Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep rescue pit bulls all around the property. They will clear the county of all life in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whatever you do, DON'T leave a baggie of Fentanyl laced Meth on the counter.
View Quote
We used to have the local trash loot our deer camp all the time, they may or may not have stolen a 1/4oz of shitty Mexican ditch weed blended with poison ivy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We used to have the local trash loot our deer camp all the time, they may or may not have stolen a 1/4oz of shitty Mexican ditch weed blended with poison ivy.
View Quote
Just fucking AWESOME.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever you do, DON'T leave a baggie of Fentanyl laced Meth on the counter.
That is AWESOME!
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Simplisafe
View Quote
Simplisafe is anti gun. They went full retard.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
yup

Its a tiny town so 5 troublemakers getting caught.

Im getting stupid with the security up there now. Place sat there for years and no issues at all.

After something like that it makes one a little paranoid. Especially with a wife and a 2 year old.

Ill be putting up cameras. lights and my own little special surprises.

Im open for suggestion as well
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 huh.. might solve a lot of unsolved crimes for the area.
yup

Its a tiny town so 5 troublemakers getting caught.

Im getting stupid with the security up there now. Place sat there for years and no issues at all.

After something like that it makes one a little paranoid. Especially with a wife and a 2 year old.

Ill be putting up cameras. lights and my own little special surprises.

Im open for suggestion as well
Bears are a problem down your way right? Gonna need to install bear traps. You know, for the bears.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bears are a problem down your way right? Gonna need to install bear traps. You know, for the bears.
View Quote
Those things are expensive as shit

Its Friday so they maybe back in there tonight. Im not sure if the cops have done anything yet but we are meeting the insurance guy in the morning

you know Ill be sweeping the house before we enter.

What is up with the self defense laws in VA do I need to know?
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Its Friday so they maybe back in there tonight. Im not sure if the cops have done anything yet but we are meeting the insurance guy in the morning

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.vcdl.org/VA-Self-Defense-Cases
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Went to talk to insurance adjuster Saturday

$15,000+ just on structural stuff not including furniture and other items

Still waiting to hear back from the police and looking into Security systems.

Will update when I get more info
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Rig the toilet to flush when a door or window is opened. Guaranteed they'll think the place is occupied and split when they hear it. After all who'd do that?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Went to talk to insurance adjuster Saturday

$15,000+ just on structural stuff not including furniture and other items

Still waiting to hear back from the police and looking into Security systems.

Will update when I get more info
View Quote
Did they totally wreck the place or what?  15K is a hell of a lot for just a break in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#13]
So were the suspects locals? How's it going to go once they get off with probation and now the locals are pissed at you?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Did they totally wreck the place or what?  15K is a hell of a lot for just a break in.
View Quote
They were there just to tear up shit
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Sorry man, that really sucks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So were the suspects locals? How's it going to go once they get off with probation and now the locals are pissed at you?
View Quote
Its a small town and we live on the very outskirts so we would never see then anyway.

So we dont investigate crimes because "the locals" may get mad?

Oh, they will be fucking pissed when they are made to pay restitution
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pics?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Cant show pics yet until I know the police have done their part
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#18]
OST for pics.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Its a small town and we live on the very outskirts so we would never see then anyway.

So we dont investigate crimes because "the locals" may get mad?
View Quote
No. But if my "neighbors" broke into my vacation house and they got caught and convicted, I would probably sell rather than deal with the fall out for decades after.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No. But if my "neighbors" broke into my vacation house and they got caught and convicted, I would probably sell rather than deal with the fall out for decades after.
View Quote
My wife bought the place before we met. She said the folks in that area are either very well off or dirt poor.

That little town is very conservative according the the Demographics.

I dont think we will have issues but Im damn sure going all out on security. My in-laws even said they will chip in to help acquire the best system and gadgets possible.

Even the cop said that this sort of thing is extremely rare for their community
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My friend has cameras but no sign.  The damn thieves don't see the cameras and steal stuff from him.  After the 5th time he still won't take my advice to put up a big sign.
View Quote
Or big visible fake cameras.  Get them on the real cameras if they fuck with them.

Do his cameras actually catch the thieves? It seems like after the first couple word would get out and they would either be in jail or pick on someone else.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Well I hope the cops do something now that they have pictures.

My experience in 58 years of life is that cops are there whenever I need a ticket.  But do not care to fuck with thieves that have stolen from me even when at a property hearing at a justice of the peace court when aske by the justice of the peace are you going to read her her rights to a woman who pawned stolen property from my truck .

The woman admitted that the item was not hers and the jp asked me if it was mine and I said if you will open up the owners manual on the item you will find a receipt with my name on it which she did.

3k stolen from me and they did nothing.

I begged the office to search her house for the rest of my tools and to arrest the bitch.

I said we found the meter in s pawn shop, she pawned it .  Please arrest her.... nothing

Cops do deter crime through bullshit traffic stops and such but unless they are out for drug money and forfeiture they really don’t try for the citizen.  Sorry cops but from the time I lost two bikes to thefts from ms13 to copper theft from gypsy and dozens of other times . Nothing. Even when I delivered them .  Nothing

Op I hope they help you
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top