BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well to be fair, the US of A spent 20 years at war and during every single one of those years our beaches looked like that too. I'd say a good chunk of our population gave zero fucks about the war effort after 9-12-01. To be honest, if Russians are dying and it's only costing us treasure and not our own blood, then so be it. I'm sure it'll take another 20 years for the corruption to be unearthed after this conflict gets memory holed.
View Quote

Was the the US mainland under active invasion during those times?
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

During world war 2 which was far larger, far more costly, and was on multiple fronts spanning millions of square miles with millions of men on both sides America still had birthday parties, time at the beach, dances, school, and other social events.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Videos in tweets.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/E61EBBF3-3A74-4062-A244-92ACE5B47994_jpe-2918285.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/67CD9A82-E6BC-4F8A-A277-E5C165E1DD60_jpe-2918286.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/6215D628-2FCF-4B15-B9C5-44C79F32E6C9_jpe-2918287.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/770F0687-4FF4-4033-BD8A-11622A989D44_jpe-2918288.JPG

During world war 2 which was far larger, far more costly, and was on multiple fronts spanning millions of square miles with millions of men on both sides America still had birthday parties, time at the beach, dances, school, and other social events.

You said the same stupid shit when someone posted a video in a Ukrainian McDonalds.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You said the same stupid shit when someone posted a video in a Ukrainian McDonalds.
View Quote

Did you know the United States didn't have a single McDonald's open during WWII? If we didn't then Ukraine shouldn't either!!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did you know the United States didn't have a single McDonald's open during WWII? If we didn't then Ukraine shouldn't either!!!!
View Quote

Geometric logic!
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#5]
After 9/11, America went to the mall, so  .
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Would you have gone to the beach if you could have drove to the border of your state to shoot terrorists?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t care if the ukes enjoy themselves after fighting. Like leave or something. These don’t seem like soldiers, but rich kids.

We didn’t stop going to beaches after 9/11 either. (And that was an attack on our home)

Would you have gone to the beach if you could have drove to the border of your state to shoot terrorists?

Not everyone is the same.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

That wasn't the point he was implying.

Anyway.

These Ukrainian beach clubs look like fun. It'll be interesting to see if they remain open under Russian occupation.

They remind me of the Nikki Beach clubs I visited on Ibiza and Mallorca 2 weeks ago.

For whatever reason there was a ton of British people on "holiday" at both.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You, Sir, do a good job of twisting your question responses regardless of the post you quote. Propaganda 101 must have been in your pre-requisites in collage...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You, Sir, do a good job of twisting your question responses regardless of the post you quote. Propaganda 101 must have been in your pre-requisites in collage...

So it has nothing to do with the "pension" part of the funding and everything to do with supporting social welfare here in the usa. After all, that's what people on the anti-Ukraine aid coalition have stated.

Quoted:

Says who?

So much projection.

Maybe if able bodied Ukrainian men fought instead of hitting the beach clubs the results would be different.

Says anyone who actually served with a modicum of military knowledge. The landbridge is the only reliable link to prison camp Crimea. Remember, they're down several ships already that can't be repaired and the Kerch bridge was set alight today.

it's now day 536 and Russia hasn't taken Kyiv yet or the "Sacred Russian city" of Odesa despite declaring they had taken all of Ukraine.

meanwhile, Russia was ejected forcefully from several "sacred Russian" cities such as Izium, Kupyansk, Balakliya, and Lyman.

Maybe if the powerful sons and daughters of the Russian oligarchs were fighting maybe your side would have won by now and not been ejected from critical cities

Where is Solyvow's son at now? The one who does modeling? Blondie?

London

@jlaudio

Quoted:

Yes we did.

Thousands of wounded troops, and those in training, enjoyed beachfront accommodations.

Nearly every airport in Florida was originally constructed to be an army air corp training base duriing WW2.

By 1942, America's training facilities in Florida were heavily overcrowded. This led to the military taking over many hotel facilities. Among the hotels used were the Don Cesar in St. Petersburg, the Hollywood Beach Hotel, The Breakers in Fort Lauderdale, the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables, and several hundred other hotels and motels throughout Florida. Some of the places were used for barracks and others were taken over as makeshift hospitals for injured military personnel sent home from overseas.

https://fcit.usf.edu/florida/lessons/ww_ii/ww_ii1.htm

Apparently we weren't at war because people were at the beach.

I would like the OP to edit the part of wikipedia on the so-called "WW2" and fact check it.

This outrage cannot stand. America was not involved in WW2

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nobody is going to accept an apples to orange comparison.

Show me photos and evidence of citizens in the Euro nations partying on the beaches as Hitler knocked on their doors.
View Quote

Was Kyiv having parties as Russia advanced to the gates in late February and early march?

No, they were laying road blocks,  handing out RPGs and AK47s, and training to fight the Russian elites.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hopefully they take all my money. That’s what some here would do if they could….

Boy, existential conflicts sure do hit different these days. A country’s survival can wait until hot girl summer is over I suppose. Hell, for the amount of money I’m paying for Biden’s grift, one would think one of the Ukrainian girls could come clean my house in that bikini. Or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hopefully they take all my money. That’s what some here would do if they could….

Boy, existential conflicts sure do hit different these days. A country’s survival can wait until hot girl summer is over I suppose. Hell, for the amount of money I’m paying for Biden’s grift, one would think one of the Ukrainian girls could come clean my house in that bikini. Or something.

Here's an "existential conflict".

Look at all of those military aged males partying after America was attacked

My tax dollars didn't go to pay for them to party at Coney Island! I demand my money back.

Quoted:
After 9/11, America went to the mall, so  .

After 9/11 the military went to war. Not America.

America went to the mall.

I need to find that photo again.

Quoted:

Geometric logic!

GASP!

Quoted:

NO WAY!

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Says anyone who actually served with a modicum of military knowledge. The landbridge is the only reliable link to prison camp Crimea. Remember, they're down several ships already that can't be repaired and the Kerch bridge was set alight today.

it's now day 536 and Russia hasn't taken Kyiv yet or the "Sacred Russian city" of Odesa despite declaring they had taken all of Ukraine.

meanwhile, Russia was ejected forcefully from several "sacred Russian" cities such as Izium, Kupyansk, Balakliya, and Lyman.

Maybe if the powerful sons and daughters of the Russian oligarchs were fighting maybe your side would have won by now and not been ejected from critical cities

Where is Solyvow's son at now? The one who does modeling? Blondie?

London

@jlaudio

View Quote

This isn't a serious post. "Anyone whos served" isn't an answer to the question I posed and I'm 100% sure there are "people who served" that disagree with you.

You keep changing the subject with red herring arguments. How exactly would Russia losing that bridge "lose them the war"?

LOL, this is really bad even for you @fadedsun
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, he is either very ignorant or being very dishonest with that. Certainly people had school dances, and birthday parties, weddings, etc. but that is not the type of thing we are discussing here and it is very dishonest to deflect in such a manner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Videos in tweets.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/E61EBBF3-3A74-4062-A244-92ACE5B47994_jpe-2918285.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/67CD9A82-E6BC-4F8A-A277-E5C165E1DD60_jpe-2918286.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/6215D628-2FCF-4B15-B9C5-44C79F32E6C9_jpe-2918287.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/770F0687-4FF4-4033-BD8A-11622A989D44_jpe-2918288.JPG

lol...

Yeah, he is either very ignorant or being very dishonest with that. Certainly people had school dances, and birthday parties, weddings, etc. but that is not the type of thing we are discussing here and it is very dishonest to deflect in such a manner.

It is so tiresome.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not surprised. Meat grinders often become a Rich Man's War, a Poor Man's Fight.
View Quote

"History of the World" in one sentence.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I suggest everyone move to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Was Kyiv having parties as Russia advanced to the gates in late February and early march?

No, they were laying road blocks,  handing out RPGs and AK47s, and training to fight the Russian elites.
View Quote

What were military aged Ukrainian males and citizens doing today on 8/13/23?

Partying at a beach club and chasing tail while begging for $12-24 billion more American dollars. It's pathetic.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted: Do you figure there's much risk of a Russian amphibious landing in Odessa these days?
View Quote

Since Ukraine sank the Moskva and put 4 amphibious assault ships out of action, no.

Moskva-sunk

Alligator class landing ship

Saratov (BDK-65)-sunk

Olenegorsky Gornyak -Ropucha class landing ship-severely damaged

Caesar Kunikov-Ropucha class landing ship-Damaged and on fire

Novocherkassk-Ropucha class landing ship-Damaged and on fire.

@brosnarp

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's really terrible; Putin's Junkers and Heinkels are going to be able to find Odessa with those lights. The city would be so much safer if it wasn't for those arrogant fools; damn them for breaking the blackout!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nightlife--in the tunnels and in the buildings and in the basements.  Not laser light shows and fireworks on the beach which, are the offerings in Odessa based on their very own website.  Let me link it again for those slow on the uptake: https://ibiza.ua/en/night

Yeah, that's really terrible; Putin's Junkers and Heinkels are going to be able to find Odessa with those lights. The city would be so much safer if it wasn't for those arrogant fools; damn them for breaking the blackout!

You don’t understand what coastal blackouts are for.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Anyway.

These Ukrainian beach clubs look like fun. It'll be interesting to see if they remain open under Russian occupation.

They remind me of the Nikki Beach clubs I visited on Ibiza and Mallorca 2 weeks ago.

https://i.imgur.com/qZbSI7D.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aTVgW0V.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mmiKLRy.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Anyway.

The beaches in Crimea stayed open until the Russians decided they needed to start building obstacles on them for some reason.

Quoted:

What were military aged Ukrainian males and citizens doing today on 8/13/23?

Partying at a beach club and chasing tail while begging for $12-24 billion more American dollars. It's pathetic.

Their casualties must have been way worse than I thought if every Ukranian military aged male was in those videos.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

American poor are fat as fuck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are too poor to have fatties.

American poor are fat as fuck

These people are obviously poorer than the poorest American. Send $$$
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please enlighten me: in an age of GPS, night vision, and thermal cameras, what are coastal blackouts for?
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Please enlighten me: in an age of GPS, night vision, and thermal cameras, what are coastal blackouts for?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same thing they were for for hundreds of years.

It is so incredibly dishonest of you to pretend lighting things up in a war zone is smart because the enemy may have night vision you should probably go to confession.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It is so incredibly dishonest of you to pretend lighting things up in a war zone is smart because the enemy may have night vision you should probably go to confession.
View Quote

'May' have night vision? Lol. Here's a little military secret for you: the Russians definitely have night vision. Not that it matters much; what do you figure the Russians are flying over Odessa these days?
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/lyqQT4Y.jpeg

Here's an "existential conflict".

Look at all of those military aged males partying after America was attacked

My tax dollars didn't go to pay for them to party at Coney Island! I demand my money back.

After 9/11 the military went to war. Not America.

America went to the mall.

I need to find that photo again.

GASP!

NO WAY!

View Quote

I suggest using a photograph from a different time as that one appears to have been taken in 1940

Title: Coney Island

Artist: Weegee (American (born Austria-Hungary), Zloczów (Zolochiv, Ukraine) 1899–1968 New York)

Printer: Sid Kaplan

Date: 1940, printed ca. 1983

Medium: Gelatin silver print

https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/263675

or

https://www.phillips.com/detail/weegee-arthur-fellig/NY040422/17

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The question wasn't "were many state fairs shut down", the question was 'were all fairs shut down'. The correct answer, of course, was no, not all fairs were shut down. North Carolina shut down their state fair; South Carolina curtailed their fair but didn't shut it down. Wisconsin shut down their state fair, Manitowoc County in Wisconsin still held theirs. We could go on and on, but we don't have to because it is an absolute, undeniable fact that not all fairs were shut down during WWII; just like it is an undeniable fact that east coast beaches were not shut down during WWII.

Do you know what Hastings, St. Leonards, Eastbourne, Brighton, Bournemouth, and Tentsmuir (your Scotland picture) all have in common? They're on the south or east coast of Scotland, where you could reasonably expect a German landing. On the west of England things were a bit different. Blackpool, 1943:

https://i.imgur.com/uu2gQ5h.jpeg

Hopefully this doesn't violate the site's prohibition on bikini pictures.

So I'll once again ask you: do you believe Odessa is in danger of a Russian landing?

I would say pretending that all fairs were shut down just because some were shut down was pretty dishonest, but thats just me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The question wasn't "were many state fairs shut down", the question was 'were all fairs shut down'. The correct answer, of course, was no, not all fairs were shut down. North Carolina shut down their state fair; South Carolina curtailed their fair but didn't shut it down. Wisconsin shut down their state fair, Manitowoc County in Wisconsin still held theirs. We could go on and on, but we don't have to because it is an absolute, undeniable fact that not all fairs were shut down during WWII; just like it is an undeniable fact that east coast beaches were not shut down during WWII.

Do you know what Hastings, St. Leonards, Eastbourne, Brighton, Bournemouth, and Tentsmuir (your Scotland picture) all have in common? They're on the south or east coast of Scotland, where you could reasonably expect a German landing. On the west of England things were a bit different. Blackpool, 1943:

So I'll once again ask you: do you believe Odessa is in danger of a Russian landing?

Quoted:
Perhaps educate yourself.

If ignorance is bliss you must be a very, very happy dude.

Conflating the two is very, very, very dishonest.

I would say pretending that all fairs were shut down just because some were shut down was pretty dishonest, but thats just me.

Where did I say that all state fairs were shut down? I specifically said “many,” not all. Suggesting I did is dishonest.

The Black Sea beaches of Ukraine are not in a potential war zone like the eastern beaches of the UK? Do those people look like they think they are facing genocide? Perhaps the wealthy of Ukraine have a different perspective possibly?
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway.

Looks like a people being genocided to me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#27]
If every Ukrainian citizen was fighting maybe the war would be over and they wouldn’t need our money.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Women are always the biggest victim in war - Hillary Clinton

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

'May' have night vision? Lol. Here's a little military secret for you: the Russians definitely have night vision. Not that it matters much; what do you figure the Russians are flying over Odessa these days?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since you don’t seem to think the Russians aren’t a threat then you must agree that we don’t need to send aid.

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Rated epic because, well, you know.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Where did I say that all state fairs were shut down? I specifically said “many,” not all. Suggesting I did is dishonest.

The Black Sea beaches of Ukraine are not in a potential war zone like the eastern beaches of the UK? Do those people look like they think they are facing genocide? Perhaps the wealthy of Ukraine have a different perspective possibly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Perhaps educate yourself.

If ignorance is bliss you must be a very, very happy dude.

Conflating the two is very, very, very dishonest.

Dishonesty is par for the course for too many of these guys.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If every Ukrainian citizen was fighting maybe the war would be over and they wouldn’t need our money.
View Quote

Oh, let's not go overboard. Ukraine is basically the 53rd or 51st state, depending on who is counting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Since you don’t seem to think the Russians aren’t a threat then you must agree that we don’t need to send aid.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair point.  Either the Ukrainians are facing an existential threat faced with not just loss of independence as a nation but also genocide in which case such partying is at least bad optics for when they request aid or those partying are completely safe with no risk and should party as they see fit in which case the crisis is (at least in the minds of the wealthy partying) not that bad. The two are mutually exclusive points.   As previously stated , what we see here are the wealthy and their children partying while the regular joes are fighting and dying which is horrible optics.   It costs 1/3 the annual salary of the average Ukrainian firefighter to rent a basic hotel room for one night at that resort.  Regardless where one stands on US intervention in the Ukraine, I would think people would find such optics “cringy” .  I would hope so anyway.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It is so tiresome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Videos in tweets.

lol...

It is so tiresome.

It’s hilarious to be honest. Comparing a ground invasion in a country the size of Texas, to wars on the other side of the planet. Bleating about “genocide” in one breath, then defending this bullshit the next. Scammers.

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol.

Who, exactly, is being dishonest? Even if you hadn't said that all fairs were canceled and all east coast beaches closed (and you did) your point makes no fucking sense if they weren't all closed. Just man the fuck up and admit you were wrong.

Quoted:

The western beaches of the UK were in a war zone; several western cities got bombed during the Blitz. They were not under threat of invasion, so people recreated on them during the day. Odessa's beaches are in a war zone, but they're under no imminent threat of an invasion and there's no logical reason for a blackout, so people recreate on them.

Quoted:

Yeah, because if you don't think they're every kind of threat everywhere in the country you obviously don't think they're any kind of threat anywhere in the country. Solid logic.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Lol.

https://i.imgur.com/i2AoShD.jpeg

Who, exactly, is being dishonest? Even if you hadn't said that all east coast fairs were canceled and all east coast beaches closed (and you did) your point makes no fucking sense if they weren't all closed. Just man the fuck up and admit you were wrong.

The western beaches of the UK were in a war zone; several western cities got bombed during the Blitz. They were not under threat of invasion, so people recreated on them during the day. Odessa's beaches are in a war zone, but they're under no imminent threat of an invasion and there's no logical reason for a blackout, so people recreate on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

https://i.imgur.com/i2AoShD.jpeg

Who, exactly, is being dishonest? Even if you hadn't said that all east coast fairs were canceled and all east coast beaches closed (and you did) your point makes no fucking sense if they weren't all closed. Just man the fuck up and admit you were wrong.

Quoted:

I was referring to the coast and my point remains true.  You are the one who moved the goalposts to everywhere in the nation.  No, you were not riding a Ferris wheel at Myrtle beach 1942 to 1945.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#37]
This is unintentionally hilarious, at this point.

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was referring to the coast and my point remains true.  You are the one who moved the goalposts to everywhere in the nation.  No, you were not riding a Ferris wheel at Myrtle beach 1942 to 1945.
View Quote

Did Myrtle Beach have a Ferris wheel in 1942?

In any case, you could just go ride one at Coney Island, then ride some roller coasters, because those were open too.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This isn't a serious post. "Anyone whos served" isn't an answer to the question I posed and I'm 100% sure there are "people who served" that disagree with you.

You keep changing the subject with red herring arguments. How exactly would Russia losing that bridge "lose them the war"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is a serious post.

Scott Ritter agrees with you

Logistics are why Russia fled Kherson with their tail between their legs. Ukraine won the offensive through starving the Russians out. Same reason they abandoned hundreds of working armored vehicles and entire armories full of artillery ammunition.

Why did Russia declare victory if they hadn't taken all of Ukraine? The statement "Ukraine has returned to Russia" doesn't say "Donetsk and Luganks". It says Ukraine.

If Russia lost the landbridge the only minor goal they would have achieved of note is gone. Poof. They literally spend several hundred thousand dead, trillions in economic and equipment losses, and loss of prestige to gain additional territory around land they already occupied. It would be worse than the collapse of the USSR and the second major downfall of Russia in my lifetime.

That is a massive defeat.

If the USA invaded Iraq to annex and forcibly Americanize Iraq and the people there in if they managed to only gain some land along the Saudi border and the Kurdish regions would that be a victory for the USA?

No. It would be a massive embarrassment and national humiliation.

Russia has already lost the war, just like Japan in 1944 after the battle of Midway. They failed to take Kyiv and suffered enormous defeats militarily. Right now it's just deciding how bad of a defeat and where the lines will be drawn next year.

@jlaudio

Quoted:

Sort of like how $6,000 became a toilet seat in a sub.

So the "fraud" would be here in the USA and not the fault of Ukraine?

Quoted:

Yes we did.

Thousands of wounded troops, and those in training, enjoyed beachfront accommodations.

Nearly every airport in Florida was originally constructed to be an army air corp training base duriing WW2.

By 1942, America's training facilities in Florida were heavily overcrowded. This led to the military taking over many hotel facilities. Among the hotels used were the Don Cesar in St. Petersburg, the Hollywood Beach Hotel, The Breakers in Fort Lauderdale, the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables, and several hundred other hotels and motels throughout Florida. Some of the places were used for barracks and others were taken over as makeshift hospitals for injured military personnel sent home from overseas.

https://fcit.usf.edu/florida/lessons/ww_ii/ww_ii1.htm

Apparently we weren't at war because people were at the beach.

I would like the OP to edit the part of wikipedia on the so-called "WW2" and fact check it.

This outrage cannot stand. America was not involved in WW2

Quoted:

There was active combat CONUS then?

Germany had an active sub campaign off the east coast and also dropped off saboteurs.

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/nazi-saboteurs-and-george-dasch

It's immaterial. The USA was attacked and every man must be at the front.

No time for fun.

no time for Coney island.

No time for birthdays.

Every

Man

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you know that the mainland of the US was never invaded by enemy forces in WW2? Unlike Ukraine who is currently occupied with enemy forces.

Your straw man sucks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:17:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Did you know that the mainland of the US was never invaded by enemy forces in WW2? Unlike Ukraine who is currently occupied with enemy forces.

Your straw man sucks.
View Quote

Some men would drive a couple hundred miles to kill invaders. Others would go to Vegas then beg for money.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It is a serious post.

Scott Ritter agrees with you

Logistics are why Russia fled Kherson with their tail between their legs. Ukraine won the offensive through starving the Russians out. Same reason they abandoned hundreds of working armored vehicles and entire armories full of artillery ammunition.

Why did Russia declare victory if they hadn't taken all of Ukraine? The statement "Ukraine has returned to Russia" doesn't say "Donetsk and Luganks". It says Ukraine.

If Russia lost the landbridge the only minor goal they would have achieved of note is gone. Poof. They literally spend several hundred thousand dead, trillions in economic and equipment losses, and loss of prestige to gain additional territory around land they already occupied. It would be worse than the collapse of the USSR and the second major downfall of Russia in my lifetime.

That is a massive defeat.

If the USA invaded Iraq to annex and forcibly Americanize Iraq and the people there in if they managed to only gain some land along the Saudi border and the Kurdish regions would that be a victory for the USA?

No. It would be a massive embarrassment and national humiliation.

Russia has already lost the war, just like Japan in 1944 after the battle of Midway. They failed to take Kyiv and suffered enormous defeats militarily. Right now it's just deciding how bad of a defeat and where the lines will be drawn next year.

@jlaudio
View Quote

It's not a serious post, and neither is this one, LOL. Who is Scott Ritter? I have no idea who that is. This is an A+ rant.

So much projection here and more red herrings and changing the subject. 90% of your wall of text isn't even related to the comments made. It's getting boring, @fadedsun
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:28:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's not a serious post, and neither is this one, LOL. Who is Scott Ritter? I have no idea who that is. This is an A+ rant.

So much projection here and more red herrings and changing the subject. 90% of your wall of text isn't even related to the comments made. It's getting boring, @fadedsun
View Quote

I dream that one day I will love something as much as fadedsun loves the Ukraine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yep, a hotel for guys that were blown up is completely like an Insta-THOT Farm.

Christ, just say, yeah, bad optics and move on.
View Quote

When I got wounded a pseudo-tropical beach location, umbrella drinks and a gaggle of whores would’ve done wonders for my healing and morale, so maybe the Ukrainians have this shit figured out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#46]
This argument between both sides is dumb as hell at this point.

I’m a proud UkeBro and don’t understand how someone can argue the videos posted aren’t bad optics.

I’m not saying we should withdraw aid or anything like that. But it looks bad to be under foreign occupation or invasion and be partying at the beach
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#47]
LOL

I am not surprised that none of you Uke trolls are going over to help fight.  

You just want to shit post on Arfcom.

You will all live in infamy.

Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This argument between both sides is dumb as hell at this point.

I’m a proud UkeBro and don’t understand how someone can argue the videos posted aren’t bad optics.

I’m not saying we should withdraw aid or anything like that. But it looks bad to be under foreign occupation or invasion and be partying at the beach
View Quote

Of course it looks bad, that's why it was posted. I'm not going to fault them for relaxing when they get a chance.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
LOL

I am not surprised that none of you Uke trolls are going over to help fight.  

You just want to shit post on Arfcom.

You will all live in infamy.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top