Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/11/2023 1:07:51 PM EDT
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said in remarks broadcast Thursday that Kyiv is delaying its long-awaited counteroffensive against Russia's occupying forces because Ukraine lacks enough Western weapons to succeed without suffering too many casualties.

https://apnews.com/article/ukraine-russia-war-counteroffensive-zelenskyy-e02079ac61ef8d9f34ae32d1d13b2358
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
No way..
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
We most likely won’t see Ukraine take back much ground that the Russians took.  Longer it takes them to attempt the harder it will be for Ukraine to make any meaningful gains.  The west slow rolled the aid and didn’t give them what they needed when they needed it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Steiner's HIMARS will bring it under control
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Were I in his shoes, I'd keep saying we're waiting on better weather/more western gear/phase of the moon/next Marvel movie/whatever. I'd do that forever until the rooskies figure out the offensive has begun and they're losing miles per hour of territory. Why would you not want to maintain OPSEC?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Der angriffs steiner war ein BEFEHL!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#8]
So it looks like those leaked documents were correct in their assessment the Ukrainians aren't as competent and capable as the propaganda shows.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Der angriffs steiner war ein BEFEHL!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#10]
10% of $1.2B is a lot of money.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So it looks like those leaked documents were correct in their assessment the Ukrainians aren't as competent and capable as the propaganda shows.
View Quote

Shocking
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So it looks like those leaked documents were correct in their assessment the Ukrainians and their handlers aren't as competent and capable as the propaganda shows.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

“I will show you how a Prussian dies.”

“And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow.”
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Of course they need more. Cut these fuckers off.
Why would you not want to maintain OPSEC?
View Quote

There is no money or fame in it. Once this war is over and the West stops sending money, or China starts a war, Ukraine is fucked. Not to mention you are going to have a bunch of armed and hardened people running around, pretty sure Z is fucked too. Mark my words, this dude will be living in a villa in France within a few years.

Show me a successful Country that the West has shoveled money into while it had a charismatic leader.

At this point, I think the World would have been better off arming the Russians... and I really don't like the Russians.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#15]
This Clandestine guy sounds like a moron whose FOS. Anyone who cites MacGregor and leaps to conclusions like that either is such or is a willing participant in Russian IO.

Zelensky saying that may well be an act of deception, which would be a smart move with precedent. It could also be true. It doesn't mean that the equipment has all been destroyed or that, as one poster asserts, the Ukrainians are incompetent. It may also be a partial truth, as some analysts have posted that ground conditions have not yet gotten suitable for a large-scale offensive.

The claim that Ukraine has lost most of its equipment is rather preposterous and one would need to be a fool to believe a claim like that says evidence.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Ukraine needs more air power.

No deep armored thrusts can be conducted without air superiority unless they're willing to accept a massive risk in terms of lost hardware and man power.  

Ukraine needs control of the skies. The fastest way to achieve that and to insure that Ukraine does NOT expand the war into Russian territory is to allow Ukraine to hire a Private Military Company that will supply air wings and the support like the Flying Tigers did for China in WW2 against Japan.   It's a literal "turn-key" solution without legacy costs for Ukraine and that could be done very efficiently both financially and time wise.

If the Russians can use a Mercenary Company like Wagner, why couldn't Ukraine?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This Clandestine guy sounds like a moron whose FOS. Anyone who cites MacGregor and leaps to conclusions like that either is such or is a willing participant in Russian IO.

Zelensky saying that may well be an act of deception, which would be a smart move with precedent. It could also be true. It doesn't mean that the equipment has all been destroyed or that, as one poster asserts, the Ukrainians are incompetent. It may also be a partial truth, as some analysts have posted that ground conditions have not yet gotten suitable for a large-scale offensive.

The claim that Ukraine has lost most of its equipment is rather preposterous and one would need to be a fool to believe a claim like that says evidence.
View Quote

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ukraine-counter-offensive-russia-war-k85rq0m29            Attachment Attached File
                          Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Sooo? Bakhmut finally fell?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#20]
So Russians are dug in and Uk will have to push hard with the men they have and it might prove too costly to their depleted resources?

Who knows
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#21]

That is far more believable than all of their stuff being destroyed. The West has been really slow in sending stuff like that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Could be a psyops.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Live from Kyiv

War Dogs repacking ammo scene
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]
You take a hell of a lot more casualties attacking then you do defending. Russia emptying their prisons for the Wagner meat grinder is a bit more palatable than Ukraine sending their young men off to die.

If Ukraine isn't ready right now for a counteroffensive then it's a good idea they hold off.

If Ukraine isn't ready for a counteroffensive 4 months from now when the weather starts to cool. . . .  then even the most vocal supporters are going to start to have questions.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#25]
It is time to negotiate a peace agreement.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Zelensky said in the same interview no trade territory for peace so unlikely anytime before Christmas this year.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't follow the reports deeply but I haven't heard much about Russian airstrikes destroying large amounts of equipment. Actually, I haven't heard about Russian air strikes in any capacity. Is that claim remotely believable?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#29]
If I suddenly got my hands on some stealth cruise missiles I would change my plan too, Russia would if they aren't morons.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Zelensky said in the same interview no trade territory for peace so unlikely anytime before Christmas this year.
View Quote

It's important (for both sides) to negotiate from a position of strength.

Ukraine isn't going to be negotiating a peace deal before a counter offensive and not after the Russians have taken over the majority of Bakhmut

If you see Ukraine attempting to forego an attack, and instead head to the negotiation tables for a peace talks, then they are in a bad spot. I don't see it happening.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#31]
10% for the big guy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't follow the reports deeply but I haven't heard much about Russian airstrikes destroying large amounts of equipment. Actually, I haven't heard about Russian air strikes in any capacity. Is that claim remotely believable?
View Quote

As in aircraft or missiles? https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraines-air-defence-systems-repelling-attacks-kyiv-officials-say-2023-05-09/
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's important (for both sides) to negotiate from a position of strength.

Ukraine isn't going to be negotiating a peace deal before a counter offensive and not after the Russians have taken over the majority of Bakhmut

If you see Ukraine attempting to forego an attack, and instead head to the negotiation tables for a peace talks, then they are in a bad spot. I don't see it happening.
View Quote

I agree. If they do what you describe, they’re done.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are not good at hitting anything other than civilian buildings.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Meanwhile immigration has been a hot button topic for 40-50yrs that the lesser of evil elected politicians refuse to fix.. it’s still keeping the peasants occupied so mission accomplished.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We most likely won’t see Ukraine take back much ground that the Russians took.  Longer it takes them to attempt the harder it will be for Ukraine to make any meaningful gains.  The west slow rolled the aid and didn’t give them what they needed when they needed it.
View Quote

The West built up the Ukrainian Army twice already. Spare me the notion that we haven't done enough.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Given what has actually happened the last 48 hours?  Yeah, it is almost certainly an act of deception.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quick, before they counterattack with all that western hardware they've been training on, right?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Ukraine needs more air power.

No deep armored thrusts can be conducted without air superiority unless they're willing to accept a massive risk in terms of lost hardware and man power.  

Ukraine needs control of the skies. The fastest way to achieve that and to insure that Ukraine does NOT expand the war into Russian territory is to allow Ukraine to hire a Private Military Company that will supply air wings and the support like the Flying Tigers did for China in WW2 against Japan.   It's a literal "turn-key" solution without legacy costs for Ukraine and that could be done very efficiently both financially and time wise.

If the Russians can use a Mercenary Company like Wagner, why couldn't Ukraine?
View Quote

Can't tell if this is trolling.....
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Send us your women and go crawl in a fucking hole

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sooo? Bakhmut finally fell?
View Quote

Mostly

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#44]
The Wunderwaffen shall bring about Endsieg and the Final Victory!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Who knows what to believe. Many Pro Ukes here said it already started. Like a week or so ago. Now Z says it hasn't started yet.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

And when he finally agrees that Crimea is not Ukraine and signs a deal with the NaziTerroristWarCriminalRashistOrcs, the cope will be something to behold
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Oh boy.   That you keep posting this stuff even while Prigozhin repeatedly says "Uh, things are kinda shit, prepare for some bad news" is just... *chef's kiss*

Its like you're playing a deep double propaganda game specifically designed to illustrate how silly the Russian propaganda is by repeating the slightly out of date stuff right when it passes its sell-by date.   Just to highlight the off smell of it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#48]

I thought Ukr had more tanks now then when the war started. Hard to keep up with the bullshit
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#49]
lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So Russians are dug in and Uk will have to push hard with the men they have and it might prove too costly to their depleted resources?

Who knows
View Quote

Even with full recourse's they wont be able to. Ukraine will NEVER take back the land it lost. They couldn't take back Luhansk and Donetsk when it was mainly a Civil War. Now that Russia has had over a year to fully dig in? Its Russian soil at this point.

Russia cannot take more then it owns now and Ukraine cannot take it back.  Both sides know it but refuse to admit it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top