Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yah... That one needs to be treated with a Machete and some duct tape.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Snake venom is powerful stuff, the kind of stuff wonder drugs are made of.

I've been bitten by a rattlesnake, and I can tell you that it forever changes you.  Pain thresholds, chemistry, even brain activity.  We who've survived, have never had studies done to correlate any of this - and of course there are many types of venomous snakes.

I sometimes wonder why there are venomous snakes but no venomous lizards, maybe there are, but imagine a lizard chasing you with venomous fangs... that makes for scary dreams.

We who've been bit also are weird about the terms venomous and poisonous - which are entirely different and often misused by people who are ignorant of the differences.

Did it turn you into a Hedonist?  

Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

UMMMMM, BACON!!!
With a side of bleu cheese.

Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been zapped twice, first was a Brown House snake, these are not venomous, but they do have a bite on them, my cousin had it and pissed it off then shoved it into my leg so it would bite me, it did.

The other was a Red Lipped Herald, these are supposed to be venomous but it is mild, depending on the individual who has been zapped, head aches, vomiting and localized swelling / pain are some of the possible symptoms, I had none of those.

I can't say I enjoyed either experience though.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Did it turn you into a Hedonist?  

No, I actually started my career as a Hedonist back in 1990.  I was bitten in 1994, and it changed my life as a "near death" experience.  I resigned my job and started a successful business within days.  When you wake up after thinking you should be dead you fear little as you've already died once.  It's something everyone should experience.

Gila Monster fangs are more like teeth than snake fangs, but I acknowledge it is a venomous lizard - it's just not one that is very snake-like or with a "set" of fangs.

In my scary dreams, the lizards run quickly and have fangs like rattlesnakes - not a row of hollow teeth with venom.

Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Soak it in cider?

Damn beat me to it. Must be a PA thing.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who's hungry?

I could go for a drumstick.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Spent 2 years in Panama, a decent bit of it in the jungle.

Don't think I ever saw a fer-de-lance, but we did see a bushmaster chasing a Jesus lizard running down the trail.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Good lord man, looks like one of those mummies in the movie with Brandon Frazier.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's hungry?

I am eating beef jerky as I was looking at that, one of the many benefits of having worked in surgery all these years.  

Does anyone else think that looks more like a burn?

my first thought ^^

fire-breathing fer-de-lance?

Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow. No thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#13]
This is what those snakes look like.

Look at the box, and think about it the next time you get surplus ammo from south of the border.

Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#14]
See? Shit like this is why I hope Monsanto makes a corn that makes me grow titanium leg scales.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:17:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
am i the only one who thought, "shit, man, that looks like a kid....."

My first thought, but I didnt want to spoil it for anyone.

Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Fer de lances are not to be fucked with. I can't even imagine having that happen
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
See? Shit like this is why I hope Monsanto makes a corn that makes me grow titanium leg scales.

You wanted that anyway.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I ran across one in Venezuela about 5 minutes from where I took this picture.

We disabled it with a landcruiser tire.

Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Not gonna buff out....    
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wanted that anyway.

Do you not?        /ARCHER
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn I almost threw up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Ouch!
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 8:42:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Who's hungry?

Needs salt

Don't forget pepper, that hunk of meat hasn't been marinated.

I believe it's been marinating in its own juices for about two weeks.

Fuck it, give me a knife and fork, I'm game.

...with tabasco...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top