guyborg needs to come over to the UFC and earn the belt at 145 (which the UFC has no division for currently), get a following by the newer or more casual fans, then fight Rousey at 135 or a catchweight.  That is Rhonda's (and Guyborg's) big money fight.  They are going to want to build it up for the newer/casual fans.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I was expecting the combat accountant. Disappointed...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

but yeah, me too

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but yeah, me too

It's the only reason I clicked on this thread.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Ronda is going to kick that dudes ass.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#45]
This thread satisfies my need for hngggggggg
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

in before her arm gets snapped
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but yeah, me too

buncha well armed nerds, all of us
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#48]
When she's not breaking ladies' arms, she's apparently really into Pokemon

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top